• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pretty fun episode, I enjoyed the added backstory.

Well, the episode was awesome.
Sounded more like the Equestrian hymn than a christmas carol.

I hope fan artist create the real queen ponies of the old Equestria (and their helpers). I would like to see how people do them. Would they adults as celestia and luna?

Why? I want to watch one of this days the whole series and want to know what it has in common with this last episodes.

A lot of MLP episodes have been kind of confirming that it takes place in a post apocalyptic Earth.
They still have human devices and languages.
It's full of mystical creatures and magic.

Equestria is obviously in the same realm as Ooo.

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode, to use a term that just sprang into my mind it warmed the cockles of my heart. I was oddly pleased to hear a star swirl the bearded mention.

A lot of MLP episodes have been kind of confirming that it takes place in a post apocalyptic Earth.
They still have human devices and languages.
It's full of mystical creatures and magic.

Equestria is obviously in the same realm as Ooo.

Well they are both broadcast by Cartoon Network here so they could make a crossover...
Well, MLP is in the little children CN channel :(

At least a crossover showing the good of both would stop some conflicts, some of the circles ive been hate MLP if they love Adventure Time and vice versa, and usually any of those has watched the other series.

Well they are both broadcast by Cartoon Network here so they could make a crossover...
Well, MLP is in the little children CN channel :(

At least a crossover showing the good of both would stop some conflicts, some of the circles ive been hate MLP if they love Adventure Time and vice versa, and usually any of those has watched the other series.

Makes sense.
I mean, the Rainicorn/Dog war left both sides bitter.

And what was that?

1CowH.jpg

oHqC9.png

Ooh, Adventure Time and MLP...mmm best of my current favorite shows (although I would have to include both Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb to a certain extent..though those are not set in a post-apocalyptic Earth =p)

Odd, the third time I have heard about such a thing. One admittedly through my sister who thought the Ice King made his horse from 'The Eyes' episode off of Derpy's design. (although I am sure Adventure Time came first...but I only started on the series as soon as Season Three started).

Anyway, I should get a MLP avatar soon, I do like my old NMH2 avy, but I suppose it's time to look for another.

Ooh, Adventure Time and MLP...mmm best of my current favorite shows (although I would have to include both Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb to a certain extent..though those are not set in a post-apocalyptic Earth =p)

Odd, the third time I have heard about such a thing. One admittedly through my sister who thought the Ice King made his horse from 'The Eyes' episode off of Derpy's design. (although I am sure Adventure Time came first...but I only started on the series as soon as Season Three started).

Anyway, I should get a MLP avatar soon, I do like my old NMH2 avy, but I suppose it's time to look for another.

Marry me.

Marry me.

I don't think you could deal with my particular kinks...=p Though in regards to said avatar discussion, I was considering getting a pony designed after Travis, but the cutie mark I could not decide on. (either the beam katana or the Bizzare Jelly girls =p)

Anyways, I'll stop for now...WAY off topic. I wish my dang scanner worked, as I have a few drawings my sister did which I find cute

I don't think you could deal with my particular kinks...=p Though in regards to said avatar discussion, I was considering getting a pony designed after Travis, but the cutie mark I could not decide on. (either the beam katana or the Bizzare Jelly girls =p)

Anyways, I'll stop for now...WAY off topic. I wish my dang scanner worked, as I have a few drawings my sister did which I find cute

HYFzG.jpg

Obviously, since that is the main image on his shirt.

OMG Aero

My only complaint:
Where do Celestia and Luna come into play? They were on the flag at the end.
Then again, this is a play and may not be entirely accurate. Especially with kids in the audience.
If you don't mind a cop-out and incredibly reaching answer, they could have just designed the flag to incorporate all the parts of the three races to signify the harmony and it just happened to look like Celestia and Luna. The real answer depends on Celestia's origin. They say it's before her rule, not before she existed so she might have been a deity or concept that they worshipped but not one that actually ruled them yet.

I think one of my favourite little things about this episode is that it cements that the pegasi and unicorn's culture seems to be based around the real world legends behind those animals, as has been shown a little in other episodes.
Pegasus was a creature in Greek mythology and in this episde the pegasus town/city looks like it is based on Ancient Greece architecture (Cloudsdale also shares this) and this influence is also shown in their armour design and militaristic attitude.
Unicorns also have their origin in Greek mythology but are mainly associated with the Middle Ages and in this episode they are shown living in castles, have a monarchy and there's also the obvious Canterlot/Camelot connection.

LuffyZoro

My only complaint:
Where do Celestia and Luna come into play? They were on the flag at the end.
Then again, this is a play and may not be entirely accurate. Especially with kids in the audience.

Celestia and Luna were originally pagan goddesses. The current beings we know as Celestia and Luna are actually brutal dictators that styled their coming to power after ancient pony myths.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
unicorns controlling the weather prior to celestias reign of terror sure does make it hard for imperials like forester to explain away her tyrannical side.

pinkie pie is dropping bombs on the flat earth society

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Equestia B.C. (Before Celestia):
Earth Ponies = harvest crops
Pegasi = manage weather
Unicorns = raise the sun and moon

Equestia A.D. (Alicorn Dominance):
Earth Ponies = harvest crops
Pegasi = manage weather
Unicorns = ??????

Only the threat of windegos
and moon banishment
keeps anyone from upsetting the current dynamic.

The sun and moon can be raised and lowered just fine without Celestia and Luna, ergo why do they have so much political power?

Pony society would function just as well with democracy.

Prior to this episode, you could say "well ponies need the sisters to raise the sun and moon, which is really important, so they get to be princesses for being the only ones who provide such an important service" but now?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The sun and moon can be raised and lowered just fine without Celestia and Luna, ergo why do they have so much political power?

Pony society would function just as well with democracy.

Prior to this episode, you could say "well ponies need the sisters to raise the sun and moon, which is really important, so they get to be princesses for being the only ones who provide such an important service" but now?

Not like Unicorns all have equal magical power. And I imagine raising the sun and the moon is pretty difficult magic that takes a lot out of a Unicorn. So you have the kind Celesita and Luna to do the work with their superior Alicorn magic. Also lets them corral all the jerk Unicorns in Canterlot away from all the other ponies who love to be friends and have a good time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not like Unicorns all have equal magical power. And I imagine raising the sun and the moon is pretty difficult magic that takes a lot out of a Unicorn. So you have the kind Celesita and Luna to do the work with their superior Alicorn magic. Also lets them corral all the jerk Unicorns in Canterlot away from all the other ponies who love to be friends and have a good time.
DrForester's excuses get more and more desperate as evidence keep piling up against the monarchy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So what you're saying is that the Monarchy is a good thing and people who want Pony Democracy are Nazi's?

rainbowV.png
We all know the "democracy" Ponyville has is just a façade set up by Celestia and her liege to give the inhabitants of the city an illusion of freedom. Besides, what duties does the mayor of Ponyville have beyond being toastmaster at events and (half-arsedly) wrap-up winter?

The mayor is a powerless figurehead.

Link Man

Banned
We all know the "democracy" Ponyville has is just a façade set up by Celestia and her liege to give the inhabitants of the city an illusion of freedom. Besides, what duties does the mayor of Ponyville have beyond being toastmaster at events and (half-arsedly) wrap-up winter?

I'm surprised that Twilight Sparkle wasn't elected mayor after that mishap.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Untopian society. It's not that the Mare doesn't do much, it's that there's not much for the mare to do.

I'm surprised that Twilight Sparkle wasn't elected mayor after that mishap.

She's also nearly destroyed the town on several occasions...

Link Man

Banned
But the mayor is horribly inefficient with her given duties; she admits to spring being late every year. Twilight Sparkle deserves at least a cabinet position for her organizational skills.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
And now we touch on the subject of favoritism and preferential treatment.

Or Celestia knowing what it's like to be treated differently by being famous and doesn't want Twilight and Friends to have to go through the same.

Or just a gift for "defeating Discord and Nightmare Moon"

Top Bottom