• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
why is twilight's rear leg have a broken gold manacle on it in that art with spike? is there a reference in the image im not seeing?

If you notice in the image, she is obviously about to fight off some kind of demons/dog beasts. They obviously trapped her and she escaped by Spike melting the chain.

Chuck

Still without luck
CHEEZMO™ said:
Well that was glorious.

Thanks for uplifting my mood guys.

TSbLc.png

Hugs for CHEEZMO.

Chuck

Still without luck
CHEEZMO™ said:
No, tags are given to people by mods.

That's their appeal.

But a lot of them seem bad. What's the appeal of having "Junior Junior Member" like Blame Space or others that are worse?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Foxix said:
Not just any mods mind you. I think it's only administrators that can do it.
I'm pretty sure it's mods.

There's a lot of tags and how many Admins?

Edit: Do something stupid = silly/shaming tag.

Foxix said:
Not just any mods mind you. I think it's only administrators that can do it.
Yea, only admins. Or, you know, I could be totally wrong. xD

You probably don't want a tag. Unless you establish a harem made up of three supermodels from three different countries, your tag will probably suck.

Since none of us is sure, I want to just pm a mod and ask, but . . . I don't see duckroll on, so I can't imagine it being a good idea with a pony avatar equipped.

Dai101

Banned
Herpa derp. Derpy may do some clumsy stuff (like when she went south instead of north) now and then, but your package ALWAYS end up in their intended destination ...... eventually.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
Then what does yours mean and how did you get it?
a year and change back there were a small series of threads in OT on how moe~ had ruined anime forever. i argued that moe~ was a great vehicle for character development for shows like ARIA, haibane renmei, gunslinger girls, etc.

alot of gaffers objected to my haibane renmei example, so there was a few pages of discussion on if haibane was a moe show or not, most people thought my definition of moe~ was too liberal, i thought people were unfairly criticizing moe~ by claiming 'good shows' weren't moe~ for no good reason. after a few pages i got the tag.

I'm pretty happy with it all things considered, because i still agree with my arguments back then. haibane renmei is a moe~ show!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Master Milk said:
The thing I've always liked about tags, is that they're more often than not, extremely appropriate.
iirc, the disagreement eventually settled between if using moe~ as a vehicle for initial character development to carry a show would still qualify a show as 'moe~' if it is phased out as the character is fleshed out.

i think it does, because the initial moe~ appeal to the audience is the foundation for the audiences attraction to the characters struggles and in the case of haibane, serves as a basis of contrast against the later darker tones of the show when rakka becomes sin bound, in the well and the whole reki affair. most other gaffers felt that a moe~ show would be a show that is just a constant reinforcement of the moe~ character appeasement.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pandaman said:
I'm pretty happy with it all things considered, because i still agree with my arguments back then. haibane renmei is a moe~ show!

As an FYI, Pandaman is wrong as wrong can be on this. Like "Applejack is the best character" levels of wrong.

Chuck

Still without luck
Pandaman said:
a year and change back there were a small series of threads in OT on how moe~ had ruined anime forever. i argued that moe~ was a great vehicle for character development for shows like ARIA, haibane renmei, gunslinger girls, etc.

alot of gaffers objected to my haibane renmei example, so there was a few pages of discussion on if haibane was a moe show or not, most people thought my definition of moe~ was too liberal, i thought people were unfairly criticizing moe~ by claiming 'good shows' weren't moe~ for no good reason. after a few pages i got the tag.

That took A LOT of Googling, but I understand now and your tagline sounds fitting and pretty good.

Hoofs crossed that I get a good one someday.

DrForester said:
As an FYI, Pandaman is wrong as wrong can be on this. Like "Applejack is the best character" levels of wrong.

What about you Forester? How did you get your brown fish tagline that I also don't understand?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChuckNoLuck said:
That took A LOT of Googling, but I understand now and your tagline sounds fitting and pretty good.

What about you Forester? How did you get your brown fish tagline that I also don't understand?

Accidentally posted in one of Dragona's retarded tag fishing threads.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DrForester said:
DrForester waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were Moeblobs~ in the forum. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to evilore were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Forester was a poster for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the forums and he said to dad "I want to be in the threads daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY MOE~"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the community forum of the GAF he knew there were Moeblobs~.
"This is Master Milk" the radio crackered. "You must fight the Moeblobs~!"
So Forester gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the Moeblobs~
"I will shoot at him" said Rakka and she fired the rocket missiles. Forester plasmaed at her and tried to blew her up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the Moeblobs~" he shouted
The radio said "No, Forester. You are the Moeblobs~"
And then Forester was a loli.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*fairy, magical, fairy*

sorry, there's a space in my heart for moe~ and magic and its all reserved for nanoha.
and rozen maiden.
in an infinite universe the probability of a season 3 is 100%.

DrForester said:
Pft, said it in the anime thread, and I'll say it here. I've seen moe's true form. Moe today is weak compared to what moe is capable of. Most people can't even get through their ops, I've seen all three in their entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8oFwUgLVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gx643z58gw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJM9i_r-RIQ (turn your speakers up for best effect)
Kawaii . . . kawaii everywhere

What in the world is that Rainbow Dash thing? Something for the car? A . . . rearview mirror ornament?

CHEEZMO™ said:
Red.

If I remember his posts in the BDSM thread, he's a dom.

But I could be completely wrong.

Nope, totally a sub. Also the green one in that picture is the one that represents my team from the avatar bet.

Where'd the BDSM thread go, anyway?

Calpain

Master Milk said:
What in the world is that Rainbow Dash thing? Something for the car? A . . . rearview mirror ornament?
That's what I'm guessing it is. I think it's supposed to make your rearview mirror at least 20% cooler.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
Nope, totally a sub. Also the green one in that picture is the one that represents my team from the avatar bet.
i dunno, red ponies grin seems to suite you more often than not. :p

shaowebb

DrForester said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJM9i_r-RIQ (turn your speakers up for best effect)

Oh my God I'm covered in Genki
lol

I've actually seen each of these. I couldn't keep going with Bottle Fairy. Toooooo cute to take. Magical Meow Meow was...creepy. That guy who loved his potatoes and to say "German made <3 " was gonna fuck his pet cat...at least Nachos was cute though. Snow fairy is just plain Dah<3

I seriously am saddened people could sexualize things like this and like it, though. Taruto got odd, but I don't think it was ever meant to stoke anyone's engines the way I see Travis Touchdown types getting with their Moe.

What a world...

Okay Scootaloo fans like Jogarr might find this interesting

<Dannyimusic> Let me say something about the Cutie Mark Crusaders song...
<Dannyimusic> That was actually not a bad tune, although it was supposed to be a horrible parody of an 80's song... and they made me take those girls who are all great singers, and make them sing as badly as possibly
<Dannyimusic> Well I've recorded lots of songs with Scootaloo outside of this show, and she's a KILLEr singer
<Dannyimusic> she was SO upset we asked her to sing like that
<Dannyimusic> I"m thinking if they do a soundtrack I'd like to get them to sing it like I know they can

Daniel Ingram , btw, he stoped by a Brony IRC chat
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/daniel-ingram-visits-irc.html#more

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Man, fun stuff always happens in this thread when I'm asleep. I have nothing against some light, playful shipping portrayal, although I can understand how it is something that ruffles some people's feathers the wrong way. I'd tell you exactly what I'd be OK with, but you'd start looking at me funny from then on.

meltingparappa said:
This is 120% cool stuff. I might give a shot at something similar, some day.

Pandaman said:
another question: which gaffer do you think will be myke's first unicorn pony? dundundun!
I bet on Foxix. Will someone take me up on this one?

ChuckNoLuck said:
Good luck, I'd say the the probabilities of getting a "good" tag versus a "bad" one are about 3-5%. You really need to make/post something exceptionally noteworthy/pwning/amazing, have the admins notice and agree with the awesomeness of what you did, and have them being in the mood for giving a nice tag in that particular day.

In normal circumstances, the best you can hope for is to have the sense to never post anything too outrageous where an admin will likely read it.

DrForester said:
Pft, said it in the anime thread, and I'll say it here. I've seen moe's true form. Moe today is weak compared to what moe is capable of. Most people can't even get through their ops, I've seen all three in their entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8oFwUgLVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gx643z58gw

I agree that today's moe is a mere shadow of its origins. Let me add up to the classic moefest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrljKsLzL6c

shaowebb said:
I seriously am saddened people could sexualize things like this and like it, though.
It's just the thing; In my opinion, people with severe social impairments, like many nerds and most true otaku have, many times end up mixing up their feelings of affection/admiration/fondness with their sexual drive, because they never bothered learning the mental guidelines necessary to separate those things, or never got the opportunity to acquire an adequate escape valve for their sexual needs. It's a fascinating subject, and I'm sure that many of us are familiar with it, even if it is on the intuition level.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
BROHOOF (or claw, or paw, whatever!)

j7XXX.png

My only gripe after getting unbanned is having your subscriptions removed :( This is my second banning btw so I'm familiar with it... sorta :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom