• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
http://i.imgur.com/0LpeE.jpg
I'll call your Celestia and raise a Pinkie, a Rarity and a Fluttershy.
R40HE.jpg

ruby_onix said:
Rarity hasn't really learned any magic. Telekinesis would seem to be the easiest spell in MLP. A Unicorn Pony can make something happen by willing it to happen, but it can't do anything really complicated. Rarity stumbled upon the gem-detector spell without even knowing what it was, and doesn't look like she wants or needs to learn more.

Twilight has a massive power level, and an abnormally heavy education in it's use.

Trixie appears to have some degree of non-formal education.

Since Lyra followed Twilight from Canterlot to Ponyville in order to spy on Twilight for Celestia, she most likely had standard Canterlot-level magical education, but she obviously has less power and education than Twilight. Maybe some specialized spy training. She knows enough to do the cloudwalking spell so she could spy on Twilight's trip to Cloudsdale.
Is spy Lyra fanon now? 'Cause that's awesome.

Bakphoon

Im mad... tinychat wont connect me.
The second tinychat connects me without problems, though.

edit: still dont work :( see you on synchtube then

Wolf Akela said:
Just finished watching the whole season. Last ep wasn't that great. Princess Celestia's reaction was just random. =(
tallestia_by_seniorpony-d3h4x44.png

I liked Party of One more than The Gala

And hiyooooo to the Gala cosplayers.
I thought you didn't post human ponies Forester? D:

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pankaks said:
So I started working on the header art for the OT2 and would like some feedback on this WIP. I've also uploaded the .PSD file incase someone more talented would like to make some changes to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xgkqdfzo573n1i

http://i.imgur.com/X4w3Fl.jpg

Why is this making me hungry?! What is wrong with me!

Edit: What do you guys think about section breaks like these?

http://i.imgur.com/20Pcf.png
http://i.imgur.com/sNiyI.png
I really like the work you're showing here. I have some custom Belle Eve artwork I'm working on for this, as I showed you yesterday, and I'd like to see if you're able to integrate it into your picture.

As for the section breaks, they look great, particularly the font selection, but maybe make them a tad smaller?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Myke Greywolf said:
I really like the work you're showing here. I have some custom Belle Eve artwork I'm working on for this, as I showed you yesterday, and I'd like to see if you're able to integrate it into your picture.

As for the section breaks, they look great, particularly the font selection, but maybe make them a tad smaller?

Sure thing, let me know when you have it done and I'll try to find a place for her.

In case anyone wanted the font: http://www.purpletinker.com/fonts/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I've worked on section breaks too, don't know if you want them for the OT2 or if I should work harder to get them perfect until OT3 in Smalltalk ^^

lfm8v.png

only one "done" so far, though, but i've got ideas for all of them :p

Bufbaf said:
I've worked on section breaks too, don't know if you want them for the OT2 or if I should work harder to get them perfect until OT3 in Smalltalk ^^

lfm8v.png

Wow, that's very well done. Bravo!

2th

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Technically isn't he undead?

not really... he has never killed me in the first place.

and also why dont we use the HYPE image with belle jumping around for the banner? She could be jumping around the MLP logo... or even around anything. that gif works on so many levels.

2th

Banned
Pandaman said:
you spent 2-3 days buried underground.
and that was in your own comic.

you sufficated, zombro.

pony magic, breathing device staged in the coffin in the first place, zen meditation slowing my heartbeat and respiration to a crawl in order to conserve oxygen.... should i go on? i mean there are several other ways i could have survived :p

OMG Aero

Just a reminder that the Winter Wrap Up and Call of the Cutie Synchtube starts in about 40 minutes. Since Winter Wrap up is this week, all of the fan videos are either original Pony songs, remixes or music videos and if you like fan music then I have extra bonus for you after the stream ends.

Bufbaf said:

http://i.imgur.com/lfm8v.png

That looks really nice, though I would try and get the height of it down if there are going to be a lot of them in the OP.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2th said:
pony magic, breathing device staged in the coffin in the first place, zen meditation slowing my heartbeat and respiration to a crawl in order to conserve oxygen.... should i go on? i mean there are several other ways i could have survived :p
you're forgetting something important. surviving in the coffin isn't really the problem. the problem is you typically have to be dead to get into the coffin. :p

Any time I see words I hate I instantly add them to my vocabulary, apparently out of self-spite. It's already happened with totes, it'll probably happen with adorbs.

2th

Banned
Pandaman said:
you're forgetting something important. surviving in the coffin isn't really the problem. the problem is you typically have to be dead to get into the coffin. :p

Pony magic, Zen meditation, wasn't actually me. Do I need to go in...again.

Nishastra

Banned
It has statues of sexy ant ladies. What more do you need?

I'm loving it. Some of the levels get a bit long, but it's a beautiful game with ludicrous amounts of atmosphere, some fairly serious platforming, and combat that requires you to pay attention and not mash buttons.

I've only taken three screenshots for some reason, but here's my favorite of them (ignoring the ant lady) :p

I'm enjoying it so far. It's a bit more about atmosphere than gameplay. It's not that I don't enjoy the gameplay, I think it's really solid and good, it's just that I can see someone not thinking it's enough.

The most similar game I can think of that I played recently is Darksiders. I do think the combat feels nicer than Darksiders did. The dodging is more immediate, wheras in DS you actually had to get out of the way. I also feel like the camera is nicer than in DS. Alice is much more platforming focused, and doesn't have nearly as much Zelda trappings as DS.

It just looks amazing. I got the weird EA pack thing on origin, and was flabbergasted at the amount of details on the costumes. One version of Alice has rotating gears for eyes that you can see during gameplay. It kinda blew me away.

Calpain

Captain Fish said:
I'm enjoying it so far. It's a bit more about atmosphere than gameplay. It's not that I don't enjoy the gameplay, I think it's really solid and good, it's just that I can see someone not thinking it's enough.

The most similar game I can think of that I played recently is Darksiders. I do think the combat feels nicer than Darksiders did. The dodging is more immediate, wheras in DS you actually had to get out of the way. I also feel like the camera is nicer than in DS. Alice is much more platforming focused, and doesn't have nearly as much Zelda trappings as DS.

It just looks amazing. I got the weird EA pack thing on origin, and was flabbergasted at the amount of details on the costumes. One version of Alice has rotating gears for eyes that you can see during gameplay. It kinda blew me away.

Sounds really good, Fish and Nish. I might just have to give it a shot once I get through my current backlog.

In other news, MLP shows up in a segment on NPR called Bluff the Listener. Kind of funny if you don't take what they say seriously.
Bluff the Listener Transcript

tiff

Banned
I'm not too big on atmosphere-heavy games but as long as the gameplay's good it sounds like it's something to read more into.

Can't really afford anything since I just bought Agarest Zero a few days ago, but maybe I'll pick it up on sale later.

Cheerilee

Amibguous Cad said:
Is spy Lyra fanon now? 'Cause that's awesome.
Spy Lyra is something that seemed obvious to me before I learned of the fanon. When I looked her up, all I found in regards to her stalking of Twilight was an occasional dismissive footnote. The fanon seemed infinitely more concerned with her sexual orientation.

I think spy Lyra should be part of any good Celestia-based speculation. Twilight is easily Celestia's biggest asset in 1000 years. Regardless of Twilight's absolute loyalty and obedience and daily reports, you have to put a spy on something that important.

Lyra's personal life and sexual orientation have no bearing on my belief that she's a spy. Anything the fanon says about her employment or reasons for travel is part of a cover story.

DrForester said:
Would.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Made some changes to the banner, thoughts?
(Click for full size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom