• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Hey, would it be possible for anyone to put the CoD4 logo behind Rainbowdash in this pic?

ponyfortress2qjjo.png

I can't remember guys GAF name who made these, but they're really great. Only problem is that I don't play TF2! :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Hey, I haven't posted fanart in a while, have I?

One makes pies; The other eats pies.

Another great sketch from Noel:

Celestia's Last Supper

And one for all you Scootalovers: Sonic Scootaboom!

Ark said:
Hey, would it be possible for anyone to put the CoD4 logo behind Rainbowdash in this pic?
But do you want it large or avatar-sized? That logo is kind of small...

2th said:
Ok PonyGAF time to help a brony out. I need a new lock screen image for my Samsung Focus. Looking for something dark or mostly black, preferably containing Rainbow Dash. Give me some good suggestions.

I use this as my iphone background, and I love it. Not sure if this is the right dimensions, but it should be easy enough for someone familiar with image editing programs to edit it:

Zu17b.jpg

OMG Aero

Ark said:
Best. Wallpaper. Ever.
There's a whole set of the main cast if anyone wants to use them as their wallpaper. I have all 6 set to randomly change every so often and they look pretty good.

The source is listed on Bronibooru as http://megasweet.deviantart.com but I can't find them on there and there are a lot of images showing up as blocked mature content for me, so you might see something you don't want to if you have mature content enabled on deviant art.

Ark

Myke Greywolf said:
Like this? (clicky)

This'll do, thanks :)

OMG Aero said:
There's a whole set of the main cast if anyone wants to use them as their wallpaper. I have all 6 set to randomly change every so often and they look pretty good.

The source is listed on Bronibooru as http://megasweet.deviantart.com but I can't find them on there and there are a lot of images showing up as blocked mature content for me, so you might see something you don't want to if you have mature content enabled on deviant art.

Ahhh these are cool. Although I much prefer the black background + Rainbowdash's hair.

2th

Banned
OMG Aero said:

If you can't resize it, just let me know the resolution and I'd be more than happy to do it for you.

while that is an awesome background, and is now my desktop background, i was hoping for something more like this for my phone http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pic/src/130702801257.png (way too big for the img tag)

the dimensions on the screen of the focus are 480x800 andi cant crop and keep proportions looking good at all so if you can help me there i would appreciate it. I havent decided though if i want the cutie mark dead center on my screen or off to bottom side slightly. So i guess ill just take whatever you feel generous enough to help me out with. that is if you dont mind. :)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
2th said:
while that is an awesome background, and is now my desktop background, i was hoping for something more like this for my phone http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pic/src/130702801257.png (way too big for the img tag)

the dimensions on the screen of the focus are 480x800 andi cant crop and keep proportions looking good at all so if you can help me there i would appreciate it. I havent decided though if i want the cutie mark dead center on my screen or off to bottom side slightly. So i guess ill just take whatever you feel generous enough to help me out with. that is if you dont mind. :)
Will this do? (clicky)

2th

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Will this do? (clicky)

simple yet elegant and awesome. if i decide to change the position of the cutie mark i think i can manage that in photoshop. So thanks!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jenga said:
if there is one thing you people are good, it's being extremely unfunny

like seriously, unfunny

all mlp macros are eye-rolling pieces of shit, and any and all references are contaminated by the mere touch of ponies

you people are so good at being unfunny and killing all humor, i must admit, it takes skill

kudos bronies, you are the death of happiness incarnate
DllEh.gif

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
edit oh god imgur wait a sec

how the hay are you doing those clickable thumbnails?
Yours are much better than mine. That's what I get for rushing it. ;)

I use: [#url=http://i.imgur.com/12345.png][#img]http://i.imgur.com/12345m.png[/img][/url]

(remove the #'s)

You can append s, m or l to the Imgur filenames to get small, medium or large thumbnails.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
On a Galaxy 3 I5800, currently using this one

and thinking about switching to

I need a nice Pinkie pic though, but didn't find anything out of the ordinary so far :/

2th

Banned
so i have been thinking... while i love this thread and the theme of "friendship is magic" i am, by nature, a cynical, misanthropic person, there needs to be a pony like this. I guess the best way, for the show that is, to do it would be some sort of character that is arrogant (not like Trixie at all btw), somewhat mean but still lovable and redeemed at the end. sort of a curmudgeon but cool. yeah... there needs to be a pony like this.

OMG Aero

Ark said:
Ahhh these are cool. Although I much prefer the black background + Rainbowdash's hair.
I agree that the black background one looks really good, so I thought I'd have a go at making black versions of the other pictures. Since the bodies don't intersect with the hair as much as the Rainbow Dash one, a lot of them look just like abstract shapes, but oh well.

I also tried out leaving the eyelashes on the pictures to see if it would stop them from just looking like shapes.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I tried exactly the same thing, even the second try with the eyelashes :D

Still not 'my' Pinkie so far :(

Uchip

Banned
2th said:
so i have been thinking... while i love this thread and the theme of "friendship is magic" i am, by nature, a cynical, misanthropic person, there needs to be a pony like this. I guess the best way, for the show that is, to do it would be some sort of character that is arrogant (not like Trixie at all btw), somewhat mean but still lovable and redeemed at the end. sort of a curmudgeon but cool. yeah... there needs to be a pony like this.

so you're the griffon then

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

There, I made one myself :) Still not sure about it, but I guess I'll try for now ^^
If someone needs this cropped to a specific size, just say so.

2th

Banned
Uchip said:
so you're the griffon then

No no no. Gilda was not redeemed at all and neither was Trixie. Which is why i dont like them really. Needs to be a new character that finds redemption and acceptance by the mane cast. (also i find it very difficult to say "mane" for this show instead of main. i must get over the grammar nazi within i suppose.)

Articalys

Damn, Myke, that was amazing. Thanks a bunch, not just for the response but also for taking it so seriously, and yes, I did actually read all of it.
I'll admit, even with no interest in the show I had an interest in the fanbase (probably remnants of some college sociology class or something), so I kept the occasional eye on this thread even after it got bumped out of OT, just to see what kind of shenanigans would persist in your "off-season." Honestly I'm still surprised people are clamoring for more of the show, and despite Faust's claims that she initially made the show for everyone, I believe it was originally aimed at the tween market, with lots of peripheral humor to keep parents interested, but just got really lucky when 4chan found it and brought it to the internet's attention. Has there even been any news on how successful it was with the intended demographic, or did the internet response completely overwhelm the original purpose?
Anyway, I'm sorry to say the pony barrier is too high for me to be a fan but I guess it's good you all enjoy the show and found your happy place... or something... whatever.
Just try not to use this stuff purely for the sake of riling people up outside of pony topics when you return to OT for the second season or whatnot and we should all be good.

jogarrr said:
What's the news?
Can't transfer saves from DSiware games from your DSi. The whole cash based system is exactly like the points based system. Once DSiware games are transferred they are automatically deleted from your DSi, among other things.
But they did improve some things though, I'm just a bit disappointed.
Thanks parappa, that helped :)

Negator

Articalys said:
Just try not to use this stuff purely for the sake of riling people up outside of pony topics when you return to OT for the second season or whatnot and we should all be good.

We never intend for that to happen, but people tend to rile themselves up for no good reason upon seeing ponies. It's the ones outside of PonyGAF that tend to use ponies to troll others. We would just like to use appropriate pony related image macros just like everyone else's appropriate non-pony related image macros.

Articalys

Negator said:
We never intend for that to happen, but people tend to rile themselves up for no good reason upon seeing ponies. It's the ones outside of PonyGAF that tend to use ponies to troll others. We would just like to use appropriate pony related image macros just like everyone else's appropriate non-pony related image macros.
So it's a few loose cannons and false imitators, pretty much? Fair enough, sorry that has to happen to your fanbase. Personally I love that one with the rainbow slowly causing this ridiculously huge grin, and its reversed version.

FoxSpirit

Amibguous Cad said:
I use this as my iphone background, and I love it. Not sure if this is the right dimensions, but it should be easy enough for someone familiar with image editing programs to edit it:

Zu17b.jpg

Wow, is there a bigger version of that?

tiff

Banned
mazeedibeedi said:
Can't transfer saves from DSiware games from your DSi. The whole cash based system is exactly like the points based system. Once DSiware games are transferred they are automatically deleted from your DSi, among other things.
lol Nintendo still doesn't get online.

Calpain

Articalys said:
Has there even been any news on how successful it was with the intended demographic, or did the internet response completely overwhelm the original purpose?
From what I have heard the show has done well with it's demographic from the Neilsen results I have seen. One of the animators for the show also mentioned suits from Hasbro or the network telling the staff the show is one of the top rated if not thee top rated show on the network. Since most of the adult fanbase doesn't get the Hub and considering the show aired at a time when most of us couldn't watch it live anyway I would assume they were talking about ratings from their target demo.

With that knowledge I'd say they're doing pretty well. Let's just hope they don't screw it up.:) Oh, and thanks for being so civil! If only everyone who didn't find the show to be their thing acted like you things would be a heck of a lot more pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom