• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mcnum, myke was drawing some ponies earlier but i dunno if he's still doing that.

i myself have just been trying to eyeball basic shapes using pentools in photoshop. its hard >_>

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nishastra said:
What else would he do?

Edit: Jajaja, no transparency on the small versions :p

Yea, the original image was pretty big and I didn't feel like resizing it. :p

As for pics, I'm pretty sure I posted myself on GAF some time ago. Lemme see if I can find it again.

Foxix Von

McNum said:
I do like how we're all acting surprised that creepy-ponies exist. Of course they do, it's the internet. Tis a bad place. And yes, you probably shouldn't have mentioned midnight equestria.

Well, at least we're not posting bad fanfics here. Other places half the pony posts are either a weird fanfic (may or may not be slash) and people discussing those. And no, this wasn't an invitation to start posting those.

I'm a little interested in learning how to draw these ponies, though. I got a half-baked idea for a Duke Nukem Forever Pony avatar, but I'll need a pony Duke for that. I'm not even sure what color a pony Duke should be, really. Blonde? Red? Blue? White, perhaps? He's definitely a unicorn, but I'm getting ahead of myself there. Need to be able to draw a basic pony first. Is there a drawing guide somewhere?

I always thought it'd be fun to start a general fanfiction thread. Always figured I'd call it something like "Foxix's Fan Fiction Fun: Thread of general creepiness" and just update it biweekly or something with some of the weirdest/best written stuff I could find across the internet.

EDIT: Ah! I thought that was you in the neogaf facebook group, CHEEZ.

McNum

Pandaman said:
mcnum, myke was drawing some ponies earlier but i dunno if he's still doing that.

i myself have just been trying to eyeball basic shapes using pentools in photoshop. its hard >_>
The Friendship is Magic style is deceptively difficult. It looks so simple, then you try copying it and something just comes out wrong.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
McNum said:
I'm a little interested in learning how to draw these ponies, though. I got a half-baked idea for a Duke Nukem Forever Pony avatar, but I'll need a pony Duke for that. I'm not even sure what color a pony Duke should be, really. Blonde? Red? Blue? White, perhaps? He's definitely a unicorn, but I'm getting ahead of myself there. Need to be able to draw a basic pony first. Is there a drawing guide somewhere?

Here's a nice, useful reference for you (click for biggie):

I found that the main things to have in mind are:

- The three circles and their relative sizes and positions
- The junction between neck and head
- The height proportions (1:0.75:1)
- The leg structure

Foxix Von

CHEEZMO™ said:
Doing some detective work, eh?

Lol no, I just read the post and thought to myself "I bet that's cheezmo"

I didn't click your profile, or at the very least I have no recollection of doing so ;D
Nor do I remember your name haha.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Foxix said:
Lol no, I just read the post and thought to myself "I bet that's cheezmo"

I didn't click your profile, or at the very least I have no recollection of doing so ;D
Nor do I remember your name haha.
What gave me away? lol

You can go on my profile if you want.
Check out that goth chick I'm tryna smang using our secret weapon, Foxy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Myke Greywolf said:
Well, did you?

You mean the regret part?

Nah, I don't care if people on the internet know what I look like.

Calpain

Okie dokie, here is the scan of the letter that RomanticHeroX requested.

Just a simple thank you letter that I believe was sent out to the other winners as well, but it was still a nice unexpected gesture.

Also, since the drawing was out anyway I did a scan of that as well at the highest quality possible (still managed to cut off a part of Lauren's name, stupid scanner).

So if it is possible based on this image anyone is welcome to take a shot at coloring it and what not and maybe making it into an avatar for themselves; I don't mind.

Nishastra said:
My drawing final involved Applejack.

I don't actually have it right now or I might take a picture of it :p
Ooo, that sounds really cool, Nish. Once you get it back I would love to see it!

Foxix Von

Ark said:
It's so difficult to keep up with this thread now :(

Just do what I do and leave a specific tab open just for the pony thread in conjunction with the neogaf live thread extension.

also cheez, you're profile is all private 'n stuff so I can't snoop around and have a look at that goth chick. Good luck using our weapon though and bring plenty of ammo next time!

Ark

Foxix said:
Just do what I do and leave a specific tab open just for the pony thread in conjunction with the neogaf live thread extension.

Oh I do, but when I come home from college everyday there's like 4-5+ new pages of stuff!

Chuck

Still without luck
Ark said:
It's so difficult to keep up with this thread now :(

Did you know that if you use the following link as a bookmark it will automatically take you to the first post you haven't read yet within the thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=422909

edit: Yeah, this is definitely a fast moving thread. I don't think there has been a time when we haven't been on the front page of community since we moved.

Foxix Von

Ark said:
Oh I do, but when I come home from college everyday there's like 4-5+ new pages of stuff!

Ah... yeah, probably also helps that I literally have been spending almost all day on the computer the past few months haha.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Foxix said:
also cheez, you're profile is all private 'n stuff so I can't snoop around and have a look at that goth chick. Good luck using our weapon though and bring plenty of ammo next time!
Ah, it's set to friends-of-friends. Bummer.

Yeah, I'm going seeing her tomorrow and I'm gonna use Project P to maximum effect. Wish me luck!

EDIT: ^ ditto, Foxy. Being unemployed has its benefits.

Neki

I didn't understand that invisible Fluttershy at all, I must be dumb, lol.

Back to Terraria!

And of course we'll have to talk about the show, right now we can only talk about the synctube, image dumps, pandaman's naughty ways and speculation.

Ark

ChuckNoLuck said:
Did you know that if you use the following link as a bookmark it will automatically take you to the first post you haven't read yet within the thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=422909

edit: Yeah, this is definitely a fast moving thread. I don't think there has been a time when we haven't been on the front page of community since we moved.

Ah nice, thanks a lot! :)

Foxix said:
Ah... yeah, probably also helps that I literally have been spending almost all day on the computer the past few months haha.

I tend to do that on weekends and other such occasions, lol.

PonyGAF is seriously getting hated on in this thread..

Dai101

Banned
Calpain said:
Okie dokie, here is the scan of the letter that RomanticHeroX requested.

Just a simple thank you letter that I believe was sent out to the other winners as well, but it was still a nice unexpected gesture.

Nice!!! I also read that in TS voice too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
McNum said:
The Friendship is Magic style is deceptively difficult. It looks so simple, then you try copying it and something just comes out wrong.
i think the problem is in the nose, most of the time you see ponies, they'll be at an angel that shows part of the face past the nose, but new people would typically want to start with a simple profile of the head, so noses come out bigger than normal. also, what shape is the back of a ponies head? its a mystery best hidden with hair. >_>

McNum

Myke Greywolf said:
Here's a nice, useful reference for you (click for biggie):

http://i.imgur.com/vnaTe.jpg

I found that the main things to have in mind are:

- The three circles and their relative sizes and positions
- The junction between neck and head
- The height proportions (1:0.75:1)
- The leg structure
And saved to my computer. Might as well give it a shot.

Ark

CHEEZMO™ said:
6'3" eh?

Was gonna say, looked like you would hardly fit in that shower.

I was just about to post 6'3".

I could tell by using the door frame as a reference (6'3" here too).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hey guys! What's going o...

*InvisibleFlutthershy.jpg*

4erfB.gif

I'm not sure how to react to this...

Ark

tiff said:
What's average?

As Sharp said, it's around 5'10" for men. I see loads of people that are around the same height as me, and quite a few that are taller when I'm walking around college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom