• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:
ohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh I watched Sonic Rainboom! yay rainbow dash is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjkM_y-Wps

That was great.

Plus derpy was there!

rYvUm.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
duckroll said:
Twilight Sparkle's singing voice.
Ahhh, i see it now. lol

Just noticed Shanadeus was banned. I guess he finally broke through that wafer-thin ice he was skating on

Edit: Nice timing.

El'Kharn

My eight year old daughter loves teh ponys...
But it disturbs me how you guys feel about it.
Gotta say though it craps all over the old pony toon.

Snaku

Banned
Dai101 said:
http://i.imgur.com/kI2Qv.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

First time I've ever said this....d'aaaawww!

[QUOTE=Dai101]Shut yo' mouth. It's all lies, Celestia loves her little sister Q_Q[/QUOTE]

I dunno, a thousand years of solitary imprisonment is pretty tough love. If Celestia had the power to put her away that long, she probably could have taken away her evil powers too.

Kusagari

So, I've been slowly watching the series and I just saw episode 18. I have to say that I have no idea why I've seen so much hate for the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They're pretty well done for kid characters and their 'talent show' in this episode was one of the funniest things in the entire series.

daffy

Banned
Kusagari said:
So, I've been slowly watching the series and I just saw episode 18. I have to say that I have no idea why I've seen so much hate for the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They're pretty well done for kid characters and their 'talent show' in this episode was one of the funniest things in the entire series.
srsly, it saddens me. They have so much potential and are so interesting.

Neki

Kusagari said:
I don't hate them, but I'd rather see the main characters get developed then them shoeing in new crazy characters. Some of the best episodes are when they just leave the main characters to their own devices. :p

Ultimoo said:
I don't hate them, but I'd rather see the main characters get developed then them shoeing in new crazy characters. Some of the best episodes are when they just leave the main characters to their own devices. :p

Why eat a haumburger when you can have steak?

Most of the show's appeal is in characterization. The CMC aren't terrible, but they're pretty bland next to the main characters.

Uchip

Banned
FTH said:
srsly, it saddens me. They have so much potential and are so interesting.

the show already maxed out my tolerance for "cute"
introducing those characters just made me throw up rainbows

duckroll said:
Hmmmm, looks like the description for episode 25 is out. Doesn't sound like the last two episodes are going to be a two parter...

Pinkie Pie tries to learn why her friends are avoiding her party invitation.
Called it!

Confused101 said:
Man, if Luna wasn't confirmed for the second season I would immediately think that was an episode for her.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Grand Galloping Gala considering it's the second to last episode.

Or maybe Pinkie throws a party and no one shows up because they're all too busy that day.
Well, close enough anyway. :)

Koomaster

ruby_onix said:
Then why's she stealing eating Luna's blanket in her sleep?
Because it's delicious. Ponies eat dandelion sandwiches, you think they wouldn't eat a cotton blanket? If your comforter was made from poptarts, you'd probably eat it too.

Cheerilee

Koomaster said:
Because it's delicious. Ponies eat dandelion sandwiches, you think they wouldn't eat a cotton blanket? If your comforter was made from poptarts, you'd probably eat it too.
Yeah, but I wouldn't eat someone else's poptart blanket while they're sleeping under it.

Luna's going to wake up and think she has an eating/sleeping disorder because she ate half her blanket in her sleep. Then she's going to go for breakfast and she's going to want to eat an actual poptart, but she'll think "No I shouldn't" because she thinks she just ate half a blanket. Then she's going to think "But I'm sooo hungry... I'm a pig" and be hungry and miserable and feel weak all night at her crummy graveyard shift job and think she's gaining weight and have self-esteem problems when she's actually just malnourished.

Meanwhile Celestia can go to a happy party with all the awake ponies and turn down Pinkie-Pie's free cupcakes, or maybe just have one or two to be polite, and all the nobles will admire her dignified self-control.

And then Luna will turn evil again and the stars (Twilight Sparkle) will help her to rule the universe forever.

Koomaster

ruby_onix said:
Yeah, but I wouldn't eat someone else's poptart blanket while they're sleeping under it.

Luna's going to wake up and think she has an eating/sleeping disorder because she ate half her blanket in her sleep. Then she's going to go for breakfast and she's going to want to eat an actual poptart, but she'll think "No I shouldn't" because she thinks she just ate half a blanket. Then she's going to think "But I'm sooo hungry... I'm a pig" and be hungry and miserable and feel weak all night at her crummy graveyard shift job and think she's gaining weight and have self-esteem problems when she's actually just malnourished.

Meanwhile Celestia can go to a happy party with all the awake ponies and turn down Pinkie-Pie's free cupcakes, or maybe just have one or two to be polite, and all the nobles will admire her dignified self-control.

And then Luna will turn evil again and the stars (Twilight Sparkle) will help her to rule the universe forever.
She is kinda chubby tho; not that I blame her. One thousand years of eating nothing but moon cheese will really do that to a pony.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay watched the first episode.
I don't need shit to be all "dark, macho and mature" but I just don't really see the appeal for an adult.
Whatever. Different strokes.

EDIT: Can't type for shit tonight

LowParry

Staccat0 said:
O don't need shit to be all dark, macho and mature" but I just don't really se the appeal for an adu lt.

Watch a few more, then stroke it up.

daffy

Banned
Staccat0 said:
O don't need shit to be all dark, macho and mature" but I just don't really se the appeal for an adu lt.
One episode? C'mon.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
FTH said:
One episode? C'mon.
I sat through that first shitty season of Buffy because I could see the spark of something I would like.
I didn't get that spark here.
If the pilot was better, I'd have watched more.
This isn't for me, but I'm not trying to take it away from someone else. It just strikes me as a little odd.

Darte

Staccat0 said:
I sat through that first shitty season of Buffy because I could see the spark of something I would like.
I didn't get that spark here.
If the pilot was better, I'd have watched more.
This isn't for me, but I'm not trying to take it away from someone else. It just strikes me as a little odd.

Pilot [eps 1 & 2] eps are of a different tone than the rest of the series and is mostly a way to introduce the cast and whatnot. Try Ep 16 Sonic Rainboom or some other episode other than 1 & 2 to get a basic feel of things.

Myke Greywolf said:
Sure she does. Her love reaches all the way to the moon:

(click for full version)

I love canon-twisting fan art!
"I can't imagine a punishment worse than spending a whole year on the Moon"

owned lol

Jintor said:
I'm pretty sure Nightmare Moon was, like, an entirely different personality. At least that's the impression I got.
Everyone likes to forget that Luna would have impaled Twilight on her horn and then turned Equestria into night forever, consequently making all the Ponies starve to death as their food would not be able to grow. Lucky Twilight's such a badass, but nooo she gets barely any credit and everyone's already forgotten that she saved the world in the next episode.

Yes I mad.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:
Everyone likes to forget that Luna would have impaled Twilight on her horn and then turned Equestria into night forever, consequently making all the Ponies starve to death as their food would not be able to grow. Lucky Twilight's such a badass, but nooo she gets barely any credit and everyone's already forgotten that she saved the world in the next episode.

Yes I mad.
Only the mane six know the whole truth of what happened that night, anyway. The other characters probably presumed that Nightmare Moon just had a change of heart and reverted back to Luna as soon as she faced her sister.

Twilight is not the type to appreciate being a celebrity, in any case. She and her friends probably have an off-screen pact to keep hush-hush about the way Nightmare Moon was defeated, if not for any other reason then to keep Fluttershy's sanity safe from all the unwanted attention.

Myke Greywolf said:
Only the mane six know the whole truth of what happened that night, anyway. The other characters probably presumed that Nightmare Moon just had a change of heart and reverted back to Luna as soon as she faced her sister.

Twilight is not the type to appreciate being a celebrity, in any case. She and her friends probably have an off-screen pact to keep hush-hush about the way Nightmare Moon was defeated, if not for any other reason but to keep Fluttershy's sanity safe from all the unwanted attention.
I see what you did there :p

My point was, that Luna attempted mass genocide and that should not be forgotten just because she says "my bad" and flutters her eyelashes.

I'm half-joking half-serious here but what kind of message does that send to the kids that are watching? It's too unlike real life and would never happen in any situation, ever, and is potentially damaging to anyone that takes the message to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom