• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommendations are probably based on the videos people who watch these videos watch. MLP is so widespread that it's coming as a suggestion for pretty much everything as people watch MLP and then other things and vice versa.
Tell me about it. While it's not Netflix, my YT suggestions are flooded with pony videos, even when I've been trying to avoid watching them. Kyrospawn's top on my "suggested subscriptions" list despite me having subscribed to him and having since unsubscribed from him in the past. I suppose that's more an issue with YouTube than anything, though.

Still, given these circumstances, I can empathize with pony-haters quite a bit. Even when you're not looking for pony, you'll get pony. Must be maddening.

brian577

Banned
Still, given these circumstances, I can empathize with pony-haters quite a bit. Even when you're not looking for pony, you'll get pony. Must be maddening.

Very true, I ran into pony on two separate forums today when I was doing some research on Google. You can't escape them, they're everywhere.

Subitai

So, I'm from HaloGaf.

I think I'm supposed to come say hi...

Hi. :)
There are ponies for everyone here!
halo-pony1.jpg
thumbnail.aspx

b63.jpg

b859596938404f2a88564d846c8add5c.jpg

pony_reach_by_beaverblast-d48vfcx.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well I’ve been posting these over there in the Anime thread but evidently MLP somehow doesn’t count as anime, and I got tired of posting these over there in the thread where nobody appreciates my skills, so I’m taking my talents down to south beach this thread instead.

Anyway I’ll be doing a handful of these writeups every day, the goal is to get to the season finale of S2 before it airs so I can enjoy it with everypony else here. I hope you guys don't mind too much.

Mai Ritoru Poni: Yuujou wa Mahou 25 My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S1 25

So this episode starts off with the usual entertaining but typical Pinkie Pie shenanigans. The girl loves to party and her friends enjoy to go to her parties. And this one is for her pet Gummy who doesn’t really seem to ever give a crap about anything :(

Life’s all good until the party stops, because after that it’s secrets and lies. It’s all secrets and lies with those ponies. Secrets and lies.
Never, ever piss off Pinkie Pie.
Because underneath the cheery, bubbly personality that makes her normally great, she becomes the scariest, creepiest, most maniacal serial killer in the making pony in all of Equestria.[/spoiler]

I really don’t get how some of these episodes are for little girls. Any girl watching this episode would be freaked out of their little minds. The stuff of nightmares really. Heck I’m a 23 year old male and I found it creepy ;_;

Of course, like usual, it was all a big misunderstanding. Pinkie Pie though
is totally cute with that crazy normal hairstyle.
Puts Fluttershy to shame really.

In the previous episode it's "revealed" that Pinkie Pie's backstory includes growing up on a
rock farm.
Of course Pinkie plays it off as a joke and something she just made up. But in this episode when she is in her
Zetsubou
state she goes
loko in the coco
and one of her new best friends is
a pile of rocks
, giving credence that maybe that story wasn't made up after all. I hope that's not the case :(

Link Man

Banned
Well I’ve been posting these over there in the Anime thread but evidently MLP somehow doesn’t count as anime, and I got tired of posting these over there in the thread where nobody appreciates my skills, so I’m taking my talents down to south beach this thread instead.

Anyway I’ll be doing a handful of these writeups every day, the goal is to get to the season finale of S2 before it airs so I can enjoy it with everypony else here. I hope you guys don't mind too much.

So this episode starts off with the usual entertaining but typical Pinkie Pie shenanigans. The girl loves to party and her friends enjoy to go to her parties. And this one is for her pet Gummy who doesn’t really seem to ever give a crap about anything :(

Life’s all good until the party stops, because after that it’s secrets and lies. It’s all secrets and lies with those ponies. Secrets and lies.
Because underneath the cheery, bubbly personality that makes her normally great, she becomes the scariest, creepiest, most maniacal serial killer in the making pony in all of Equestria.[/spoiler]

I really don’t get how some of these episodes are for little girls. Any girl watching this episode would be freaked out of their little minds. The stuff of nightmares really. Heck I’m a 23 year old male and I found it creepy ;_;

In the previous episode it's "revealed" that Pinkie Pie's backstory includes growing up on a
rock farm.
Of course Pinkie plays it off as a joke and something she just made up. But in this episode when she is in her
Zetsubou
state she goes
loko in the coco
a pile of rocks
, giving credence that maybe that story wasn't made up after all. I hope that's not the case :(

Welcome to the herd! It's always great to see a fresh perspective on the series!

Speaking of Cute Apple Bloom, latest Thundercats episode reminded me of Story of the Blanks.

rock farm.
Zetsubou
state she goes
loko in the coco
a pile of rocks

Welcome! Always love seeing the reaction of first time viewers.

Theonik

Tell me about it. While it's not Netflix, my YT suggestions are flooded with pony videos, even when I've been trying to avoid watching them. Kyrospawn's top on my "suggested subscriptions" list despite me having subscribed to him and having since unsubscribed from him in the past. I suppose that's more an issue with YouTube than anything, though.

Yeah I can sort of sympathise with them until the point they start being paranoid and think anyone that likes ponies is an enemy on an imaginary war. I've come across quite a few of those people on other boards I frequent.

Mai Ritoru Poni: Yuujou wa Mahou 25
This was the episode that properly introduced me to the series. (first being the first half of Winter Wrap up) such glorious insanity in that episode.

Welcome to the thread, I hope you find your stay in this thread most enjoyable!

NewFresh

I wouldn't say nobody :(

But I don't mind having to come over here to read them.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh man I knew I forgot something in my welcoming post, thanks for reminding me.

Twilight Sparkle > Pinkie Pie > Rainbow Dash > Applejack > Rarity > Fluttershy

(thus far in my Pony watching adventures)

Swap Pinkie and Fluttershy and you'd have the proper top 3 (even if not proper order).

Orcastar

You're good people.

6WAlS.gif

I've been reading some of your episode writeups in the anime thread and they're good stuff, keep 'em coming! It's been a while since someone posted fresh impressions of the series.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

The later they come, the more interesting their rankings are.

LuffyZoro

Oh man, you made all kinds of typos in that list. Here, for anyone wondering, this is what he meant to say:

Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Rarity > Twilight Sparkle > Rainbow Dash > Applejack

Welcome!
If you're hinting that you have 24 more of these, I'd like to see them quoted here or linked to.

Prade

Twi and Pink are definitely deserving of that for their s1 performances. I'll be surprised if Rarity doesn't move up on that list for s2 as she's eligible for the Most Valuable Pony award.

Welcome and have fun with the finale while we have fun with ours!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony S1 26 - The End

96lvM.jpg

Wow such an epic episode. The 5 minute musical scene that starts off the episode is something else alright, definitely right up there for my favorite musical scene so far along with Winter Wrap Up.

The Grand Galloping Gala was predictably a
disaster.
The theme of keeping yourself grounded was prevalent of this episode, the unrealistic expectations they had from a hoity toity event pretty much was destined to fail from the get go. Chasing your childhood dreams may be an aspiration, fulfilling it though is a destination. And this is only the ending episode to Season 1 ladies.

How anybody likes Fluttershy after this episode beats me. All the ponies deal with some level of frustration in this episode but it was Fluttershy who reacted the worst. For a character who is supposed to be mature she was anything but in this finale. Very disappointed in Fluttershy after this episode. And I really thought I couldn’t think any less of her. She was almost entirely out of character this episode.

Rarity got what she deserved. Victory for Spike indeed. Rainbow and Twilight deserved better, Applejack’s aspirations for this event were ridiculously stupid so she got what she deserved too unfortunately, you could say she got her just desserts.

Maybe Princess Trollestia will be a nicer princess in S2 now that she’s gotten a bit of catharsis thanks to the events that unfold at the end of this episode. Probably not though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koD4jyiwQX0

This scene though. It broke my heart ;_;

Poor Pinkie Pie.

Anyway onwards onto S2!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Maybe Princess Trollestia will be a nicer princess in S2 now that she’s gotten a bit of catharsis thanks to the events that unfold at the end of this episode. Probably not though.

Stop calling her that.

One of the more interesting observations for this episode is that Twilight and Rainbow Dash had their night ruined by circumstance, and not by having unrealistic expectations. Celestia really did want to spend the night talking with Twilight, and the Wonderbolts did want to hang out with Rainbow Dash.

How anybody likes Fluttershy after this episode beats me. All the ponies deal with some level of frustration in this episode but it was Fluttershy who reacted the worst. For a character who is supposed to be mature she was anything but in this finale. Very disappointed in Fluttershy after this episode. And I really thought I couldn’t think any less of her. She was almost entirely out of character this episode.

Out of character was my problem with the last episode. Pinkie going totally nuts felt out of character, not to mention that her crippling abandonment issues remain. I agree that it went a bit too far in the episode with Fluttershy. I don't mind seeing her lose her cool a bit, but it did seem over the top, but coming off Party of One, I didn't really think it was quite as bad.

Of course, because it would be so horrible if she were actually treated with respect.

Like how she treats Spike with the respect any doormat deserves? Or those two ponies at the start of the episode?

Narag

My Little Pony S1 26 - The End

BVOCA.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Of course, because it would be so horrible if she were actually treated with respect.

Well no. She spent the entire season totally blowing off Spike and focusing her sights on a guy she literally knew nothing about. Even in this episode Spike got shafted, not just by Rarity, but by all the ponies unfortunately.

brian577

Banned
Well no. She spent the entire season totally blowing off Spike and focusing her sights on a guy she literally knew nothing about. Even in this episode Spike got shafted, not just by Rarity, but by all the ponies unfortunately.

Spike is a baby dragon, it's a crush and nothing more. She probably doesn't share is attraction. I really don't understand your complaints about A Dog and Pony Show either. For most people it's the episode, where they warm up to Rarity. For you apparently fighting her captors the only way she can makes her obnoxious?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Spike is a baby dragon, it's a crush and nothing more. She probably doesn't share is attraction. I really don't understand your complaints about A Dog and Pony Show either. For most people it's the episode, where they warm up to Rarity. For you apparently fighting her captors the only way she can makes her obnoxious?

Well my complaints on the episode aren't about Rarity itself but how the episode plays out in that cliche and trite fashion. The villains weren't very villainous at all and thats the only reason why Rarity's "act" (but none of that was acting) actually worked. My real complaint is with how much the Diamond Dogs totally sucked. But Rarity doesn't learn anything from this episode, she simply acts the way she normally does and gets rewarded for it. What exactly am I supposed to warm up to here?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Arguments promoting the use of "Spike's age" as a crutch are clearly advocates against interracial romance. I thought, by the end of Season 2, we'd have moved past the irrational fear of scales and hair intermingling our forefathers left us with. I guess I was just too forward-looking.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well my complaints on the episode aren't about Rarity itself but how the episode plays out in that cliche and trite fashion. The villains weren't very villainous at all and thats the only reason why Rarity's "act" (but none of that was acting) actually worked. My real complaint is with how much the Diamond Dogs totally sucked. But Rarity doesn't learn anything from this episode, she simply acts the way she normally does and gets rewarded for it. What exactly am I supposed to warm up to here?

Fun Fact: The only ponies that ever seem to retain lessons learned are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom