• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogarrr

n8BitMan said:
They were making lightning in another section of the factory, I don't think power is that hard to come by.

Just another way pony society (or at least pony physics) is better then ours. Come on science, wtf?

At least we have TV. Ponies have to miss out on awesome Bob's Burgers My Little Pony shows.

mazeedibeedi said:
I just finished watching an episode of The Big Picture by MovieBob (or the GameOverthinker) and he may have revealed to being a brony.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/3183-Skin-Deep

Wow, I was just going to watch it to spot the pony reference, but that was actually a really interesting video. I like his style (and his awesomeness for placing a picture of ponies every time he said "ideal world").

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Me said:
Hi, Nella! Love your work! After watching your part in the Nostalgia Chick review for the My Little Pony movie (yeah, that's old), me and some others got curious about knowing if you have an opinion on the new "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" show. Care to share?
Nella from Nostalgia Chick said:
Short of the Long: Just started watching, it's pretty cracktastic, and I've started plotting out what MLP:FiM themed cocktails would taste like. XD

All according to keikaku.

G-Fex

dlybB.jpg

I'm playing the Rarity Defense Force Card in ....defense mode.

Ten reasons she's one of the best ponies and other awesome things.

1. She was nice enough to make all the gala dresses for her friends.
2. She remade the dresses when her whiny friends criticized her work and did it in a hurry at no extra cost.
3. She is probably the nicest big sister, even more than Apple Jack and Sweetie Belle did a lot to make her angry.
4. She actually made a effort first to get along with Apple Jack
5. She cares about how the ponies look and tries to aid them.
6. She's actually very very nice to Spike. She doesn't need to be.
7. She did act the way she did in Sonic Rainboom, so what? She'll never get to fly again or be in the competition again, let her have her day in the sun.
8. She actually tried to give that jerk prince a chance.
9. She was too kind to those diamond dogs.
10. Your hair looks like a Kuriboh, ChuckNoLuck

mazeedibeedi said:
Interesting point brought up. How do ponies make a living in PonyVille, aside from Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity?
Is Twilight subsidised by Celestia? Do ponies leave their pets for Fluttershy to take care of? Is Rainbow Dash paid by some sort of organisation to handle the weather in PonyVille?

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy I imagine as high-ranking civil engineers. Weather and ecosystems are complicated, yo. They probably have some pretty advanced training to do their jobs well. I know Rainbow Dash headed the pegasus team in Winter Wrap Up, and I think Fluttershy headed the animal team, so they must both be pretty far up and well respected in their professions.

I suspect Twilight has a grant to do her research. Or maybe it's like she has a fellowship to do the equivalent of a PhD in friendship, stipend included.

The_Author's_Apprentice said:
Wow, I was just going to watch it to spot the pony reference, but that was actually a really interesting video. I like his style (and his awesomeness for placing a picture of ponies every time he said "ideal world").

Moviebob is awesome. If you liked that episode, check out some of his Game Overthinker stuff on race in Resident Evil and the like. This Big Picture vid is pretty awesome, too: http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2011/02/big-picture-correctitude.html

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
I posted a couple awesome pony-themed shake recipes a long ways back, no one really noticed.
You mean this one?

I totally noticed it, but inertia prevented me from trying them. But now I'll totally do it. Sorry for not commenting on them earlier. ;)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
jogarrr said:
Fluttershy is awesome, but she becomes much less awesome the more outspoken she becomes. My favorite Fluttershy moment was the little squeaks in the first episode. It was all downhill from there. She's at the bottom of the mane six for me. No contest.
mTPJJ.jpg

jogarrr said:
Say what you will about Dash, but that pony knows how to live in style:

j36oPm.png

(So she's not the worst pony. She's above Fluttershy anyways..)
Holy crap, I underestimated Rainbow's income.

Twilight lives in a tree, Fluttershy in a cottage, Applejack on a farm, Pinkie in a cake shop, Rarity in a clothes shop and Rainbow in a floating house made of clouds.

I bet the inside is like a BDSM dungeon, though.

Chuck

Still without luck
G-Fex said:
dlybB.jpg

I'm playing the Rarity Defense Force Card in ....defense mode.

Ten reasons she's one of the best ponies and other awesome things.

1. She was nice enough to make all the gala dresses for her friends.
2. She remade the dresses when her whiny friends criticized her work and did it in a hurry at no extra cost.
3. She is probably the nicest big sister, even more than Apple Jack and Sweetie Belle did a lot to make her angry.
4. She actually made a effort first to get along with Apple Jack
5. She cares about how the ponies look and tries to aid them.
6. She's actually very very nice to Spike. She doesn't need to be.
7. She did act the way she did in Sonic Rainboom, so what? She'll never get to fly again or be in the competition again, let her have her day in the sun.
8. She actually tried to give that jerk prince a chance.
9. She was too kind to those diamond dogs.
10. Your hair looks like a Kuriboh, ChuckNoLuck

Hmm, I wonder what a.......oh
tumblr_lj7bmgNnTc1qafrh6.gif

Also, number 8 shouldn't be a positive.

Pankaks said:
In terms of awesomeness sure. But in terms of who's a better friend, Rarity wins.

To this, I wholly disagree.

Darte

Mechanical Snowman said:
Holy crap, I underestimated Rainbow's income.

Twilight lives in a tree, Fluttershy in a cottage, Applejack on a farm, Pinkie in a cake shop, Rarity in a clothes shop and Rainbow in a floating house made of clouds.

I bet the inside is like a BDSM dungeon, though.

Can't imagine clouds cost that much, they are practically out there!

Ark

Pankaks said:
In terms of awesomeness sure. But in terms of who's a better friend, Rarity wins.

Applejack is by far the best friend, followed closely by Twilight.

I used to think Pinkie was the best friend, but then she went ape-shit LOL.

Ark said:
And on that note, I dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's so awesome <3

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/128/4/3/i__ll_take_you_along_for_a_ride_by_johnjoseco-d3fwr70.jpg[/QUOTE]

Bow chicka bow wow.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Ark said:
Applejack is by far the best friend, followed closely by Twilight.

I used to think Pinkie was the best friend, but then she went ape-shit LOL.
I'm trying to think when Twilight was friendly, coming out blank.
Sure, she has reason and geeks out over anything, but nothing overall than just being there.

Ark

belle_eve__s_nightly_habits_by_johnjoseco-d3fwqso.jpg

I haven't seen this posted yet either.

n8BitMan said:
I'm trying to think when Twilight was friendly, coming out blank.
Sure, she has reason and geeks out over anything, but nothing overall than just being there.

Twilight is always there, and always offering sound advice.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ark said:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/0/4/belle_eve__s_nightly_habits_by_johnjoseco-d3fwqso.jpg[/mg]

[B]I haven't seen this posted yet either.
[/B]

Twilight is always there, and always offering sound advice.[/QUOTE]

Was posted a couple pages back :P.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Foxix said:
OH snap you're right. Like I said I'm really curious how that works. So can materials actually interact with the cloud if willed to to do by a pegasus then or.... what? And how are those lamps receiving power?

Think about it for a second. Clouds tend to generate rain and.....?

Ark

Ultimoo said:
You guys need to start reading the topic more. >_>

I'm sorry that I don't feel like reading through ~5 pages of people shouting at Panda for posting human ponies after being at college for 8 hours.

Neki

AceBandage said:
Some of us have to work all day.
>_>
browse ponyGAF at work? >_>

I'm sorry that I don't feel like reading through ~5 pages of people shouting at Panda for posting human ponies after being at college for 8 hours.
it wasn't human ponies though. >_> also, browse ponygaf at college? >_>

lol.

Ark

Ultimoo said:
it wasn't human ponies though. >_> also, browse ponygaf at college? >_>

lol.

I'm only sat in front of a computer for ~5 hours a week during college, and even then GAF is blocked, and when I actually manage to get onto GAF from college, it wont let me log in.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Repost of art a couple of pages ago is alright in my book, but fully quoting a post with image(s) a couple of posts ago can get annoying.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ark said:
4NYHB.jpg

its somewhat grating to repeatedly forgive people for their false allegations when those same people refuse to forgive me for something that was more unpopular than wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom