• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogarrr

Captain Fish said:
I like the new pixel art avatar jogarrr!
Thanks. I kinda suck at art but at least in a 16x16 image I can kinda get something vaguely resembling a pony through trial and error. :p

For comparison:
pL6B9.png

Seeing how Myke's pictures turn out is intriguing. Both from what the design will be like and also the improvements each time. So basically this is another "awesome work!" post.
And I echo Calpain's sentiments on all the creative people here.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda curious what Myke thinks a Bufbaf pony would look like :> Not much to work with, I would think!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, it's just the kind of thing that motivates me to strive to try harder and do better for my next work. :)

At OMG Aero's request, here is the avatar-friendly version:

eFh3u.png

Did anyone guess the source of inspiration for this pony? :)
EDIT: I see Captain Fish guessed it. :)

Bufbaf said:
I'm kinda curious what Myke thinks a Bufbaf pony would look like :> Not much to work with, I would think!
Oh, so that means you want one? ;D

jogarrr said:
Thanks. I kinda suck at art but at least in a 16x16 image I can kinda get something vaguely resembling a pony through trial and error. :p
That's fantastic, and now you got me thinking of how amazing a ponyfication of Junior Senior's "Move Your Feet" video would be. :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i think the gaffer ponies do alot to reveal how other people see each other as posters.

for example, aero is graying hardcore, but tries to cover it up by dyeing his mane. i think this is a metaphor for the collapse of the british empire over the last century and how AERO is taking it emotionally.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
i think the gaffer ponies do alot to reveal how other people see each other as posters.

for example, aero is graying hardcore, but tries to cover it up by dyeing his mane. i think this is a metaphor for the collapse of the british empire over the last century and how AERO is taking it emotionally.
Nah, it's all natural. I wanted to make it look as cool, but different from RD or the Wonderbolts, so I thought, "sparkle trail!". I just made the tail silver to make the trail of sparkles make more sense. Sparkles make everything about 25% cooler, after all. Other than that, the concept and design are based upon Aero the Acro-Bat, as Captain Fish and mazeedibeedi pointed out. :)

As to how the fiery ring is floating in the air: it's magic, I don't have to explain shit!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure I can make it in an hour, but I'll try to join you guys as soon as possible :) Be sure to leave a link, though!

OMG Aero

Synchtube begins in about 25 minutes, here's the link if anyone wants to just listen to music while they wait.
Myke Greywolf said:
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, it's just the kind of thing that motivates me to strive to try harder and do better for my next work. :)

At OMG Aero's request, here is the avatar-friendly version:

http://i.imgur.com/eFh3u.png

Did anyone guess the source of inspiration for this pony? :)
EDIT: I see Captain Fish guessed it. :)
Thanks again for this, is Aero the Acrobat actually a good game? I've never played it before and would hate to share my user name with a terrible game.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
Thanks again for this, is Aero the Acrobat actually a good game? I've never played it before and would hate to share my user name with a terrible game.
It's not exceptional, but it's nice and fondly remembered by many 16-bit era gamers. Here's a review.

Hey, the beginning of our Synchtube session coincides with the hour that the rapture is supposed to start happening in the US east coast! I hope this doesn't mess up our plans...

tiff

Banned
Would it big deal if I watch this synctube thing if I haven't seen the first two episodes? Because I was totally going to but one thing led to another and I didn't.

OMG Aero

tiff said:
Figured they'd at least be a good way to get introduced to the characters. But okay.
Ticket Master (The first episode we'll be watching today) could serve as a good introduction to the characters, it focuses on all of them instead of only a couple characters like some of the later episodes.
You will miss how the characters met, but it isn't really important and you can go back and watch them later.

Synchtube is starting now!

jogarrr

So I noticed there are a lot of Scootaloo fans! :)

Do you think Scootaloo is awesome?
2 Yes
6 Eyup
13 I prefer Rainbow Dash but Scootaloo is cool too.

IrIGRl.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jogarrr said:

2 Yes
6 Eyup

http://i.i.imgur.com/IrIGRl.jpg[ IMG][/QUOTE]
there were 23 people in the synctube for that thread.
21 voted scootaloo awesome.

therefore, 91% of people agree scootaloo is awesome.
of those people, 61.9% agree rainbowdash is superior to scootaloo.
therefore 52% of all people agree rainbow dash is awesome, even when the poll isnt about rainbow dash being awesome.

democracy confirms dash as best pony.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
jogarrr said:

2 Yes
6 Eyup
I have good reasons to think that this poll was fixed.

jogarrr

mazeedibeedi said:
Cause the other fillies have little to no depth.
Apple Bloom is cool. I loved her dancing during the CMC song. Plenty of personality in that filly.

FUdBKm.jpg

Sweetie Belle is basically the Applejack of the CMC though. :p

OMG Aero

Thanks again for watching everyone, make sure to tune in next Saturday for asshole week when we watch Griffon the Brush-Off and Boast Busters. Now it's time for the poll results with 5 being the highest score and 1 being the lowest:
For episode 3: 4 people voted 5, 14 people voted 4, 3 people voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1. Which gives it an average score of 4.05.
For episode 4: 1 person voted 5, 12 people voted 4, 3 people voted 3, 2 people voted 2 and no-one voted 1. Which gives it an average score of 3.67.
Which leaves the current ranking as:
1. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
2. The Ticket Master - 4.05
3. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
4. Applebuck Season - 3.67

And as a bonus poll I asked who everyone thought had the best reason for going to the Gala in The Ticket Master: 8 people thought Applejack earning money for her family was the best reason for going to the Gala, 7 people thought Rainbow Dash impressing the Wonderbolts was more important and Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy each had one person that thought their reason for going was best.
No-one thought Rarity should go to the Gala.
TQu5K.png

jogarrr said:

2 Yes
6 Eyup
This poll totally doesn't count. I get disconnected for a few seconds and instantly the stream gets taken over by a radical Scootaloo fan.
tiff said:
h-hi everypony
Now you can truly be a part of PonyGAF. I hope you liked the episodes enough to tune in again next week.
Captain Fish said:
Butts. For some reason I thought it was at 7, and finished my errands just in time to see that it's over. I'll be there next week for sure.
Calpain said:
Ack, too bad I missed the Synchtube as they sound like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to catch next week's run.
I can put the episodes on again if you or anyone else wants to watch them. If not, I'll be putting the same playlist we just watched on PonyGAF2 tomorrow as usual. I'd put it on there now but Shanadeus seems to be watching episodes 1 and 2 and it'd be rude to interupt.

jogarrr said:
Apple Bloom is cool. I loved her dancing during the CMC song.

FUdBKm.jpg

Sweetie Belle is basically the Applejack of the CMC though. :p
I agree.
I really feel like they could flesh out Sweetie Bell a lot better. Oh well, I'll wait till season 2

Sweetie Bell is totally fleshed out! She's able to summon choral background when singing, and she's incapable of making anything but adorable cloaks.

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
I can put the episodes on again if you or anyone else wants to watch them. If not, I'll be putting the same playlist we just watched on PonyGAF2 tomorrow as usual. I'd put it on there now but Shanadeus seems to be watching episodes 1 and 2 and it'd be rude to interupt.

I appreciate it, Aero, but I think I can hold out till next week to see the episodes with the rest of the gang.:)

As for the CMC, I actually like them all in their own way. Sweetie can use a little more development, but she's enjoyable for what she is (that singing voice!). Apple Bloom is my favorite though, she's just too cute and I think she's cool.

tiff said:
h-hi everypony
Glad to hear you had fun, tiff! I'm looking forward to seeing you in the next Synchtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom