• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
To be fair to 2h I kinda wanted to post that it was funny that the father buried the son with a book he had clearly not taken to heart, but I thought the flames were stoked enough at that point.

Jintor

He was definitely a junior when he posted that. It's possible he might have become a member between posting it and getting banned.

careksims

OMG Aero said:
This is the best flash game ever and I would totally buy it on iOS if they made an official version.

Holy crap!!! AWESOME! Please make this an mobile game!

That's why I learn to type nothing when going into controversial topics. I read it, get angry, and then move on. Hopefully 2h can still come back.

Apparently this is a leaked Dutch version of The Ticket Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0vfZS9ynbc

I'm always fascinated on what the ponies sound like in different languages and wouldn't mind seeing the entire S1 that way. I know of the different openings.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
careksims said:
Apparently this is a leaked Dutch version of The Ticket Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0vfZS9ynbc

I'm always fascinated on what the ponies sound like in different languages and wouldn't mind seeing the entire S1 that way. I know of the different openings.

Thanks for sharing! I'll trade it for a link to the brazilian version of the same episode: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=CW8NBOE7

I absolutely hate what they did with Fluttershy's voice in the brazilian version. She sounds everything but shy. And they didn't even bother trying to hide the voice actress switch for Pinkie's songs.

In regards to the dutch version, I really didn't like Rainbow Dash's voice too much, and that actress doesn't act all that well, IMHO.

When the show comes over here, I'll be sure to share some samples of the portuguese version as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still want the Japanese take on them :<

Jintor said:
love and tolerence and stuff, but 2h was pretty stupid, and that wasn't the irst thread he derailed. he was even getting called on it in the giantbomb thread.

What was the other thread he derailed?

tiff

Banned
careksims said:
That's why I learn to type nothing when going into controversial topics. I read it, get angry, and then move on. Hopefully 2h can still come back.
Probably good advice for any junior member (or any member in general, really).

jogarrr

Ouch 2th.. If he was still juniored there's no hope right? Perma'd?

tiff said:
He got his full membership in the middle of the thread, actually. Don't know if that was considered or not when he was banned, lol.

So there's a tiny chance he's not perma'd, I guess.

OMG Aero said:
This is the best flash game ever and I would totally buy it on iOS if they made an official version.

Nice. This is awesome.
Edit: Arrgh. I suck too much. I'm not worthy of controlling Dash.
Highest score I could get was 19668.

Unicorns are better than Pegasuses (Pegasi?) anyways.

Darte

Hmm does anyone remember if there was an episode with spike where he sees rarity and his heart comes out of his chest cartoon style or something similar?

Foxix Von

Myke Greywolf said:
B-b-b-but how do the ponies unroll the tape self-adhesive material?

Clearly they use self-adhesive material to manipulate and unroll the tape self-adhesive material.

Seems obvious enough to me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Foxix said:
Clearly they use self-adhesive material to manipulate and unroll the tape self-adhesive material.

Seems obvious enough to me.
I'll stick to my theory about magical magnetic horseshoes
with self-adhesive material

Ark

Darte said:
Hmm does anyone remember if there was an episode with spike where he sees rarity and his heart comes out of his chest cartoon style or something similar?

Not that I recall..

Darte said:
Pretty sure that never happens, but his pupils turn in to heart shapes and then he floats after her like old style cartoons.

jogarrr

Ark said:
Not that I recall..

Can't think of anything like that either. I took a quick look at some scenes in the first episode and Dog and Pony Show. The closest I found were these floating hearts from the first episode:

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Darte said:
Only time I recall a heart on a chest is Spike's shirt in "Green is Not Your Color"

MfTM6s.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
Art Time!

hjLkz.gif

Rainbow Dash and Spitfire slash fiction is out there, ya know, if that's your thing.

MegaPony and ProtoPony!
(I had to look that up.)

YoorPorick continues with great art.......o_O I'm scared.

I know not everypony will be into this one.
(Ookami-kun probably will be)

McNum

You know you've spent too much time thinking about details when your train of thoughts go like this:

"Why does Fluttershy have lightning in the background during her maniacal laugh?"
"Wait, Fluttershy is a Pegasus Pony, they control the weather."
"If she can control the weather, Fluttershy COULD have a carefully placed thunderstorm behind her if she had time to prepare."
"So does that mean Fluttershy prepared to go crazy?"

And then I catch myself thinking that maybe I'm over-analyzing just a bit.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
trejo said:
This thread is heading down the Madoka route so fast it's not even funny.

Actually, yes. Yes it is.
And just imagine, we're still about six months off from actual new episodes.

It's going to be a rough ride. But an interesting one.

As much as I like the show and being a part of Pony-GAF, I do not feel entitled to tell people what they should or shouldn't post here, so I'll just try to have fun along the way without making anyone mad. :)

Nishastra said:
Love this GIF, I hadn't really noticed Rarity in that scene.

Ark

Myke Greywolf said:
And just imagine, we're still about six months off from actual new episodes.

It's going to be a rough ride. But an interesting one.

As much as I like the show and being a part of Pony-GAF, I do not feel entitled to tell people what they should or shouldn't post here, so I'll just try to have fun along the way without making anyone mad. :)

The lack of hype for episodes makes it all just feel like 'filler fun' :(

So I was catching up with the last couple episodes of Super Hero Squad, another guilty pleasure of mine, which was recently removed from CN, but still airing in Canada (bastards). The introduction of Beta Ray Bill sprung a lot of horse jokes, including the Stranger yelling "I'LL GET YOU MY LITTLE PONY!!!"

Of course another exchange between Falcon and an evil Scarlet Witch (who's voiced by Twilight's VA, Tara Strong) is just BEGGING for a Pony Mashup

Wanda: What do they say about me on message boards?
Falcon: Only the nicest, kindest things.
Wanda: FOOL! NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING NICE ON MESSAGE BOARDS!

I've finally finished the next page, but in case you don't care about that, I've found these really cool pony icons.

I took the liberty of cropping each one (sans shadow) and putting them in this album, in case anyone wants to use them.

But enough frivolity, time for the mane event!

Legend of the rainbow singularity pages
The Legend of the Rainbow Singularity
Pages so far: Page 1 Page 5 Page 6 Page 15, 16
Last time, we decided to try out a trick at Vermillion Lake, using our newfound sliding hooves! Let's see how that turns out.

Page 15
"-it was really weird because when I woke up my back was itchy, but the dark cloud seemed really unlucky! Unless you're a flower, because a dark cloud means rain. Or a tree! But I'm a pony not a tree, although I do like rain sometimes and-" you politely jam your hoof into Pinkie's mouth to get her attention.

"Pinkie Pie," you ask, not removing your hoof, "how do you feel about helping me with a trick?"

She responds with an emphatic nod.

"Alright, then meet me at Vermillion lake and bring the following supplies..."

Turn to page 16

Page 16
A half hour later, you regroup with Pinkie Pie at the lake's shore.

"I got everything you asked for Rainbow Dash, but I'm kinda confused. Why do you need an umbrella? Or paintbrushes? Or rope?" Pinkie inquires.

You finally explain the trick, "Pinkie Pie, this trick is really going to leave my mark on Equestria! First, I'll start on the hill north of the lake, wearing the umbrella tied on my back. Then I'll coast down the hill building speed from my wings and gravity combined. The moment I reach Vermillion Lake, I'll open the umbrella and continue forward. The domed shape will allow me to split the waters. Then, it'll get really awesome! But enough talk, it's time for action!"

You set up as explained, but you also tie the paint brushes to your rear ankles, dipping each one in rainbow paint. Pinkie gives you a countdown, and you take off, racing down the hill. As you enter the lake you enter the umbrella as planned and the lake waters part in two waves. You speed towards the centre of the lake, and as you near you lower your rear hooves, leaving a rainbow trail on the lake bed. You finish the line, close the umbrella and turn on a dime to complete the move. As you rush back between the closing waves you begin moving in a seemingly erratic pattern, grinding your front hooves. Suddenly you make a beeline for where you entered the lake and exit just before the waves crash together.

"Rainbow Dash that was amazing!" Pinkie cheers, "I don't know if I've ever seen you move that fast, and on the ground to boot!"

"You haven't seen the best part!" you boast, grabbing your spectator and flying her above the lake, "Take a look at that! I told you I'd leave my mark"

To your surprise, Pinkie bursts out laughing! "I think you might need to take another look at your 'mark' Dashie!"

You look down to realize you've made a huge mistake. Clearly written in rainbow ink at the bottom of the lake you see your name, spelt backwards! hsaD wobniaR! How could you mess that up!?

Your trick was awesome, but you've made a crucial misstep! No one will idolize someone who can't spell! The End

Author's note:That was not a preplanned failure, every time I write a page I roll a d6 and results greater than 5 end in a mishap (another idea stolen from the something awful forums). Looks like we'll have to go back and try Lunar Canyon, which I'm psyched about because I think I thought up pretty good ideas for both tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom