• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mabef said:
Why are their horns the same color as their skin? Are their horns underneath their flesh?

That's totally fucking gross.

Yeah, and the Powerpuff Girls don't have fingers! What's up with that?

Time for episode report!

Episode 1.18 - Show Stoppers

Aired in: 2011-03-04
Focus characters: Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom
Also starring (most proeminent first): Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Cheerilee
Cameos: Spike, Rarity, Snips, Snails, Rainbow Dash

Synopsis:
Applejack offers the Cutie Mark Crusaders a place to use as a base on their quest to find their cutie marks; After a series of fruitless efforts, they conclude that their best chance at finding their aim in life resides in an incoming talent contest at their school. But will the 3 fillies be able to take advantage of this opportunity?

Highlights:
- Scootaloo's awesome scooter riding skills. It's particularly interesting (and cute) that she uses her wings as propulsion.
- The montage for the CMC's activity checklist is almost unbearably cute, and the music is catchy to boot.
- The three kids' appalling decisions made me go "D'oh!" more than once. But hey, they're kids!
- Does
Pinchy Pie
have anything to do with
Pinkie
?
- The CMC's number was
so bad it was good
. I had the same expression as the ponies in the audience, all the way through.
- Only a cameo for Rainbow Dash, and no Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy at all? Argh!

My opinion:
A below average episode, but still quite enjoyable, if you understand that the CMC's number is
destined to end in ridicule
. If you enjoy watching
showbiz trainwrecks
, then you'll get a kick out of it. However, the kids failing to see what was obvious to everyone else - Applejack, Twilight and TV audience together - was very frustrating and aggravated by
them not understanding what they were supposed to do, even after Twilight almost spelled it out for them.

But hey, there's more CMC episodes to do.

My moral for the episode
The less obvious one: you won't be able to find out what your calling really is if all you can do is go for what seems "cool" at the time.

My rating: 8/20

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Two Cutie Mark Crusader episodes in a row is a bit overkill.

I cannot help but feel that Cutie Mark is a euphemism for boobs.

Apple Bloom is such an arsehole too. As soon as she got new friends she completely forgot about Twist.

Great, now I'm caught up. :( What will I watch now?

Dai101

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Two Cutie Mark Crusader episodes in a row is a bit overkill.

I cannot help but feel that Cutie Mark is a euphemism for boobs.

Apple Bloom is such an arsehole too. As soon as she got new friends she completely forgot about Twist.

Great, now I'm caught up. :( What will I watch now?

To be fair Twist leaver her first since she got boob.........s........ er.......... her cutie mark

DemiMatt

Good lord I had no idea this existed let alone this thread. But I must say this looks promising. From what I've seen this all looks super colorful and awesome!

Any spare avatars please? All the one's Ive seen on this thread are taken, itd be nice to replace my Juri.

Foxix Von

DemiMatt said:
Good lord I had no idea this existed let alone this thread. But I must say this looks promising. From what I've seen this all looks super colorful and awesome!

Any spare avatars please? All the one's Ive seen on this thread are taken, itd be nice to replace my Juri.

Dude... Dude... Today is your lucky day. I was gonna put this off for a couple more pages and make a couple more but since you asked so nicely...

Foxix's avatar wholesale blowout is today!

You want them? Well guess who's got them?! Everything must gooooooooo!!!!!

Take your pick!

Link to previous Pony Avatar-splosions:

Wave One!

wave two!

2Vh7j.gif
unGTe.jpg
DrMU9.png
djlts.png

dLl2N.gif
l4Zfy.jpg
dmou6.gif
Qqtbx.jpg

Gyipa.jpg
lX5vF.gif
yuwzw.gif
Zb4u1.gif

NsfwQ.gif
vrFB8.gif
P6dc8.jpg
QTm3X.gif

tH9X0.png
wqYN9.gif
Ug6HT.gif
PjX2B.gif

jrgQh.gif
LKiRo.jpg
Y0R2D.gif
Miz5x.jpg

xUCuT.png
QqbWs.png
NiLuT.gif
ZACws.gif

XPkFe.gif
ZaNLR.jpg
TVARS.gif
OrJ6t.gif

Hw8ZR.gif
A3fcv.jpg
UHraa.gif
wseHH.png

kHrQI.gif
BGhit.png
SpemL.gif
6p6d4.png

Wheeeewwww.... Sooo... yeah. If you need any of the speeds altered I can totally do that.

Enjoy!

Dai101

Banned
Foxix said:
Dude... Dude... Today is your lucky day. I was gonna put this off for a couple more pages and make a couple more but since you asked so nicely...

You want them? Well guess who's got them?! Everything must gooooooooo!!!!!

Take your pick!

Link to previous Pony Avatar-splosions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26212476&postcount=385

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26223135&postcount=432
Wheeeewwww.... Sooo... yeah. If you need any of the speeds altered I can totally do that.

Enjoy!

QTm3X.gif

DIBS!!!

Koomaster

Wow Foxix those are awesome. I feel dumb for even trying to create my own now.
I'm fickle anyway, will probably change to one of yours by next week. ^____^;;

So I just got through work no problem and when I clocked out I was like...

53mv2.jpg

Downloaded the 1080p episode.

And well, it was okay. I liked Stare Master a lot better. I thought the first half of the episode was great, but that second half was really blah and.. really not great. I couldn't help but think how Eurobeat Brony might make something out of the song. As well as the 4/Ponychanners might make some funny images from stills in this episodes. Those always crack me up.

Oh and for those who missed it
Derpy!

Oh and I guess some fans are upset as "Word of God" has said that Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash AREN'T related like everybody thought.

Koomaster

Yeah I never got why people thought they were related; they look/sound nothing alike. Sweetie Belle looks like a younger version of Rarity, and Apple Bloom's coloring is in the same ballpark as Applejack and has the same accent. Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash sound nothing alike and are opposing colors Orange/Blue. I would sooner believe she's secretly Fluttershy's sister. :p

Foxix Von

The_Author's_Apprentice said:
No one's claimed this one yet?! Done!

http://i.imgur.com/Ug6HT.gif

Thanks for this, Foxix. This is epic.

No problem!

My computer is really old and I didn't realize how fast some of them were while I was editing them due to it chugging. If anyone wants the speed of their current one or one of the previously posted ones edited let me know and I'll take care of it. :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Foxix said:
No problem!

My computer is really old and I didn't realize how fast some of them were while I was editing them due to it chugging. If anyone wants the speed of their current one or one of the previously posted ones edited let me know and I'll take care of it. :D

If you could make mine a little faster it would be great.

Foxix Von

Regulus Tera said:
If you could make mine a little faster it would be great.

;_; I've got a really old computer... And it's quirky haha (old is an understatement, it's from '99, it freezes at random and half the programs wont run). Sorry I tried reducing the timing between each frame from .03 in varying increments down to 0 but for some reason it just made it slower. I'll try fiddling with it some more but in this case you might want to try the avatar request thread ^^;

dr6U7.gif

No clue what I'm doing wrong haha

I think it might have something to do with how ridiculously fast it was in the first place, but I can still give anyone else's a shot lol

Foxix Von

After fiddling with that gif some more (and failing to get anywhere with the damned thing) I finally got around to checking out the latest episode! Maybe because so many people were meh on it and it set my expectations low but I thought it was pretty great. I actually really, really liked it despite generally disliking the CMC's. Scootleloo makes sense now haha.

That song at the ends is going to make an awesome Super Ponybeat remix, I may or may not already have the Evil Enchantress song as my ring tone.

I can't believe I missed derpy

I loved their solution to clapping.

I'm curious how they shuffled that deck of cards.

And was that a Bohemian Rhapsody reference at the beginning of the CMC's performance?

Dresden

I just popped in to see if there was some more amusing trolling going on.

You guys are disappointingly resistant to it, though. Be butthurt more!

LowParry

Dresden said:

Don't underestimate the power of the Friendship -breeeeeath-

Tizoc

I'm in the process of watching all of this show's eps. and this is one of THE BEST cartoons this past season X3
Pinkie Pie's my fav. character, and suddenly I feel the urge to to buy a PP toy @3@

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The episode is okay, though I really wish no more Crusaders till after a few more episodes.

Foxix Von

Tizoc said:
I'm in the process of watching all of this show's eps. and this is one of THE BEST cartoons this past season X3
Pinkie Pie's my fav. character, and suddenly I feel the urge to to buy a PP toy @3@

Yeah it's a distinct possibility that Pinkie Pie might surpass Rainbow Dash as my favorite pony by the end of the season.

Also I thought this Pinkie Pie tribute was awesome.

And yeah I hope they give the CMC's a rest for a good long while after this.

justin.au

Dresden said:

I figured that these guys are the trolls and that the cartoon is actually an elaborate ruse.

edit: Oh my God I posted in the My Little Pony thread...

whathaveidone.gif

Ferga

wow this thread actually went somewhere?

and there's even members with My Little Pony avatars?! Hope this doesn't become the new creepy thread lol

Firehead

Foxix said:

Enjoy!

I'll be adding this:
djlts.png

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
*grab*

wqYN9.gif

Thankyouthankyou! Wanted this as an avatar since I splattered my desk with Coke, watching the original scene :)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The pony is good. The pony is great.
I surrender my will, as of this date.

Hey guys who am I doing an impression of

"umm twilight?"

lol

Foxix said:
Sorry I tried reducing the timing between each frame from .03 in varying increments down to 0 but for some reason it just made it slower.
Glad you sorted it, for future reference 0 fps will always bring the fps to 0.1. The fastest you can go is 0.01.

Koomaster

Foxix said:
Yeah it's a distinct possibility that Pinkie Pie might surpass Rainbow Dash as my favorite pony by the end of the season.

Also I thought this Pinkie Pie tribute was awesome.

And yeah I hope they give the CMC's a rest for a good long while after this.
Didn't someone post in this thread (hard to keep up) that Faust said there was a possibility of a spin off series with the CMCs?

I would TOTALLY be down for that. My (hate is a strong word, neutrality?) against the CMCs is that they are taking screen time away from the Main 6. I think they are pretty cool and I would watch them in their own series if it had the same creative vision and team working on it.

Basically I'm saying we need 2 My Little Pony shows as the cast is too adorable for only 1! ^____^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom