• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

mazeedibeedi said:
Haha. How did I not notice this?
I really hope they don't give Derpy a voice and a role in season 2. She should stay as a background so we can play where's Waldo each episode.
/purist rant

I wouldn't mind them giving her a voice to fill what could have been a random pony role.

ThreeSix said:
Alright guys, I'm going to ask you all to play quality control again. Here's the new video I made which is a take on Avenue Q's song Schadenfreude. Aside from the watermarks, which I still have because of using the same footage, how does it look?

Also I'm not so sure about the title of the video. Any suggestions on that would be welcome.

Avenue Equestria - SchadenPony

This is great! Please tell me you're going to do a Little Bit Racist soon

jogarrr said:
Edit: I like the lake. Page 15.
Sweet! I have a cool idea for that page! I'll have it done sometime tomorrow.

SchadenPony is amazing. I saw Avenue Q here in Toronto a couple years back. It was great.

Good Images!

Weird images! Because why not!

Neki

Watching Superman Batman Public Enemies, oh yeah. I really want to watch Gundam SEED though, but canadian bandwidth caps are terrible. =(

Soloist

Neo Member
Does anyone have that fan art of the grown-up spike looking at a picture of the mane six?

It was posted in this thread earlier but I can't find it.

KtSlime

Ultimoo said:
Watching Superman Batman Public Enemies, oh yeah. I really want to watch Gundam SEED though, but canadian bandwidth caps are terrible. =(

Is it on Netflix, because if so, I'll join you. LOL.

Chuck

Still without luck
Soloist said:
Does anyone have that fan art of the grown-up spike looking at a picture of the mane six?

It was posted in this thread earlier but I can't find it.

This one?

130207352392.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
Chuck’s Pony Rankings : Season One - The Mane Cast

1. Rainbow Dash – While sometimes it may seem Rainbow Dash is all about herself, it’s really quite the opposite. She always thinks about her friends first but she tends to show it in her own way. She’s tough, energetic, competitive, and always a great character when she’s on screen. As the reason I started watching the show, she sure lived up to how awesome I thought she and the show could be.

2. Pinkie Pie – Pinkie Pie is fucking crazy. She writes songs for the most random of things. She makes comments and asks questions about the most random of thoughts. She lost her mind after her friends were ignoring her for only one day. These are the reasons I love Pinkie Pie. She is always brings a great comical presence when she is on screen and brings the humor and writing of the show to the next level.

3. Fluttershy – Always raising the cuteness level of any episode when she’s involved, Fluttershy is impossible to not love when you get to know her. She tries to never impose on anypony and her manners toward everypony are unmatched. She’s simply adorable.

4. Applejack – Applejack is the one character you can almost always guess what she’ll say or what she’ll do at any given time. She makes the show a little predictable and even clichéd at times. Her stubbornness occasionally leaves me questioning her motivations for her actions and whether her friends feelings mean that much to her. I still like her, she just needs to think more before she acts.

5. Twilight – It’s hard to really describe a character that almost always plays the role of audience stand-in. She’s an all right character but needs to move past the typical bookworm archetype worrying about the Princess so much. She’s just not that interesting.

6. Rarity – Oh, where to begin. Rarity is without a doubt in my mind, a mean, selfish, narcissistic pony who always puts herself first before even considering anypony else. She is uptight and overconfident in the most obnoxious way. Rarity’s love for attention is often off-putting and some of the things she does against her friend’s feelings are often disgusting. She is a terrible pony I never want to have anything to do with.

Neki

Ookami-kun said:
Dawwwwwww ;(

You might as well watch paint dry. It's free too.

Hey I liked Gundam SEED. It was fine besides all the teenage angst. D: Almost as good as that other one with Hiro(sp?) wanting to kill that girl all season long.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ultimoo said:
Hey I liked Gundam SEED. It was fine besides all the teenage angst. D: Almost as good as that other one with Hiro(sp?) wanting to kill that girl all season long.

Well, that explains why I hate Gundam Wing too! :D

Though I guess Gundam SamE facE synDrome is watchable compared to Seed Destiny or 00.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ThreeSix said:
Alright guys, I'm going to ask you all to play quality control again. Here's the new video I made which is a take on Avenue Q's song Schadenfreude. Aside from the watermarks, which I still have because of using the same footage, how does it look?

Avenue Equestria - SchadenPony
This has my seal of approval. :)

Why are these videos so awesome?

jogarrr said:
So Many Wonders? Not my type. Maybe if she were singing the Pony Pokey..
This reminds me, we haven't done a song ranking yet!

Off to hear them all again I go!

OMG Aero

ChuckNoLuck said:
6. Rarity – Oh, where to begin. Rarity is without a doubt in my mind, a mean, selfish, narcissistic pony who always puts herself first before even considering anypony else. She is uptight and overconfident in the most obnoxious way. Rarity’s love for attention is often off-putting and some of the things she does against her friend’s feelings are often disgusting. She is a terrible pony I never want to have anything to do with.
Did you not watch Suited for Success?

Captain Fish said:
Hmm, ignoring the poses and expressions on their faces . . . oh, I guess you can't do that, since that seems to be the main draw of the picture. xD

I think the pink one's cutie mark is supposed to be be blue, but otherwise . . . good, but creepy picture. Pictures like this are why human ponies are okay.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Uh, do you guys mind telling me why your topic is in Community?

Just curious, btw.

I guess because there is nothing new to talk about until Season 2 is about to begin, therefore it's more suited to community until then?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ookami-kun said:
Yeah we need something to counter the sad

Waitwaitwait

Wait a minute, aren't ponies capable of living thousands of years too?
pony goddesses can apparently.

but unless you're saying grannysmith is older than celestia, i dont think its a univrsal principle.

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah we need something to counter the sad

Waitwaitwait

Wait a minute, aren't ponies capable of living thousands of years too?
You would think the unicorns and pegasus ponies could, but there's no reason to think the earth ponies could. There's nothing special about them.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
And here we have...

Myke's Season One Song Ranking
1. At The Gala - When around mid-season, composer Daniel Ingram was asked what song he had composed for the show was his favorite, he told us it was a song we hadn't heard yet and gave us a few details on how that song just blowed the others out of the water in terms of scope. I found it hard to believe - I was still fresh from Winter Wrap Up and Art of the Dress, and had a hard time imagining how those could be topped in sheer appeal. And then I heard it, and it all became clear. What I couldn't imagine, was how far they were willing to go for such a low-budget show. And if the show was at a level far above what we could expect from the MLP franchise, then this song is at another whole level above the show itself. The whole package, despite its limitations, leaves about half of all musical acts from Disney movies sobbing in the corner of the room. From the distinct solos for each character, full to the brim with personality, to the incredibly catchy "at the gala" riff, ending with the spectacular climax, it all comes together to form the perfect introduction to "the best night ever".
There's only one thing that keeps this song from perfection: the horrible trumpet playing along with the chorus near the end. Once you hear it, you won't be able to unhear it. I would leave it out or replace it with some softer horns.
This song actually makes me sad when thinking of my season two introduction project, because I'm never going to be able to write something that comes even near to living up to this.

2. Art of the Dress - What, no "Winter Wrap Up"? WWU might be the catchiest song in the season, but AotD does something different: whereas WWU is an exposition song, AotD is part of the story itself, serving both as a montage and a chronicle of Rarity's ever-increasing stress and frustration at her friends. The singer nails it perfectly too, with the enthusiasm and joy patent at the beginning replaced with growing anxiety and exasperation for the second part of the song. And then, there's the message, that ressonates within each of us that has ever been in Rarity's position of having to do creative work at the bidding of a client. It's this relevance to the adult listener that sets this apart from the next entry.

3. Winter Wrap Up - So, so, so catchy. And so well executed. You just feel like singing this, despite being incredibly tricky to sing, due to all the fast part switching. It's the most catchy song in the show so far, and despite being simpler than the two songs above it, is deceivingly complex for a "poppy" song. Twilight's singing voice really gets a chance to shine here.

4. The Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme - Awesome glam 80's pop/rock reference, and an hilariously bad performance (way better executed than Pinkie's attempt at a stage trainwreck). It's not a song to remember for itself, but for the part it played in its episode, and what it ended up being rewarded for: a great comedy act.

5. My Very Best Friends (intro song)
6. Giggle at the Ghostly
7. So Many Wonders
8. Evil Enchantress (particularly the Flutterguy version)
9. The Pony Pokey - Hilarious when you're watching the video, particularly the parts with Rarity and Fluttershy ("COME OUT!")
10. Pinkie's Singing Telegram
11. Hush Now, Quiet Now
12. The Grand Galloping Gala
13. Cupcakes
14. You Gotta Care, You Gotta Share - I really don't care for this one, as much as Pinkie would like me to.
15. Hop, Skip and Jump
16. Twilight is my Bestest Friend

Myke Greywolf said:
And here we have...

Well said, Myke! There's just one thing I can't agree with here...

So Many Wonders is number 7? Really?
I mean, I know it was short, but it was a fantastic piece. Not to mention that it's Filly Fluttershy singing. There is nothing cuter than that in the entire world. I doubt that any brony who watched that episode for the first time did not give a giant d'awwwwww at that point.

Of course, that could just be the Fluttershy fan in me speaking...

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The_Author's_Apprentice said:
Well said, Myke! There's just one thing I can't agree with here...

So Many Wonders is number 7? Really?
I mean, I know it was short, but it was a fantastic piece. Not to mention that it's Filly Fluttershy singing. There is nothing cuter than that in the entire world. I doubt that any brony who watched that episode for the first time did not give a giant d'awwwwww at that point.

Of course, that could just be the Fluttershy fan in me speaking...
I'm also a Fluttershy fan, but if I can point anything at the song is that the sudden change in pace made Andrea Libman almost revert to her Pinkie Pie voice, which I found a little weird. ^_^;
I also thought the ending was a little abrupt ("I love everything"... OK.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Master Milk said:
You would think the unicorns and pegasus ponies could, but there's no reason to think the earth ponies could. There's nothing special about them.

Well maybe the unicorns, since nothing magical about pegasi and puggles (muggle ponies)

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
And here we have...

Once again Myke your list is pretty much the same as mine, although I'd probably put So Many Wonders at number 4 and bring Cupcakes and You Gotta Care up a bit.

And while we are on the topic of music, I was messing around with the instrumental version of At The Gala earlier and managed to make a looping version of the background music that plays during Rainbow Dash's part that I think makes a pretty good phone ringtone. If anyone wants to give it a listen and maybe put it on their phone I uploaded it here.
The actual clip lasts 16 seconds, but I made that mp3 a minute long in case anyone has a phone like mine that doesn't handle short repeating files well.

jogarrr

Hurray! I'm part of the Birthday Club.
https://reg.hasbro.com/MyLittlePony/BirthdayClub/

(Don't bother signing up, all I got was an email from Hasbro saying "Buy our stuff". I did lie and say my Bday was tomorrow so I'll see what I get then.)

I made these avatars from the images on that page though (not perfect since I just quickly used magic wand):

tiDNx.png
iNqf4.png

lZKXr.png

Also, there's a personality quiz here:
http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/play/details.cfm?guid=1ff13b50-19b9-f369-1006-8c5c12f9b58f

It's definitely broken though. Said I'm most like Rainbow Dash :( I wanted to be Pinkie or AJ.

Here's the 'posters' that are given at the end of the quiz. (Just ugly pdf images):
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...9b9f36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Rainbow_Dash.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...5019b9f36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Applejack.pdf <- AJ looks ridiculous without a hat :(
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...019b9f36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Pinkie_Pie.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...13b5019b9f36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Rarity.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Twilight_Sparkle.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/assets...019b9f36910068c5c12f9b58f/pdfs/Fluttershy.pdf

Edit: The wallpaper they sent me is here:
https://reg.hasbro.com/resources/mlpwallpaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom