• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Wow. Ep25 was pretty good. I'm surprised. It got -really- disturbing towards the end though. Some really solid facial expressions throughout. This was better than the last few eps, and probably the only one I really enjoyed since the Fluttershy/Phoenix one. The story was really predictable, and it was obvious what they were doing, but man, Pinkie Pie's descent into insanity was pretty creepy and well executed.

Darte

The mind of derpy hooves

9668+-+derpy_hooves+math.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Can some kind soul please, please try to transcribe me some of the lines from the last episode? Here are the ones that are giving me a hard time:

- When Pinkie sings at the beginning, the verse "There will be games and dancing, bob for apples, (????)"
- When Pinkie is having her... ahem... "party", madame Leflour's line (ends with "Slice of cake", I can't make out what the hell she says before that).

Somepony? Anypony?

Darte

For the madame leflours line: Might I trouble you for another slice of cake?

I can't make out what pinkies singing about though. Sounds like apples cut a rug? lol

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
Can some kind soul please, please try to transcribe me some of the lines from the last episode? Here are the ones that are giving me a hard time:

- When Pinkie sings at the beginning, the verse "There will be games and dancing, bob for apples, (????)"
- When Pinkie is having her... ahem... "party", madame Leflour's line (ends with "Slice of cake", I can't make out what the hell she says before that).

Somepony? Anypony?

1st would be "cut a rug", the second scene I don't remember right now :(

edit: There we go ^^

Darte

There will be games and dancing, bob for apples - cut a rug!

hmm sounds random. Then again...

edit: Yea i'm 99% sure this is it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Darte said:
There will be games and dancing, bob for apples cut a rug!

hmm sounds random. Then again...
its "games and dancing, bob for apples, cut-a-rug" - it's a dance idiom ;)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thank you both for your answers, you're the best.

The portuguese equivalent for "cut a rug" would be "abanar o capacete", then. (Literally, "shake the helmet")

Darte

10,000 posts of ponies
friendship_is_magic_by_johnjoseco-d3cdi3m.jpg

Where are you going silly? Its the After party party!
TwilightChefPinkieLineart-%2528n1297595138681%2529.png

You...are attending aren't you?
1299529616834.jpg

1298158638441.jpg

love_by_jakneurotic-d3awr7q.jpg

friendship__magic__and_lazers_by_hirurux-d3auibm.png.jpg

rainbow_into_space_by_cgeta-d3aufg7.jpg

Rainbow+Dash+Done+700x1300.jpg

diamonds_for_rarity__by_qnaman-d3b08ef-%2528n1299457771864%2529.jpg

To another harmonious 10,000 posts!
friendship_by_csimadmax-d3al267.png

Darte

er cross posting again for 10,001! Just so pictures aren't' lost in the last page!

10,000 posts of ponies
friendship_is_magic_by_johnjoseco-d3cdi3m.jpg

Where are you going silly? Its the After party party!
TwilightChefPinkieLineart-%2528n1297595138681%2529.png

You...are attending aren't you?
1299529616834.jpg

1298158638441.jpg

love_by_jakneurotic-d3awr7q.jpg

friendship__magic__and_lazers_by_hirurux-d3auibm.png.jpg

rainbow_into_space_by_cgeta-d3aufg7.jpg

Rainbow+Dash+Done+700x1300.jpg

diamonds_for_rarity__by_qnaman-d3b08ef-%2528n1299457771864%2529.jpg

To another harmonious 10,000 posts!
friendship_by_csimadmax-d3al267.png

Bonus Derpy Stage

derpy_hooves_by_shiro-d3bcoff-%2528n1299912965493%2529.jpg

1300342773656.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
duckroll said:
Is there a preview out for the season finale?

Just the picture people got from the find the differences game. And it's just everyone sitting around a table, though they all look a bit worked over from the messy hair.

FoxSpirit

Yay, last episode was awesome. Truyl one of the best. (had to wait for the HD upload since pensive had sound issues which I can't stand... audiophile disease)

Jenga

Banned
oh man i'm loving the people signing up to defend my little pony

it's kinda funny in a pathetic sort of way

i bet some dude made the thread for the express purpose of posting it on some MLP forums and now his plan is working flawlessly

OK I checked youtube just to give you guys a benefit of a doubt. Now I wouldn't want my 5 year old G-Daughter watch this. It's the most phony piece of garbage I've seen since Tel-A Tubbies. Grin Grin If you want to live your life out in a fantasy land, it's great, but the real world is NOT a fantasy!! Nice gig guys, and you managed to chock up a let of posts. Grin Grin If my Son, or Daughter were young, this program would not be allowed on my TV set. Now Mommy is calling you for lunch, so have a great day. Grin
get told by a real american granny

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh, stuff like that are ignorable.

I wonder what the Grand Gala is about. Hopefully doesn't disappoint.

G-Fex

Jenga said:
oh man i'm loving the people signing up to defend my little pony

it's kinda funny in a pathetic sort of way

i bet some dude made the thread for the express purpose of posting it on some MLP forums and now his plan is working flawlessly

get told by a real american granny

I'm glad you're here Jenga.

I play the "Mirrorverse card" It's results would be extraordinary.

hRySO.jpg

vmjw8.jpg

Very interesting.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill

tiff

Banned
Foxix said:
Amazing, someone needs to link them to this thread. Maybe we can knock a few of them off with heart attacks out of rage.
I can't even get into it now. Did the thread get deleted or something?

KtSlime

tiff said:
I can't even get into it now. Did the thread get deleted or something?

One can only hope. However seeing how it is on a conservative website, I am rather surprised that they aren't applauding Hasbro for being able to 'brain-wash' us into supporting their business, it is every conservatives dream that business gain that ability right?

Zomba13

G-Fex said:
I'm glad you're here Jenga.

I play the "Mirrorverse card" It's results would be extraordinary.

vmjw8.jpg

Very interesting.
I wonder what Jenga's avatar will be now seeing as he changed it after someone made a ponyfied version of his old one.

2th

Banned
mj1108 said:
It looks like it. There's a Google cache of it: http://tinyurl.com/conservativeslol

Reading their forums, I feel my IQ dropping the more I read it.

i dont think those people are so much conservative as they are ULTRA ULTRA conservative. I mean i myself am somewhat conservative (though not religious in the slightest) and i can understand why they wouldnt want younger males to watch such a show as it could possibly cause gender confusion (yay i get to use my psychology degrees for something useful for once!!!). but as for any male over the age of say 15 watching it... pft i see no problem at all. the show is a lot more adult than some people would think if they had never seen an episode and it isnt even about the femininity of the show. for most of us i think it is a nostalgia thing. the show really reminds me of old school slapstick comedy like freakazoid, animaniacs, tiny tune adventures and even old school looney tunes. So i would say this is more of an issue with the extended adolescence many people talk about.

Edit: SO i was watching some Winter Wrap Up after my masculine raping of people in the Gears of War 3 beta... The song from that episode is so well written and has a very catchy tune. It isnt even feminine at all aside from the whole cleaning up part but i see that a normal thing considering winter wrap up is nothing more than spring cleaning.

KtSlime

2th said:
i dont think those people are so much conservative as they are ULTRA ULTRA conservative. I mean i myself am somewhat conservative (though not religious in the slightest) and i can understand why they wouldnt want younger males to watch such a show as it could possibly cause gender confusion (yay i get to use my psychology degrees for something useful for once!!!). but as for any male over the age of say 15 watching it... pft i see no problem at all. the show is a lot more adult than some people would think if they had never seen an episode and it isnt even about the femininity of the show. for most of us i think it is a nostalgia thing. the show really reminds me of old school slapstick comedy like freakazoid, animaniacs, tiny tune adventures and even old school looney tunes. So i would say this is more of an issue with the extended adolescence many people talk about.

As an anthropologist, I don't believe that gender confusion is a 'real' thing. I guess to clarify, we have boxes as a society, ours specifically has 2, male and female, and we toss concepts into those boxes: pink, MLP, cooking, innocence, cleanliness, etc in the female, and blue, GI Joe, cowboys and indians, violence, dirtiness, etc into the male. We define these binary genders, and only from OUR (the older generation that was raised to 'protect' these 'values') perspective can there be any 'confusion'. Different cultures have different boxes, and different things they put in each box. I don't want to see the boxes go completely away, I don't even think it is possible, but I think we should try and make several more, and minimize what we put in them.

Just a quick question. Is Ponychan safe to go to, or does it have its fair share of mentally scarring images? Should I stick to Equestria Daily for pics?

KtSlime

mazeedibeedi said:
Just a quick question. Is Ponychan safe to go to, or does it have its fair share of mentally scarring images? Should I stick to Equestria Daily for pics?

It's down at the moment, but if you stay in the correct boards you should be mostly safe.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
mazeedibeedi said:
As far as I've seen, you won't see anything more shocking than you can see on Equestria Daily.

Unless you're unfortunate enough to pop in during a 4chan raid, of course. But those are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom