• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
unintelligentgenius said:
Though, is it me, or are the Amish treated rather insultingly in the show? I mean, hell, I'm as far from the Amish as lazily possible, but all they did is move rocks. Move rocks- hardly seems productive, hm?
lets face it, the amish deserve to be insulted. when you get past the quaint horse drawn carriages and farmwork, they are a pretty horrifying institution.

Negator

I have a first draft of a My Little Pony Season 2 bingo with the help of many fine Gentlecolts from tinychat. Everything on the list should not be too likely or unlikely, but can possibly happen in Season 2.

My Little Pony season 2 Bingo

Free Space: Jenga trolls the thread
Luna Episode
Derpy Episode
Pinkamina Diane Pie returns
Trixie returns
CMC gets a Cutie Mark
Sea Ponies
Male pony main character
New female pony in mane cast
Episode in city away from Ponyville
Rainbow Dash gets a pet
Scootaloo & Rainbow Dash episode
Rainbow Dash sings a Solo
New fully grown dragon introduced
The Stare
Scootaloo's Family
Elements of Harmony jewelry
Obvious fan reference
Sondheim inspired song
Twilight loses control of her magic
New Celestia prized pupil rivalry
Gilda redemption
Celestia/Luna sings
Applejack character development episode
One of the mane cast falls in love

Negator said:
I have a first draft of a My Little Pony Season 2 bingo with the help of many fine Gentlecolts from tinychat. Everything on the list should not be too likely or unlikely, but can possibly happen in Season 2.

My Little Pony season 2 Bingo

Free Space: Jenga trolls the thread
Luna Episode
Derpy Episode
Pinkamina Diane Pie returns
Trixie returns
CMC gets a Cutie Mark
Sea Ponies
Male pony main character
New female pony in mane cast
Episode in city away from Ponyville
Rainbow Dash gets a pet
Scootaloo & Rainbow Dash episode
Rainbow Dash sings a Solo
New fully grown dragon introduced
The Stare
Scootaloo's Family
Elements of Harmony jewelry
Obvious fan reference
Sondheim inspired song
Twilight loses control of her magic
New Celestia prized pupil rivalry
Gilda redemption
Celestia/Luna sings
Applejack character development episode
One of the mane cast falls in love

This is punfull...

Calpain

ThreeSix said:
Agreed. Added it to the OP.

Also I feel like posting this again because it makes me laugh every time.

Thanks for adding it, Threesix! Also, that gif is hilarious, forgot that it existed.

burningranger

Neo Member
Thanks everyone for the welcome wishes. Glad I wasn't the only new guy to get approved today.

And for something to contribute to the thread, even though she's technically not my favorite pony (Twilight is), here's a silly RD gif:

4BC9p.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ahoyhoy said:
Welcome to the legit herd, ranger. Does that put all the chat lurkers with GAF accounts?
aww, you juniors and members think you're legit.
just like reddit.

thats adorable.

OMG Aero

Welcome to the forums all the new juniors!
brian577 said:
Top 5 episodes

1. Sonic Rainboom
2. Winter Wrap Up
3. Dragonshy
4. Feeling Pinkie Keen
5. The Cutiemark Chronicles

Top 5 Songs

1. Winter Wrap Up
2. At the Gala
3. Hush Now Quiet Now
4. So Many Wonders
5. Singing Telegram
You know, since you like Winter Wrap Up so much, you should make sure to join us for the Winter Wrap Up and Call of the Cutie Synchtube in 23 hours. [/plug]

brian577

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Welcome to the forums all the new juniors!

You know, since you like Winter Wrap Up so much, you should make sure to join us for the Winter Wrap Up and Call of the Cutie Synchtube in 23 hours. [/plug]
I've been to every Synctube session you've hosted, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Neki

2th said:
i only hate reddit. not lurkers/junior members. though i think to be considered a part of ponygaf you do need to contribute.
I don't contribute but I'm still part of Pony-GAF though? :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Proelite said:
I think we should make a montage of bronies in real life, stating our occupation, age, sex, marriage situation, education status, and the fact that we watch MLP.
I too think this may be a quite cool idea.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
PonyGAF, what's a good and free image editing software? I'm gonna make an OT for something in a few weeks and I want to pimp up some banners and paste the NeoGAF logo here and there.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
PonyGAF, what's a good and free image editing software? I'm gonna make an OT for something in a few weeks and I want to pimp up some banners and paste the NeoGAF logo here and there.
gimp

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I've always wondered.

All unicorns have some form of telekinesis right? It's just that they're more attuned in specific things (e.g. Rarity is more attuned in gems), whereas Twilight is like Jean Grey?

Cheerilee

Ookami-kun said:
Hmm I've always wondered.

All unicorns have some form of telekinesis right? It's just that they're more attuned in specific things (e.g. Rarity is more attuned in gems), whereas Twilight is like Jean Grey?
Rarity hasn't really learned any magic. Telekinesis would seem to be the easiest spell in MLP. A Unicorn Pony can make something happen by willing it to happen, but it can't do anything really complicated. Rarity stumbled upon the gem-detector spell without even knowing what it was, and doesn't look like she wants or needs to learn more.

Twilight has a massive power level, and an abnormally heavy education in it's use.

Trixie appears to have some degree of non-formal education.

Since Lyra followed Twilight from Canterlot to Ponyville in order to spy on Twilight for Celestia, she most likely had standard Canterlot-level magical education, but she obviously has less power and education than Twilight. Maybe some specialized spy training. She knows enough to do the cloudwalking spell so she could spy on Twilight's trip to Cloudsdale.

burningranger

Neo Member
I'd just assume canterlot uni's are probably more magical due to a lot of them attending the school there than their outside the city cousins, but that's just me. :p

Welcome new Bronies!

And thanks guys for the comments on my vid. Means a lot.

So, wasn't it Forrester who said we didn't have enough ST Pony Parodies...

psobf.png

Funny story with this pic. My sister and I were watching TNG the other day, it was the episode "Disaster" where everything goes to hell on the ship and Picard is stuck with three kids. My sister and I were reminded of the CMC and we yelled out "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS STARFLEET OFFICERS! YAY!"

So on a whim, I posted a request last night on FIMchan and Madmax did it. Soo haaaappy.
TwilightYesYesYesYes.gif

Cheerilee

burningranger said:
I'd just assume canterlot uni's are probably more magical due to a lot of them attending the school there than their outside the city cousins, but that's just me. :p
I think that Canterlot used to be a Unicorn Pony city, the way Cloudsdale is for Pegasus Ponies and Ponyville was for Earth Ponies.

After Celestia had her first battle with Nightmare Moon, she abandoned "The Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters" (the first place Nightmare Moon went after escaping) and parked her royal flag in the center of the Unicorn Pony town (until she found Twilight), converting it into a Capital.

ruby_onix said:
Since Lyra followed Twilight from Canterlot to Ponyville in order to spy on Twilight for Celestia, she most likely had standard Canterlot-level magical education, but she obviously has less power and education than Twilight. Maybe some specialized spy training. She knows enough to do the cloudwalking spell so she could spy on Twilight's trip to Cloudsdale.
Every time I see Twilight pouring hot sauce in the thread I look forward to reading something like this. :D

Also, welcome Ranger and other new members!

brian577

Banned
Had an interesting theory, could it be that Celestia created her school for the sole purpose of finding The Element of Magic? With the upcoming anniversary of her sister's banishment she probably knew it wouldn't be long before it manifested.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I started working on the header art for the OT2 and would like some feedback on this WIP. I've also uploaded the .PSD file incase someone more talented would like to make some changes to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xgkqdfzo573n1i

X4w3Fl.jpg

Pandaman said:
lunaXbig mac is pretty hot....
nsfw:
http://i.imgur.com/vlrUo.png

Why is this making me hungry?! What is wrong with me!

Edit: What do you guys think about section breaks like these?

20Pcf.png

sNiyI.png

OMG Aero

Pankaks said:
So I started working on the header art for the OT2 and would like some feedback on this WIP. I've also uploaded the .PSD file incase someone more talented would like to make some changes to it.
Looks nice but there's a typo in the word out.
Also I can't remember who it was but pages and pages ago someone made a version of the title with the NeoGAF logo in it like in that banner but the logo span around and it looked really good. Maybe if someone could find that you could put that on the image instead make it animated.

Neki

OMG Aero said:
Looks nice but there's a typo in the word out.
Also I can't remember who it was but pages and pages ago someone made a version of the title with the NeoGAF logo in it like in that banner but the logo span around and it looked really good. Maybe if someone could find that you could put that on the image instead make it animated.
an animated banner would be awesome, in tribute to all our awesome GIFs. we need to make sure to include all of ahoy's gifs maybe! :D

Wasn't sure how this would fit into the new OT, but I wanted to make a parody of the original MVC3 teaser trailer but instead have the words:

"AFTER A SUMMER OF WAITING... THE INTERNET'S GREATEST PHENOMENON CONTINUES!"

Shrug, I was mostly waiting to see if we Hasbro wanted to release a trailer of new footage closer to the premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom