• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

At first I thought that Pinkie Pies farm is supposed to be
kinda amish

Also, Twilight Sparkle is indeed Dark Phoenix-ish.

googleplex said:
Seriously, why do I keep seeing these "Evil Celestia" post all the time?
Why is the fandom trying to show-horn her into some evil tyrant role?

"Maybe she'll banish you or throw you into a dungeon... or throw you into a dungeon built in the place where she bashied you to!!"

And that's coming from her most loyal and faithful student.

Plus we like having fun with twisting stuff around and Celestia as evil and twisted is just hilarious. Of course because she's totally not :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
googleplex said:

if she wasnt an evil tyrant, it wouldnt be so easy to shoe-horn her into the roll.

think about it.

Nekomancer

Neo Member
nzAJG.gif

I can see pinkie coming up with different stories of how she got her cutie mark like the joker...

oh god what am i doing...

Jintor

Uchip said:
sure there is

I mean in terms of people's perceptions of you. I wouldn't classify myself as obsessed with the show (even with the pony avatar), but nobody outside of this thread would even care to differentiate.

karby

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm not saying they would have done it after the poll results. They could animate all three outcomes beforehand, air the winning one, and include the other ones as DVD extras or something.

Yeah, I think this is more plausible than the poll being bogus. They probably just had all three available before hand, where all three scenarios would (somehow) fit perfectly within the story line, and chose the one that won.

OMG Aero

karby said:
Yeah, I think this is more plausible than the poll being bogus. They probably just had all three available before hand, where all three scenarios would (somehow) fit perfectly within the story line, and chose the one that won.
I don't have a screenshot to hand, but I'm pretty sure Lauren Faust said on DeviantArt that she didn't know a thing about the poll.

Jintor

This episode was hilarious. And once again reinforced Rarity VA is best VA. I lost it when her horn dragged her sideways across miles of terrain.

/edit picture unrelated

zok4i.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
Fillies and gentlecolts, I give you... the avatars of youth!

J8AYO.png
dRERC.png
ktkul.png
vkYh8.png
jjmMN.png
WBNR3.png

YGs6t.png
t3Yrk.png
ZuHoM.png
ULyCI.png
SuEJ9.png
Zos2h.png

NvUvL.png

Rarity didn't have a lot to work with because she was always behind something, too close to the camera, or glowing too much. Rainbow Dash was always, always waaaaaay wider than tall, so to get any kind of decent avatar I had to rotate her :p

There's a few good frames I haven't made into avatars yet because I wanted to get at least one of everyone first.

Nishastra said:
filly avatars

I'll take Twilight!

Scout RD is up for grabs again.

googleplex said:

I don't know why, but I just find lolmagichitler amusing.

It doesn't help that the first act we hear of her doing is banishing her sister to the moon for a thousand years when it's been demonstrated- and in fact counted on by Celestia- that her reform is possible.

Steamlord

I definitely got a Joker vibe from Pinkie's story, especially after "And that's how Equestria was made! Maybe on the way home I can tell you how I got my cutie mark!"

The truth is so dark and terrible it'll break your mind.

Nishastra

Banned
No kidding. Her whole "transformation" was more like going insane than anything, and then she starts going on about wanting to make everyone smile :p

jogarrr

googleplex said:

This is not the face of a kind and benevolent ruler/sister. Poor Luna :(

8bNMjl.png

Darte

It took the willpower of Buddha to not enter any MLP threads until an HD stream came up, but it was worth it!

Top Tier Episode!

I was honestly surprised at Pinkie Pie's background considering her demeanor.

Also yoinking
Zos2h.pngp
!

Nishastra

Banned
Unfortunately I did almost all of the work making the face match on the small version, or else I could post a 635x594 version of it :p

Nishastra

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Noooo way. Making it small was the first thing I did after pasting the face in, since I knew I'd have to redraw like 75% of it, and I'm a lot better at pixel work than trying to actually draw with my mouse :p

It'd probably take me the rest of the day to do the work on the big version :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nishastra said:
Noooo way. Making it small was the first thing I did after pasting the face in, since I knew I'd have to redraw like 75% of it, and I'm a lot better at pixel work than trying to actually draw with my mouse :p

It'd probably take me the rest of the day to do the work on the big version :p
lNApL.png

duckroll

I don't think the face is very good. I don't want to be a bad pony and be all critical and all because when friends offer to help out, you should learn to accept their help without being too demanding, but I don't think the facial features alone represent Ohana's character enough. The hair needs to be modified too. :(

...maybe? Please? Well whatever you want to do is fine... ._.

duckroll said:
I don't think the face is very good. I don't want to be a bad pony and be all critical and all because when friends offer to help out, you should learn to accept their help without being too demanding, but I don't think the facial features alone represent Ohana's character enough. The hair needs to be modified too. :(

Fluttershy'D

Nishastra

Banned
duckroll said:

I was going to do the hair, but it was supposed to be a combination of Amish Pinkie and Ohana, and the only thing that makes Amish Pinkie different from Pinkie is the hair :p

Using Ohana's hair would actually make it waaaay easier to do.

duckroll

Nishastra said:
I was going to do the hair, but it was supposed to be a combination of Amish Pinkie and Ohana, and the only thing that makes Amish Pinkie different from Pinkie is the hair :p

Using Ohana's hair would actually make it waaaay easier to do.

Well I think keeping the tail straight could be a good direct reference to Amish Pinkie, while morphing the hair into Ohana but making it pink would work well to fuse both style! Or... it might look terrible. I really don't know... *sniff*

Nishastra

Banned
The problem with the tail is that at avatar size you either cut it off almost entirely, cut off half of her head, or make the whole thing tiny :p

Anyway, gimme a while and I'll make a version with the other hair. Right now I'm actually doing the goddamned full-sized version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom