• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

CHEEZMO™ said:
THIS TRANSGRESSION CANNOT STAND!

Seriously, part of why she's my favourite is her voice. The fuck's wrong with you?

I second this. I really love her voice.

Throw him in a cell in the place where Xeke was banished.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The only knock I have on voices is that they should have just had the Singer's do the speaking voices as some of them sound way to different when singing (looking at you rarity). They're all good otherwise though.

Uchip

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
THIS TRANSGRESSION CANNOT STAND!

Seriously, part of why she's my favourite is her voice. The fuck's wrong with you?

I like the voice actor
but it does sound like they smoke a pack a day

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How About No said:
*Pinkie Pie's premonitions only show up in one episode, and seems like a regular thing. Yet they never occur before or after(?) this episode, and this bugs the hell out of me.
evidently they were only coincidental and that episode merely focused on an unlikely string of correct guesses.

SCIENCE WINS AGAIN.

G-Fex said:
Wat?

I thought all the kids liked those girly vampire movies..

It's a name that should've died in the 80's. The vampires aren't helping matters.

Oh, and to hammer the blaspheme nail into the hoof of our savior deeper, I've only ever seen one episode of Powerpuff Girls.

The pilot.

Please tell me Cartoon Network still runs it sometimes, I hadn't had the channel or over a decade!

Acerac

Banned
Pandaman said:
evidently they were only coincidental and that episode merely focused on an unlikely string of correct guesses.

SCIENCE WINS AGAIN.
This also counters the theme of the show that it really was magic!

FOR SCIENCE!

Steamlord

How About No said:
*Rainbow Dash has the worst voice
DS3Ct.jpg

G-Fex

I'd like to see the women who voice Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy as well as their singing voices. I can't imagine what they look like.

jogarrr

Pinkie Pie singing voice seems to be:

Shannon Chan-Kent (Wikipedia)

GDM8Q.jpg

She's the only Pinkie VA listed on IMDB (for 9 episodes, sounds about right if she only does the singing voice). Wiki says she does Pinkie's singing voice. No clue who does the non-singing voice.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jogarrr said:
So humans eventually evolve into pony forms? Or humans go extinct and ponies eventually claim the Earth as their own?
no, the cosmology obviously suggests a separate system from sol.

2th

Banned
jogarrr said:

GDM8Q.jpg

She's the only Pinkie VA listed on IMDB (for 9 episodes, sounds about right if she only does the singing voice). Wiki says she does Pinkie's singing voice. No clue who does the non-singing voice.

you look at the wiki for the singing voice but you dont look at it for the rest? can i call you a baddie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_is_Magic#Voice_Cast

Voice Talents

* Ashleigh Ball — Applejack, Rainbow Dash
* Andrea Libman — Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy
* Nicole Oliver — Princess Celestia
* Tabitha St. Germain — Rarity
* Tara Strong — Twilight Sparkle
* Cathy Weseluck — Spike
* Emilie-Claire Barlow — Cherilee

Singing Voices

* Shannon Chan-Kent — Pinkie Pie
* Kazumi Evans — Rarity
* Rebecca Shoichet — Twilight Sparkle

Edit: i would give you links to all pages for the actresses but my internet is crap tonight due to storms and im lucky to even post anything cause it takes 5 minutes to submit anything and just as long to load any pages.

jogarrr said:

GDM8Q.jpg

It's Andrea Libman. You don't see her because she also voices Fluttershy. Can't find any good pics of her, she seems to mostly known for her "child" roles she's done when she was younger.

Andrea_Libman.JPG

G-Fex

jogarrr said:

GDM8Q.jpg

bah I wanted cuter girl.

lol I'd like to see her in real life sing the Shaaaaaaare and caaaaaare song. And the cupcake song

jogarrr

2th said:
you look at the wiki for the singing voice but you dont look at it for the rest? can i call you a baddie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_is_Magic#Voice_Cast

Oops, I only checked IMDB's VA list and went from there straight to the Wikipedia article for the VA listed. Didn't think to check the MLP:FIM article on wiki :p

Thanks for the list though.

G-Fex said:
lol I'd like to see her in real life sing the Shaaaaaaare and caaaaaare song. And the cupcake song

Any time I've seen video of VA's doing their thing, it looks so weird. The voice doesn't match the person :p

jogarrr

G-Fex said:
that's cheating. All japanese girls sound like that.

YouTube comments :p

"ok i wached this video like 10 times and i still think it is funny. japanese people are SO cool! i wish i was a japanese girl."

Neki

lol, after reading that last thread where ponies were brought up randomly, it seems like there is a lot of people who just browse our thread to scrutinize it and save incriminating evidence, should we be flattered or creeped out? D:

G-Fex

jogarrr said:
YouTube comments :p

"ok i wached this video like 10 times and i still think it is funny. japanese people are SO cool! i wish i was a japanese girl."

Oh youtube you are so random

G-Fex

I was so dissapointed when I found out that Rogue from x-men was some old woman.

Same with Harley and Ivy from Batman: TAS

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
lol, after reading that last thread where ponies were brought up randomly, it seems like there is a lot of people who just browse our thread to scrutinize it and save incriminating evidence, should we be flattered or creeped out? D:
if they can browse our thread without becoming bronies, we arent doing our job.

2th

Banned
G-Fex said:
I was so dissapointed when I found out that Rogue from x-men was some old woman.

Same with Harley and Ivy from Batman: TAS

Dont you even dare to start hating on Arleen Sorkin. That women is a fucking goddess for voicing Harley Quinn. I mean she is just the right mixture of bubbly and insane and playful and the way she says "Mr. J" or "Puddin" you know that character really has a strange love for the Joker (pun intended)

G-Fex

2th said:
Dont you even dare to start hating on Arleen Sorkin. That women is a fucking goddess for voicing Harley Quinn. I mean she is just the right mixture of bubbly and insane and playful and the way she says "Mr. J" or "Puddin" you know that character really has a strange love for the Joker (pun intended)

True. She spoiled me though into thinking she was a stupid blonde girl.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2th said:

Harley Quinn always reminded me of Columbia from Rocky Horror, which I would have a tough time believing wasn't intentional.

2th

Banned
G-Fex said:
True. She spoiled me though into thinking she was a stupid blonde girl.

i remember reading somewhere that bruce timm and paul dini based the designs for harley quinn specifically with Arleen Sorkin in mind as the voice. one of them was a fan of her work on Days of Our Lives i believe. it doesnt really matter though. Her scenes as harley with mark hamill as the joker were some of the best voice acting ever seen on tv. i will be sad when mark hamill stops being the joker too.

edit: this thread has made me want a pony avatar now. the bad thing though is i love my current one as it accurately describes my feelings for like 99.9% of the world and internet. Not very brony like am i? They need a cool misanthropic pony.

Acerac

Banned
I don't suppose anyone would be able to help make my avatar background transparent, or alternatively tell me the (likely very simple) method to do so? 50% of the time my avatar doesn't cause a problem, but that other 50% really bugs me.

*Edit*

*Sees I have an odd post number, swears under breath*

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Acerac said:
I don't suppose anyone would be able to help make my avatar background transparent, or alternatively tell me the (likely very simple) method to do so? 50% of the time my avatar doesn't cause a problem, but that other 50% really bugs me.

*Edit*

*Sees I have an odd post number, swears under breath*

I have no clue how to do it, but maybe someone could edit the background to alternate the two gaf post colors, so you always get the effect no matter where you post, just one color will appear transparent each time.

G-Fex

googleplex said:
She has a adorable accent, and she can build shit. Also as a rule, Earth ponies are the best ponies.

Apple Bloom > Sweetie Bell >>>>>Rainbow Dash=Scootaloo

But apple jack has a terrible attitude. How dare she make Rarity get all dirty and muddy.

G-Fex said:
But apple jack has a terrible attitude. How dare she make Rarity get all dirty and muddy.
Saves the town, gets rewards, takes care of her family, helps everypony when ever asked despite all the work she has to do.

Yep terrible attitude

jogarrr

googleplex said:
She has a adorable accent, and she can build shit. Also as a rule, Earth ponies are the best ponies.

Apple Bloom > Sweetie Bell >>>>>Rainbow Dash=Scootaloo

googleplex knows what's up.

dHm1rs.jpg

ahoyhoy said:

I can't imagine how tired their voices must be after a day's work. Looks (sounds) tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom