• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Let forget the shit avatar and move on to positive things.

We got another one!

dqm0luP.png

He's creator of the popular "Fairy Tale" Manga

Really hope he draws humanized pony art at some point... preferably with wings >_>

Also, it's Fairy Tail.

EDIT: New writers
dCV1um3.png

Yeah, it would be nice to see more art from professionals in the industry, although I remember when I first heard of Fairy Tail being announced and saw that first piece of artwork and thought "Wow, what a blatant One Piece ripoff. This will surely flop." And I just can't bring myself to give it a try.

Also about Tenumi, just dang, I always thought Evillore was in the mellow "Not my thing, but it doesn't really bother me either" crowd.

Trying out a different avatar. Sorry for messing up he last page lol. She's SUPPOSED to be a SFW latex pony cosplayer. That's what I'm going for, anyway.

Village

Yeah, I'll also have to share my disapproval. Besides, given Tenumi's recent permaban for basically being around EviLore with a pony avatar, I imagine this is a really bad time to try to push what MLP avatars you can get away with.

wat.

Let forget the shit avatar and move on to positive things.

We got another one!

dqm0luP.png

He's creator of the popular "Fairy Tale" Manga

Neat, hopefully he doesn't get any ideas.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Another Saturday, more voting done.

Updated Season 4 Episode Rankings:

Castle Mane-ia: (5*4+4*1+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.50
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29
Power Ponies: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29 - new
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 2: (5*3+4*2+3*2+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.14
Flight to the Finish: (5*1+4*4+3*1+2*0+1*0)/6 - 4.00 - new
Daring Don't: (5*0+4*1+3*4+2*1+1*0)/6 - 3.00

S1 and S2
S3

Village

Seriously, you're not making any sense.

Blunt:If someone is banning people because of that, I am concerned as to why that scorns the person banning them so much.

I dislike bayonetta, but I don't go out my way to spite people, I got shit to do with my day man. Time and brain power is being allocated to do a thing like that, I wanna how did that person get to that point.

Cheerilee

Blunt:If someone is banning people because of that, I am concerned as to why that scorns the person banning them so much.

I dislike bayonetta, but I don't go out my way to spite people, I got shit to do with my day man. Time and brain power is being allocated to do a thing like that, I wanna how did that person get to that point.

Ah, I think I get it now. Translation attempt: "What's EviLore's problem? SMH."

To answer my own supposition, absolute power. It doesn't waste any time or brain power or even need any particular malice for EviLore to permaban someone, because it's incredibly easy. He could delete PonyGAF for even having this conversation, and there's nothing anyone could do about it. This is his forum. He could permaban every single one of us, and NeoGAF as a whole would continue on as if nothing ever happened (with some minor fuel for entertaining forum drama). So when it looks like he's on the warpath, just give him some space. Makes it hard to talk to him, but it is what it is.

And since I'm already talking out of turn, I should say, the last time EviLore was on the warpath (that I saw), Hitokage talked him down. And Hitokage ain't around to do that anymore, so maybe this has something to do with that. I don't know. Just a theory. I know I miss Hitokage standing up for us, but I'm sure EviLore misses Hitokage standing up to him even more. As I said, not my business. Best just to give EviLore some distance whenever it looks like a good idea.

Build A Bear Celestia

It's really weird to see officially licensed merchandise of Celestia without her jewelry, and she also looks a lot younger here than normal. Perhaps one can think of it as "Journal of the Two Sisters" era Celestia.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't think I'd get one. I got the Rainbow Dash BAB, and I really don't like the Doll hair. Certainly doesn't do justice to Celestia's mane and tail. 4DE also has that really nice plush coming out.

A Library of Congress interview with the Research is Magic guys. Sounds impressive, but I have no idea if it actually is. In any case, the interview is interesting enough, though it has a fair amount of jargon, as a heads up.

Weird Japanese energy drink commercial that notably has a pony drawn in FiM style. While it probably doesn't tie into FiM, I guess the fact that its artstyle is being used means something.

And most importantly, Rainbow Rocks official clip! Seemingly from the very beginning of the movie, it features the villains seeing the climax of the first movie form afar, also revealing that they were banished from Equestria to Dougworld (please don't let it be due to Celestia). I have to say... I really don't like their speaking voices. Kazumi Evans voices the villain, as I thought from the first clip released, but her speaking voice is kind of odd. In particular, the two side villains remind me of background pony voices from the first two seasons. Plus, we now have an MLP related official video where someone says, "Fo'rizzle".

EDIT: Also, list of songs from an official album coming out for Rainbow Rocks. Oddly, it's largely songs from the first movie.
1. Awesome As I Want to Be
2. Battle
3. Better Than Ever
4. Equestria Girls (Cafeteria Song)
5. A Friend for Life
6. Opening Titles (Remix)
7. Rainbow Rocks
8. Shine Like Rainbows
9. This is Our Big Night (Full Version)
10. Time to Come Together
11. Tricks Up My Sleeve
12. Under Our Spell

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
New comic solicitation time!

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #25
A new plot of land has been bequeathed to the Apple family and they, along with the rest of our favorite ponies, go to investigate the land’s worth! Unfortunately the land has been taken over by Cattle Rustlers who think there’s treasure hidden somewhere on it! It’s an epic Western-pony-style!

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDS FOREVER #11
Rainbow Dash is overjoyed when Wonderbolt Spitfire invites her to a special training camp. However, Spitfire is hiding a secret that she is ashamed to admit. Will Dash be able to help before the camp turns into chaos?

We knew about the main series story, of course, though it's a bit odd that it's going for a similar impetus to the plot as that of "Over a Barrel".

About the Friends Forever plot... is the secret in the synopsis that training camp is actually for foals? Because otherwise it's kind of weird that both given covers feature a bunch of foals. Anyway, the quality of the issue will largely depend on how Spitfire is portrayed, since she hasn't exactly been consistent.

akira28

you see...the trick is...to get EviLore entrapped in an avatar bet...
eh? eh? Operation Discord, anybody? Whats is favorite sports team?

Stylish, good use of monochrome.

So I bought and read the first four comics in the main series today. Overall it was quite a treat, though the ending was a little underwhelming.

Favourite part:
Chrysalis: Hiss! I am losing my patience with you three.
Apple Bloom: Sigh. Losing patients is how we didn’t get our cutie marks in dentistry.
Scootaloo: I told you pulling teeth wasn’t the answer to everything.
Sweetie Belle: I thought teeth grew back.
Scootaloo: No… No… Just… no, Sweetie Belle.
Got quite the imagery from that, haha.

PaulloDEC

New comic solicitation time!

Those are some interesting setups. Definitely looking forward to the Western with Applejack.

you see...the trick is...to get EviLore entrapped in an avatar bet...
eh? eh? Operation Discord, anybody? Whats is favorite sports team?

You're a brave man, Akira.

Stylish, good use of monochrome.

So I bought and read the first four comics in the main series today. Overall it was quite a treat, though the ending was a little underwhelming.

Favourite part:
Chrysalis: Hiss! I am losing my patience with you three.
Apple Bloom: Sigh. Losing patients is how we didn’t get our cutie marks in dentistry.
Scootaloo: I told you pulling teeth wasn’t the answer to everything.
Sweetie Belle: I thought teeth grew back.
Scootaloo: No… No… Just… no, Sweetie Belle.
Got quite the imagery from that, haha.

Glad you enjoyed it! I find that the ending are most frequently the weak links in the more dramatic stories, though there's usually enough good stuff during the journey to make up for it.

Incidentally, just finished reading the Applejack/Rarity "Friends Forever". Brilliant, loved it.

Friends Forever #8 was a lot of fun, and had great art, of course. I didn't expect to see
the Cattle Rustlers from main series #25 appear so early, though given that, it's kind of odd that they already had Applejack and Rarity defeat them so easily. It doesn't seem like #25 continues immediately after this, for the record
. It was nice how it went through the travel movie checklist, with the water show, Mount Rushmore, the old plane in a barn, and finally the amusement park and the reveal
that the trip was completely pointless
. While it was nice to see Rartiy's businessmare side appear again, I did feel it was a bit of a disservice to Applejack to portray her as being so unaware of how to present a business plan and such, but it was fine for comedy, and I really liked how Rarity stopped fighting with Applejack and started helping her once she realized how Applejack intended to go about her meeting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't think it's OOC to show AJ as someone a bit ignorant of business. She of lying sells stuff locally. Either from the farm or from her cart. This is the pony that thought trying to sell apple stuff at a catered event in Canterlot was a good idea.

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDS FOREVER #11
Rainbow Dash is overjoyed when Wonderbolt Spitfire invites her to a special training camp. However, Spitfire is hiding a secret that she is ashamed to admit.

Uhhh...*looks at covers* Oh, never mind then.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Why do you feel like shit?
I was to contribute with the lineart, and did, but my collaborator mostly ignored it and turned it into something in which I could barely see my work. Only the general shape of Luna's head remains recognizable. The cup, scarf, hairdo, background, wing, I didn't draw any of that.

Then she uploaded it signed by herself only, and after I called her out on that, she took a week to fix that, resulting in most other versions floating around on the Internet not having my mark.

That'll teach me to work with kids with more talent than sense.

Top Bottom