• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not really a place for shipping in My Little Pony. Not for me. I'll steer clear of any even slightly romantically inclined interpretation of the show.

My Little Pony isn't that kind of show for me.

Neki

Blue_Gecko said:
There's not really a place for shipping in My Little Pony. Not for me. I'll steer clear of any even slightly romantically inclined interpretation of the show.

how do you think ponies reproduce? MAGIC? doesn't work like that SON.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Myke Greywolf said:
ARGH! "Huffy the Magic Dragon" is melting my translation brain circuitry! And I haven't even reached "horse drawn horse drawn carriages"! THIS EPISODE IS FRUSTRATINGLY FULL OF PUNS!

Breath deep, Myke. It's the last one. You're supposed to be doing this for fun, remember?

Just be glad you weren't trying to translate FLCL or something.

KtSlime

Blue_Gecko said:

I haven't really looked into shipping, but from the pictures I have accidentally came across, it looks to simply be two horses nipping, which is quite a common occurrence of two real horses showing affection, and communicating with one another. It's not necessarily romantic, mares often do it to their foals, and other mares.

If the shipping is simply nipping - One shouldn't see it as much different then say chimps and other primates grooming their friends.

However, I don't know much about the shippings being done, because I haven't had any interest in seeing ponies ship/nip/nuzzle - I may have a totally mis-skewed view of the Pony shipping community.

ivedoneyourmom said:
I haven't really looked into shipping, but from the pictures I have accidentally came across, it looks to simply be two horses nipping.

If the shipping is simply nipping - One shouldn't see it as much different then say chimps and other primates grooming their friends.
That seems fair. I could get behind this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
1301764541299.gif

Did anyone make an avatar out of this yet? I would love one if someone hasn't :D

G-Fex

skipped to ep 19 and it was great cause it was a Spike and Rarity episode. Squeeeeeee I love Rarity's voice especially when she whines. Spike's dream was great! Oh man those Diamond Dogs now know the power of Rarity's whining.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:
skipped to ep 19 and it was great cause it was a Spike and Rarity episode. Squeeeeeee I love Rarity's voice especially when she whines. Spike's dream was great! Oh man those Diamond Dogs now know the power of Rarity's whining.
im not whining I'm complaining.... Do you want to hear whining?

poor dogs. lol.

G-Fex

Now I went back to watch The Show Stoppers. With the CMC. I don't understand the rock music performance, it seemed like something out of the 80's, almost like some sort jem reference.

Kusagari

G-Fex said:
Now I went back to watch The Show Stoppers. With the CMC. I don't understand the rock music performance, it seemed like something out of the 80's, almost like some sort jem reference.

I saw it as a homage to 80's glam rock done by ponies!

G-Fex

CassSept said:
G-Fex, wait till you watch episode 20 :)
Probably my favorite episode of MLP. It was really great all-around.

Where Fluttershy is a model? I've seen it. Favorite part is her screaming.

CassSept

G-Fex said:
Where Fluttershy is a model? I've seen it. Favorite part is her screaming.
Ah, ok, didn't know you were going in a completely random way through the episodes. I'm quite new to this pony stuff and whatnot.

G-Fex

CassSept said:
Ah, ok, didn't know you were going in a completely random way through the episodes. I'm quite new to this pony stuff and whatnot.

It's the only episode I saw off of TV

Yes Dai101 that intro is great. I'm not sure why I watched that when I was little but I did

Isn't it odd how realistic the animation is when jem dances?

G-Fex

Dai101 said:
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, i truly truly truly wish for a Jem remake, or at least a movie. I'm thinking in something made "a la" Speed Racer by the Wachouski Bros.

I don't know if it'd work.

Also, Spike is truly the hero that Rarity deserves.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ruby_onix said:
Shout Factory really is an amazing company. They also just announced the other day that they're releasing M.A.S.K.

Their work on MST3K is amazing. They got the rights to release the Gamera episodes, something no one thought would ever happen. Even if the true story is that the guy who hated MST3K and held Gamera rights had his license expire and they reverted back to the company MST3K originally licensed it from...

karby

New episode at the end of the upcoming week, yes? And it looks like a good one too! Next to Rarity, she's my second favorite!

Taken from the FiM wiki:
Fluttershy tries to help the Princess's sick bird, without her permission, and the ponies try to help smooth over the situation.

without her permission!!!11 :O

Aww, shiiit. Let's hope
poor Flutter
don't get that thousand year vacation to that cold icy rock. :(

Also, did the mods tire of Shannedeus? I somewhat liked his antics...somewhat.

Neki

I should steal Shanadeus' avatar now because he's gone. What even happened to him? I don't remember reading anything particularly bad from him this week.

Koomaster

karby said:
New episode at the end of the upcoming week, yes? And it looks like a good one too! Next to Rarity, she's my second favorite!

Taken from the FiM wiki:
Fluttershy tries to help the Princess's sick bird, without her permission, and the ponies try to help smooth over the situation.

without her permission!!!11 :O

Aww, shiiit. Let's hope
poor Flutter

She'll get turned into a bird for 1,000 years. Let the punishment fit the crime.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
^

Start of a five parter

Trollestia banishes Fluttershy.

Next episode "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". Standard flashback story told when heroes are at their lowest.

Next Episode "Owl's Well That Ends Well". Twilight begins plans to save Fluttershy and overthrow Celestia. She teams up with an Owl who ends up betraying her and everyone is captured except Twilight.

Next Episode ""Party of One". Twilight must plan by herself to save her freinds

Next Episode "The Best Night Ever". Trollestia is overthrown, all is well.

Dennis

Banned
DrForester said:
^

Start of a five parter

Trollestia banishes Fluttershy.

Next episode "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". Standard flashback story told when heroes are at their lowest.

Next Episode "Owl's Well That Ends Well". Twilight begins plans to save Fluttershy and overthrow Celestia. She teams up with an Owl who ends up betraying her and everyone is captured except Twilight.

Next Episode ""Party of One". Twilight must plan by herself to save her freinds

The rebellion will be led by Luna and she will take her rightful place on the throne as the One True Princess of Equestria.

Death to the tyrant Celestia, long live Princess Luna!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DennisK4 said:
The rebellion will be led by Luna and she will take her rightful place on the throne as the One True Princess of Equestria.

Death to the tyrant Celestia, long live Princess Luna!

Last episode isn't called best "NIGHT" ever for nothing.

karby

Koomaster said:
She'll get turned into a bird for 1,000 years. Let the punishment fit the crime.

Yeah, that is more fitting. But still...damn, Trollestia™! Flutter just wants to help! She don't need royal permission!

Koomaster

DrForester said:
Alternately the whole cast gets banished to the moon along with Luna again and find Luna's moon kingdom is actually kind of awesome. Trollestia gets jealous of all the partying that is going on on the moon and sends herself there and the rest of the ponies back to Equestria.

Whogie

karby said:
Aww, shiiit. Let's hope
poor Flutter

Luna will get her back and the ponies' allegiances with be polarized.

I read in another thread Shan did something in a 'black culture' thread.

karby

Yeah, I just saw that thread also.
So Shannedeus was banished to the moon. Based on what I saw, he'll probably be there for more than a thousand years, though.
I'll remember to pour some apple cider on the sidewalk in his memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom