• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
so tonight i have had an inebriated conversation with a friend about this show... it has been quite amusing. i think i have gotten someone to join the herd. not sure if i should be proud or just laugh my ass off.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dai101 said:
To the gala!!!! I mean... DAMN!! These guys are fucking genius or what?

I'm reading all your posts in raging Fluttershy's voice lol.

Oh and if someone is archiving the Belle Eve avatars, here's mine:

J1PsL.png

2th said:
so tonight i have had an inebriated conversation with a friend about this show... it has been quite amusing. i think i have gotten someone to join the herd. not sure if i should be proud or just laugh my ass off.
Do both.

BatDan said:
This just in: Every episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has spawned some sort of meme.
http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/11189
That's actually kind of cool. Nothing specific came to mind for a few of them, but most of them reminded me of what they were supposed to.

And finally, in case someone bothers to archive them.
smallmasterbelle.png

Neki

Master Milk said:
Do both.

That's actually kind of cool. Nothing specific came to mind for a few of them, but most of them reminded me of what they were supposed to.

And finally, in case someone bothers to archive them.
smallmasterbelle.png

Why do you run no avatar? Looks boring. D:

Ultimoo said:
Why do you run no avatar? Looks boring. D:
I haven't thought up one that I like yet. I only had one yesterday because . . . well, Belle Eve spam was my idea, so it'd be weird to not.

I'll get one, eventually.

Odrion

Banned
Oh, so apparently they made another Dr. Whoof character whose even a bigger reference (along with the hour glass, he has a bowtie, and his color is tardus blue.)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Odrion said:
Oh, so apparently they made another Dr. Whoof character whose even a bigger reference (along with the hour glass, he has a bowtie, and his color is tardus blue.)

Many had bow ties, it was the gala

Assume they meant this guy.

16pcgi.jpg

Kind of reaching, way to light to be TARDIS blue. And I already said he's Rasilion :)

Uchip

Banned
I dunno
it seems like the dr whooves etc are just trying to make the show cooler than it really is
doesn't really justify it, and id actually be less weirded out if people just liked the show for what it is

Odrion

Banned
I don't really notice bow ties on any other ponies. Heck, in that screenshot he's the only one sporting one.

Whatever, they just like to throw in stuff into the background. Like Derpy Hooves.

First off, Belle Eve avatar is MINE!

I got it first! ME!

That being said, this was the best episode ever. So epic and perfect.

Now that Fluttershy went coo-coo, all the characters in MLP are crazy.

Lets rank their insanity levels:

#1 Pinkie Pie
#2 Rarity
#3 Fluttershy
#4 Applejack
#5 Rainbow Dash
#6 Twilight Sparkle

2th

Banned
so tonight i have realized i know the lyrics to almost all the songs. i feel very VERY dirty. yet at the same time i cannot help but laugh.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
First off, Belle Eve avatar is MINE!

I got it first! ME!

That being said, this was the best episode ever. So epic and perfect.

Now that Fluttershy went coo-coo, all the characters in MLP are crazy.

Lets rank their insanity levels:

#1 Pinkie Pie
#2 Rarity
#3 Fluttershy
#4 Applejack
#5 Rainbow Dash
#6 Twilight Sparkle
Rarity? I dunno. I think Fluttershy usurps Rarity with this season finale.

Whew, finally watched the episode AND read all the latest posts in the thread.

Yep good way to end the season, I felt the song was suitably epic and random shenanigans were great, and HOLY CRAP at Flutterage. Hilarious. Though, I saw a comment on Ponibooru saying how she felt that Flutterage was an OOC moment made just for teh lols and to tickle the internet fanbase. I kinda agree a bit, it did seem a bit OOC for Fluttershy to become so obsessive out of the blue like that, but it's all in good fun (I mean Laura Faust herself said a lot of things in the show wouldn't hold up well to a logic hammer because it really doesn't need to), and plus, I can see her getting annoyed by something she's thinks she's supposed to have down pat (talking and interacting with animals)

I wish I waited for this episode to do my Avengers parody now. Her freak out would've been great for Flutterhulk. But now that I think about it, this could go great with some Hulk vs Wolverine audio.

McNum said:
And THAT is how you end a season. So many callbacks a great song, and some awesome character moments.

I loved that Rarity's prince turned out to be such a jerk, it really set up a great contrast between Rarity's refinement and Blueblood's snobbery. But the star of this episode has got to be Fluttershy. As expected you REALLY don't want to get on her bad side. Flutterhulk SMASH!

Yeah I wish there was some kind of scene with Spike getting revenge for Rarity's sake. Nothing terrible, but some kind of embarrassing prank. But yeah about Rarity, reminds me of this fanart, it isn't big I promise!

2Yadj.gif

AceBandage said:
So... Season 2...
Episode where the gang fights their alternate reality selves?
Evil FS, Depressed Pinkie, Dumb Twilight, Messy Rarity, Self Loathing RBD, Anti-Social AppleJack.

I actually had an idea a little while back based on a comment I saw on EQD that tosses around what-ifs for the ponies that didn't get their cutie marks thanks to Dash's Sonic Rainboom, that if there was a Big Bad for season 2, maybe he could go back in time and prevent RD from doing her Sonic Rainboom and thus....

-Applejack stays in Manehattan and becomes a total rich snob, comes back to Ponyville with the intent of buying the Sweet Apple Acres to demolish it and turn it into a resort.

-Twilight Sparkle fails her exam and eventually becomes vindictively obsessed with Celestia and ends up being loyal to the Big Bad (or Nightmare Moon, since nopony would end up being able to stop her).

-Pinkie Pie remains emotionless on the rock farm.

-Rainbow Dash, humiliated from her failure, becomes a shell of her former self, and ends up hanging out with Gilda full time, bullying anyone and everyone they come across.

-Fluttershy pretty much becomes Bruce Banner. She's still kind and incredibly shy, but develops the kind of temper seen in the latest episode. Afraid she'll hurt people, she stays locked up in her cottage, cutting herself off from the rest of the world.

-Rarity, swearing off Fashion takes Real Applejack's place on SAA. She becomes very meek and mild mannered. Like a cross between Real Applejack and Real Fluttershy.

The real CMC would become involved as they try to fix the damage with the help of Doctor Whoof.

NEO0MJ

Choppasmith said:
The real CMC would become involved as they try to fix the damage with the help of Doctor Whoof.

Kick out the CMC and instead have their pets save them and it would be greatest episode ever!

Also, here's my ponyday av.

belmac.png

Last night was probably the craziest thing I've been involved in on the Internet. Up for that again whenever. Posting this again because it was the biggest combo we achieved -

I'll also save everyone's custom Belle avatars in case they get lost.

And as of the finale, I'm undecided on my pony ranking. Everyone was just so awesome, even Rainbow Dash.

Edit: and re-quoting this for potential awesome:

OMG Aero said:
Also check this out:
tW2Qe.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
FPjc8.png

bye you! How was Pony viewing, GAF?

edit: YES! @the tweet! Yes, yes, yesss :D

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
I kinda agree a bit, it did seem a bit OOC for Fluttershy to become so obsessive out of the blue like that, but it's all in good fun (I mean Laura Faust herself said a lot of things in the show wouldn't hold up well to a logic hammer because it really doesn't need to), and plus, I can see her getting annoyed by something she's thinks she's supposed to have down pat (talking and interacting with animals)
I think it makes a little sense for her character to be the one with the most exuberant overreaction in this particular instance. Remember all six ponies had been anticipating this occasion for several months. Fluttershy, being the reserved kind, must have been fantasizing about it every single day ever since she got the invitation. In her mind, it would be just like the time when she came to the ground for the first time, only 10 times more awesome, because now she was experienced in handling small animals. To realize that, in a different context, what she perceived as being her special talent was next to useless, must have been too much for her to handle.

And now that season one is over, let's go over the most influential moments from each episode (click to enlarge):

OMG Aero

So going from last night's success, I was wondering if we could do anything with the Synchtube during the wait between seasons and I like to get some opinions on my ideas.
My first idea was that I could set up a playlist with all the episodes and a selection of videos between them and leave it playing so that people can just load up the channel whenever they want and watch the show.
Or we could keep doing it as a weekly thing. Starting from episode 1, each week I could set up a playlist with a different selection of fan videos and an episode and we could go through the whole series again. If we were to start this next week and do it every week, then that would take us to middle of November, by then the second series either would have started or we should know when it is going to start.

On that note, what did people think of the timing of the stream? Yesterday the episode was uploaded much earlier than I thought it would be (The version we watched was the same one that was first posted in this thread 4 hours before start) and since I already scheduled a time it didn't seem fair to go back on it. If season 2 follows a similar pattern, would people prefer me scheduling the streams earlier at the risk of the episode not being uploaded and having to wait around, at a similar time and accept that we might be waiting a while after upload before we can watch it, or even have it later than it was yesterday in case it was too early for other people around the world? And lastly, if people are interested in doing a weekly recap of season 1, what time and day would people prefer that to be? Since these are old episodes, we could do it at any (reasonable) time and it doesn't have to be set in stone each week.

Bufbaf said:
bye you! How was Pony viewing, GAF?
It was great. There was a bit of delay at the start because I didn't expect for there to be more than 50 people watching so I had to set up another room, but once we got started it was a ton of fun.
PounchEnvy said:
I'm not really sure the Applejack one counts as her going crazy or losing it, but I did like that it seems like they all lose it when they think they don't have their special talent or that their cutie mark no longer applies to them.
Twilight: Goes crazy when her magic doesn't resolve a problem but instead makes it worse
Applejack: After being told repeatedly that she can't do her job and pick the apples, she gets obsessive over it which has an impact on other things she planned/wanted to do
Rarity: Goes crazy and becomes a recluse when no-one likes her fashion sense
Rainbow Dash: Cowers in the fetal position when she isn't able to repeat the sonic rainboom and thinks that no-one will like her flying
Pinkie Pie: Goes insane when she thinks people don't like her parties
Fluttershy: Goes batshit when animals don't like her and run away from her

Ohhhhhh. I get it. You know how the finale was all about not getting your expectations too high. Well I think this has some Real Gaf applications, don't you think? *cough* E3 *cough*

bananas

Banned
mazeedibeedi said:
Ohhhhhh. I get it. You know how the finale was all about not getting your expectations too high. Well I think this has some Real Gaf applications, don't you think? *cough* E3 *cough*

You're right.

This E3 is only going to be the second best E3 of all time.

OMG Aero said:
So going from last night's success, I was wondering if we could do anything with the Synchtube during the wait between seasons and I like to get some opinions on my ideas.
My first idea was that I could set up a playlist with all the episodes and a selection of videos between them and leave it playing so that people can just load up the channel whenever they want and watch the show.
Or we could keep doing it as a weekly thing. Starting from episode 1, each week I could set up a playlist with a different selection of fan videos and an episode and we could go through the whole series again. If we were to start this next week and do it every week, then that would take us to middle of November, by then the second series either would have started or we should know when it is going to start.

On that note, what did people think of the timing of the stream? Yesterday the episode was uploaded much earlier than I thought it would be (The version we watched was the same one that was first posted in this thread 4 hours before start) and since I already scheduled a time it didn't seem fair to go back on it. If season 2 follows a similar pattern, would people prefer me scheduling the streams earlier at the risk of the episode not being uploaded and having to wait around, at a similar time and accept that we might be waiting a while after upload before we can watch it, or even have it later than it was yesterday in case it was too early for other people around the world? And lastly, if people are interested in doing a weekly recap of season 1, what time and day would people prefer that to be? Since these are old episodes, we could do it at any (reasonable) time and it doesn't have to be set in stone each week.
I like the marathon idea. That will hold off enough bronies till season 2, but I think the timings should be maybe 1 or 2 hours before 12GMT and on a Saturday or Sunday. Well I think I suggested this before but what if we had someone at Gaf or whoever to record the high quality video and upload it straight to youtube. Then we would have great quality pony viewing and no 2 parters.

McNum

bananas said:
You're right.

This E3 is only going to be the second best E3 of all time.
Half the fun, if not more, of E3 is the GAF meltdowns or mockery topics. That Konami conference would have been plain awful if we hadn't been able to mock it together. So yeah, "bad things can be fun with friends" seems like a suitable lesson for the final season 1 episode.

As for rerunning season 1 on Synchtube, I might be up for it, but it'd have to be weekends only. The time yesterday was fine, even if it was past midnight here in Denmark, so I wouldn't be opposed to having it a bit earlier. But I know most of GAF is US based, so I'm likely in the minority there.

Also some of you guys type really fast, or have the theme song ready on cut and paste. Seriously, chat sing-along and you actually pull it off in time? That's either impressive or slightly scary.

Whew i'm late to the party, or perhaps Gala would be more appropriate.
I thought that it was one of the best episodes of all, had me grinning like a loon most of the way through.
My first post in this topic was one of confusion and bewilderment, (why was I enjoying this? freakout! etc) but now I post to say thanks for bringing this show to my attention. (and for the avatar as well).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DrForester said:
I just saw the one male Pony. And since he's part of the stuck up establishment, I henceforth dub him Rassilon.

Dude, he's so obviously the Master.

2JbiB.png

AecyX.jpg

He's just pretending to enjoy the establishment. It's his Mister Saxon act.

EDIT:

hq09Y.jpg

They have to be doing this on purpose!

OMG Aero

There is a 720p version up now and Snowman I think it might be wise to edit that link out.
If anyone has any requests for transparent avatars from this episode I can give it a go.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
I'm not really sure the Applejack one counts as her going crazy or losing it, but I did like that it seems like they all lose it when they think they don't have their special talent or that their cutie mark no longer applies to them.
Twilight: Goes crazy when her magic doesn't resolve a problem but instead makes it worse
Applejack: After being told repeatedly that she can't do her job and pick the apples, she gets obsessive over it which has an impact on other things she planned/wanted to do
Rarity: Goes crazy and becomes a recluse when no-one likes her fashion sense
Rainbow Dash: Cowers in the fetal position when she isn't able to repeat the sonic rainboom and thinks that no-one will like her flying
Pinkie Pie: Goes insane when she thinks people don't like her parties
Fluttershy: Goes batshit when animals don't like her and run away from her

I like to think that Applejack is always broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom