• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogarrr

Most of the ones that I missed are the minor characters given names by the community. The ones that I missed that I shouldn't have were Trixie, Vinyl Scratch, and Braeburn.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jogarrr said:
Most of the ones that I missed are the minor characters given names by the community. The two that I missed that I shouldn't have were Trixie and Vinyl Scratch.
trixies line is thrown off by the cape i think.

Does anyone else think of Annie when they hear "So Many Wonders"? I always think of "I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here" when I hear this song for whatever reason. It may just be Andrea Libman's vocal tone though.

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
Whoa hold on a second. You're the guy that bought the Lauren Faust Twilight drawing? How much did you end up paying?

Also you should totally take a picture of it.

All right, here are some photos I've taken of the sketch tonight for you guys.:)

Zoomed out shot with ruler for scale purposes. Sketch is still attached to the board it was shipped on. Sketch originally came sealed in at least three different protective layers.

Zoomed in shot of the sketch. At some point I'm thinking of scanning the sketch in order to have a high quality digital copy available.

Anyhow, there she is. For the time being she remains in her protective bubble wrap manilla envelope out of the light until I get a proper frame.

Edit: By the way, anyone hear this yet? Pretty epic in my opinion.
Rainbow Rhapsody

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Calpain said:
All right, here are some photos I've taken of the sketch tonight for you guys.:)

Zoomed out shot with ruler for scale purposes. Sketch is still attached to the board it was shipped on. Sketch originally came sealed in at least three different protective layers.

Zoomed in shot of the sketch. At some point I'm thinking of scanning the sketch in order to have a high quality digital copy available.

Anyhow, there she is. For the time being she remains in her protective bubble wrap manilla envelope out of the light until I get a proper frame.

Edit: By the way, anyone hear this yet? Pretty epic in my opinion.
Rainbow Rhapsody
You bought that for 6 grand? you're fucking nuts.

Alright, I'm back from work and now it's time for...not ponies?!

Nope motherfuckers, it's motherfuckin' THE WITCHER 2 TIME. Lets get this started.

Auto-detect best settings, Low-Spec?! What is this shit

Neki

How About No said:

Nope motherfuckers, it's motherfuckin' THE WITCHER 2 TIME. Lets get this started.

someone needs a new computer.

Calpain

GaimeGuy said:
You bought that for 6 grand? you're fucking nuts.
Eh, I am kind of nuts. You have to go at least a little crazy going through eight years of grad school to get a PhD.;) Besides, it was for a good cause and it just happened to be related to MLP is all.

Bah, I'm jealous. I really need to get my hands on the game so I can play the heck out of it. I really enjoyed the first game so I'm looking forward to playing the second.

daffy

Banned
Damn guys, Community? I searched OffTopic board for about 11 pages before I looked in here!!! What happen??

Oh well, finale was pretty good. Rainbow Dash redeemed herself at the Gala. Her part in the song was great. Looks like its gonna be a long wait till October or whenever.

Its kinda funny, because the actual NBC show Community ended awhile ago and we ended up here before them!! lol

Foxix Von

FTH said:
Damn guys, Community? I searched OffTopic board for about 11 pages before I looked in here!!! What happen??

Oh well, finale was pretty good. Rainbow Dash redeemed herself at the Gala. Her part in the song was great. Looks like its gonna be a long wait till October or whenever.

Its kinda funny, because the actual NBC show Community ended awhile ago and we ended up here before them!! lol

I don't go to that thread but I think it's a combination of the fact that this thread is very, very focused on the MLP community what with all the fanart, fics, and youtube stuff that comes up all over the place and the fact that evilore is probably sick of looking at this page on the front page of the OT. Probably also trying to draw attention to the fact that the Community section actually exists lol.

Neki

Foxix said:
I don't go to that thread but I think it's a combination of the fact that this thread is very, very focused on the MLP community what with all the fanart, fics, and youtube stuff that comes up all over the place and the fact that evilore is probably sick of looking at this page on the front page of the OT. Probably also trying to draw attention to the fact that the Community section actually exists lol.
He must love the k-pop and SNSD thread though. :D

Also, love the new avatar, so good. SO GOOD.

ic4KDg.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ultimoo said:
you guys should have subscribed, jeez. maybe pandaman should run a bi-weekly newspaper to keep everyone informed! :p
mmm, and have one 'special page' to spice things up. will the next page be an informative article or a giant picture of hardcore shipping? nobody knows! its like Russian roulette, but with ponies!

daffy

Banned
Foxix said:
Sounds likely. It was practically a sticky thread before the move.

Ultimoo said:
you guys should have subscribed, jeez. maybe pandaman should run a bi-weekly newspaper to keep everyone informed! :p
Had it sub before the PSN killing spree. Had to search for half an hour to find it again!!

Darte

I require as many vector images of derpy in different poses or styles or whatever with a black or clear background just as long as its derpy and no one else in it! And I'm not answering why :>

I've got a few I managed to snag off of ponybooru or whatever that site is but theres always someone with something I don't have!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Darte said:
I require as many vector images of derpy in different poses or styles or whatever with a black or clear background just as long as its derpy and no one else in it! And I'm not answering why :>

Click for biggie (they're actually transparent):

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
you're so mean, why you gotta hate on him?

No, I'm with the hater for once. Even if the money went to charity, that's a shitload of money for something that was done in maybe less than five minutes.

Then again, I think the same of almost all post-modern art.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How About No said:

Auto detect is completely off for alot of people and I'm sure CD Project will eventually release some optimization patches.

Have you finished the prologue? It was sooo awesome.

Pandaman said:

My eyes!!!

Hazaro said:
It's getting dangerous here.
Just a heads up. Things like this. Things like this...

Panda, you have to be the savior.

Join us Hazard, you've already come this far.

Pankaks said:
Auto detect is completely off for alot of people and I'm sure CD Project will eventually release some optimization patches.

Have you finished the prologue? It was sooo awesome.

Yeah, it lied to me! I've bumped up everything to medium-high standards and haven't ran into any performance issues...yet.

Here's a couple vids:

Spike is Near

The "joke" here, (for those who don't know Death Note at all) is that Near's English VA is the same as Spike's.

And just for kicks, in case people missed them, here's a couple other awesome Death Note parodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUM4RmFiTHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiU9NC80v7w

And Eurobeat Brony has released an early, unfinished version of a new song. It's completely original, but has lyrics, and it's pretty awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuHCYi1qI

Choppasmith said:
Here's a couple vids:

Spike is Near

The "joke" here, (for those who don't know Death Note at all) is that Near's English VA is the same as Spike's.

And just for kicks, in case people missed them, here's a couple other awesome Death Note parodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUM4RmFiTHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiU9NC80v7w

And Eurobeat Brony has released an early, unfinished version of a new song. It's completely original, but has lyrics, and it's pretty awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIuHCYi1qI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBiJg-LrI8

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
No, I'm with the hater for once. Even if the money went to charity, that's a shitload of money for something that was done in maybe less than five minutes.

Then again, I think the same of almost all post-modern art.
In my humble opinion, the monetary value of a piece of art can't be determined solely by the effort put by the artist, but also by its context within society and (most importantly) by its significance and impact to the observer/buyer.

This is something an objectivist might find strange, but it really works this way.

tiff

Banned
Not to be mean but if I paid $6,000 for something I'd like it to at least be finished.

Though I guess since it's charity it kinda doesn't matter.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ThreeSix said:
I just discovered the Closed Captioning option on Youtube, and because of how badly it works, the episodes become funnier to watch. Can't wait to go through the entire season again with them turned on.

Hahaha yeah, that's what I plan to do too!

ThreeSix said:
I just discovered the Closed Captioning option on Youtube, and because of how badly it works, the episodes become funnier to watch. Can't wait to go through the entire season again with them turned on.
These are all kinds of hilarious. I watched the first half of Pinkie Keen with them on and half the time it's like it's transcribing some political debate based loosely on what the ponies are saying :lol

It really is great.

tiff said:
Not to be mean but if I paid $6,000 for something I'd like it to at least be finished.
regulus tera said:
shitload of money for something that was done in maybe less than five minutes.
Not sure if serious...
1296473804206s.jpg

It's a smudgy pencil sketch from the actual preproduction bible by the creator. Would you be happier if one of the animators dug around in their basement until they found a blank acetate cel and got someone in a different department to paint it with acryllic?

It's subjective to the buyer of course, but that physical sketch is a million times more personal and important to the conception of the show than a finished drawing (be it a cel, oil painting, or ep01_sc04_v05_ToMyBiggestFan_LoveLaurenFaust.swf).

Were you both being serious?

I can't tell!

Why won't the rocks and turnips talk back to me!?!

Either way Calpain, congratulations a million times over. You are my absolute envy. That is a wonderful chunk of change to donate and you have something staggering amazing to show for it.

I think the sketch is great, and made that much better by doing so much to help a worthy cause. Calpain, any chance you could scan the thank you note that came with it?

Also, does anyone know who did the voice for Spitfire?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Evil Pinkie Pie can handle them.

I also like how Derpy is not zombified and yet is part of the horde.

OMG Aero

RomanticHeroX said:
I think the sketch is great, and made that much better by doing so much to help a worthy cause. Calpain, any chance you could scan the thank you note that came with it?

Also, does anyone know who did the voice for Spitfire?
Wikipedia says Maryke Hendrikse, and that she was also the voice of Gilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom