• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
^^^Welcome to the herd!
ChuckNoLuck said:
Hugs for Pandaman <3

5DvPE.png
Fuck you, Pandaman's mai waifu.

Pandaman said:
>_>
thanks i guess.

nope, not really worried. being the cripplingly shy type in real life, I've accepted that the internet is probably the truest way i have to freely express myself and i would not want to be ashamed of being myself.

most of starcraft gaf knows my fullname, has my facebook, knows where i live, etc. the groups that normally put up with me are usually either super cool/tolerant or equally weird, so i don't think i have much to worry about.

I also tend to hang with tolerant or equally weird people: pretty much all my IRL friends know about anything that's been posted here. And believe me, I understand the importance of being authentic and taking pride in yourself; it's why I'm not shy about talking about these sorts of things. Still, I'm worried about future employers running across something. God only knows what background checks are going to start turning up as internet search technology improves. This is more directly applicable to Cheezmo and I's situation, but according to the NCSF, 24% of kinksters have lost a job over their private proclivities, and I somehow doubt they were discussing International Mr. Leather over the watercooler. They're finding out somehow, and evidently some employers care enough to fire people.

Tritroid said:
Alright, so...I've never really watched any of this, but I was curious about the revamp of MLP since I kinda grew up with Generation 1 being on weekday afternoons (MLP and Friends with the potato head kids, etc.)

I haven't seen one episode of MLP: Friendship...and I was kinda skeptical of the new animation style....but

I recently came across the grand galloping gala song on youtube...And WOW, are you serious? That is AMAZING and catchy as FUCK! I mean maybe I'm going overboard, but this song is like on Disney movie-levels, it's that fucking good!

I'm shocked at how much quality is being poured into this show. THIS is the type of revamp that kids' cartoons needed, BADLY.

At the Gala is smalltime. Go watch episde 11, Winter Wrap Up, to have your mind really blown.

Tritroid said:
Alright, so...I've never really watched any of this, but I was curious about the revamp of MLP since I kinda grew up with Generation 1 being on weekday afternoons (MLP and Friends with the potato head kids, etc.)

I haven't seen one episode of MLP: Friendship...and I was kinda skeptical of the new animation style....but

I recently came across the grand galloping gala song on youtube...And WOW, are you serious? That is AMAZING and catchy as FUCK! I mean maybe I'm going overboard, but this song is like on Disney movie-levels, it's that fucking good!

I'm shocked at how much quality is being poured into this show. THIS is the type of revamp that kids' cartoons needed, BADLY.

Yep, if there's anything about the show AND the fanbase that makes it one of the best things ever is the music (both official and remixes). I too think of classic Disney musicals when I hear some of these songs.

I'd recommend Winter Wrap Up which is still my favorite song so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uMYTtUgLl0

If you like techno, eurobeat stuff, Eurobeat Brony's stuff is a MUST

There's an idea, Official song ranking, anypony?

1. Winter Wrap Up
2. Art of the Dress
3. At the Gala
4. You gotta share
5. So Many Wonders
6. Flutterguy's Evil Enchantress
7. Grand Galloping Gala (Pinkie's Song)
8. Pinkie's Other little songs.
9. Giggle at the Ghostie

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
Fuck you, Pandaman's mai waifu.
qfvaF.png

--

i guess i never considered the job prospect angle, but then i never would have considered myself a kinkster either. I guess in the meantime i can say something that sounds big like 'i would never work for someone who discriminates based on private affairs!' and then regret it later.

so kinkster is the word for people who dont or aren't very good at hiding their tastes?

tiff

Banned
Pandaman said:
nope, not really worried. being the cripplingly shy type in real life, I've accepted that the internet is probably the truest way i have to freely express myself and i would not want to be ashamed of being myself.

most of starcraft gaf knows my fullname, has my facebook, knows where i live, etc. the groups that normally put up with me are usually either super cool/tolerant or equally weird, so i don't think i have much to worry about.
hear hear

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
most of starcraft gaf knows my fullname, has my facebook, knows where i live, etc.

I know your name and I know you're Canadian, but that's it. =P

Pandaman said:
so kinkster is the word for people who dont or aren't very good at hiding their tastes?

No, kinkster is a catch-all term for people who are into non-mainstream sexual stuff, homosexuality excluded (there are gay kinksters, but being gay doesn't itself make you a kinkster necessarily), with a connotation of the person being involved in the BDSM community. In particular, it doesn't necessarily indicate an out-of-the-closet attitude.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
I know your name and I know you're Canadian, but that's it. =P
do you want to know? :p

Amibguous Cad said:
No, kinkster is a catch-all term for people who are into non-mainstream sexual stuff, homosexuality excluded (there are gay kinksters, but being gay doesn't itself make you a kinkster necessarily), with a connotation of the person being involved in the BDSM community. In particular, it doesn't necessarily indicate an out-of-the-closet attitude.
im not even sure what mainstream sexual stuff is.

I'm probably closest to being a heteroromantic asexual, so as someone who has no real desire towards sexual activity, you all are equally weird. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is it bad that I'm blaming Trollestia from what is happening to PSN because the six ponies aren't seeing each other much due to spending too much time on video games?

Calpain said:
For those of you looking to kill a little time the guy who has been making 3D ponies has released a new video featuring Pinkie:
3D Pinkie Party

He has a demo linked in his description that you can download and mess around with. Seemed pretty cool when I played around with it for a few minutes.

I like his style, but it obviously still needs work though I do see he has made improvements since his last video and he has come a long way since his first models.

That's really neat, the animations really match the show well. When I ran it though, the eyes didn't load right. Made Pinkamena even more worrying.

jogarrr

Kulock said:
That's really neat, the animations really match the show well. When I ran it though, the eyes didn't load right. Made Pinkamena even more worrying.
Yeah, I just tried it out. The messed up eyes are freaky :p
R95wnm.png

Still awesome though. I like that you can bunny hop around like she does in the show.

Foxix Von

That watch picture thread is driving me crazy, someone posted a picture of a watch drawn on their wrist and it's taking every ounce of restraint in my entire being not to post this/edit it into a picture.
9839%20-%20drawn%20pencil%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20watch.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
QisTopTier said:
Tempted to randomly add Panda on facebook now
I totally would, but I don't know if I want to break my self-imposed rule on only having people who I know personally as friends on FB. Can someone persuade me otherwise?

And I had Twilight Sparkle as my FB profile pic for the whole month of April.

Tritroid said:

Do take the time to watch a few episodes, like "Dragonshy" and "Bridle Gossip". If you like musicals, go for "Winter Wrap Up" or "Suited for Success". I'm willing to bet that you won't come out disappointed. :)

Choppasmith said:
There's an idea, Official song ranking, anypony?

1. Winter Wrap Up
2. Art of the Dress
3. At the Gala
4. You gotta share
5. So Many Wonders
6. Flutterguy's Evil Enchantress
7. Grand Galloping Gala (Pinkie's Song)
8. Pinkie's Other little songs.
9. Giggle at the Ghostie

We already did it right after the season finale, here's mine.

For the record, I like "At the Gala" and "Art of the Dress" even better than "Winter Wrap Up", even though I really love all the three of them.

Didn't you forget the awesome Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme (Glam-Rock Remix)?

Myke Greywolf said:
Didn't you forget the awesome Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme (Glam-Rock Remix)?

CMC Theme is one of my fav songs from the show and I never heard that remix before. Hmm...
*searches youtube*
Are you talking about this one? Pretty damn cool if so.

ThreeSix said:
I would usually tell people not to do it because you technically still don't know the person. I have a few people who I met through the internet on my Facebook friends list, but that's after I either met them through meetups for different websites, played a ton of XBL with them, and/or talked with them online for months or even years. I prefer adding people who I develop a connection with rather than do it on impulse.

It's like Persona

I agree. That is why I simply joked about it before but didn't actually do so. My FB friends list is basically just family + people I've met in person + the few people I've met online who I actually got to know and feel I can really call my friends.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
AdawgDaFAB said:
CMC Theme is one of my fav songs from the show and I never heard that remix before. Hmm...
*searches youtube*
Are you talking about this one? Pretty damn cool if so.
Not really, although that one is fantastic too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I was just referring to how the piece that the CMC's performed at the school play could already be considered a "glam rock remix" of the song they were rehearsing at their headquarters.

Regulus Tera said:
People actually like the CMC Theme?

The remix is just a little bit more tolerable. That doesn't mean good.
It's so bad that it goes around the block and becomes good again.

Myke Greywolf said:
Not really, although that one is fantastic too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I was just referring to how the piece that the CMC's performed at the school play could already be considered a "glam rock remix" of the song they were rehearsing at their headquarters.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I forgot about their practice.

Regulus Tera said:
I can't speak for any others but the vocals in the song are sung in a way that is supposed to be bad, because Scootaloo isn't supposed to be a good singer, yet it has a unique charm to me. I think the reason I like the song is mostly because hearing it reminds me of how much I laughed at the stuff Apple Bloom did during their performance. More so I like remixes I've hear of it like the 8-Bit JRPG Battle Theme and Cutie Mark Crusaders (BlankFlank Mix) versions. Alex S. Dubstep Remix is cool too, though I could see the vocals turning people off.

Negator

Wow Pandaman, you have an extremely similar name to a friend I had a long time ago
that is now in prison for pedophilia not even joking

tiff

Banned
Negator said:
Wow Pandaman, you have an extremely similar name to a friend I had a long time ago
that is now in prison for pedophilia not even joking
I can't really think of a normal person I've known named Jeffrey/Jeffery, really.

OMG Aero

Tritroid said:

Welcome aboard! If you haven't already, you should check out the actual show. There are plenty more songs where that came from.
In fact, you could watch some of the show with us on Saturday. Since the series ended, each week we're going to do a stream of two of the episodes. This Saturday we're doing episodes 3 and 4 (Ticket Master and Applebuck Season) so you are more than welcome to join regardless of whether you've seen them or not. (If you haven't seen any episodes though, you can see the first two here)
On that note, what time does everyone want this week's stream to be? I can do it again at 11pm BST but I remember some people arriving at the end of the stream last week and I think some people had to leave before it finished, so does anyone want it earlier or later than that?

Regulus Tera said:

http://i.imgur.com/JHKas.jpg[IMG]

The remix is just a little bit more tolerable. That doesn't mean good.[/QUOTE]

I like the vocal harmonies and chord progressions. It's easy and fun to play along with on guitar. I also really like the "(I just) died in your arms tonight" vibe of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom