• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ellis Kim said:
this is awesome XD
These are awesome. Who's the artist for the sketches?

Here:
Choppasmith said:
Yep:
http://thelivingmachine02.deviantart.com/gallery/

When I saw human ponies being mentioned, these were the first ones to come to mind. Something about the facial expressions just NAILS the characters perfectly!

And he's since put 2 new ones up.

I edited it slightly to make it easier on the eyes and mind.

Foxix Von

I don't care if this was posted before or not, this is amazing and needs to be seen again.
0lsP5.jpg

^^^careksims hits it out of the park again!^^^

I don't know why, but I really love this 1960s Spider-Man trend. I wish they had more polish though.

mlyvE.jpg

saaEf.jpg

Megasweet makes an adorable image.
tqsah.png

Ellis Kim

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Chuck, is that Big Macintosh in the bottom right or someone else I can't think of?
Isn't that supposed to be the guy that was in the diner that Spike demands more milk at the end of the season finale?

lol @ 60's spiderman. Is that a weird recent thing, or just random?

AdawgDaFAB said:
Chuck, is that Big Macintosh in the bottom right or someone else I can't think of?
I think its Pony Joe(not sure on name..) from the end of GGG in the doughnut shop.

Also yes, 60's Spider man is strangely awesome.

That makes more sense, especially because he already had a sketch of Big in a previous pic. I love The Living Machine's human pony drawings. However, because he draws a lot of them based on background / obscure ponies it took me a long time to recognize who each one was when I looked at all of his sketches.

I think my fav pic of his is:

Chuck

Still without luck
AdawgDaFAB said:
Ellis Kim said:
Isn't that supposed to be the guy that was in the diner that Spike demands more milk at the end of the season finale?

Yeah, I think he was running out of ponies.

A0kqL.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
Complement it with this:

http://i.imgur.com/XYeXk.png[IMG]

And it can used both by the troller and the trolled!
[/QUOTE]
and here i was being lazy and thinking platinum angel. :P

also isn't there some new proliferate ability that'd make celestia imba as fuck?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
and here i was being lazy and thinking platinum angel. :p

also isn't there some new proliferate ability that'd make celestia imba as fuck?
I wouldn't know, I haven't played MtG seriously in more than 10 years.

Nevertheless, my decade-old red/green sacrifice-fueled mana explosion deck still deals some cards, as they say.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
I wouldn't know, I haven't played MtG seriously in more than 10 years.

Nevertheless, my decade-old red/green sacrifice-fueled mana explosion deck still deals some cards, as they say.
channeling fireballs, eh? :p

i just found out they're doing limited reprints of restricted cards. :\ sol rings and necropotences for everyone!

OMG Aero

Since I already made the template, I thought I would have a go at more Ponymon cards but this time actually come up with attacks and abilities instead of just changing the words on existing ones.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
Since I already made the template, I thought I would have a go at more Ponymon cards but this time actually come up with attacks and abilities instead of just changing the words on existing ones.
Those are really great, and they seem quite balanced. Excellent job.

daffy

Banned
Is there anymore artwork in the style of Ark's avatar, with the Friendship is Magic ponies as superheroes/idols? I can't find these things PonyGAF!!!

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
Those are really cool, Aero. Very well done.

Acrylamid

Hi there, PonyGAF!
I have ony seen a few episodes but a question came up.

Do you know about the Bechdel Test?
It's a test about the role of female characters in movies (and TV shows).
To pass the test
1. It has to have at least two women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man

There's a surprisingly high number of movies that fail this test!
Of course, a movie isn't sexist just because it fails the test, for example a movie that only has two characters (one male and one female) would fail it as well.

A good way to see how sexist movies are is imo to compare how many movies fail the Bechdel Test and how many fail the Reverse-Bechdel Test.

The latter is very rare! But after having seen a few episodes of MLP:FiM, I have to wonder: how many episodes pass the Reverse-Bechdel Test?

Are there MLP:FiM episodes that
1. have at least two male characters in it
3. About something besides a female character?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Acrylamid said:

"Best Night Ever". Pony Joe and Spike.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Acrylamid said:

Over a Barrel

"Okay, you pull now."
"Awww! We just switched!"

ZealousD

Captain Fish said:
Spike and the Quills and Sofas guy.

Male character trying to obtain an item for a female character. That's sort of on the fence, isn't it?

ZealousD

FTH said:
Didn't the final episode have two male horses pulling the carriage that talked, or did they..

Yeah. Rarity gets them to pull the carriage. Spike gets a little abrasive with them, and I think their only line was "If you didn't know our neighbor Rarity..."

So that interaction doesn't apply.

OMG Aero

CHEEZMO™ said:
Anypony got that Derpy tv test card image?
The best I can do is screenshots from the Youtube videos, I can't find source images for them.

Acrylamid said:
First thing I thought of was Spike talking to the dragon in Owl's Well That Ends Well. I was trying to think of other examples and that gave me another thought, does Big Macintosh ever actually talk to a character that isn't Applejack? I can't even remember him talking to Granny Smith or Applebloom.

McNum

Acrylamid said:
Over a Barrel
Spike and the Chief talk about war.
The Chief and the Sheriff talk about war. (And Pinkie Pie, but that part doesn't count.)
The Chief and the Sheriff talk about peace and apple pies.

A Dog and Pony Show
The Diamond Dogs have two topics that they talk about. Gems and Rarity. The first one counts, the other one doesn't.

I'm trying to think of more male characters with big enough speaking parts to have a conversation with another male character. Snips and Snails don't count, because they just fawn over The Great and Powerful Trixie. Did Spike talk to the green dragon in Owls Well? I think he did, but the green didn't respond kindly.

UberTag

OMG Aero said:
I was trying to think of other examples and that gave me another thought, does Big Macintosh ever actually talk to a character that isn't Applejack? I can't even remember him talking to Granny Smith or Applebloom.
Perhaps Big Macintosh doesn't actually exist and is just an imaginary creation of an insane workaholic Applejack? :eek:

mash440

Neo Member
I just watched The Best Night Ever.... no more episodes...

I NEED MORE PONIES

On another note, in Scrubs, the janitor never talked to anyone else than JD in the first season, the writers were trying to write him in as a fictional fictional character.

Are you suggesting Big Macintosh is the same?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Today's Pony hunt update: Nada. Didn't make it in time 'cause we were rocking the company's swimming pool.

FUCKING GREAT WEATHER and great people, two of the few things which may actually be more fun that hunting ponies! Let's wait what tomorrow brings!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Oh, Foxix. I'm hating the sketch I did for you. I'm torn between scrapping the whole thing and do it over, or hope it will look better after vector conversion.
Foxix said:
Oh god. OH god.

OH GOD.
That's a degree of devotion I hope I never achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom