• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Ark said:
But that's still 6 months away :(
If it helps pass the time, you'll be able to see Luna again this Saturday on the synchtube.
Just get really drunk or something and forget you've already seen it.

Pandaman said:
i really don't have that folder!
tumblr_lkf0wjcA0Q1qincmao1_250.gif

Annnnnd.. Back to square one

jogarrr

Captain Fish said:

I had a feeling I was going to get a losing ending :p Awesome trick by Dash anyways. Looking forward to Lunar Canyon.

Awesome Pony images too. I think I'll wear this as an av when S2 starts:

IcK9O.png

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
This is amazing. I don't know why, but the mixes you've made have really helped me focus studying.

It's relaxing to listen to for sure.

I seriously love the Rainbowdash portion <3

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OMG Aero said:
This is the best flash game ever and I would totally buy it on iOS if they made an official version.

You're aware this is just a hacked version of Robot Unicorn Attack, right? That game is already on iOS.

KtSlime

Captain Fish: Those icons are too sweet for words, thanks for finding them.

Hmmm, strangely missing Cheerilee, not sure how I feel about that.

OMG Aero

ZealousD said:
You're aware this is just a hacked version of Robot Unicorn Attack, right? That game is already on iOS.
Yeah I already know that. When I said I'd buy an official version, I meant one with different graphics and music instead of just a different character.
On the topic of things that would be awesome if Hasbro did but they probably won't, someone used the Rock Band Network song creator to make Art of the Dress and Winter Wrap Up.

OMG Aero said:
Yeah I already know that. When I said I'd buy an official version, I meant one with different graphics and music instead of just a different character.
On the topic of things that would be awesome if Hasbro did but they probably won't, someone used the Rock Band Network song creator to make Art of the Dress and Winter Wrap Up.

How does this Rock Band Network thing work? Is it possible to download these for RB right now?

ivedoneyourmom said:
Captain Fish: Those icons are too sweet for words, thanks for finding them.

Hmmm, strangely missing Cheerilee, not sure how I feel about that.

I found the source. I originally thought it linked a photo hosting site, but it was a tinyurl-esque thing that lead here. You could try checking there for updates since he's added a few since the beginning. The zip linked there also includes the shadows, that I cropped out of my album. It has osx icons as well.

Edit: Oh man he's vectorized some cool stuff from episodes like the Cutie Mark Crusaders crest and the Rarity Fashion logo, that I didn't even notice.

KtSlime

Captain Fish said:
I found the source. I originally thought it linked a photo hosting site, but it was a tinyurl-esque thing that lead here. You could try checking there for updates since he's added a few since the beginning. The zip linked there also includes the shadows, that I cropped out of my album. It has osx icons as well.

Edit: Oh man he's vectorized some cool stuff from episodes like the Cutie Mark Crusaders crest and the Rarity Fashion logo, that I didn't even notice.

Oh good, because I quickly made one in Pixelmator but it turned out lame cause I can't find my mouse and drawing on a trackpad is impossible.

MByMK.png

OMG Aero

Amibguous Cad said:
How does this Rock Band Network thing work? Is it possible to download these for RB right now?
I'm pretty sure he made those using the Rock Band authoring tool which is what people do to add community songs as dlc. Before you can get your songs on the actual store though they need to go through testing and legal stuff so he is probably just playing the songs in test mode or something.

I looked through the comments and it sounds like he is trying to contact Hasbro to see about getting them on the store but once he knows there is absolutely no chance of this happening he will release the source files anyway. That would still require the authoring tool to play though, which you have to have an XNA membership to use.

I posted the Pinkie one earlier but now ShelltoonTV has made two more high res versions of scenes from the Gala song if anyone is looking for more wallpapers.

I like that all the ponies look happy and the backgrounds are things to do with them or their cutie marks but Applejack has an evil grin on her face and the background behind her is just money.
Edit: Oh hey he just added the Rarity one half an hour ago too.

KtSlime

OMG Aero said:
I like that all the ponies look happy and the backgrounds are things to do with them or their cutie marks but Applejack has an evil grin on her face and the background behind her is just money.

Earth Pony, what else can I say?

Oh, anyone notice the NBA Offseason thread in OT? Yeah... Maybe they should come visit us in Community.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:

Applejacks totally a Ferengi.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Started doing the Gaffer Ponies. Did meltingparappa's, but it still needs a few tweaks and coloring before becoming presentable. :)

Also did a sketch for Captain Fish's that came out pretty well, so I'll show it now. Yep, he's got a captain hat on his pony head. And his cutie mark is fish.

pbRSGm.jpg

(Are you even american?)

Myke Greywolf said:
Started doing the Gaffer Ponies. Did meltingparappa's, but it still needs a few tweaks and coloring before becoming presentable. :)
My god, I've been trying hard to crack the code on a Parappa pony (melting or otherwise) with limited success. Thank you a MILLION times over in advance! :)

Myke Greywolf said:

Also did a sketch for Captain Fish's that came out pretty well, so I'll show it now. Yep, he's got a captain hat on his pony head. And his cutie mark is fish.

pbRSGm.jpg

(Are you even american?)
If you need help with my name just wiki mazeedi and go to the first page.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AceBandage said:
Ah, the end of season madness.
By Monday the with drawls will make everyone like the anthro stuff, and it will be glorious to watch.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Seriously, I do think some people in Pony GAF just want to see how far they can go before this thread gets closed. The real challenge is to make sure that doesn't happen.

^ Seriously. Today was incredibly slow compared to the rest. Most of us are currently suffering from Pony withdrawal and it hasn't even been a week since the season ended.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
ThreeSix said:
I'm looking for the scene where Spike is putting his finger near his mouth like he's fake gagging. Anyone know what episode that's in by any chance?
Sounds like complaining about 'girlie frilly things' back in "Ticket Master"

Edit: How many posts is needed to reach a new thread? 20,000? I wonder if we will hit it before the next season...

Neki

ivedoneyourmom said:
Earth Pony, what else can I say?

Oh, anyone notice the NBA Offseason thread in OT? Yeah... Maybe they should come visit us in Community.

That thread won't stay as active as this thread though, that was the main reasoning.

n8BitMan said:
Edit: How many posts is needed to reach a new thread? 20,000? I wounder if we will hit it before the next season...
If everyday was as slow as today, then I think the thread should be fine. But I think the SynchTube Party every week could mean that more posts are going to be posted.

Cheerilee

Finally caught up on the last couple episodes of ponies. Totally enjoyable, as expected.

<3 Fluttershy

Sad to hear that Lauren's taking a less active role in the series for S2, and might not even be a part of S3 (assuming there is one). I know the show's a group effort and a lot of the people involved are great, but I enjoyed Lauren's contributions and wanted to seem more of them, not less. Specifically, I liked the 2-part pilot, and wanted more adventure episodes occasionally breaking up the character episodes (which are great, but I'd prefer a mix).

Also sad to hear the rumor that the show's budget is getting reduced, when I think it should be increased. This show is singlehandedly doing the impossible and turning one of Hasbro's most pathetic brands into gold.

Hasbro should be giving Lauren Faust a blank check instead of letting Michael Bay keep raping the Transformers.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ruby_onix said:
*snip*
Also sad to hear the rumor that the show's budget is getting reduced, when I think it should be increased. This show is singlehandedly doing the impossible and turning one of Hasbro's most pathetic brands into gold.

Hasbro should be giving Lauren Faust a blank check instead of letting Michael Bay keep raping the Transformers.
Would you happen to have a link to that rumor? I just got back from reading from page 123 or so to see if there was any new development on Faust's departure. Has there been any?

I like the first Transformers. Especially the music. :( Second was shit though.

Also... looking good on that drawing Myke! Keep it up!

Edit:
Captain Fish said:
I'm Canadian actually. I really like the saluting pony pose though!
In that case, may I suggest a Beret or a Tuque? ;)

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
*Opens PonyGAF thread*

*looks at the last few pages*

*sees furry shit and fanfiction*

http://i.imgur.com/jqtiZ.png[IMG]

Pohana is disappoint.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know what kind of things Ohana is into, I know... Does sibari/kinbaku ring a bell?

Cheerilee

RiccochetJ said:
Would you happen to have a link to that rumor? I just got back from reading from page 123 or so to see if there was any new development on Faust's departure. Has there been any?
Looking into it, it seems groundless.

An anon in Equestria Daily's comments section claims to be a friend of Lauren's from art school and currently works on Family Guy. He also says he's the only non-closeted Brony working on Family Guy (although he's partially converted others), and that he's responsible for all Pony references in the show.

Anonymous said:
Basically from what Lauren told me, the schedule was the biggest problem. We animators work under shorter and shorter schedules, and the demands placed on us intensify with every new episode. Directors work 7 days a week sometimes, under a lot of stress. And with budgets shrinking and writers changing their minds at the last minute it's amazing we can produce ANYTHING of quality.

And yet, we got season one of MLP :} Don't worry. Everything will be fine.
He suggests shrinking budgets as an industry-wide phenomenon, but it's not a sign that season 2 will have less of a budget than season 1. The whole season has a budget, and when someone makes a mistake and has to redo it, or someone decides to add a song to an episode, or whatever, it consumes money and shrinks the budget available to finish the series, and even if it all goes perfectly according to plan, the budget is still "shrinking" as you go along, leaving less wiggle-room to get out of future mistakes.

I like the first Transformers. Especially the music. :( Second was shit though.
I really wanted to like the first one, but I just couldn't do it. I can't even see a quality difference between the first and second (maybe if I watch them again I'll pay more attention to the music). I actually didn't have much of a negative reaction to #2 because I was ready for the pain. But I will warmly forgive you for liking #1 if you can forgive me for hating it, since we agree about #2 being garbage. I hope everyone can agree that #3 is crap, and world peace breaks out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
This is the best flash game ever and I would totally buy it on iOS if they made an official version.

Unlike Robot Unicorn Attack, I feel bad when I screw up and Dash Crashes :(

Wish they had done more. Spike or Scootaloo for the fairys, and Fluttershy instead of the Dolphins saying "yay" instead of the Dolphin noise.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ruby_onix said:
Looking into it, it seems groundless.

An anon in Equestria Daily's comments section claims to be a friend of Lauren's from art school and currently works on Family Guy. He also says he's the only non-closeted Brony working on Family Guy (although he's partially converted others), and that he's responsible for all Pony references in the show.

He suggests shrinking budgets as an industry-wide phenomenon, but it's not a sign that season 2 will have less of a budget than season 1. The whole season has a budget, and when someone makes a mistake and has to redo it, or someone decides to add a song to an episode, or whatever, it consumes money and shrinks the budget available to finish the series, and even if it all goes perfectly according to plan, the budget is still "shrinking" as you go along, leaving less wiggle-room to get out of future mistakes.
Interesting to hear. Hopefully this Anon is speaking true. I know Faust was involved at least in the pre-production of S2 and I'm confident it will show.

I really wanted to like the first one, but I just couldn't do it. I can't even see a quality difference between the first and second (maybe if I watch them again I'll pay more attention to the music). I actually didn't have much of a negative reaction to #2 because I was ready for the pain. But I will warmly forgive you for liking #1 if you can forgive me for hating it, since we agree about #2 being garbage. I hope everyone can agree that #3 is crap, and world peace breaks out.
Transformers score on Youtube Go to about 5:20. Something I love about certain Michael Bay movies is that he sometimes hits a homerun with hiring the correct person to score his movies. He did it with 'The Rock' and I feel he was successful here. To me those scores can make just about anything feel heroic.

For instance, as I was typing this, my ferret Sabrina waddled by and tried to steal my car keys. I picked her up, took the keys out of her mouth, gave her a nuzzle, set her down, went to the fridge, grabbed a beer, and finished this post. All the while the Transformers score was blasting in the background. Just as I'm about to hit 'Submit Reply', I'll be damned if I don't feel a little heroic right now. Feel the power of a Bay orchestral score! :D

ruby_onix said:
He suggests shrinking budgets as an industry-wide phenomenon, but it's not a sign that season 2 will have less of a budget than season 1.
It is absolutely an industry-wide problem, and part of it is that no animated series in the history of television has ever had a budget increase.

A usual scenario is in the first season, the schedule turns out to be completely unreasonable. Any number of factors can affect this, usually it's the underestimated amount or breadth of revisions the client is allowed that ends up snowballing the schedule further and further as the season progresses. I'd certainly believe the director was working seven days a week, particularly since he was handling the episodes from both Studio B as well as Go Animate.

By the end of a show's schedule the crew typically ends on the verge of a caffeine-induced stroke, and sometimes have to roll directly into the next season, often at a smaller budget which translates into less hours to accomplish the same amount of work.

It's... a good reason to look at your life's choices and wonder if it's something you want to devote another year to, particularly if there's a random VP at marketing giving you frustratingly vague notes at the 11th hour which forces you to change a segment that has already been fully animated that will now go to waste.

The news that Lauren was around for at least all of the preliminary story meetings bodes really well though. Even if the execution somehow turns out a little shakey due to no direct fault of the competent crew, there'll probably be a hidden beautiful seed in every episode that you can tell was planted with the intention of blossoming into something beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom