• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DrForester said:
Wow, Pinky's kind of an asshole.

Overall it was an OK episode, but I think it shows Pinky can't carry an episode. It was too predictable. Up until now she always came off as a "Always look on the bright side" person. Now she's just insane.

Flanderization in progress?

CassSept

Ah, another Fluttershy believer. Great.

As someone pointed out on EquestriaDaily,
she remains the only pony that never had any mental breakdown of any sort
. Fluttershy for life!

Whogie

DrForester said:
When she screamed at her in her face.
The only instance I see of that is when she freaks out during her party. Everyone winces, but Flutter reacts no differently than the other ponies.

Koomaster

DrForester said:
Instantly assumes the worst about her friends.
To be fair to Pinkie Pie;
did it really take all 5 of those ponies to plan/set up for that party. Didn't really look like a lot going on to be honest. Some of them could have attended Gummy's Afterparty and entertained Pinkie Pie while the rest got things set up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CassSept said:

We have our usually good fun debate about who the best pony is. Ranbow Dash lovers and the wrong people. Pinky Pie lovers and haters (and those of us who tolerate her). Applejack lovers and haters. Everypony seems to have their fans and foes.

Except Fluttershy, I can't think of anyone arguing against the awesomeness of Fluttershy.

jogarrr

DrForester said:
Except Fluttershy, I can't think of anyone arguing against the awesomeness of Fluttershy.
Ark said:
I really dislike Rarity and sometimes Fluttershy just annoys me :(

Dunno about disliking Rarity because she's pretty cool.
I agree about Fluttershy being a little annoying *runs and hides*

meltingparappa said:
I am so tempted to try this, you have no idea. Should be as simple as switching a couple of files around.

HK-47 said:
Portal 2. Its one of the characters.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that :p

I meant where is it from specifically, it looks pre-rendered so I was intrigued. Found it on Google anyway

DrForester said:
it's not spoilery in any way so don't worry. He was in the trailers for the game, so it's nothing to worry about.
Oh, I meant because I already knew that and wanted a specific location like a website or something. I've played and completed Portal 2 :) My fault for being vague I guess.

Nishastra

Banned
DrForester said:
it's not spoilery in any way so don't worry. He was in the trailers for the game, so it's nothing to worry about.
That's not what he means. He knows it's from Portal 2, he was looking for the source of the particular image.

DrForester said:
Instantly assumes the worst about her friends.

I think it's more that she's insecure enough about her friendship that when people don't want to hang out, she assumes it's her fault... which leads her to be more pushy than she should be when getting people to hang out with her (see: Griffon the Brush Off).

It's actually nice to see she has some flaws. She was so good-natured in most other eps (especially in responding to Twilight's prodding in Feeling Pinkie Keen), she was almost an unbelievable character (I mean, aside from all the 4th wall breaking insanity)

CassSept said:

As someone pointed out on EquestriaDaily,
she remains the only pony that never had any mental breakdown of any sort
. Fluttershy for life!

That's because she's a walking mental breakdown. Her default state of cowardice makes her as useless as angry Twi or depressed Pinkie in most situations.

Myke Greywolf said:
The A.V. Club reviews MLP:FiM

It's an entertaining read, both for the review and for the comments.

This should be in the OP, and our first go-to link whenever someone comes in wondering what all the fuss is about.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
The A.V. Club reviews MLP:FiM

It's an entertaining read, both for the review and for the comments.

Wonder if that will be in the print edition.

...shy, sweet Fluttershy, probably the show’s best character, if only for her love for woodland creatures and bursting into song.There’s also Rainbow Dash, the Peppermint Patty of Equestria, who’s so fucking awesome she’s got a LIGHTNING BOLT MADE OUT OF RAINBOWS as her “cutie mark.” (I can’t believe I’m writing about a show with things called “cutie marks.” I can’t believe I’m about to explain what those are.)

This guy's good people.

careksims

OMG at this episode! aekljsadfasj';aljdgalkgdja'ldj!!!!!! I adore Pinkie so much. I can't wait for the HD so I can screen cap the hell out of it.

McNum

Wow at Pinkie Pie. That was rather extreme, but I couldn't stop laughing at it. Pinkie's voice actor nailed this episode. Poor little Pinkamina, so cute, so broken. And here I thought this was going to be a fairly quiet episode to let the season finale get all the attention next week. If this is "quiet", I look forward to seeing "loud".

So next week is the Grand Galloping Gala, right? And with a huge song incoming as well. That is going to be good, I think. And then no ponies until next season...

OMG Aero

Such a great episode but, boy,
Pinkie Pie is fucking crazy. Like, serial killer crazy. Parts of this episode (Like when she was twitching and derping her eyes at the fake party) genuinely unnerved me. I don't think you are supposed to looking directly into the Sonic Rainboom. No pony can handle the colours.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Pinkie Pie is fucking crazy. Like, serial killer crazy. Parts of this episode (Like when she was twitching and derping her eyes at the fake party) genuinely unnerved me. I don't think you are supposed to looking directly into the Sonic Rainboom. No pony can handle the colours.

Yeah, it seems to take a bit away from the shows, i don't know. Wholesomeness. Pinky is flat out nuts, not just the happy and jokey character now.

Despite not liking the episode overall, I would agree it was .gif gold.

sumo390

More Pinkie gifs from ponychan

2Qg4l.gif

zvL0G.gif

McNum

OMG Aero said:
I've seen Pinkie compared to the Joker, which I found silly, because Pinke Pie isn't evil. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

The fake party was just so unnervingly creepy, yet laugh out loud funny at the same time. When Pinkie Pie snaps, she snaps HARD. Or maybe she UN-snapped. I don't know, but I'm impressed at the show to pulled crazy off that well.

Dai101

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
I'm avoiding reading words on here until I see the new episode. Any links?

"pensivepony" has already UL today's episode

By the way, WHAT THE HELL I JUST WATCHED????¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Pinkamena Diane Pie has some seriuos, i mean SERIOUS issues.

OMG Aero said:
Sounds like she looked at the time vortex in Doctor Whoof's TARDIS.

Soloist

Neo Member
I thought today's episode was CELESTIA-tier. Yeah, it was pretty predictable but the gags/jokes were really funny and well executed. I felt really bad for pinkie
when she turned into depressed pinkamina.
):

For some reason, I couldn't help to think that it was uncharacteristically more violent(even if it was slapstick) than usual.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
OMG Aero said:

Agreed,
I was laughing throughout the whole thing, but Pinky was genuinely creeping me out. I thought she was gonna hurt Rainbow Dash :O

Zomba13

Just watched it. My god!
Crazy Pinkie was awesome. Also Gummy just makes me laugh whenever he shows up. He just looks so funny.

Squalltdx

Today makes the 2nd episode for me personally and at the end it left me wanting more. The show just seems to have to certain charm that can really grab you. Now I'm going to have to find a way to catch with all the episodes I've missed. How many have aired so far?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Squalltdx said:
Today makes the 2nd episode for me personally and at the end it left me wanting more. The show just seems to have to certain charm that can really grab you. Now I'm going to have to find a way to catch with all the episodes I've missed. How many have aired so far?

The latest was episode 25.

reddit/MLP has a well organized section for episode downloads.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/gzznz/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom