• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
dream said:
To turn you weirdos on?

not weirdo dude

she was trollin this zerba that lived in the wood while Fluttershy had a Barry White voice

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
dream said:
To turn you weirdos on?

birthday3.jpg

just sayin'

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The_Author's_Apprentice said:
My sincerest thanks to you three for linking to my article (and for your encouraging comments), hits went through the roof yesterday! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who loves the show for its niceness, and I'm glad that I could do my part in helping the world at large understand how guys like us can be bronies and men at the same time.

*Brohoof*

So, it was your article? Great job, man.

And now it's friday, and you what that means... it's PONYDAY!

Today's episode is 1.18, "Show Stoppers".

Synopsis, from Wikipedia:
After entering a talent competition, the Cutie Mark Crusaders believe the event will help them discover what they are meant to do for the rest of their lives, and they hope that winning the contest will help them to finally earn their cutie marks.

I'll have the episode review post as soon as I can get my hands on it. Yeah, I'm that hyped. :)

Some new stuff for pony-GAF to sink their claws into:

Many people probably missed it, but here is the Word of God (or the next best thing, since it's from one of the animators, and not the creator) regarding Pinkie Pie's freaky 4th wall awareness observed in some episodes. Yeah, it's not gonna happen.

Customized "Suited for Success" Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy toys

Fanart:
Rainbow Dash, now 20% cooler

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I didn't say that. :x

I should know, I'm into bara anthro like Doggie Kruger >_>

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Weeelllll... I do think this is all beside the point, don't you? What about using our best troll-ignoring skills from now on?

Here, have some nice fan-art:

Young Trixie
Tough guy Angel
Fluttershy and Winona

And most interestingly:

The picture that piqued my curiosity about MLP:FiM

Also, I don't know if this is common knowledge, but people here should know that, apart from the 26 episodes of the first season, a second season is already confirmed. This is why I've been labeling the episodes 1.x.

gs1jP.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My one complaint about this show is the severe under-utilisation of Rarity. Apart from the Art of the Dress episode she hardly matters in any of the plots, and she's the one who is most consistently absent from the cast, barring Apple Bloom.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
My one complaint about this show is the severe under-utilisation of Rarity. Apart from the Art of the Dress episode she hardly matters in any of the plots, and she's the one who is most consistently absent from the cast, barring Apple Bloom.

I guess you're right. For the first few episodes, Rarity was always last place in my ranking of the 6 main characters, so I didn't mind too much. However, after "Suited for Success" my respect for her raised a LOT, and she raised a spot in my list (sorry, Dash). Now, I'd like to see more of her. We got a glimpse in the last episode, but that wasn't nearly enough. More Rarity, please! (Especially if it's hilarious drama-queen Rarity)

Myke Greywolf said:
I guess you're right. For the first few episodes, Rarity was always last place in my ranking of the 6 main characters, so I didn't mind too much. However, after "Suited for Success" my respect for her raised a LOT, and she raised a spot in my list (sorry, Dash). Now, I'd like to see more of her. We got a glimpse in the last episode, but that wasn't nearly enough. More Rarity, please! (Especially if it's hilarious drama-queen Rarity)

If we see more of Rarity, then she'll be Commonty.

Current episode is pretty good. The name Scootaloo makes sense now in the intro, but she has.... wings.....

EDIT: HAY WE KNOW WHAT WE DO BEST, BUT LETS BE INCOMPETANT AND SWAP ROLES.

Cutie Mark Crusader Kiss prevented this ep from being a complete waste. Still pretty poor for the series, though.

Dash in the audience with Rairty and Applejack at the end. Dash confirmed for Scootaloo's sister?

She's rather extreme, and is very similar to Rainbow Dash, but they're practically screwing around with this one, and won't flat out state it.

Koomaster

Cute Mark Crusaders are NOT winning me over. ~____~

They are cute, but I want my main cast back to the forefront now please thanks!

I also realized through this episode that it would be possible to get a young pony to do pretty much any chore so long as you dangled a possible cutie mark out of it. 'Hey could you do my laundry... you never know, maybe that's where you'll find your cutie mark. Get to it now!'

Apparently we're getting another CMC episode

"Ep. 23 - "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" - The crusaders look for Twilight and the other ponies to learn how they got their cutie marks"

Mite b cool if we get flashbacks of the main cast as kids

Dai101

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Also, I don't know if this is common knowledge, but people here should know that, apart from the 26 episodes of the first season, a second season is already confirmed. This is why I've been labeling the episodes 1.x.

gs1jP.jpg

Louder

So if finished the first five episodes last night and I have a question and a comment.

First, what happened to the Gala? Do we ever get to see it? Also, Applejack's reason to get the ticket was the most selfless out of the entire group's.

Second, that griffon is a bitch. Rainbow Dash should've put her in her place. There I go with that urge for retaliation again, but she deserved it. Scaring Fluttershy like that and threatening Pinkie. Hooves to the face man, hooves to the face!

Confused101 said:
First, what happened to the Gala? Do we ever get to see it? Also, Applejack's reason to get the ticket was the most selfless out of the entire group's.

It's referenced at least once more in the series that I can think of, but we haven't seen the gala yet. Fan speculation is that it'll be the season finale. I suspect at least part of the reasons for people to go will have been undermined by then, though.

Amibguous Cad said:
It's referenced at least once more in the series that I can think of, but we haven't seen the gala yet. Fan speculation is that it'll be the season finale. I suspect at least part of the reasons for people to go will have been undermined by then, though: Dash has already impressed the Wonderbolts, for example.
Spoiler! It's all good though.

I think most of the reasons are still valid, however, I haven't watched all the episodes yet. As it stands for me, Apple Jack's family could still use the money, Rarity still wants to meet Celestia's nephew (unless she's done that already), Shutterfly still hasn't checked out the gardens (has she?) and Pinkie still wants to... uh... do whatever it is she wants to do.

The season finale makes a lot of sense. It just felt like the gala was going to happen right after that episode.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I also thought the gala was supposed to be on that night when they were going to eat (in the gala).

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Amibguous Cad said:
It's referenced at least once more in the series that I can think of, but we haven't seen the gala yet. Fan speculation is that it'll be the season finale. I suspect at least part of the reasons for people to go will have been undermined by then, though: Dash has already impressed the Wonderbolts, for example.

There's also the possibility that the episodes' chronological order is scrambled, since we already had a couple of season changes since 1.3 (evidence in 1.4, 1.11 and 1.13) and the next reference to the gala is in 1.14. Twilight also oscillates wildly in her levels of magic power and in her familiarity with the other ponies throughout the series, and that supports this hypothesis. I'm inclined to think that 1.14 is set immediately after 1.3, and most of the other episodes are set before those two.

geeko

Is there a haters gonna hate picture for this yet, because there is too much trolling and we could use it now.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE SHOW, AND YET WANT TO TROLL IT, JUST STFU AND GTFO.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
dream said:
...yeah, like I said earlier...
... yeah, like we all know, you don't even know what you're talking about.

geeko420 said:
Is there a haters gonna hate picture for this yet, because there is too much trolling and we could use it now.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE SHOW, AND YET WANT TO TROLL IT, JUST STFU AND GTFO.

Plenty of those in this thread, just browse the first few pages. But everybody knows the best way to counteract trolls is to ignore them. Don't let this thread go to the attention horse.

... Nevermind that I've just gone against my own advice, but that one was too good to miss.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ohgodnowimwatchingittoo

Pinkie is awesome :D

Tinabina

TheWiicast said:
A 14 page thread about My Little Pony. Oh, Gaf. Never change.
Seriously, I had to come in and see. I figured it would be about something different, I don't know what but I didn't think it was actually about MLP. I mean I am a girl, I loved MLP when I was little, I have a 5 year old daughter and I didn't even know there was a show. Oh gaf...

Bufbaf said:
ohgodnowimwatchingittoo
Reminds me of a youtube comment I saw on a couple of the episodes.

"This is the gayest thing I have ev- OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!"

tinabina said:
I mean I am a girl, I loved MLP when I was little, I have a 5 year old daughter and I didn't even know there was a show. Oh gaf...
My 4 year old god-daughter loooooves this show. That's how I caught the first glimpse of it.

Foxix Von

Bufbaf said:
ohgodnowimwatchingittoo

Pinkie is awesome :D

This show raises one of the greatest questions man has ever faced.

NQ0q4.gif

Or

zgUPp.gif

?

Also the wait for the new episode to hit youtube is killing me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
tinabina said:
Seriously, I had to come in and see. I figured it would be about something different, I don't know what but I didn't think it was actually about MLP. I mean I am a girl, I loved MLP when I was little, I have a 5 year old daughter and I didn't even know there was a show. Oh gaf...

Give it a go and watch the first episode, why don't you? I can't promise you those 22 minutes of your life back, but at the very least you'll get to know what all the fuss is about. :)

Bring your daughter along, too. My wife and 4 year son became pony-fans, too, after giving it a shot.

Dai101 said:

Kwc08l.jpg

Confused101 said:
Spoiler! It's all good though.

Ah, crap, that was completely unintentional. My bad!

Myke Greywolf said:
There's also the possibility that the episodes' chronological order is scrambled, since we already had a couple of season changes since 1.3 (evidence in 1.4, 1.11 and 1.13) and the next reference to the gala is in 1.14. Twilight also oscillates wildly in her levels of magic power and in her familiarity with the other ponies throughout the series, and that supports this hypothesis. I'm inclined to think that 1.14 is set immediately after 1.3, and most of the other episodes are set before those two.

Yeah, with Winter Wrap Up coming before Fall Weather Friends, it makes the most sense that the episodes are out of order. Some things still don't make too much sense though... if we assume 1.3 and 1.14 occur near the end of the season with the gala as the season finale and end in chronological order, I don't know where to put 1.16 on the timeline, with the aforementioned Dash problems.

Slayven

Watched an ep today and don't get the love. if you guys had the sprout channel you would never leave the house. And also how can they have kids but no male ponies?

Foxix Von

Slayven said:
Watched an ep today and don't get the love. if you guys had the sprout channel you would never leave the house. And also how can they have kids but no male ponies?

There are male ponies. There's just not many/any in the first few episodes.

Mabef

Banned
Why are their horns the same color as their skin? Are their horns underneath their flesh?

That's totally fucking gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom