• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Batdan posted this in the Community thread:
Equestria Daily said:
Looks like Sibsy was right- there is going to be a gap between this two-parter with Discord and the rest of season two. How big of a gap is uncertain at this point, but if we survived the entire summer without new pony, I'm sure we can manage a month or two with only this so-far fabulous two-parter to hold us over.

/knock on wood

Thanks to Micheal for the heads up!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We managed to survive a whole summer without new episodes. I think we can deal with a couple more weeks easily

duckroll said:
No, I'll rather they just had 20 minutes of Fluttershy being Fluttershy instead!

In a perfect world...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
SC2/Pony-GAF sponsored bump

tjCVO.gif

Negator

Pancakes said:
We managed to survive a whole summer without new episodes. I think we can deal with a couple more weeks easily
I don't know man, the episodes I'm most looking forward to are the ones after the two parter. I just hope the gap is only a week or two.

Link Man

Banned
Ah, I see, my mistake. I'm not really a fan, just stumbled on them and thought you guys might like them. I'll make my exit, then.

Ashenai

Neo Member
Link Man said:
Ah, I see, my mistake. I'm not really a fan, just stumbled on them and thought you guys might like them. I'll make my exit, then.

We did like them, and thanks for thinking of us :)

This thread is just a Mandatory On-Topic Season Two Zone. Feel free to pony it up with us anytime in the Community thread, though, even if you're not a fan.

KtSlime

Watched the episode the other day, really good - I liked the quick opening and the stained glass scene was great. Dr. Forrester has been right all along, MLP=ST+Ponies.

As to what I think will happen to Discord, I don't think he will be defeated, nor do I think he will become friends. My guess is the ponies will start working together and become friends again and Discord will get bored with the situation and leave to come back every once in a while - much like Q.

No one can permanently defeat chaos/Discord because it is a fundamental part of the universe, best they can do is bring order to it using cooperation (friendship) for periods of time.

2th

Banned
duckroll said:
No, I'll rather they just had 20 minutes of Fluttershy being Fluttershy instead!

while cute it would get boring very fast. She needs to interact with the others to really be fluttershy. Otherwise she would be some moe hippy that loves the forrest and bunnies is as not really all that interesting. I mean there is a reason why Dragonshy is such a great episode.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SparksterMeta0 said:
Preview of "Return of Harmony: Part 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YI6wiaOVJo

Discord's enjoying this. He even brought some popcorn. Such an ubertroll...

How much you guys wanna bet that elements weren't even taken from Celestia's box. It seems to be where the "back where you began" part seems to be pointing.

Either that or they're back in the old ruined kingdom from the first season.

Prediction: They're at the ruined castle in the Everfree forest, they get there, Discord shows up and smashes the elements, and they reappear on the ponies after Twilight gives a speech.

It's probably pointless to care about the physical jewelry itself, the elements will probably show up wherever, the ponies just have to overcome a hardship and feel a strong enough friendship before it happens.

You know, magic and all that.

jogarrr

SparksterMeta0 said:
Preview of "Return of Harmony: Part 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YI6wiaOVJo

Discord's enjoying this. He even brought some popcorn. Such an ubertroll...
What a jerk, "/sarcasm Maybe the Magic of friendship can help you." :p
I wonder where the other ponies are.. Off being jerks to the rest of Equestria?

It's obvious now. Celestia has the elements. Celestia IS Discord.

Pretty obvious where the elements are:
They exist in the ponies like the first season premier. They don't need to be physical objects.

brian577

Banned
Dr. Pangloss said:
Pretty obvious where the elements are:
They exist in the ponies like the first season premier. They don't need to be physical objects.

No,
They had to find the elements in the pilot before they could use them, being the spirits of the Elements of Harmony means they can utilize them not make them appear out of thin air.

McNum

That clip reminded me of something...

Twilight, you were supposed to be the SMART one. When what is basically a trickster god gives you a riddle, you do NOT just solve the first half with the first thing that comes to you and rush off on that.

Ah well, live and learn Twilight. But this one is totally your fault, just saying.

OMG Aero

You know, if people are discussing the new video behind spoiler tags it would have been nice for you to link to the gif and spoiler warn that too instead of flat out posting it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
OMG Aero said:
You know, if people are discussing the new video behind spoiler tags it would have been nice for you to link to the gif and spoiler warn that too instead of flat out posting it.
it not really spoiling anything though =/ its just pinkie pie being pinke.

Top Bottom