• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
brian577 said:
Rule34b, if it exists, there is Pony of it.
http://bronyshow.com/

3efac954bd811c4d0075f4e40384fc3a.png

And how!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Had a dream last night completely unrelated to MLP.

There were three ponies in it. I have never watched MLP.

What the fuck have you guys done to me?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tomat said:

i76u8.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tomat said:

9NCAT.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
My wife's Great and Powerful Trixie plushie is finally complete!

s0d8z.jpg

VTH7Z.jpg

This was a handful for both of us, but I think the result is pretty awesome. Buying fabrics and wigs through the Internet is always a risk, because you never know if the color you're going to get is exactly the one you thought you saw in the item description. :p
lol, holy shit @ the comments in Equestria Daily:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/greatest-most-powerful-trixie-plushie.html#comments

Listening to the Bronyville podcast... holy shit @ 17 minutes in:

Hey Bronyville. Love the show. Just thought I should share my interesting night last night.
I was returning home from the grocery store late last night when I got pulled over my a cop for speeding (52 in a 45 zone). I had my pony playlist playing on my iPod through the speaker so I turned it down. Well, I thought I turned it down at least. As I was pulling out my registration for the officer, the My Little Pony theme started playing softly but loud enough for the officer to hear. The officer just started at me for what felt like a minute and then asked "Who is the best pony?". I looked at him for a bit and said, "Rainbow Dash, officer.". He smiled and said "I'll let you off with a warning this time but I'll keep my eye out for you. If I catch you again, no more friendship" and he walked back to his car. I was awestruck at what just happened. I just looked back and watched the officer get in his car and drive off to make sure this wasn't a prank. When he drive past I saw him mouth "FOREVER" while looking at me. After he drove past, I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled broadly. Just as Pinkie Planed. I only said Rainbow Dash because he looked like a Dash fan. Rarity for life.
~Bryce

hahahahahaha

Neki

Jintor said:
I hate that the cynic in me refuses to believe that those stories are true

BUT WHO CARES they're great

simmer down and have faith in the pony fans! who would make a story over the internet to gain recognition from people they'll never meet?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Captain Fish said:
This time I used this Layer Mask guide I found on ponychan, and it was a lot easier. Colours>Threshold in GIMP was perfect for pulling out the line art. When I was done with the line colours, I just inverted the mask and made a new layer for the fills. It worked like a charm. I know next to nothing about GIMP/photoshop, so all this image stuff has been a new to me.

Oh wow, thank you very much! I had a different method, bit this one is a million times cleaner and simpler. I tried to quickly test it and

2VKvo.png

it works :)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Bufbaf said:
Oh wow, thank you very much! I had a different method, bit this one is a million times cleaner and simpler. I tried to quickly test it and

2VKvo.png

it works :)
Wait, what?

But that method is only meant for if you don't have transparent line art on-hand.

Otherwise, why go through all of that when you can just lock transparent pixels?

You can see pixel-thin black outlines within your colored outlines :( Not to mention, that tutorial image was lambasted in a reply that followed in the art thread that was linked a few pages back.

what's going on with tinychat?

Ellis Kim

Banned
Jintor said:
Lock transparent pixels + go over lineart by hand

It's a pain in the ass but it's worth it
Its even easier if you draw everything on separate layers with coloring in mind (which is a practice you should employ regardless). The only problem with that is the hassle that comes with juggling between dozens of layers.

Myke Greywolf said:
My wife's Great and Powerful Trixie plushie is finally complete!

s0d8z.jpg

VTH7Z.jpg

This was a handful for both of us, but I think the result is pretty awesome. Buying fabrics and wigs through the Internet is always a risk, because you never know if the color you're going to get is exactly the one you thought you saw in the item description. :p

That is seriously stellar work, Myke. I'd totally buy several from you if I could.

This time I used this Layer Mask guide I found on ponychan, and it was a lot easier. Colours>Threshold in GIMP was perfect for pulling out the line art. When I was done with the line colours, I just inverted the mask and made a new layer for the fills. It worked like a charm. I know next to nothing about GIMP/photoshop, so all this image stuff has been a new to me.

I'll have to try this myself, thanks!

Oh so that trip I mentioned a few pages back is tomorrow, I'll be sure to take pics and let you guys know. Thanks again for the suggestions and pics.

That FIM fighting game is coming along very nicely. The animation looks really fluid and true to the show... and I love the Granny Smith skin on Applejack =P

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
Wait, what?

But that method is only meant for if you don't have transparent line art on-hand.

Otherwise, why go through all of that when you can just lock transparent pixels?

You can see pixel-thin black outlines within your colored outlines :( Not to mention, that tutorial image was lambasted in a reply that followed in the art thread that was linked a few pages back.

what's going on with tinychat?

lalala i cant hear youu lalalala

No seriously, it's supposed to be just a sketch, I'm putting way too much work into it ;)
I'm usually always using layers like crazy, but never quite got into masks and stuff like locking, color modes, and combining masks and layers, so I'm happy for every new thing I learn ;)

Edit: That picture is fucking awesome.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Jintor said:

/Is turning out fantastic. The animation is really at professional level. It helps that these characters aren't as visually complex as the ones in most fighters (even doujin ones), but even so, I'm very surprised at the dynamics and fluidity that the authors achieved.

//Shit, I lost it. You win.

///Excellent concept, amazing execution.

Bufbaf said:
lalala i cant hear youu lalalala
No seriously, it's supposed to be just a sketch, I'm putting way too much work into it ;)
I'm usually always using layers like crazy, but never quite got into masks and stuff like locking, color modes, and combining masks and layers, so I'm happy for every new thing I learn ;)
You have exactly the correct attitude about this, Buf. People may be tempted to think, "damn, he already spent more than 10 hours on this piece, is it really worth it?"

But they forget how much people like you and me are learning by doing it. Fandom just happens to be the spark to get us going. Tutorials may be useful to learn, but they aren't that interesting if you haven't actually found the problems they were made to solve.

By the way, I use color select on black in the beginning and then I save it as a mask. I'm really thinking that I should have another mask that is an inversion of that one, instead of having to deal with stupid color thresholds while filling areas.

And here's a nice comic (clicky):

Ellis Kim

Banned
lol, what is going on with Pinkie's mouth in that first frame

@Jintor: is your style based on any particular artist? I'm reminded of how hiimdaisy does her stuff.

Also, that dinky hooves comic is just depressing.

Jintor

I flick wildly between styles at the drop of a hat, but I do tend towards the more cartoonish. That pic at least is pretty inspired by Gigifritter (which is what peachi/hiimdaisy is calling herself these days)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Jintor said:
I flick wildly between styles at the drop of a hat, but I do tend towards the more cartoonish. That pic at least is pretty inspired by Gigifritter (which is what peachi/hiimdaisy is calling herself these days)
ah, I had no idea she was also known as gigifritter.

lol, fritter.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rewatching the episodes made me realize that Equestria is probably in the US, like Fillydelphia and Manehattan, as well as having bison natives. So is it set in the United Stables of A-mare-ica?

tiff

Banned
Hey Bronyville. Love the show. Just thought I should share my interesting night last night.
I was returning home from the grocery store late last night when I got pulled over my a cop for speeding (52 in a 45 zone). I had my pony playlist playing on my iPod through the speaker so I turned it down. Well, I thought I turned it down at least. As I was pulling out my registration for the officer, the My Little Pony theme started playing softly but loud enough for the officer to hear. The officer just started at me for what felt like a minute and then asked "Who is the best pony?". I looked at him for a bit and said, "Rainbow Dash, officer.". He smiled and said "I'll let you off with a warning this time but I'll keep my eye out for you. If I catch you again, no more friendship" and he walked back to his car. I was awestruck at what just happened. I just looked back and watched the officer get in his car and drive off to make sure this wasn't a prank. When he drive past I saw him mouth "FOREVER" while looking at me. After he drove past, I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled broadly. Just as Pinkie Planed. I only said Rainbow Dash because he looked like a Dash fan. Rarity for life.
~Bryce

Late I know but oh my god :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I would have booked him on charges for liking the worst Pony.

Jintor

Oooh, I badly want to go through the Game of Thrones threads in chronological order now

Man, the twist in the series is very well delivered, very understated but all the clues are staring you right in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom