• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darte

arttttttttttt

Daww Twilight and parents
8847+-+filly+Mrs_Sparkle+Mr_Sparkle+twilight_sparkle.png

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH!
mlp_fim___two_gifts_in_one_by_shadow_dancer_666-d3eye2l.jpg

Pinkie Pie as....
Wheatly?!
(Portal 2 spoiler)
1303789290.sci_thinking_with_ponies_v2.png

♪ Lalalala ♪
spring_cleaning_by_johnjoseco-d3f19fm.jpg

Derpy and Oven do not mix!
8613+-+derpy_hooves+shiro.jpg

Weeee!
im_flying__d_by_valiumangel-d3f159v.jpg

RUN AWAY!
a04ae40d39213db39149e8de6216386e-%2528n1303883001398%2529.jpg

Derped up for the ball
derpy__s_gala_was_a_let_down_by_dizzypacce-d3eztgw.jpg

Jenga said:
we're laughing at you, not with you
No. The guy in the recording is clearly mocking the close minded people who criticise the MLP fanbase.

It's the same type of humour you were using when you started calling everyone who didn't like MLP homophobic - you were doing an impression of what you thought were MLP fans' views of neigh sayers, and mocking us in the process.

Uchip

Banned
ZealousD said:
These are better when the person who writes the original source material is being totally serious. =X

the squirrelking fancitions are funnier if you think of them as real
and im still not sure... but the videos were epic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Whogie said:
VGCats is pretending the MLP comic didn't even exist (it used to be #290.)

His blog post said that he wasn't happy with how it turned out. I don't think he's trying to hide his MLP Fandom as they showed up in an older comic of his.

101127.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
DrForester said:
I don't think he's trying to hide his MLP Fandom as they showed up in an older comic of his.
Just barely :p

Also, anyone who loves Sisko should know Picard, considering the first episode of DS9 :p

Sblargh

Banned
Pandaman said:
i dont see the connection.

Owls in general are a symbol for philosophy and until I saw the episode I haven't really found an owl design that I found tattoable.
So, it is not that I want to tatto Owslowiscious, but I want to tattoo an owl and owslowiscious happens to have a nice look.

Sblargh said:
Owls in general are a symbol for philosophy and until I saw the episode I haven't really found an owl design that I found tattoable.
So, it is not that I want to tatto Owslowiscious, but I want to tattoo an owl and owslowiscious happens to have a nice look.
So, you were going to get an owl tattoo anyway? Gotta clarify things like that the first time around.

Go Twilight go!

Twilight takin' the bacon is the way it should be. If it weren't for her, the group would never be as connected as they are! Wait... no, that was because of Rainbow Dash...

Whatever... GO Twilight!

jogarrr

Wow, those are some die-hard Lauren Faust fans bidding on these sketches. Awesome that the proceeds are going to charity. Anyone have the final bid amounts for the first three?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
jogarrr said:
Wow, those are some die-hard Lauren Faust fans bidding on these sketches. Awesome that the proceeds are going to charity. Anyone have the final bid amounts for the first three?

Derpy: $2,151
Pegasus Pinkie: $4,050
Applejack: $3,050
Twilight: currently $5,600

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm at work with the "gotta share..." song stuck in my head.

I hate you Pinkamina.....

I totally tolerate you Pinkamina

jogarrr

Myke Greywolf said:
Derpy: $2,151
Pegasus Pinkie: $4,050
Applejack: $3,050
Twilight: currently $5,600

Thanks.

$2k for a background character, not bad Derpy, not bad.

I never would've guessed before hand that the Twilight sketch would beat out Pegasus Pinkie. She's killing the others :p

I think you might be right Myke:

Hmm... were the losers from the previous auctions that mad, that they got obsessed about winning this one?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Nishastra said:
To think that Lauren was excited when Derpy hit $1300...

She must be quite happy with how this has all gone :p
Or scared. :p

Hasbro are the ones who should be happy, if they're paying attention and have any brains. (Probably a negative on both accounts)

Limited edition 100% show-accurate figures with molded hair? Yes, please.

NEO0MJ

DrForester said:
So I'm at work with the "gotta share..." song stuck in my head.

I hate you Pinkamina.....

I totally tolerate you Pinkamina

I have just about every song of hers stuck in my head =(
They take so long to get rid of, even with the most hardcore of metal.

CassSept

NEO0MJ said:
I have just about every song of hers stuck in my head =(
They take so long to get rid of, even with the most hardcore of metal.
True, I've tried to hit it with pretty much everything I have, usually Amon Amarth as I like their recent albums but as the songs end one of the first things that plays in my mind is WINTER WRAP UP WINTER WRAP UP. Or pretty much any other song on the show. The only way to be sure would be to nuke it from the orbit or something.

By the way, she should have really saved Derpy for the last. Pushing her out first was, well, kind of a mistake, people probably didn't expect how far it could really go that's why this sketch hit barely $2k.

Myke Greywolf said:

Hasbro are the ones who should be happy, if they're paying attention and have any brains. (Probably a negative on both accounts)

Or nice prints.

At the moment Hasbro are sucking pretty badly. For a company who wants a whole TV show solely to advertise their merchandise, they've got an alarmingly small amount of it.

They could be making millions off of us alone with a simple Blu-ray release, though I doubt there'll be one. And all the FiM shirts and things I've seen around the internet are 3rd party.

Hasbro need to get with this and take advantage of us.

OMG Aero

Mechanical Snowman said:
At the moment Hasbro are sucking pretty badly. For a company who wants a whole TV show solely to advertise their merchandise, they've got an alarmingly small amount of it.

They could be making millions off of us alone with a simple Blu-ray release, though I doubt there'll be one. And all the FiM shirts and things I've seen around the internet are 3rd party.

Hasbro need to get with this and take advantage of us.
They probably don't know what to do at the moment. I imagine they don't want to spend too much money making products for the periphery demographic in case they alienate their actual audience or find out that outside of a few fanatics (Like the people who bid on those sketches) most will just watch the show and not buy any merchandise.

Here's an idea you can have for free Hasbro. Get in touch with Adult Swim and make a Rainbow Dash Attack iOS app. Then you have a product that both audiences can enjoy and you will make a shit load of money.

Foxix Von

OMG Aero said:
They probably don't know what to do at the moment. I imagine they don't want to spend too much money making products for the periphery demographic in case they alienate their actual audience or find out that outside of a few fanatics (Like the people who bid on those sketches) most will just watch the show and not buy any merchandise.

Here's an idea you can have for free Hasbro. Get in touch with Adult Swim and make a Rainbow Dash Attack iOS app. Then you have a product that both audiences can enjoy and you will make a shit load of money.

Seems to be working for the anime industry... sort of.

I honestly feel the best thing they could do with this property while it's off season is actually get in touch with adult swim. Whether it be for actually airing the show late night or for just doing something like Rainbow Dash Attack, It's exactly the sort of off the wall and least expected thing you'd expect to find there. Also probably a very effective way of examining just how much of an adult fanbase there is. It could be as simple as having a few episodes up on AS' website.

Last week it was "CUPCAKES! So sweet and tasty CUPCAKES! Don't be too hasty CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES CUPCAKES CUPCAAAKES!"

This week it's "Squirrels in the trees and the cute little bunnies..."

It haunts me.

Foxix Von

Confused101 said:
Last week it was "CUPCAKES! So sweet and tasty CUPCAKES! Don't be too hasty CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES CUPCAKES CUPCAAAKES!"

This week it's "Squirrels in the trees and the cute little bunnies..."

It haunts me.

I still wake up with winter wrap up stuck in my head from time to time.

Best haunting EVER.

CassSept

Foxix said:
I still wake up with winter wrap up stuck in my head from time to time.

Best haunting EVER.
I still can't believe that first time watching I actually turned down the sound while watching the sequence because I absolutely can't stand songs like these, especially in cartoons.

Now I can't get it out my head.

*spikenoooo.gif*

G-Fex said:
I thought I was the only one who got the songs stuck in my head at work.
Nope. I'll be installing some software on a PC here at work with "Oh what a magical place... and I owe it all to the pegasus race..." running through my head.

careksims

Yeah I saw those auction prices and I'm like... okay its going to a good cause, but... damn! $5000 for a sketch!? I'm just going to draw my own stuff.

I will definitely buy MLP:FiM if they are accurately designed like in the show. I'm serious. AHJAHAShasashaaha! Hasbro needs to make prints or stuff STAT!

Myke Greywolf said:

Hmmm...

Although I'm a fan of the show I never had any interest in buying any "My little Pony" dolls.

With that said, if they made a decent looking Derpy doll? I would feel compelled to buy it. I mean, I would HAVE to have one!

Foxix said:
I honestly feel the best thing they could do with this property while it's off season is actually get in touch with adult swim.
I could be wrong since I don't actually get the channel, but I think FiM is one of the premiere programs for "The Hub", so perhaps it is at the expense of the show, but so long as they're still committed towards trying to promote "The Hub" as a viable station, I doubt they would have their show air on a competitor's unless there was a fairly lucrative licensing agreement.

And as much as it might make sense from an outside perspective, associating the show with Adult Swim might be a bigger "wink" than they're willing to give, and someone in charge of the branding may object to a search for "Rainbow Dash" on an iphone leading to an adult swim product which then links to the adult swim website which then links to your non-family friendly image of choice (assuming its possible to be ignorant of whatever images currently lurk several pages deep in a "friendship is magic" image search).

Merchandising typically has a fairly long lead in, especially toy manufacturing when there is engineering of molds and overseas production to take into account. Chances are a second wave of FiM toys will hit some awkward time between seasons 1 and 2, maybe with a white Celestia if we're lucky.

2th

Banned
googleplex said:
Hmmm...

Although I'm a fan of the show I never had any interest in buying any "My little Pony" dolls.

With that said, if they made a decent looking Derpy doll? I would feel compelled to buy it. I mean, I would HAVE to have one!

a Derpy figure would be fucking awesome. but it must have the eyes derped. otherwise it wouldnt be a true Derpy. Though i highly doubt that hasbro would approve a retarded character figure.

Edit: i feel dirty having bookmarked this thread

2th said:
a Derpy figure would be fucking awesome. but it must have the eyes derped. otherwise it wouldnt be a true Derpy. Though i highly doubt that hasbro would approve a retarded character figure.

Edit: i feel dirty having bookmarked this thread
Derpy not retarded! She just got derped eyes.
According to fannon, Derpy or Dizzy Do is the mail carrier for ponyville and has a daughter named Dinky Do.

Foxix Von

CassSept said:
I still can't believe that first time watching I actually turned down the sound while watching the sequence because I absolutely can't stand songs like these, especially in cartoons.

Now I can't get it out my head.

*spikenoooo.gif*

I did too lol, I actually really didn't like Winter Wrap Up until the second viewing. Suddenly after that all the musical segments clicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom