• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
G-Fex said:
if it's anime related i'm gonna done kick you in the face Myke.
7Atr1.gif

Soloist

Neo Member
Ramma2 said:
K so I spent probably 3 hours making these from Suited for Success. Backgrounds clipped out by hand. So many points!
Twilight_Small_Full.png

I hope you, um, like them.

Do you mind if I use this one? Twilight <3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nishastra said:
I'd assume it's the pilot rather than the EVA :p

Twilight's dad has a very similar cutie mark to Trixie.

Oh god Evangelion Ponies. Have already sunken so low?
Yes I have very low opinions regarding EVA :p

But wasn't it said that similar cutie marks can exist?

karby

2TbO4.png

So,
in order to defend her waifu friend's honor, Rainbow Dash enters a flying race and is subsequently responsible for all of her buddies getting their cutie marks
...which settles it: Pegasus race is master race.

Dai101

Banned
mlpepisodes (Youtube account) has already today's episode. Not HD but for those who hasn't watch it yet there's a source.

Nishastra

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
But wasn't it said that similar cutie marks can exist?
*shrug*

I'm sure they can, since there's only so many things in the universe for cutie marks to be and there's obviously infinite ponies.

Whether or not it's a coincidence is unknown, though. Maybe Twilight and Trixie are long-lost sisters. Maybe some animator just thought it'd be neat to give Twilight's (blue-colored) dad a white crescent moon-with-something-in-it cutie mark :p

jogarrr

Nishastra said:
*shrug*

I'm sure they can, since there's only so many things in the universe for cutie marks to be and there's obviously infinite ponies.

Whether or not it's a coincidence is unknown, though. Maybe Twilight and Trixie are long-lost sisters. Maybe some animator just thought it'd be neat to give Twilight's (blue-colored) dad a white crescent moon-with-something-in-it cutie mark :p

I don't really see the similarities, both having moons doesn't mean their related.. unless Luna...

Edit: Trixie's is more of a swath of magic coming from a wand rather than a moon anyways:
h9iv0.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
karby said:
So,
in order to defend her waifu friend's honor, Rainbow Dash enters a flying race and is subsequently responsible for all of her buddies getting their cutie marks
...which settles it: Pegasus race is master race.

But mages (unicorns) > speedsters. Somehow warriors (earthponies) > mages though. But speedsters > warriors.

With that said, it seems no one tried to crossbreed.
Maybe because they want to only have a single unipegasupony like Celestia

Nishastra

Banned
jogarrr said:
I don't really see the similarities, both having moons doesn't mean their related.. unless Luna...

Edit: Trixie's is more of a swath of magic coming from a wand rather than a moon anyways:
h9iv0.png
Yeah. Twilight's dad's mark seems to be a moon with another moon in it for who knows what reason.

They're not even close to identical, but they're similar shapes on similarly-colored ponies.

I don't think it means anything, personally :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CMC trolling dash...

new list:

1. rainbow dash
2. scootaloo
3. fluttershy
4. twilight sparkle
5. rarity
6. pinkie pie
7. trixie
8. applejack
9. gilda
10. CMC SWINE.

jogarrr

You seemed to have accidentally put Scootaloo near the top of your list.

29tUb.png

I had no dislike of the CMC but this episode taught me that Scoot is kinda annoying. I still want to know what her relation to RD is though, just an admirer?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Was a great episode. Was worried we wouldn't see RD's story at the end, given all the commercials during the showing saying you'd see it tomorrow.

Episode showed Rainbow Dash is best pony, and Pegasus ponies are best ponies.

This pleases me.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
Was a great episode. Was worried we wouldn't see RD's story at the end, given all the commercials during the showing saying you'd see it tomorrow.

This pleases me.

Wait I'm sorry, You're mistaken, Pinkie Pie is a earth pony, not a Pegasus pony silly.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Just saw the episode, and loved it for all the backstory goodness, although it seemed to me to be a little underwhelming on the technical side. I'm guessing this was animated by the overseas team. I might be wrong, though, and just being spoiled by HD videos.

Nevertheless, there was lots of personality to the filly designs. Fluttershy was so skinny compared to the others!

The writer for this episode was M.A.Larson, who also wrote "Swarm of the Century" and "Sonic Rainboom". Superior writer confirmed!

Looking here, it does seem like Twilight's mother's design is based on Lauren's fanart for G1 Twilight, although the original has a pink coat and more stars on her cutie mark - granted, we never saw a G4 pony with more than 3 items on their cutie mark, as far as I remember.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:

This pleases me.
If it depended on Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy would have gotten her cutie mark... on her gravestone.

"I will race to defend your honor!"

5 seconds later:

"RACING NOW, CAN'T SAVE YOUR LIFE!"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:
would you say she's kawaii?

uguu~

See now someone's goign to post the video, and then you should be shot.

Myke Greywolf said:
If it depended on Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy would have gotten her cutie mark... on her gravestone.

"I will race to defend your honor!"

5 seconds later:

"RACING NOW, CAN'T SAVE YOUR LIFE!"

We know RD will drop competition to save a friend. Obviously she didn't hear Fluttershy and was unaware of her peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom