• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
ill hit my deepest darkest folder and find something special to bring us together with when we get back. :3

I look forward to averting my eyes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pandaman said:
ill hit my deepest darkest folder and find something special to bring us together with when we get back. :3

imyYem.jpg

I can't wait ;)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
Oooooh, you're next on my list, buddy!

Bufbaf said:
wait that came out wrong
What, you mean I don't get to do any more ponies?

Narag said:
That .gif reminds me there are still a few episodes I haven't seen yet. It's like the season never ended for me!
I envy you so much!

Negator

I better not see any grey names after this thread comes back up!

Though I am glad that Ookami-kun necro'd that ancient thread.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:
Colgate Romana pic
Man, this part of fanon really annoys me. "Colgate"? With a hourglass cutie mark? Really, FiMfans?

I like the style, though. Reminds me of John Kricfalusi.

Calpain said:
Anyhow, here's a couple cool pics for you guys

Now this is fantastic.

Myke Greywolf said:
Man, this part of fanon really annoys me. "Colgate"? With a hourglass cutie mark? Really, FiMfans?
I have seen more rage at this idea than any other silly fanart meme. Also despite my prediction for posting said fanart, I honestly have no idea what the behind this is, other than the fact that she is a background pony that vaguely looks like toothpaste. Is it annoying because people dubbed her "colgate" and it's a lazy joke, or is there some hidden reason for rage?

Also while we're at it, what is the deal with "Dinky"? I vaguely assume everything that flies under my radar originates in some fanfic somewhere.

Also I may need to wait until after e3 for an answer!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:
I have seen more rage at this idea than any other silly fanart meme. Also despite my prediction for posting said fanart, I honestly have no idea what the behind this is, other than the fact that she is a background pony that vaguely looks like toothpaste. Is it annoying because people dubbed her "colgate" and it's a lazy joke, or is there some hidden reason for rage?
Nah, it's just that. Let's explore the alternatives, as silly as it may be:

1 - Tail looks like toothpaste. Let's call her Colgate after a well known brand of toothpaste.
2 - Has a hourglass cutie mark like Dr. Whoof, but is a female. Let's call her Romana after a Time Lady from that same show.

I know what sounds cooler to me. I wouldn't call it rage, it's just eye-roll inducing.

meltingparappa said:
Also while we're at it, what is the deal with "Dinky"? I vaguely assume everything that flies under my radar originates in some fanfic somewhere.
I don't know, they just associated that particular filly with Derpy because of the similar color scheme. I think it's cute, even if just for the fact that we've rarely seen any parent-offspring relationships in the show.

Calpain

meltingparappa said:

Also I may need to wait until after e3 for an answer!

From what I know of fandom lore, Dinky is based on a little unicorn that appears briefly in the Winter Wrap Up song. She can be seen in the scene where you see two fillies hopping with the rabbits. The one with the purplish coat and yellow hair I believe is the one that is supposed to be Dinky, and they made Dinky Derpy's kid due to the somewhat similar color schemes and hair style.

I might be completely wrong though, but that is what I remember hearing. Anyhow, off to work so when I get back Community will probably be closed. Have a great couple days until Community comes back up you guys!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Calpain said:
From what I know of fandom lore, Dinky is based on a little unicorn that appears briefly in the Winter Wrap Up song. She can be seen in the scene where you see two fillies hopping with the rabbits. The one with the purplish coat and yellow hair I believe is the one that is supposed to be Dinky, and they made Dinky Derpy's kid due to the somewhat similar color schemes and hair style.

I might be completely wrong though, but that is what I remember hearing.
I think you're right, from what I've seen and read. :)

Negator said:
If you're worried about missing something from the Microsoft conference, don't worry. You missed absolutely fucking nothing. NOTHING.

Indeed. It was just Kinect, Kinect, Kinect, Xbox Kill, Kinect, Kinect, Kinect.
Oh also
CoD MW3 - Stage Demo, Tomb Raider - World Premier Stage Demo, Mass Effect 3 - Teaser, Gears of War 3 - Stage Demo, Halo CE Aniversary - Reveal Trailer and Halo 4 teaser (part 1 of a new trilogy).

Chuck

Still without luck
I almost posted the Rainbow Dash laughing GIF in the Microsoft thread, but then I got scared. Probably good that I did.

And why did they have to kill our beautiful avatars?
konFr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom