• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ultimoo said:
Apparently I'm the only one who ever plays jRPGs around here.

Hey I played Vesperia too! A couple years ago...

KtSlime

Ultimoo said:
Apparently I'm the only one who ever plays jRPGs around here.

I'm double responding so as to be extra clear, I learned a damned language with ~3000 characters so I can continue playing jRPGs even if companies like scamco try to screw me and decide to not import/localize titles. This is how dedicated to jRPGs I am.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
I didn't know you were full of hot air in the Pony thread too :D
You don't even like ponies, all you like is cheese, why are you in here? :)

I'm double responding so I as to be extra clear, I learned a damned language with ~3000 characters so I can continue playing jRPGs even if companies like scamco try to screw me and decide to not import titles. This is how dedicated to jRPGs I am.
I said I play jRPGs, I didn't say I was crazy. ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Have you forgotten my Pony fight stick Qis? Many of us live here.
I would use a pony fight stick, but my crippled ass cant play stick LOL

Ultimoo said:
You don't even like ponies, all you like is cheese, why are you in here? :)

Psh I would still have my rainbow dash avatar if they didnt get rid of animated ones :(

Jintor

ivedoneyourmom said:
I'm double responding so as to be extra clear, I learned a damned language with ~3000 characters so I can continue playing jRPGs even if companies like scamco try to screw me and decide to not import/localize titles. This is how dedicated to jRPGs I am.

TEACH ME SENSEI

God I wish i was good at languages

jogarrr

ivedoneyourmom said:

I've toyed with the idea several times in the past, but I'm horrible at dedicating myself to stuff for 5 minutes let alone the insane amount of time it takes to learn a language. That's awesome though!

KtSlime

Jintor said:
TEACH ME SENSEI

It takes time, dedication and lots of experiences.

What's the trouble seito?

jogarrr: Thanks, I feel it is one of the more rewarding things I have done.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I play JRPGs too.

But I don't belong to groups like those annoying Tales people. Man those people are creepy and/or horrible.

Jintor

ivedoneyourmom said:
It takes time, dedication and lots of experiences.

What's the trouble seito?

jogarrr: Thanks, I feel it is one of the more rewarding things I have done.

I keep getting to the 'I can read katakana/hiirigana' stage and then getting horribly distracted

Neki

Ookami-kun said:
I play JRPGs too.

But I don't belong to groups like those annoying Tales people. Man those people are creepy and/or horrible.

You must be the most ironic poster ever, LOL.

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
Tales of games don't count.

150 hours in Pokémon White and currently at 50 hours in Dragon Quest VI.

Another reason I learned the language, SE did such a terrible job on translating IV I wasn't able to finish it because instead of translating the party talk they simply removed it, making it impossible to remember what I was about to do after having to take a several month break from gaming for school work.

Jintor said:
I keep getting to the 'I can read katakana/hiirigana' stage and then getting horribly distracted
Ah, that sucks but at least that is out of the way now, have you found a textbook you like for studying grammar?

Jintor

ivedoneyourmom said:
Ah, that sucks but at least that is out of the way now, have you found a textbook you like for studying grammar?

In all honesty it's probably just a problem of application. I simply can't concentrate long enough to hold a language in my head.

KtSlime

Jintor said:
In all honesty it's probably just a problem of application. I simply can't concentrate long enough to hold a language in my head.

The trick is using it for things that are fun. Talking with friends, reading manga, watching anime, etc. But I understand, it does take a bunch of work even then.

頑張れ! (Good luck)

Boss Doggie

Regulus Tera said:
You are the self-declared furry here. You do not stand on a moral high ground to call other people creepy or weird.

Nah, I'm a gamer first. And Tales and Gainax are waaaaay creepier.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
there are two groups of mlp fans.

people who want the show to be respected because its 'actually good'.
and people who want the show to be respected because taste is subjective to the viewer and an opinion that should be respected from all peoples.

only one embodies the message of tolerance and love from this show, but it doesn't seem there are that many of them.

judging people for their taste in 'games', 'furrydom' or, ugh, 'gainax anime' is the same as people judging us for as creepy for liking 'girly' show like mly:fim. it is not friendship or magical. it makes me a sad pony.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pandaman said:
there are two groups of mlp fans.

people who want the show to be respected because its 'actually good'.
and people who want the show to be respected because taste is subjective to the viewer and an opinion that should be respected from all peoples.

only one embodies the message of tolerance and love from this show, but it doesn't seem there are that many of them.

judging people for their taste in 'games', 'furrydom' or, ugh, 'gainax anime' is the same as people judging us for as creepy for liking 'girly' show like mly:fim. it is not friendship or magical. it makes me a sad pony.

FFXIII is shite, pandaman. Stop deluding yourself.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
FFXIII is shite, pandaman. Stop deluding yourself.
tbh, i gave up on the game the first time it added the countdown function when whats his face was trying to befriend some motorcycle monster.

but the fact i did not enjoy it does not detract from its value to people who did! if it can bring happiness to people then it has value worth respecting.

Neki

Pandaman said:
tbh, i gave up on the game the first time it added the countdown function when whats his face was trying to befriend some motorcycle monster.

but the fact i did not enjoy it does not detract from its value to people who did!

doesn't that countdown timer appear when snow is trying to befriend the ice twins first though?

also he started it so, at least I'm being reasonable. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pandaman said:

but the fact i did not enjoy it does not detract from its value to people who did! if it can bring -happiness to people then it has value worth respecting.

Playing FFXIII is like getting my eardrums fucked by a rusty drill-bit.

I guess some people get turned on by that!

Boss Doggie

Ultimoo said:
Nothing creepy about humans, can't say the same about humanized animals though.

Not saying they aren't, but it's pretty creepier to see some weird fandom craziness found on them... and that's saying because they are human characters.

tl;dr Tales games especially made by Team Symphonia sucks and GAINAX sucks save for His and Her Circumstance. But their fanbase is much worse.

:D

Neki

Ookami-kun said:
Not saying they aren't, but it's pretty creepier to see some weird fandom craziness found on them... and that's saying because they are human characters.

tl;dr Tales games especially made by Team Symphonia sucks and GAINAX sucks save for His and Her Circumstance. But their fanbase is much worse.

:D

what is this I don't even

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
On-topic: I was getting excited at the prospect of another pony day. But then I remembered it was Thursday. And then I remembered there are no more pony days for a while. :(

Has Lauren Faust read the letters yet?

Whogie

At the Galla has been playing in the back of my mind a lot. I do like the song though, so it's cool.

FFXIII was... entertaining. The plot (and most especially, the melodrama) was crappy and wrote itself into corner in the end. But though it took a while to pick up, even that time spent was decent. When chapter 11 rolled around and the game (finally) gave full control, the grind/sidequesting did become fun.

Jintor said:
TEACH ME SENSEI

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I can read kana, but kanji is very daunting.
I just finished Ys Origin and although all I could read were names and phrases like "やった。。。!" or "こ、これは。。。" it was kind of fun to do so.

Neki

FFXIII has one of the best battle systems, reason why I really liked it. who cares if the story sucks, as long as I'm smashing stuff and shooting people I'M HAVING FUN.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
2jchgl5.png

Pinkamena's sister?

Ultimoo said:
I finished Gundam SEED yesterday though, what else am I supposed to do?

p.s
shin sucks

Watch Omae no umasou da na. The movie, not the shorts.

KtSlime

Whogie said:
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I can read kana, but kanji is very daunting.
I just finished Ys Origin and although all I could read were names and phrases like "やった。。。!" or "こ、これは。。。" it was kind of fun to do so.

Yeah, it's pretty daunting for me too, I have my good days and my bad days - Will be taking the 日本語能力試験 (JLPT) level 1 this summer. I don't think I know all 3006 kanji characters used by the language, but I know probably all of the ones required for high school graduation by the Education Ministry and enough of the others to make strong educated guesses on reading the ones I don't know. My ultimate goal to my self is to pass the 日本漢字能力検定試験 準1級 (The Official Japanese Kanji Ability Examination Pre level 1). It is the second highest level of reading, the first highest is so ridiculous that no one bothers taking it because it uses a lot of classical characters and rare name characters which add up to about 6000.

KtSlime

Whogie said:
Best of luck!
Is this as a major or for fun?

For fun, I graduated already, but I did get a minor out of my Japanese learning.

BTW: Cool that you beat Ys Origin in Japanese without speaking reading it, I get frustrated when I play things I can't read. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom