• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
exquisite_company_by_atryl-d4rlorq.png

iz dat sum anthro?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Fallen PonyGAFer ellisk did an amazing commission for fellow temporarily displaced PonyGAFer Blacklawn. Behold:

blamite

Woah that's awesome looking. I love the style and the colors and the... art... things.

I wish I could draw stuff. Maybe I'll start trying to learn, even though all I have is notebook paper, pencils, and a crappy cellphone camera.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I know the meme

I mean who would do such a thing to Squidward, putting him in a body of a pony

Orcastar

Fallen PonyGAFer ellisk did an amazing commission for fellow temporarily displaced PonyGAFer Blacklawn. Behold:

That is pretty damn amazing, very distinct style. Draw more ponies, ellisk!

Anyway, you know what day it is? It's the day Fluttershy finally gets her chance to shine! I bet she's really excited about it!

Or not.

Chuck

Still without luck
So Lauren Faust posted on DA about her new short, Super Best Friends Forever, which is premiering tomorrow at 10am on Cartoon Network (maybe different in your region) for their DC Nation block.

So I was just wondering; Is anyone else going to watch it?

I will because I'm sure it'll at least be a quality show and I want to support her and her work in whatever ways I can. But I haven't seen much about it anywhere on various pony sites/forums (not that I go to very many).

What about you guys?

Parfait

vibxF.png

Could Trixie truly afford a T-sparx plushie of such amazing quality? Those things go for thousands of bits on e-bay!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's a great Fluttershy drawing. They totally got it right. Probably the best I've seen

http://mylittlesweetheartbook.blogspot.com/

Buy now!

As I sit on the order page in sadness, realizing I don't want to deal with the family asking about what I've been ordering and having mailed to me.

But the rest of you buy now!

Proceeds go to charity!

You know I want to support them and contribute to a good cause, I do admire some of the tasteful sexiness of artists like Carek. (and livingmachine's there too w00t!). But there's something about buying "smut" and having it on a bookshelf for people to see, just makes me feel kind of sheepish and self conscious about people getting the wrong impression about me. And I shouldn't feel like I should have to hide it either.

So Lauren Faust posted on DA about her new short, Super Best Friends Forever, which is premiering tomorrow at 10am on Cartoon Network (maybe different in your region) for their DC Nation block.

So I was just wondering; Is anyone else going to watch it?

I will because I'm sure it'll at least be a quality show and I want to support her and her work in whatever ways I can. But I haven't seen much about it anywhere on various pony sites/forums (not that I go to very many).

What about you guys?

If I had never gotten into MLP, I would've checked it out as I usually try to check out DC related Animated material. But I think I'm MORE excited at it being Faust's new work now. Wonder if Tara will voice Batgirl like she did for BTAS.

Great stuff! I tried almost every one of your previous smoothies, and loved them all, particularly the Pinkie Pie inspired one. Is this a different recipe from your previous Derpy smoothie?

If so, I'll be sure to try this one as well, if I can find the ingredients for it.

Nope, same recipe. I might do the Pinkie one next. I do have a couple ones for Luna and Lyra. but, yeah thanks, Myke /)^3^(\

I've dwelled on this myself, actually. My musings had led me to believe that the core of the fan base will exponentially diminish following the conclusion of the series. EqD will continue to post fan arts and updates on the cast/crew of MLP as they move onto other projects, but will slide away. The rest of the "fanbase" will follow, as DeviantART submissions for Pony Art slow to a crawl.

However, I do think that pockets of MLP fan communities will thrive. Dedicated groups that will continue to discuss the show, continue to do fan art, and continue to try and introduce others to the show for years to come. Tight-knit communities can survive long after their original "purpose" has become moot (indeed, oftentimes its a requirement, as the original topic for discussion might grow bland or saturated before it is concluded).

PonyGAF itself will most likely linger on in some form or another a year or so after the show wraps up. For how long and in what capacity I cannot say.

But in the meantime, thank goodness for top-notch art like this. This community really rocks.

Kinda forgot to reply to this. It REALLY depends on what they want to do for G5, or G4.5. I can see them pulling a sort of Legend of Korra, and keep as much talent as possible, keep the artstyle, and just make a new "mane cast". Or not, but I will give a new series a chance, as I'm sure plenty of other bronies will. Worst case scenario: What Ahoy said. It'll still be known in pop culture as an awesome show that people will look back and reflect on. I'm KINDA optimistic that Hasbro will at least try to do more with the franchise and expand on it (continue making animated series and maybe branch out to other mediums like video games, basically making it a full fledged "equal" to Transformers as a franchise powerhouse)

blamite

Ah, this belongs in the OT (for the actual series) Some people posting in here want to avoid these. Just FYI
Whoops, I totally thought I was in the Season 2 thread when I posted that. >.> Don't know what went wrong etc. Anyway I guess you can edit the quote or spoiler it or something if you want. Sorry about that.

Chuck

Still without luck
rarity_is_mouse_by_taskidog-d4jy3yl.png

EST? Aw, I missed this.

Yeah I think the time is 10am wherever you are. And to my surprise, Lauren's short wasn't on this week. Hopefully it'll be on next week. Green Lantern an Young Justice were pretty good though so I'm glad I watched.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
so does anyone know of a not-live pony episode stream like our synchtube, only with recent and popular pony-related stuff like AMV's and music and videos before and after the show starts?

I honestly hate that Kirby crap to death and I'm so sad I'm missing out on all those great new Season 2 videos, so if anyone knows something, I'd be glad for information.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I guess "because one can relate to the characters" has never been a main point at all, but a funny pic still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom