• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Thnikkaman said:
Let's not gossip about the guy behind his back, now! Friendly friends.
He can still read the thread, and as far as I can tell there have been no disparaging words slung his way. I look forward to his return sir!

Chuck

Still without luck
I wonder what this picture could be...

aSgWR.jpg

Ugh. Today was a shitty day at work.

And it's not pony day. :(

Need recommendations on which episode would be good to rewatch for someone who's feeling kinda pouty and underappreciated.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Not A Fur said:
Ugh. Today was a shitty day at work.

And it's not pony day. :(

Need recommendations on which episode would be good to rewatch for someone who's feeling kinda pouty and underappreciated.
art of the dress.

Not A Fur said:
Suited for Success and Winter Wrap Up are both perfect. Feelin' better already.

Thanks guys. =)

Thinking more about it those are two perfect choices when you look at the stories the focal characters went through in them.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Not A Fur said:
Suited for Success and Winter Wrap Up are both perfect. Feelin' better already.

Thanks guys. =)
*hug*

Fuck you all if you judge me on a random hug. Right now I need a hug too even if I initiate it. I hate getting angry emails on my phone which I let co-workers know out of courtesy.

So mad right now.

RiccochetJ said:
*hug*

Fuck you all if you judge me on a random hug. Right now I need a hug too even if I initiate it. I hate getting angry emails on my phone which I let co-workers know out of courtesy.

So mad right now.

I'll give you a both a hug then:

Always happy to do so! Sometimes it's the little things that can help make crappy days better.

RiccochetJ said:
*hug*

So mad right now.

Awf thanks! I really appreciate it. Here is one for you! *hug*

I'm in the same boat, just lots of tension at work, and it's starting to leak out of office hours. Taking a bit of time to myself is helping a lot though. I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Not A Fur said:
Awf thanks! I really appreciate it. Here is one for you! *hug*

I'm in the same boat, just lots of tension at work, and it's starting to leak out of office hours. Taking a bit of time to myself is helping a lot though. I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend!
Ahh, I feel like an ass. Sorry about the outburst. I was on my way home when I got the angry email and shorty thereafter the angry phone call and I had to turn around and head back to the office.

Thank you and AdawgDaFAB for the hugs and to Panda. *hug*
Edit: That hug was meant for you all, but just in case... *Hug*

RiccochetJ said:
Ahh, I feel like an ass. Sorry about the outburst. I was on my way home when I got the angry email and shorty thereafter the angry phone call and I had to turn around and head back to the office.

Thank you and AdawgDaFAB for the hugs and to Panda. *hug*
Edit: That hug was meant for you all, but just in case... *Hug*

*hug* 6 combo!!!!!! Hang in there, man =)

And thanks again, guys. Those two eps worked way better than they had any right to. I'm calmed down, humming WWU absentmindedly, and I'm gonna have a nice low-key weekend. Much love to PonyGAF.

43L9D.png

In other news: Had a little fun trolling Thailog(the big gargoyle in the comic at the end of my video) with my video and now I want to see if I can make him admit he's a brony...

DeadPhoenix said:
New version of the video complete with crappy photoshop of the MLP title using the Gargoyles font.

Going to sleep now and if I don't feel a need to change it after I get up, I'll probably make it public and send a link to the resident Brony of the Gargoyles formspring...

Nice, though when I said a Pony themed Gargoyles logo, I was thinking of something like this, made just for the hell of it (I figured why not, I've already made Pony-spoofed logos for Doctor Who and Avengers)

6K1I4m.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, today is Pony Day! Watching Ponies with lots of Bronies! Right? RIGHT?

OMG Aero

Bufbaf said:
You got that right!
IvVbq.gif

Since it's Saturday again, that means it's time for Classic Pony Day 2!
Today we'll be watching The Ticket Master and Applebuck Season. No-one mentioned otherwise when I asked earlier so we'll be starting at 11pm BST (Time zone converter here) but if that is too early or too late for some people, just say so and I'll see what I can do.
Also I'm running dangerously low on pony music and videos for the intermissions, so if you have any links to relatively new pony youtube videos, PM them to me.

And in case anyone hasn't watched before, we'll be watching episodes 3 and 4 on the synchtube and if you missed last week's stream or just want to see episodes 1 and 2 again, last week's playlist is playing on the second synchtube.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
Yes, definitely! This time, there will be nothing keeping me from attending, if OMG Aero goes through with it.

My wife is freaking me out right now. Yesterday, we finally located the Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy toys here in Portugal, and now she's going all brushy-brushy all over them. As a child, she always wanted to have MLP's, but coming from a low-income brazilian family, she couldn't afford them... I guess it's fair to leave her some space to overcompensate.

I gave it a go, too.

I was looking forward to my first Pony Day with yall but I just realized Pony Time is when I'll be hosting a quadruple birthday bash so I can't join in this week. At least I was able to relate it to Ponies by sending out invitations via youtube links to Pinkie's singing telegram ^___^.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Myke Greywolf said:
All my threads were bad.

Now, seriously, is there something wrong?

He's referencing that dino meme.

Also, I might actually be able to make the sync tube viewing this time woohoo.

OMG Aero

tiff said:
So are you guys watching 2 episodes a week on the synchtube?
That's the plan. I can't see into the future so there might be weeks when other things come up, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
And here's #3 in my Gaffer ponies series, OMG Aero:

vrMsa.png

I'm slowly but surely getting more confortable with Inkscape and Gimp, making it possible to experiment some new stuff and having it look nice, but I'm still too slow and lazy to bother drawing actual backgrounds. Shame on me. -_-;

I mean... you may think that it looks good, but it took me three days, from sketch to finishing, to present you this, and it doesn't even have a proper background. Meanwhile, careksims makes 10 fantastic pieces of fanart. :/

Maybe eventually I'll be able to make something comparable to OMG Aero's own awesome Fluttershy fanart.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
And here's #3 in my Gaffer ponies series, OMG Aero:

http://i.imgur.com/vrMsa.png

I'm slowly but surely getting more confortable with Inkscape and Gimp, making it possible to experiment some new stuff and having it look nice, but I'm still too slow and lazy to bother drawing actual backgrounds. Shame on me. -_-;

I mean... you may think that it looks good, but it took me three days, from sketch to finishing, to present you this, and it doesn't even have a proper background. Meanwhile, careksims makes 10 fantastic pieces of fanart. :/
This. Is. Awesome.
dfyeH.png

And don't put yourself down about the background, they can often be the most time consuming part of a picture and there's no shame at all in not doing one. Especially when you are going to do a lot of these pictures.
I don't suppose you have a version of this without the fire ring for avatar purposes do you?

Myke Greywolf said:
At least 11, and some more that I'd like to do but don't know if they're OK with it. ;)
Wow, that's really cool. I love that you took the idea and ran with it.

Don't sweat your speed. And don't compare yourself to other artists that have been doing it longer than you. You're doing great.

CHEEZMO™ said:
I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Myke Greywolf said:
At least 11, and some more that I'd like to do but don't know if they're OK with it. ;)
I'm sure that most of us like a good surprise ;)
If you're stuck with these drawings or need some inspiration, you should PM those users and see what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom