• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
This is just an offseason thread, let's leave such plans for the season 2 thread, when we get back to Off-Topic.

For now, a little help would be appreciated. I'm terribly afraid of leaving out important stuff, so if people can give some feedback on the WIP document, I'd be very grateful.

It would also be excellent if everyone left some links to fan works that they think deserve a place in the offseason |OT| OP.
I can't tell if you guys are joking about having a massive OP but I don't think there's any reason why an OP should be more than two posts at max. OPs that consist of loads of full posts or hundreds of images are terrible.
On the topic of your actual post Myke, it looks pretty good to me. The only important thing I see missing from it is a short bit about why we all like this show. Granted, you are probably going to put that in the FAQ part, but since it is the first thing anyone wants to know when they first see this thread maybe it could be good at the top of the post?
Also some links to the tinychat and synchtube and info about them would be nice in the community section.

McNum

OMG Aero said:
I can't tell if you guys are joking about having a massive OP but I don't think there's any reason why an OP should be more than two posts at max. OPs that consist of loads of full posts or hundreds of images are terrible.
On the topic of your actual post Myke, it looks pretty good to me. The only important thing I see missing from it is a short bit about why we all like this show. Granted, you are probably going to put that in the FAQ part, but since it is the first thing anyone wants to know when they first see this thread maybe it could be good at the top of the post?
Also some links to the tinychat and synchtube and info about them would be nice in the community section.
I agree, I think that the intro should be an intro to the GAF Pony community much more than the intro from the pilot. This is the community thread, after all. And we need to find out what should be in the FAQ, starting probably with "My Little Pony? Are you serious?" as that probably IS the most frequently asked question.

EDIT: The last post in this thread should be a variant of Twilight's breakdown in Swarm of the Century, though. "We need to build an exact copy of the thread right over there! We got less than a minute!"

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I think a official thread in this case should be a good resource on what we are (as a community) and what we stand for (the show and fan work). As much as the community loves to push reasons why we like the show, most people that will end up here are going to be the ones that already know what is up. The character description and episode analysis is great, but the whole introduction at top seems a bit unnecessary. Heck, we big fans only look into that for some crackpot theories.

Otherwise, it's shaping up great. Link up where one could watch the show: The Hub (either on the site or it's airing times (I know it is on 8:30, 13:30, and 18:30 weekdays; 8:00 and 8:30 Saturdays), Youtube channels, also our own weekly Synchtube ran by OMG Aero. Also talking about subcommunities, link our tiny chat.

Link to the creators and post what they think of the fandom.

If you would want some help on some stuff, just PM me. I could link up some stuff, but otherwise I'm kind of busy right now to provide more then just a foundation.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:

Bolded parts are now done, thanks! :)

Of course I'm not thinking of having the next thread OP be 20 posts long, but I'm planning for it to be considerably more elaborate than this one, time and collaboration from everyone permitting that.

n8BitMan said:
Link up where one could watch the show: The Hub (either on the site or it's airing times (I know it is on 8:30, 13:30, and 18:30 weekdays; 8:00 and 8:30 Saturdays), Youtube channels, also our own weekly Synchtube ran by OMG Aero. Also talking about subcommunities, link our tiny chat.

Link to the creators and post what they think of the fandom.

If you would want some help on some stuff, just PM me. I could link up some stuff, but otherwise I'm kind of busy right now to provide more then just a foundation.
I'm sorry, but since I don't live in the US, I don't feel qualified to supply information about airings over there. If someone can fill in with complete information for me, I'd be very grateful.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
I'm sorry, but since I don't live in the US, I don't feel qualified to supply information about airings over there. If someone can fill in with complete information for me, I'd be very grateful.
:)

The Hub
Launched: October 10, 2010
Site l My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Airtime for Summer(check you local provider for channel listing)
Weekdays (Monday to Friday):
8:30 AM, 1:30 PM, 6:30 PM
EST if that means anything, not sure
Saturday:
8:00 AM, 8:30AM
Sunday:
9:30 AM

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
Gahahahaha. Where the hell did that even come from?

Welp, I like My Little Pony now, time to board up my doors and windows and file for disability, as I like the show too much to leave the house!
Feels weird seeing a social conservative like him beg Canada to invade us.

Foxix Von

RomanticHeroX said:
Fox News disapproves? Sounds like vindicaiton to me.
Good enough for me!

Also, some stuff a friend on facebook drew. I keep bumping into bronies everywhere! Oh and I'll hopefully have a very dumb surprise in a few day >:3

mj1108

The Season 2 OP needs a link to the new Hub commercial calling out Bronies and PON-3.

The OP looks like it's coming along well. The fact that it's being started now, it should be epic once it's done.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PhoenixDark said:
When does S2 start?

One of us, one of us, one of us.

I've heard both December and September, sometime in fall 2011 basically.

McNum

ThreeSix said:
I'm guessing they saw the one guy from the Wired article and just made up their own conclusions about how the rest of the fan base because of how he looks. You know, it's Fox News, so journalistic integrity is optional.
And by "optional", we mean "banned".

Seriously, it's just FOX. They don't even deserve a response other than scornful dismissal.

tiff

Banned
CcrooK said:
So have any of you filed for disability yet? Where the fuck did that all come from with that Glover guy. lol
He graduated from the NeoGAF school of thought. Someone likes something not strictly intended for their age/gender group -> That person is a manbaby -> They collect disability for being a manbaby

ThreeSix said:
I'm guessing they saw the one guy from the Wired article and just made up their own conclusions about how the rest of the fan base because of how he looks. You know, it's Fox News, so journalistic integrity is optional.
He's talking out of his ass to better enrage the "deadbeats takin my money" constituency of Fox. I know the original man baby was collecting disability, though not for being an adult baby, as he claimed. The brony thing I'm sure he pulled put of his ass.

tiff

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
I know the original man baby was collecting disability, though not for being an adult baby, as he claimed.
I thought he was? I remember him not actually having a legitimate disability that prevented him from working (he even held a job before).

Proelite

I don't about you guys, but the Fox guy is right.

I can't focus at work anyways because I need to be checking up on MLP every minute. I think I am going to lose my job soon.

So, how much do they give for unemployment benefits these days? I want to stay home and become a man-baby.

I'm pretty sure the next step after a Fox News editorial is having a Law and Order "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES" episode.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I think it'll be SPECTACULAR.

McNum

meltingparappa said:
I'm pretty sure the next step after a Fox News editorial is having a Law and Order "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES" episode.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I think it'll be SPECTACULAR.
A man choked to death by being forcefed off-brand toy ponies. A sinister conspiracy hiding behind liking a children's cartoon, using codewords taken from the cartoon in casual to order murders. So basically, a documentary.

The word is "neigh-sayer". You know what to do.

Proelite

I think we should make a montage of bronies in real life, stating our occupation, age, sex, marriage situation, education status, and the fact that we watch MLP.

Choppasmith said:
FANTASTIC Editing. Great job. I would try my hand at making one of those, but I have no idea what movie I could do.

Speaking of doing videos. I just finished one I'm proud of. Would you believe my first Pony video AND my first Sony Vegas video was a DJ P0N-3 video using TWEWY music?

I've come a LONG way since then (just a couple months) Better footage and more editing experience. So here's ANOTHER DJ P0N-3 video with TWEWY music, but done a little differently than other Vinyl Scratch videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8F3FtL755k
AMAZING. Love TWEWY and 3 minutes clapping :D

Foxix Von

Proelite said:
I think we should make a montage of bronies in real life, stating our occupation, age, sex, marriage situation, education status, and the fact that we watch MLP.

Heeeyyy you know what? That's actually kind of cool. If we do something like that I'd definitely like to contribute :D

brian577

Banned
Greetings Ponygafers!
First time poster here, been lurking the board for the past few months waiting for my account to activate. I've noticed some other new members have popped up over the last few days but no one bothered to do pony rankings so I though I would:

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Fluttershy
3. Pinkie Pie
4. Twilight
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Top 5 episodes

1. Sonic Rainboom
2. Winter Wrap Up
3. Dragonshy
4. Feeling Pinkie Keen
5. The Cutiemark Chronicles

Top 5 Songs

1. Winter Wrap Up
2. At the Gala
3. Hush Now Quiet Now
4. So Many Wonders
5. Singing Telegram

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
brian577 said:
Greetings Ponygafers!
First time poster here, been lurking the board for the past few months waiting for my account to activate. I've noticed some other new members have popped up over the last few days but no one bothered to do pony rankings so I though I would:

It seems you've mixed up Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash but I'll forgive you (this time) because of your love of Winter Wrap Up.

Edit: Remember that soundboard posted a couple pages ago? Well it just got updated!

http://kyrospawn.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FIM-soundboard-V2-1-213310684

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
brian577 said:
1. Rainbow Dash
2. Fluttershy
6. Applejack
you are a good person.

Pankaks said:
It seems you've mixed up Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash but I'll forgive you (this time) because of your love of Winter Wrap Up.
ive come to accept that flutterdash can be #1 or #2 as long as they are both.

burningranger

Neo Member
Holy smokes I have posting access finally.

Hey guys, this is burningranger from the ponygaf chat where you might have seen me. Been a lurker for a few months now but finally have posting access so you'll hopefully be seeing me a bit more on here now.

The icon I'm using a I saw several pages back in the thread and really liked it, and since I didn't see anyone else jump on using it, I figured it'd be okay to utilize if the original creator doesn't mind.

A friend of mine brought me onto the series back in March and have watched it consistently since.

I'm also a user mod on the IGN forums, so you won't have to worry about me being a bad user or anything. I just wish I had some discernible drawing skills or something to be able to contribute something a bit more to this thread.

Pancakes

Welcome Ranger!

5q7MBh.png

Well, I better get on here before the topic reaches 20k. ...You people. YOU PEOPLE, no, it was not the Wii-U, not the 3DS, PSVita, not TF2 or the master race. IT was YOU who got me to stop lurking and join the GAF. I hope your happy. This show has probably destroyed my psyche and mental health, and made (Yes, made me) me join GAF.
...In other news, I'm pretty happy. Alright, now that that is out of the way- This is not the end all of shows. In fact, I'm surprised the hype this show garners hasn't killed the fanbase. It's a good show, a damn good show about little cartoon ponies. But outside of that, a lot of people have ridiculous amounts of praise for the show that tends to be unwarranted. Things like the animation, music, acting, and what not do have tons of small touches that do deserve praise- but the hype is downright unreal for the show. ... I don't know where I'm really going with this. I will say this show has been one hell of a boom for artists and musicians, and I really can get behind that. Hell, I'd like to try my hand (or hoof, if you want to go about the puns) at drawing characters and what not, but don't have feasible materials (proper paper/scanner) and I am terrible with my mouse for drawing.
Oh, in case anyone's actually wondering- I've been on the past few Synctubes. But my Username is too long, so I go by my email, Jameshop92. Was doing the Synctubes before joining GAF.

/\ That comic is funny.
Though, is it me, or are the Amish treated rather insultingly in the show? I mean, hell, I'm as far from the Amish as lazily possible, but all they did is move rocks. Move rocks- hardly seems productive, hm?

Calpain

Once again, welcome to all the new members! Our ranks continue to swell it seems. I hope you all enjoy your time here.

Proelite said:
This actually sounds pretty cool and I would be willing to participate in it. As for the OP, it's looking great! The only thing I might add to it is to add Ponycraft 2 to the video section as it is the most popular pony mashup I have seen and it made it's way through quite a few video game related sites.

Ponycraft 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom