• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Myke Greywolf said:
If it depended on Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy would have gotten her cutie mark... on her gravestone.

"I will race to defend your honor!"

5 seconds later:

"RACING NOW, CAN'T SAVE YOUR LIFE!"

It's ok, there was butterflies in the sky, though Fluttershy could go twice as high.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DrForester said:
Predictions:

Rainbow Dash: Hope it's the one where she helps Fluttershy

Fluttershy: Runs away into a forest, discovers animals, comes out with cutie mark

Pinky: We'll see nerd pinky. Always serious. Then discovers sugar and love for parties.

I was really close with Fluttershy and Pinky....

Foxix Von

Still waiting for decent quality upload. I eagerly await my inevitable HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGing.

Also... I wonder how long it'll take for the site to come back up?

careksims

Myke Greywolf said:
The writer for this episode was M.A.Larson, who also wrote "Swarm of the Century" and "Sonic Rainboom". Superior writer confirmed!

Oh hell yeah! No wonder why it's sooo damn good! This is definitely one of my most favorite episodes. I almost had to stop watching because it was getting way too cute. All the back stories were awesome. Can't wait for the HD for screen-capping and GIFs! GIF Heaven.

Also: Rainbow Dash is still the BEST.

Whogie

Terrific episode. Very funny too, like Rarity's expression when getting dragged by her horn or the way Spike looked when he was big. That rock farm thing cracked me up.

Nishastra said:
Handy tip! You can add an l, m, or s to the end of the filename (before the extension) of imgur files to post smaller versions of big images.
That's actually really helpful. Thanks!

G-Fex

This only means that Rainbow Dash's recent Sonic Rainboom has changed a bunch of new little fillies lives forever.

Except Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle

This was probably my favorite CMC episode simply because of the fact that it was mostly about the original gang. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were cute, but Scootaloo was a huge derp as usual (RBD wannabe).

CMC should leave Ponyville on a grand adventure to seek out their cutie marks.

and never come back

G-Fex

Hexadecimalt said:
This was probably my favorite CMC episode simply because of the fact that it was mostly about the original gang. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were cute, but Scootaloo was a huge derp as usual (RBD wannabe).

CMC should leave Ponyville on a grand adventure to seek out their cutie marks.

and never come back

I wonder if they'll drag out the cutie mark crusaders for the rest of the series..

I thought I would leave this here:

xaX9c.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Augh Cutie Mark Crusaders augh.

Applejack's story was cute, but hardly exciting.

OMG filly Fluttershy is ADORABLE. Also a great singer.

Rarity being Rarity.

lol Twilight is such a nerd.

awwwww Pinky Pie ;____; (what the fuck is a Rock Farm needed for anyway?)

Rainbow Dash is still overrated.

smurfx

get some go again
hey what happened to that avatar of the two ponies with derp faces choking each other? that was one of my favs and i haven't seen it in a while. somebody else should use it if that user retired it.

Regulus Tera said:
Augh Cutie Mark Crusaders augh.

awwwww Pinky Pie ;____; (what the fuck is a Rock Farm needed for anyway?)

her story was easily my favorite. i wonder what a rock farm was for, but i thought it didn't matter much, since it was pinkie pie. my favorite change in her was not her partying ways but also how she got her crazy hair, i thought that was the best.

Saw the episode. Yep another winner. Was looking forward to it, and it didn't disappoint. My sister squee'd at the X-Men reference and everypony's background story was just adorable.

That Pinkie Gif is going to be amazingly useful when E3 rolls around. Definitely saved.

G-Pink

I was wondering if anyone noticed a discrepancy between the iTunes version of Winter Wrap Up, and the TV version?

It seems like the levels on the vocals got turned up for the iTunes version, with the background singing and the music turned down. Seems more in sync in the TV version.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh god. The ending of this episode was like pure sugar being injected into my eyeballs.

That can't be healthy, can it?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god this episode was awesome :) Rarity's stone! Twilight's magic! "And that's how Equestria was made"!

Top-tier. Maybe the best one yet.

Also, it's great how the series is playing with the flashbacks to finally reveal the first Sonic Rainboom, after we got teased episodes ago.

Zomba13

DennisK4 said:
That needs to be the official Pony Day .gif.

So this latest episode confirms:
Twilight = Phoenix
Celestia = Xavier
Scootaloo = So. Goddamn. Annoying.
Derpy = Doctor Whoof's companion
?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Zomba13 said:
Twilight is Celestia's favourite because she can make dragons huuuuuuuge. Celestia wants a massive giant dragon army.

More like Celestia is afraid of Twilight Sparkle's powers when uncontrolled. That's why she chose her as her closest one -to brainwash her so that she never uses them against the current regime.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
ya don't say

It's not like they would animate three different episodes depending on the results.
No, but they could have done it just for RD's segment, if the others didn't depend on the outcome of that one.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
No, but they could have done it just for RD's segment, if the others didn't depend on the outcome of that one.
This is not South Park. They cannot animate and voice the three minutes or so of Rainbow Dash getting her cutie mark in less than twenty four hours.

Regulus Tera said:
More like Celestia is afraid of Twilight Sparkle's powers when uncontrolled. That's why she chose her as her closest one -to brainwash her so that she never uses them against the current regime.
Seriously, why do I keep seeing these "Evil Celestia" post all the time?

Why is the fandom trying to show-horn her into some evil tyrant role?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
googleplex said:
Seriously, why do I keep seeing these "Evil Celestia" post all the time?

Why is the fandom trying to show-horn her into some evil tyrant role?

Because Princess Apple Bloom would promise us all pet bunnies.

OMG Aero

ThreeSix said:
Also had to redo my avatar because Rarity's face during this scene was priceless. TF2 Rarity is available again for anyone who wants it.
It's a shame about animated avatars because that scene would have made a really good one.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
This is not South Park. They cannot animate and voice the three minutes or so of Rainbow Dash getting her cutie mark in less than twenty four hours.
I'm not saying they would have done it after the poll results. They could animate all three outcomes beforehand, air the winning one, and include the other ones as DVD extras or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom