• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Scarecrow

I kinda wish Discord
didn't just sit there and let the group blast back into stone
but besides that, an excellent episode.

Tizoc

Can't believe I actually called her Flutterbitch...the fanbase must be wizards...
Almost done watching the ep. and Discord hade me rofling in the first half.
Someone should make a GIF of him skiiing on the soap with 'U MAD' appearing when he stops.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Various GIFs and images from the episode:

http://i.imgur.com/9foi2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hvcKr.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Js3Ku.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gFyeu.gif
http://i.imgur.com/xPpDE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/U4ev2.gif
QPnSF.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rarity and Fluttershy further cemented as the best ponies. Twilight's meltdown was good too.

Rushed second half but entertaining, Fluttershy has pretty respectable speed chasing Dash while dragging a pony filled balloon.

Nocturnowl said:
Rushed second half but entertaining, Fluttershy has pretty respectable speed chasing Dash while dragging a pony filled balloon.

Well, Fluttershy is the most powerful Pony, but she chooses not to use her abilities.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
The Synchtube is starting now. We're starting with Return of Harmony part 1 and then afterwards we'll be watching part 2 so no spoilers if you've already seen it please.
http://www.synchtube.com/r/ponygaf

After all that we'll be playing TF2 and the server details will be posted on the Steam group if you want to join us.

Darth vader is Discord's father!.

Have fun in sych, at work or I'd join. Someone defend Celestia for me.

Narag

DrForester said:
Defending Celestia is easy, because we have 100% cannon on our side. And we get to like Luna too.

Team luna is just fanfic writers.

It's going to be awful for our cause when her characterization is nothing like we envisioned!

DrForester said:
Defending Celestia is easy, because we have 100% cannon on our side. And we get to like Luna too.

Team luna is just fanfic writers.
As cold as the moon she was imprisoned in, but very true

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I laughed so hard. Twilight just made it #2 on my list. This two-parter was the best episode so far. That is all.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ancient evil trickster god released from thousands of years of confinment? luna dont give a fuck.

episode 2 rankings:
1. fluttershy
2. rarity
3. twilight
4. pinkie pie
5. rainbow dash
6. applejack

Orcastar

Amazing episode. Not perfect (pacing mainly), but still amazing. Can't wait for the rest of season 2.

Rainbow Dash, we gotta stop meeting like this...

Neki

you guys always complaining about pacing. if they had an hour, they could go indepth, but they got 20 minutes.

UberTag

Ultimoo said:
you guys always complaining about pacing. if they had an hour, they could go indepth, but they got 20 minutes.
Technically, they went 44ish minutes.
Pacing issues would have gone away with 66ish. That's all.

Neki

UberTag said:
Tecnically, they went 44ish minutes.
Pacing issues would have gone away with 66ish. That's all.
I know, but how viable would it have been to get a 3 parter for a season opener? that's way too long. And Twilight is too good as usual.

Uchip

Banned
Ikael said:
Give this a look, then realize of how much wrong is in your post :p

he edited the star wars footage to match it
and maybe they couldn't think of a better way to end it so they used an ending thats been done by many non-parodies before. this is like when people were going on about the "chocolate rain" meme reference ><

Pandaman said:
that was a unintended consequence of torturing spike.

seriously
he needs a spam filter
or maybe celestia should have been less cryptic and actually told her what to do

Neki

Uchip said:
he edited the star wars footage to match it
and maybe they couldn't think of a better way to end it so they used an ending thats been done by many non-parodies before. this is like when people were going on about the "chocolate rain" meme reference ><
there's nothing wrong with parodying something, not sure what the problem is here. Swarm of the Century is a parody of a Star Trek episode, so I don't see how much of a stretch it is that would parody Star Wars.

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:
there's nothing wrong with parodying something, not sure what the problem is here. Swarm of the Century is a parody of a Star Trek episode, so I don't see how much of a stretch it is that would parody Star Wars.

I dont think you know what "parody" means

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If you can't see that that bit was clearly referencing Star Wars then somethings just wrong with you. They even use the same wipe to credits at the end.

Uchip

Banned
DrForester said:
If you can't see that that bit was clearly referencing Star Wars then somethings just wrong with you.

i refuse to believe that there is nerd pandering in my little pony

McNum

So the two parter with an obvious call to a Star Trek villain gets the ending from Star Wars. Didn't see that one coming. It was great to see the friendship letters come back like that, brilliant use of what would appear to be just another spoken epilogue and lesson learned like in so many other cartoons.

Of course, this two parter does raise a lot of questions that it doesn't answer. Mainly that Celestia and Luna have been disconnected from the Elements of Harmony. When? How? Did Celestia lose them after using them on Luna? Did Celestia give them up voluntarily? I hope we get to see that later in the season.

Also, this may change something for season 2. The mane six defeated Nightmare Moon, but that happened in secret. With just the six of them plus Luna and Celestia witnessing the battle, it could be a secret and the ponies could live in peace. Now? Now they're the Saviors of Equestria, the wielders of the Elements of Harmony, the heroes who defeated Discord, and quite possibly the most famous ponies in the world. I hope they don't leave that plot thread hanging, there are some good stories to tell about dealing with being a hero, and I hope they take them on.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
McNum said:
So the two parter with an obvious call to a Star Trek villain gets the ending from Star Wars. Didn't see that one coming. It was great to see the friendship letters come back like that, brilliant use of what would appear to be just another spoken epilogue and lesson learned like in so many other cartoons.

Of course, this two parter does raise a lot of questions that it doesn't answer. Mainly that Celestia and Luna have been disconnected from the Elements of Harmony. When? How? Did Celestia lose them after using them on Luna? Did Celestia give them up voluntarily? I hope we get to see that later in the season.

Also, this may change something for season 2. The mane six defeated Nightmare Moon, but that happened in secret. With just the six of them plus Luna and Celestia witnessing the battle, it could be a secret and the ponies could live in peace. Now? Now they're the Saviors of Equestria, the wielders of the Elements of Harmony, the heroes who defeated Discord, and quite possibly the most famous ponies in the world. I hope they don't leave that plot thread hanging, there are some good stories to tell about dealing with being a hero, and I hope they take them on.

The way she worded it to Twilight made it sound like she gave them up so Twilight and company could use them. Not that she lost the ability to use them after fighting Luna.

Top Bottom