• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
Ark's british. I think.

Ark is indeed British (third person referencing ftw).

Sharp said:
There's not a country in the world where 6'3" isn't tall. He may just hang around tall people.

No really, my college has 2000 students, a good percentage of those are of similar or greater height to me.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ark said:
Ark is indeed British (third person referencing ftw).

No really, my college has 2000 students, a good percentage of those are of similar or greater height to me.
Do you go to college inside an HMV?

Ark

CHEEZMO™ said:
I know. I always see ridonkulously tall people in there whenever I'm in one.

Whereabouts in the UK?

Creeper Mode Activated

Living in Southampton as it stands, born in Scotland though (no accent, don't worry).

mazeedibeedi said:
Not funny man. The nearest HMV closed right after that comment.

It's their own fault for letting iTunes and Amazon walk all over them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ark said:
Living in Southampton as it stands, born in Scotland though (no accent, don't worry).
dear lord, now they are walking amongst us like normal people!

my family is welsh, i cant judge anyone

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
#2 in my Pony GAFfer series:

U8rvi.png

I'm getting better with vectors! Yay!

Hmmm, I wonder who I will do next... *shuffles through sketch sheets*

Myke Greywolf said:

U8rvi.png

I love it, the use of the catchphrase is awesome!
I'm gonna have to avatarize this asap.

Calpain

Myke Greywolf said:

Hey, nice job, Myke! Keep up the good work.

Myke Greywolf said:

U8rvi.png

This is really good. But there's a bit that bothers me about it. His back leg (on his right) looks a bit off. Other than that, its awesome.

Ark

Myke Greywolf said:

http://i.imgur.com/U8rvi.png[IMG]

Hmmm, I wonder who I will do next... *shuffles through sketch sheets*[/QUOTE]

This looks awesome! :)

You'll be on the MLPFiM team in no time!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:

U8rvi.png

Very nice.

Catchphrase is redundant though.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thanks for the feedback and encouragement, guys. It really motivates me to get better at it.

I've decided on the next one, but I'll keep it a surprise until I reveal it. I should be able to do it faster, now that I'm acquainted with the tools and process, and I'm also on a break from my job until the end of next week. :)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Calpain said:
5'11'' here.

Guess I'm pretty average, but I swear everyone at the university is taller than me.

Whoop whoop 5' 11" as well!

Just remember: they'll always have something in our size, and we won't have to worry much about craning our necks up/down to talk to people.

tiff

Banned
Pandaman said:
i don't get the fascination with height, nobodies ever banged their head because they were too short. >_>
it's not a big deal but sometimes I feel kinda bad having to look up to people all the time.

NEO0MJ

DrForester said:
Very nice.

Catchphrase is redundant though.

I like it, reminds me of old transformers toys.

Anyways, a 5-10/11(not sure) rep here. No pics for you, it will blind you with it's sheer awesomeness.

Calpain

For those of you looking to kill a little time the guy who has been making 3D ponies has released a new video featuring Pinkie:
3D Pinkie Party

He has a demo linked in his description that you can download and mess around with. Seemed pretty cool when I played around with it for a few minutes.

I like his style, but it obviously still needs work though I do see he has made improvements since his last video and he has come a long way since his first models.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:

http://i.imgur.com/U8rvi.png

That looks great! The back leg looks kinda weird since it's bigger than the one in the foreground, but aside from that it looks really good.
Do you plan to do any of the future ones as female ponies and/or pegasi or unicorns? Or are they all going to be male earth ponies like this the previous one?

Nishastra

Banned
Calpain said:
For those of you looking to kill a little time the guy who has been making 3D ponies has released a new video featuring Pinkie:
3D Pinkie Party
That's incredibly incredible :p

The hair's kinda weird, but I love just running around. I like how happy she looks whenever you stop moving :p

Calpain

Nishastra said:
That's incredibly incredible :p

The hair's kinda weird, but I love just running around. I like how happy she looks whenever you stop moving :p
Before it looked like he didn't have a system in place to customize individual hair strands so it'll be cool to see what he can do with the hair in the future.

Oh, and one of the directors of MLP just tweeted that MLP Layout Team A is beginning work this week on season 2. Yay!

Pandaman said:
http://i38.tinypic.com/156372q.jpg

that was... january 2010 i think.

Oooh, cute.

Are you seriously not at all worried about internet privacy stuff, though? I have a feeling you'd have a lot to lsoe if pandaman was linked to your real identity... sharing your last name, too! My BDSM blogging exploits probably have me more paranoid about online security than most, but I have a feeling you wouldn't fare much better than I if your online identity was linked to your real one.

McNum said:
I do like how we're all acting surprised that creepy-ponies exist. Of course they do, it's the internet. Tis a bad place. And yes, you probably shouldn't have mentioned midnight equestria.

Well, at least we're not posting bad fanfics here. Other places half the pony posts are either a weird fanfic (may or may not be slash) and people discussing those. And no, this wasn't an invitation to start posting those.

I'm a little interested in learning how to draw these ponies, though. I got a half-baked idea for a Duke Nukem Forever Pony avatar, but I'll need a pony Duke for that. I'm not even sure what color a pony Duke should be, really. Blonde? Red? Blue? White, perhaps? He's definitely a unicorn, but I'm getting ahead of myself there. Need to be able to draw a basic pony first. Is there a drawing guide somewhere?

Gimme bad fanfic over the stuff Panda posted. And yes, we know that squicky pony stuff exists, but that doesn't mean that it's appropriate to post it here. Hell, I even either enjoy or find funny most of what panda posts and think those who object so vehemently are judgmental pricks, but there's a time and a place for everything, and that kind of stuff should be kept off of GAF. Plenty of pony communities for shipping, innuendo and what have you, if that's your inclination.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Amibguous Cad said:
Oooh, cute.

Are you seriously not at all worried about internet privacy stuff, though? I have a feeling you'd have a lot to lsoe if pandaman was linked to your real identity... sharing your last name, too! My BDSM blogging exploits probably have me more paranoid about online security than most, but I have a feeling you wouldn't fare much better than I if your online identity was linked to your real one.
Hey, I posted my pics, and you know what I get up to on here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
Oooh, cute.
>_>
thanks i guess.

nope, not really worried. being the cripplingly shy type in real life, I've accepted that the internet is probably the truest way i have to freely express myself and i would not want to be ashamed of being myself.

most of starcraft gaf knows my fullname, has my facebook, knows where i live, etc. the groups that normally put up with me are usually either super cool/tolerant or equally weird, so i don't think i have much to worry about.

So Pony GAF, for one of my next vids, I wanted to try doing something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-J2YrYE4KU

But much higher quality, and have it properly synced. I figured I could make each pony it's own layer of video using Vegas' Cookie Cutter effect to crop out everyone but one pony per layer.

What I need though, is suggestions for good songs, something that could actually match the instruments played in the video.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Pandaman said:
>_>
thanks i guess.

nope, not really worried. being the cripplingly shy type in real life, I've accepted that the internet is probably the truest way i have to freely express myself and i would not want to be ashamed of being myself.
So much this. But for me, it's more what PonyGAF has done than the Interwebs in general.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pandaman said:
>_>
thanks i guess.

most of starcraft gaf knows my fullname, has my facebook, knows where i live, etc. the groups that normally put up with me are usually either super cool/tolerant or equally weird, so i don't think i have much to worry about.
Hugs and kisses for you ^_^

Chuck

Still without luck
Pandaman said:
>_>
thanks i guess.

Hugs for Pandaman <3

5DvPE.png

Tritroid

Alright, so...I've never really watched any of this, but I was curious about the revamp of MLP since I kinda grew up with Generation 1 being on weekday afternoons (MLP and Friends with the potato head kids, etc.)

I haven't seen one episode of MLP: Friendship...and I was kinda skeptical of the new animation style....but

I recently came across the grand galloping gala song on youtube...And WOW, are you serious? That is AMAZING and catchy as FUCK! I mean maybe I'm going overboard, but this song is like on Disney movie-levels, it's that fucking good!

I'm shocked at how much quality is being poured into this show. THIS is the type of revamp that kids' cartoons needed, BADLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom