• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nishastra said:
Twilight auction has ended at $6200.

gogo Twilgiht

Get the money ready, Wall ponies.

http://www.fathead.com/entertainment/my-little-pony/

Capture.PNG

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
Can someone make me an avatar of Pony Terra?
This is the one, right? (Not all familiar with Final Fantasy, just used the post with the names earlier)
jJ0Ct.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've learned to live with it.

(Now I demand her hair be green tough.)

jogarrr said:
Looks good, I thought her hair was green though.

Edit: Hmm.. looking at art, some of it is blonde.

t1rF0s.jpg

The sprite is still superior!

jogarrr

Who edited your previous avatar? They did a pretty good job on that one.

Edit: Actually it was pretty easy to adjust the yellow in the image:
tqcyP.png

7P3IR.png

I don't know if this was posted, but someone on 4chan /cake/ board fixed the "baked bads" recipe. I kinda want try and make some just to see how they taste.

a59sms.jpg

n8

Unconfirmed Member
SnOVf.png
RwUK1.png

Heh, I might have looked at some older art, but you can't have too many choices yeah?

I don't see a problem with the chips, but I think I would prefer to use something other than coke; maybe orange?

Trouble

Banned
2th said:
i need this in avatar form... STAT!

oh and

IT IS PONY DAY!!!!
Too late. Muahahaha!

Edit: I will offer it up in this thread when my ADD tendencies cause me to change avatars before too long.

2th

Banned
Trouble said:
Too late. Muahahaha!

Edit: I will offer it up in this thread when my ADD tendencies cause me to change avatars before too long.

meh... i need my avatar changed to be something like scootaloo as the little kid and Gilda as the random loser. though i do love me some freakazoid. that show was so good.

Foxix Von

meltingparappa said:
I could be wrong since I don't actually get the channel, but I think FiM is one of the premiere programs for "The Hub", so perhaps it is at the expense of the show, but so long as they're still committed towards trying to promote "The Hub" as a viable station, I doubt they would have their show air on a competitor's unless there was a fairly lucrative licensing agreement.

And as much as it might make sense from an outside perspective, associating the show with Adult Swim might be a bigger "wink" than they're willing to give, and someone in charge of the branding may object to a search for "Rainbow Dash" on an iphone leading to an adult swim product which then links to the adult swim website which then links to your non-family friendly image of choice (assuming its possible to be ignorant of whatever images currently lurk several pages deep in a "friendship is magic" image search).

Merchandising typically has a fairly long lead in, especially toy manufacturing when there is engineering of molds and overseas production to take into account. Chances are a second wave of FiM toys will hit some awkward time between seasons 1 and 2, maybe with a white Celestia if we're lucky.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. It just seems to me that they don't particularly seem to care much about the show itself (judging by how they've been handling Youtube uploads and whatnot) and really only about the merchandise. I just think they could really be doing more to profit off of the show itself, as right now, they're virtually doing nothing.

Choppasmith said:
To add to the whole Pinkazoid image

http://i.imgur.com/5nIxU.jpg[IMG] aka Huge Awesome Pinkazoid intro comic

Now THIS is something I wish someone with musical talent (or even the original singers) could do.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dBtw6.gif
Sooooo good! I love the chocolate coating panel!

Also regarding Rainbow Dash g forces, it's worth noting that the number quoted is the bare minimum. Since the requirement for a sonic boom is v>vsound, dash could be at 1.5 times that speed and it would increase the g forces pretty much proportionally.

I remember watching an episode and seeing this background pony sitting on a park bench like a human. It seems like some other bronies did also noticed her and dubbed her lyra.

a4y3us.jpg

Darte

Foxix said:
I usually can't wait that long and just have to grit and bare it.

The sound quality and color are really degraded when the first few streams hit youtube. Since I really like the vibrant colors of the series, I end up forcing myself not to watch anything until at least a 720p version comes out. Consequently I also force myself from avoiding any pony related sites until I watch the episode for fear of spoilers D;

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'm really hyped up for this episode (first real Pinkie-focused episode!), but also kind of sad because, after this one, there's only one more to go until we reach pony desert.

I don't even feel like making a pony day macro.

Darte

Myke Greywolf said:
I'm really hyped up for this episode (first real Pinkie-focused episode!), but also kind of sad because, after this one, there's only one more to go until we reach pony desert.

I don't even feel like making a pony day macro.

Don't remind me :/

FoxSpirit

Darte said:
The sound quality and color are really degraded when the first few streams hit youtube. Since I really like the vibrant colors of the series, I end up forcing myself not to watch anything until at least a 720p version comes out. Consequently I also force myself from avoiding any pony related sites until I watch the episode for fear of spoilers D;

Yeah, same for me. I feel like missing out so much detail if I don't wait for the HD upload.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
FoxSpirit said:
Yeah, same for me. I feel like missing out so much detail if I don't wait for the HD upload.
I really can't resist, I watch it as soon as I can get my hands on it, quality be damned. And then I watch the same episode again in HD, of course.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The art style is colourful and expressive enough that the lack of HD is a non-issue.

People act as if not-HD were akin to having your eyes violated by a thousand machetes.

Nishastra

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
People act as if not-HD were akin to having your eyes violated by a thousand machetes.
This is a common theme on GAF :p

Anyway, it's no concern of mine since I actually have the channel, but I also keep relatively low-quality versions of all the episodes on my phone!

Darte

Regulus Tera said:
The art style is colourful and expressive enough that the lack of HD is a non-issue.

I think its more like that HD does it more justice than SD. Visual candy seems sweeter by comparison.

Regulus Tera said:

It's not that I can't watch standard definition, it's that early rips of MLP are in sub SD with watermarks all over the screen.

Watching that on a 1080p screen is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom