• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Village

Twilight in Rainbow Rocks is Celestia. Sunset Shimmer is Twilight.

Celestia made twilight make friends.
Celestia tried to beat a bad guy, and couldn't.
Twilight brought friends back together when they were broken up.
Twilight learned Friendship is magic, and transformed.

Twilight made Sunset Shimmer make friends.
Twilight tried to beat the bad guys, and couldn't.
Sunset Shimmer brought the band back together.
Sunset Shimmer learned the they're never going to bring her down, that they're never going break that part of her, that her friends are there to bring her around, and transformed.

Question about shimmer, so is the horse version ever going to be in the regular show in an significant way?

Question about shimmer, so is the horse version ever going to be in the regular show in an significant way?

They have said that they intend to keep Equestria Girls completely separate from the main show, and in season 4, the only reference to it we got were cameos from pony Flash Sentry, whose existence Twilight never acknowledged. Given that, I don't think Sunset will appear in season 5 at all. At the very most, we'll see that book that she writes to Twilight with.

Even beyond fans wanting to keep them separate, the reasoning is that they wouldn't want something in the show for which you would need to have watched the movies to understand.

Village

I feel like that character might be a bit wasted.

Like if they bring any hold over from EG, it should be her make her a thing.

Also you can easily explain it way.

Also the the bad guys from the last movie.

I feel like that character might be a bit wasted.

Like if they bring any hold over from EG, it should be her make her a thing.

Also you can easily explain it way.

Also the the bad guys from the last movie.

Remember that inter-episode continuity itself is a hard sell for a TV-Y show, let alone continuity with DTVs.

Anyway, as for Sunset in the regular show, an interesting episode could be done with her reuniting with Celestia, but I don't think there's room for her to shine as a regular character. If they developed her as a rival character more, it would be a different story, but now, she's better served as the "main character" of Equestria Girls. As for the Dazzlings, I don't think they'd work in a returning story, regular show or Equestria Girls, unless you just straight up turned them into slice of life comedic characters.

Village

While I would argue if you keep it simple things being connected is fine, like how DK, Mario, WarioWare, and luigi's mansion stuff exists in the same world. That said, my thing is I think you can just introduce her with little or revamped explanation and be fine. There are two versions of twilight, just have two shimmers. Wanna keep the connection, introduce her as friend, and don't explain too much.

Also I would watch Shimmer TV It would be the horse versions, it would be a " reality show " and everyone would be sassy and 90% of everything said would go over kids heads.

Remember that inter-episode continuity itself is a hard sell for a TV-Y show, let alone continuity with DTVs.

Anyway, as for Sunset in the regular show, an interesting episode could be done with her reuniting with Celestia, but I don't think there's room for her to shine as a regular character.
You can have Sunset Shimmer come back for an episode like that. Never mention EG, never mention any details of what happened. Just that Sunset Shimmer is coming to visit and then have her visit Celestia. You can do all that without any details of what happened in the past. Just that something happened.

Cheerilee

If nobody minds, I'm going to stray off-topic and review "Barbie and the Secret Door", which I just watched, because I think there's some crossover appeal, and it provides some perspective to my recent semi-review of Rainbow Rocks. TL:DR
Rainbow Rocks is not as awful as some of the things out there.

It's quoted and spoilered, for ease of skipping past.

The first thing to mention about this movie is that I like the idea of the fictional character "Barbie" fictionally starring in movies. These aren't movies about Barbie, they're movies featuring Barbie as [insert character]. Somehow, I really like that concept. Also, I like Kelly Sheridan as the voice of Barbie. She's a great actress, and I've been a fan ever since her role as Sango in the English dub of InuYasha, although she did plenty of good work before that, and just prior to MLP:FIM, she was the voice of Cheerilee. Not sure how I feel about that (leaning toward "it's awesome"). Also, like MLP:FIM, Barbie movies are made in my home town of Vancouver, by Mainframe/Rainmaker, the company that famously made ReBoot and Transformers Beast Wars, before falling apart and becoming irrelevant, and yet somehow surviving for the next 20 years, apparently by making Barbie movies.

Anyways, this film opens with an introduction to Alexa.

yZrb1In.jpg

She's a modern-day Princess from the modern-day Kingdom of Genericland. But she has social anxiety disorder, and is blowing off her ill-defined modern Princess duties in favor of her true passion, reading books, particularly fantasy novels regarding fairy tale Princesses. I found this character setup to be great. It's not often that we ask what modern-day Royals think of Royal stereotypes, and it's understandable for a modern young Royal to develop SAD, and it gives new meaning to her fantasy outlet, because this kind of fiction is speaking directly to her.

Alexa breaks into a song about how much she loves books, and the song is effective in conveying that Alexa loves books. But the songs in this movie aren't up to Danny Ingram's standard. That's not to say that this song is bad, but it makes me appreciate how even on a bad day, Danny Ingram is still pretty great.

So Alexa's pissed-off Queen-mom demands that she attend her waltz lesson, which is where this movie takes a turn for the worse. The dance instructor is painted by the movie as comically uptight, and Alexa doesn't seem to be displaying signs of SAD, it looks much more like she simply does not want to learn. Which is also weird, because in Alexa's song numbers, she starts breaking out ballet moves. Now I'm not a dance expert, but even I know that the waltz is easy, and ballet is hard. But I'm going to cut the movie some slack here and say that Barbie (aka the actress in this movie) is skilled at ballet, and uses it to convey Alexa's emotions, while Alexa (the character in this movie) hasn't learned the waltz yet. Oh yeah and, Alexa's pair of friends cheer her on with calls of "Go Alexa! You're a Royal, so you can do everything perfect on your first try, without the need for effort or study!" Assholes.

Then Alexa comically breaks her dance instructor's leg. Haha, he was old. Old people are lame. Now that he's out of the way, Alexa's friends try to teach her some of the moves that kids these days are doing, and Alexa actually puts in some effort this time, but she still can't get it right. Grandma pokes her head in and seems pleased to see that Alexa is making some progress towards becoming a well-adjusted person. Grandma rewards Alexa with some more crack a new fantasy novel, and Alexa sings her way outside to go read it in their massive walled garden. She finds her way underneath the canopy of a large tree, where a magic door appears on the stone wall. She hears servants running about looking for her, so she steps through the door into magic-land, where she gets a magical costume change.

As she's admiring the scenery, a resident of this world tries to put an arrow through her skull. Introducing human Rainbow Dash (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) and human Pinkie Pie (not voiced by Andrea Libman). Turns out they're a little antsy because of evil villains, which is why they're shooting first and asking questions later. But they're lucky that they missed, because Alexa identifies herself as a Princess, and all Princesses have magic, which can defeat the villain. How do they know this? Because rules, that's why. And who is this villain? She's the Princess of this world, but she was born without any magic, and got kind of pissed about that, so she began magically stealing everyone else's magic... My brain cannot repel nonsense of this magnitude. It might be fine if fake-Pinkie was saying this stuff, and it was intended to be ironically stupid, but Rainbow Dash is the one saying it with a straight face.

Then the evil Princess' tracking rodents come along because they smelled fresh magic, and the gang hides. Ummm... maybe now would be a good time for an arrow to the brain? The good guys apparently shoot first and ask questions later, unless they know that they're dealing with bad guys. Bad guys get to live. Normally I'd ignore fantasy heroes not going for the quick kill, but this movie armed the heroes and showed that they were willing to kill random strangers. It's like Chekov's Gun. Don't include it of you're not going to use it.

So the trackers eventually leave, and the human ponies show Alexa where the last of the magical people are hiding. They're all fairies and mermaids. They've also got unicorns, which are just horses, not people. And a Queen unicorn, hidden in a different location, which holds all the magic of the land.

Then we're introduced to the evil Princess, and she's an annoying twerp. She's voiced by Tabitha St. Germain, but not Tabitha's pretty Rarity/Luna voice, it's beyond her "Pepper" voice from Littlest Pet Shop. And then she gets an evil song, which is nails-on-chalkboard bad, but I'm sure it was deliberately bad, because Tabitha didn't get a singing double. Yes, some movies try to be deliberately bad sometimes. I remember when MLP tried to have the Cutie Mark Crusaders sing deliberately bad, and it ended up secretly awesome. Not the case here. This is just painful.

Then Alexa sings about how great it is to have magic in this world, and be able to do whatever she wants, changing flower colors and whatnot. Then she comes up with a new plan. If the evil Princess is stealing people's magic, why can't Alexa just use magic to turn people magical again? Problem solved, without the need for fighting. It's actually a good idea, but it doesn't work. Alexa still has to get everyone's magic back from the villain.

The evil Princess claims another victim, and decides to really obviously tell the victim that she knows where the Queen unicorn lives, and is about to attack there. Then she releases the victim. And follows her to the hideout. Based on this intel, the fairies and mermaids send Alexa/RD/fake-Pinkie to go retrieve the Queen unicorn and bring her back to the hideout. This world deserves to get conquered by a ten-year-old. Alexa makes a magic carpet for the journey, and in a nice little moment she notices how RD is enjoying the sensation of flight again, so she flies low over some water so that fake-Pinkie can dangle her legs in the water and experience the sensation of fast-swimming again. This was a nice touch, showing firsthand how the victims are hurting, and how the hero is kind and giving. The Queen unicorn invites Alexa to ride on her back, but bucks the other two, because getting tossed from a horse is funny and totally doesn't put you into a wheelchair until you die like Christopher Reeve.

Oh noes, it was a trap. The evil Princess tries to drain Alexa's magic, but she isn't strong enough to do so, and Alexa escapes, magic intact. Obvious plot time: The evil Princess is going to drain the horses, power-up, and become a threat again. Yawn.

Alexa eventually stops running, comes back to survey the damage, and resolves to confront the evil Princess. The evil Princess, meanwhile, drains the horses and the entire world turns grey. Alexa and the gang spy on her through a skylight, and Alexa has a plan. Employ the element of surprise, magically open the skylight, and deliver an arrow to the brain? No, barge in through the front door, past the large guards, feigning surrender, and demanding to see the evil Princess. Amazing plan.

Before the magical battle can begin, the trackers are brought in to asses the situation. Turns out, Alexa has much more power than the evil Princess, even though the evil Princess has just absorbed all the magic in the world. What the hell? Just how incompetent is this movie? And if Alexa has that much power (more power than anything or anyone in this entire universe, combined), and a selflessly giving nature, how was she unable to recharge one mermaid and one fairy? So, now that we know that there's no real danger and the bad guys stand absolutely no chance of winning, it's time for the magic battle, which is pathetic. And I'm talking animation and directing, not emotion and stakes, which were already destroyed. Will somebody please put an arrow into the evil Princess' head while she's distracted, and end this movie? No, apparently not.

After the evil Princess gets tired of losing the hopelessly pathetic magic battle, she falls back on her trump card, the magic suck, which is guaranteed not to work. Oh noes, this time Alexa is making absolutely no attempt to resist it. The evil Princess has discovered Alexa's one weakness, suicide, the bane of all nerds. But shortly after absorbing all of Alexa's magic, the evil Princess' magic wand explodes, because it cannot contain the power of more than two universes. And does the magic power return to it's original owners? No. Does it settle onto the ground and power up everyone present? No. Does it flow into the Queen unicorn, the apparent source of all magic in this world? No. For some reason, it all flows directly into Alexa, the recently depowered loser of a magic battle. And it powers her up, so now she's more powerful than two worlds and has a new dress and everything.

Alexa grants magic to those she sees fit, but she probably kept a bunch for herself, because she keeps the new dress. Then she goes home. The evil Princess' parents return from vacation somewhere, and did the cute widdle Princess try to destroy the world while they were gone? Oh yes she did? How adorable. Someone put an arrow in all three of their heads.

Alexa emerges from under the tree to find servants looking for her, but she's wearing her Super Saiyan dress, which is a serious flaw in the movie, if you ask me. If she depowered to her original dress when she passed back through the door, one could choose to believe that the adventure was real, or one could also choose to believe that Alexa was hiding under a tree for a few hours, reading the fairytale that her grandmother gave her (which would have been a pretty lousy fairytale). We "saw her" have the adventure, because she inserted herself into the story, and we "saw it" the same way we saw music videos happen once she started singing about how much she loved books. But this movie did not do that, because this movie is stupid. Alexa's fantasy adventure is confirmed to have actually happened in this movie-world.

Alexa now meets with some commoners and has no more social anxiety disorder, and goes to the ball, where she has somehow mastered the waltz. And then she interrupts the ball to play music that the cool kids these days listen to, and puts on a show for the crowd, perfectly dancing the modern dance that her friends had failed to teach her. Strike a pose to end the movie, because Alexa is so awesome and extreme.

Oh and, the movie ends with a repeat of Tabitha's nails-on-chalkboard song. Movie's done. Time to eject that DVD. No, don't wait and read those credits. The people who made this movie would actually prefer it if you don't read the credits.

This movie is terribly written. Did anything in Alexa's previous character (being a book-obsessed fantasy enthusiast) help her to succeed in a fantasy world? No. Well, almost nothing (I am being very generous). At one point, she made a magic carpet, so we can say that she's probably seen Disney's Aladdin, or is at least marginally aware of it. Did Alexa's adventure in the magical world help her overcome her start-of-the-movie shortcomings? Nope. Those problems just magically went away. The villain learned nothing, she was simply beaten by an impossibly powerful force and had her magic taken away again. Did the citizens stand up for themselves or support Alexa? Nope. They were merely saved by an all-powerful being who stood no possible chance of losing (short of an arrow to the brain). I've seen a few of these Barbie movies now, and bad writing seems to be a hallmark. Some people could say that I'm being too harsh on a movie meant for little girls, but this movie isn't even a good movie for little girls. This movie teaches bad lessons and Alexa is a terrible role model. Which is sad, because this movie had a lot of good things going for it.

After Life in the Dreamhouse, and, well, this show, I was completely open to the possibility of a Barbie movie being surprisingly good, so it's a bit disappointing to hear that it isn't. Interesting to see some of the surprising parallels with Friendship is Magic. For all the complaints that Friendship is Magic gets at times, it has never fallen to the lows described by you, and this still doesn't sound like the worst a story for little girls can get.

ED interviews Amy Mebberson! For whatever reason, this interview doesn't feel anywhere near as good as the others. The questions aren't as interesting, and Mebberson only gives brief responses.

The AMC show Comic Book Men will have an episode set at BronyCon. I have no idea what this show is like.

And lastly for news, weird plushies.
5.jpg

On another note, I think I realized what specifically led to Rainbow Rocks not appealing to me nearly as much as other people.
1. The big one, I don't really care about Sunset Shimmer. Also, despite the movie's attempt to develop her, I still don't really get a sense of what her personality is like; or rather, I have a hard time visualizing her interactions with the other characters in various scenarios. Like if Pinkie started annoying her while she was doing something, how would she react? Now of course, this is something that could be solved by putting her in more slice-of-life scenarios.
2. I wasn't into Twilight's storyline. First of all, unlike some people, I have no particular interest in seeing a story where Twilight fails to solve the problem herself, since I never felt that was an issue. Second, Twilight learns that she doesn't have to do everything on her own, but she had already demonstrated that lesson in the past, and while she learned to apply it in Dougworld, it doesn't feel like it "counts" until she applies it to Ponyland. In any case, the moral of Equestria Girls was more or less repeated in season 4, so I expect that this moral will be repeated in season 5. Also, Brad. Their brief interactions were enough to spoil Twilight's other scenes.
3. I didn't like how the other Main Six and Spike were portrayed in this movie, which is a shame after I liked how Rarity in particular and Spike were handled in the first film. Here, Rainbow was at her most abrasive; Rarity was as obsessed with dresses as, well, a dress-obsessed character would normally be portrayed; and the others were just kind of there. I get the idea that these are supposed to be versions of the characters before they all got their character development from the show, but that's the problem right there. Without their development, they just aren't the same characters.

So basically, you're really big on characterization and development. I see and understand your arguments/concerns, but they didn't matter much to me. I just watched Pony-People and enjoyed the ride. Wasn't perfect, but I had a good time.

So basically, you're really big on characterization and development. I see and understand your arguments/concerns, but they didn't matter much to me. I just watched Pony-People and enjoyed the ride. Wasn't perfect, but I had a good time.

Yeah, I suppose the real bigger problem is that I don't like the Equestria Girls human designs and concept, otherwise I'd be able to look past the problems I listed more.

Strangely enough I didn't like the concept of Equestria Girls either at first, but before the first movie started being shown in theaters, I saw Fringe, which also had a dimension with alternate versions of the main characters. Granted they are two completely different takes on the parallel dimension concept, yet somehow that helped me warm up to the ponies as humans going to high school idea.

Yeah, I suppose the real bigger problem is that I don't like the Equestria Girls human designs and concept, otherwise I'd be able to look past the problems I listed more.

I have my misgivings about the designs too, but if they didn't simplify the animation to a similar style to The Pony Show they probably couldn't have afforded to make it. It's not hideous. I know fan art can do much better but I'd like to see some low-budget traditional fan-made animation "do better" for a runtime greater than a couple minutes. For a Flash-animated production, Equestria Girls and EG:Rainbow Rocks are pretty impressive, IMHO.

I have my misgivings about the designs too, but if they didn't simplify the animation to a similar style to The Pony Show they probably couldn't have afforded to make it. It's not hideous. I know fan art can do much better but I'd like to see some low-budget traditional fan-made animation "do better" for a runtime greater than a couple minutes. For a Flash-animated production, Equestria Girls and EG:Rainbow Rocks are pretty impressive, IMHO.

I agree that the movies have impressive animation. I don't think more complicated designs would have helped unless they got past the "it'd be bad if we committed to races for the characters, so we'll have everyone's skin be the same color as their coats" and especially the "high school" issues. Really, I would have preferred no official human versions at all, but I'll have to take what I get.

And just to make things clear, I thought both Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks were decent enough. I just wouldn't introduce them to my parents. (Literally. As I mentioned, I'm watching the series with my family.)

EDIT: I suppose I'm posting so much about Rainbow Rocks as a reaction to posts I've seen elsewhere expressing that they're more interested in future Equestria Girls stories than season 5, which is a position that I really can't sympathize with. Plus, with it being entirely possible that Hasbro could choose to focus more on EG than regular pony if it becomes popular enough, it does make me a bit uncomfortable to see even bronies showering accolades for the former. There is a lot of precedent for girls toy lines dumbing down their more adventurous aspects to focus on fashion, like the American Girl doll line, due to popularity. Granted, the fact that they're committing to a presumably pony Pony movie in 2017 makes that very unlikely, but I do suppose this is one of the underlying fears preventing me from really appreciating Equestria Girls.

Alternate cover for issue 25. We have Dash as the Lone Ranger; Rarity as Jessie from Toy Story 2+; Applejack as "Blondie" from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; and Twilight as Marty when he first goes to 1885 in Back to the Future Part III. I can't recognize Fluttershy and Pinkie's outfits.

Don't know about Fluttershy, but Pinkie is Quick Draw McGraw.

Quick-Draw-quick-draw-mcgraw-20892980-316-241.jpg

At first I thought she was dressed as Twinkie the Kid. Which would have been perfect, because then she would be an itty bitty, little wittle, Twinkie Pinkie.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Toy Story 4 was announced today.

Back in September, Disney announced they were ditching Matel and going with Hasbro for future Disney Princess toys.

I think there's a really good chance of a pony cameo in the film.

Great drawings, Mike. Especially lil' Trixie.

I drew a thing late last night myself. I adored Scootaloo's expression in one part of this song and I tried to emulate it. It's not quite a match, but hopefully it's recognizable. Also this song has been in my head for like three days straight.
hearts_strong_as_horses_by_asclearascrystal-d85g1ai.png

Just rewatched "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies", "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3", and "Filli Vanilli". I still think the former is fine, though it really is obvious that the end segment with everyone turned into breezies was put in to pad out the story. The latter two were probably even better than I remembered, especially the former, with how well everyone's movements were used to show their personalities.

Is there a good place to go to see only totally G-rated fan-art/comics of ponies? Like, a deviantArt group or blog anything like that that has a reputation for not allowing even suggestive content?

Tenumi

Banned
Is there a good place to go to see only totally G-rated fan-art/comics of ponies? Like, a deviantArt group or blog anything like that that has a reputation for not allowing even suggestive content?

Bronibooru is probably your best bet. They're associated/run (?) by The Round Stable staff, who tend to run their sites like you are describing.

$200

Banned
Bit LTTP but just finished reading Friends Forever #10 (Iron Will and Fluttershy)...and it's weak as usually. All but one or two FF issues have been quite underwhelming. Maybe I should stick to just the main series :S

Edit: Issue #24 (Fluttershy, Discord and CMC) was aiight.

Cheerilee

So Watson the computer analyzed MLP characters using their dialogue, and...

... I can't really make heads or tails of the percentages. Twilight is certainly susceptible to stress, but lol @ harmony being 3%. In any case, curiosity at 1% feels way off, but maybe it just isn't shown in her dialogue that well.

I think the percentages are "weighted" in terms of importance. For instance...

Spike scores 76% in terms of emotional range, and 89% in terms of agreeableness, but that's not what defines him (according to Watson). What he "is" is a bad servant. He's not conscientious, he's not curious, and he's got a small streak of hedonism.

Twilight is an even bigger hedonist than Spike, but what stands out (again, according to Watson) is that she's agreeable, self-transcendent, and doesn't have her own set of ideals (Celestia's lackey).

PaulloDEC

Bit LTTP but just finished reading Friends Forever #10 (Iron Will and Fluttershy)...and it's weak as usually. All but one or two FF issues have been quite underwhelming. Maybe I should stick to just the main series :S

I'm holding off on issues like this one until they're on sale, if at all. There's definitely some gems in the side-series', but it's a bit of a gamble buying them all immediately on release.

I think the percentages are "weighted" in terms of importance. For instance...

Spike scores 76% in terms of emotional range, and 89% in terms of agreeableness, but that's not what defines him (according to Watson). What he "is" is a bad servant. He's not conscientious, he's not curious, and he's got a small streak of hedonism.

Twilight is an even bigger hedonist than Spike, but what stands out (again, according to Watson) is that she's agreeable, self-transcendent, and doesn't have her own set of ideals (Celestia's lackey).

Spike a bad servant? Twilight a hedonist? Dammit Watson, this is why you need to watch the show rather than just analyse the dialogue.

Cheerilee

Spike a bad servant? Twilight a hedonist? Dammit Watson, this is why you need to watch the show rather than just analyse the dialogue.

Thinking about it, it's probably Spike's lack of hedonism which Watson is focusing on, not it's slight existence, since it is a 0-100 scale. Twilight would likely also be "not a hedonist". "Bad servant" was my own interpretation, based on his lack of conscientiousness.

Upon reflection, I figure it's more that Spike's character is rather average (maybe even deep), but that he's defined by the ways in which he absolutely doesn't give a crap.

Looking at Fluttershy's chart, she has assertiveness at 96%. Something tells me that Watson needed a lot more data to get an accurate picture. On the other hand, I guess this just goes to show that there's so much more to the characters than what can be gleamed solely from what they say.

Anyway, ED's interview with Jay P. Fosgitt is definitely much more interesting than their previous one.

I read "Friends Forever" #11 (Rainbow Dash and Spitfire), and I thought it was good. It was probably the first "official" story since season 1 where I actually liked Spitfire. The art style was different, but I thought it worked. It was pretty adorable how Dash got attached to the one filly that acted like Fluttershy; and generally, it was nice to see Dash act all responsible and such without feeling out of character, which shows that she did indeed develop.

EDIT: Rewatched "Somepony to Watch Over Me", "Trade Ya", and "Maud Pie". The former had a slower start than I remembered, but I still liked it once it got going. I liked "Trade Ya", though the ending is still so odd. "Maud Pie" is still great, though at the start, I was getting a bit agitated waiting for the episode to get to Maud alread. On another note, while I understand that this is a TV-Y girls show and all, after all this time, I still get a bit uncomfortable whenever an "explaining the moral" scene comes up at the end of an episode, especially when watching with my family.

Interview with Ted Anderson about his upcoming Equestria Girls Holiday Special comic. At first I thought that covering the topic of cyberbullying was kind of interesting... but then I looked at the comic art and saw Dougworld Applejack in all of her orange glory and thought, "Nope." Plus, on reflection, I realize that I've never found the topic interesting in other high school stories like Veronica Mars and such, so meh.

Also, I prefer not to look at preview pages so I can't confirm, but preview pages for Friends Forever #12 (which are out surprisingly early) have a Kill la Kill cameo.

PaulloDEC

I read "Friends Forever" #11 (Rainbow Dash and Spitfire), and I thought it was good. It was probably the first "official" story since season 1 where I actually liked Spitfire. The art style was different, but I thought it worked. It was pretty adorable how Dash got attached to the one filly that acted like Fluttershy; and generally, it was nice to see Dash act all responsible and such without feeling out of character, which shows that she did indeed develop.

Glad it turned out ok, might grab it once the price drops.

This is great. The ending makes it.

McNum

My Ponyville is so gentle and still
Can things ever go wrong?
I don't think that they will
Twilight had just gotten so used to fate throwing monsters and challenges her way that she decided to mock it in song. It's the right way to do it, just going "Sure is a nice day." will make it rain, so you need to step it up if you want to be challenged.

And yet the song did end with her getting rained on. And then the real problem showed itself. Fate does love a challenge.

Top Bottom