• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanadeus

Banned
After careful consideration I have to conclude that my favorite episodes are:

1) The Show Stoppers
2) The Stare Master
3) Everything else

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Shanadeus said:
After careful consideration I have to conclude that my favorite episodes are:

1) The Cutie Crusaders
2) The Stare Master
3) Everything else
Number 1 doesn't compute, is it "Call of the Cutie" or "Show Stoppers"?

Whatever it is, you're really rowing against the fan tidal wave, there. The CMC's are hella cute, but most fans aren't very fond of the spotlight they've been given on those episodes.

I really like them, though. :)

Shanadeus

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Number 1 doesn't compute, is it "Call of the Cutie" or "Show Stoppers"?

Whatever it is, you're really rowing against the fan tidal wave, there. The CMC's are hella cute, but most fans aren't very fond of the spotlight they've been given on those episodes.

I really like them, though. :)
Ugh, can't remember the episode, but it's the one where they enter a talent show - so Show stoppers?
And I like their little adventures and the reactions they get from the regular cast.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Shanadeus said:
Ugh, can't remember the episode, but it's the one where they enter a talent show - so Show stoppers?
And I like their little adventures and the reactions they get from the regular cast.
It's "Show Stoppers". Just your luck, that's the most reviled episode by most of the fan base.

I find the final act just hilarious, though. It IS supposed to be a complete disaster.

Oh, and Scootaloo flapping her little wings while riding her scooter is just precious.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Watching the first two episodes, I was reminded that I have to give a speech in class on Monday and I hate terrible stage-fright. I wish I could laugh away my fears like Pinkie. /sigh

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
watched up to dragonshy today.

oh my god, fluttershy will be the death of me.
J9NFV.jpg

Wait until you get to "Stare Master".

Ruuppa

Huh. I saw this thread here ages ago, but didn't think anything special of it.

Today I noticed it's a megathread, and decided to check it out. I've now used 2 hours reading through the whole thing, it's been enthralling.

Taking the plunge after I finish some schoolwork.

Koomaster

Myke Greywolf said:
Shouldn't that be 'Vampony Slayer'? :p

Also to everyone knocking the original show; while it doesn't hold up today, you gotta remember it was an 80's cartoon. Adults weren't even really thought of like they are today with adult's only cartoons or cartoons that realize adults will probably be watching too. It was a different time, and for a little kid who was into MLP (me) the show was as awesome then as the new show is awesome now. ^_____^;

Pollux

So just to clarify...
nightmare moon only wants to have eternal night, but otherwise everything would be just the same...only at night? that doesn't sound so bad

i hate all of you for getting me to watch this show.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that Fluttershy is number one on my list. Between "Stare Master", "Bridle Gossip", "Sonic Rainboom", and "Dragonshy" the choice is clear. The creators are very consistent with her in the fact that they use her wings to emphasize her emotions. As Faust has said, she's more of an earth breed than a pegasus and I've found that she really only unfolds her wings when she's excited and she only flies out of sheer joy or absolute necessity. So much so, in fact, that I believe she's the only pegasus on the "animal" team in Winter Wrap-Up while the rest are in the sky clearing the weather. She's very much a polar opposite of Rainbow Dash although she's does have a "beast mode" which she has shown several times.

And don't forget Flutterguy. Just can't beat that.

zmoney said:
So just to clarify...
nightmare moon only wants to have eternal night, but otherwise everything would be just the same...only at night? that doesn't sound so bad
Except when the crops won't grow because they're not getting sunlight. THE HORROR!

Confused101 said:
Well, I've come to the conclusion that Fluttershy is number one on my list. Between "Stare Master", "Bridle Gossip", "Sonic Rainboom", and "Dragonshy" the choice is clear. The creators are very consistent with her in the fact that they use her wings to emphasize her emotions. As Faust has said, she's more of an earth breed than a pegasus and I've found that she really only unfolds her wings when she's excited and she only flies out of sheer joy or absolute necessity. So much so, in fact, that I believe she's the only pegasus on the "animal" team in Winter Wrap-Up while the rest are in the sky clearing the weather. She's very much a polar opposite of Rainbow Dash although she's does have a "beast mode" which she has shown several times.

And don't forget Flutterguy. Just can't beat that.
I mentioned it before the hectic derail, but I think it's cute as hell that she runs with everyone else but still flaps her wings while she does so, while Rainbow is just flying along side them. And I think she's scared of heights too, as she didn't want to go up the steep mountain in Dragonshy.

For me, it's a tie between her and Pinkie as best character, with Twilight just behind them.

eXistor said:
Seems like a cool show, I'm definitely gonna check it out soon, but why did it have to be flash! Looks cheaper than it should.
You're one of the very few that has problems with the art / animation style. I think it's perfect; neatly animated and illustrated while not inhibiting expression of emotion. And the colour palette is great as well.

eXistor

Seems like a cool show, I'm definitely gonna check it out soon, but why did it have to be flash! Looks cheaper than it should.

UberTag

"Why is this My Little Pony thread continuously on Page 1 of the Off-Topic forum?"
"Why are there pony avatars everywhere?"
<enters thread>
"Oh my! Do I dare watch an episode? What about my manhood?"
"Ah screw it!"
<watches Rarity makes dresses for her pony friends>
"This is soooo adorable! But... but... I can't let anyone know I enjoy this."
"If anyone finds out, just say you're a fan of the voice talent and checking out their work. Tara Strong and Tabitha St. Germain work on this. You've loved their work for years now. They've voiced characters in anime and cartoons that don't feature ponies."
"So it's okay that I watch this?"
"Yeah! Go nuts!"
<watches premiere>

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
eXistor said:
If anything, this is one of the first instances of Flash animation done right in the context of a non-low-budget show. Not that I would like for every cartoon to be made with Flash, but we may be watching animation history in the making. Flash animation has its uses, and in the context of a certain compromise between accessibility, production speed and quality, it can make sense - and not just for the web.

John Kricfalusi is probably rolling around in the grave he made for himself, since he isn't dead yet.

UberTag said:
"Yeah! Go nuts!"
<watches premiere>
Soon you will come to the conclusion that no such excuses are needed.

Too bad you saw that episode first, because the reaction to Fluttershy's critique is priceless if you had become used to her character from previous episodes.

Pollux

UberTag said:
"Why is this My Little Pony thread continuously on Page 1 of the Off-Topic forum?"
"Why are there pony avatars everywhere?"
<enters thread>
"Oh my! Do I dare watch an episode? What about my manhood?"
"Ah screw it!"
<watches Rarity makes dresses for her pony friends>
"This is soooo adorable! But... but... I can't let anyone know I enjoy this."
"If anyone finds out, just say you're a fan of the voice talent and checking out their work. Tara Strong and Tabitha St. Germain work on this. You've loved their work for years now. They've voiced characters in anime and cartoons that don't feature ponies."
"Yeah! Go nuts!"
<watches premiere>

It is FRIGHTENING how similar my thought process was in this.

Myke Greywolf said:
Soon you will come to the conclusion that no such excuses are needed.
Pretty much. At my current age, I couldn't care less about what people think. I posted it on facebook. I have the Ferrarity wallpaper on my phone. They can judge me all they want.

I'm really excited for when my god-daughter and her parents come to stay with me at the end of this month. She loooooves this show so I'm sure she'll be watching it a lot.

drunkendonuts said:
gasp! is anyone currently using that one right now?
Nope!

And oo are we rating episodes? I don't have a solid list but at the moment Bridle Gossip is my favourite because of Pinkie. The way she keeps singing her song in the background is so hilarious, especially when the other ponies are shouting insults at Zecora and Pinkie is just singing her song. And then of course Flutterguy singing while Pinkie does the moves, there are just no words for how awesome it is.

Oh also, anyone else noticed how a lot of things are exclusive to Pinkie Pie? She's the only one I've seen stand up on her hind legs and she does it in quite a lot of episodes, and she's also the only one who ever makes her eyes pop out like in Looney Tunes.

cool, would it be okay if i use it?

and yes, i have noticed how pinkie pie is hilariously unique. my personal favorite would be the way she hops around like pepe le pew, rather than walking around like everyone else.

drunkendonuts said:
cool, would it be okay if i use it?

and yes, i have noticed how pinkie pie is hilariously unique. my personal favorite would be the way she hops around like pepe le pew, rather than walking around like everyone else.
Sure, I wouldn't have made it if I didn't want it to be used ;)

And I couldn't resist:

67ig77.jpg

Came out better than I'd expected.

Pinkie's actually pretty coordinated. That's probably why it's easy for her to stand up on her hind legs and hop around like she does. We've seen her on ice skates, riding some kind of self propelled gyrocopter, perform her own parade as a one-pony band, riding Fluttershy, running backwards at the same speed as forward sprinting ponies, and I'm sure there's more that I just can't think of right now.

KtSlime

Mechanical Snowman said:
Nope!

And oo are we rating episodes? I don't have a solid list but at the moment Bridle Gossip is my favourite because of Pinkie. The way she keeps singing her song in the background is so hilarious, especially when the other ponies are shouting insults at Zecora and Pinkie is just singing her song. And then of course Flutterguy singing while Pinkie does the moves, there are just no words for how awesome it is.

Oh also, anyone else noticed how a lot of things are exclusive to Pinkie Pie? She's the only one I've seen stand up on her hind legs and she does it in quite a lot of episodes, and she's also the only one who ever makes her eyes pop out like in Looney Tunes.

Yeah, as I have said before, I think she *is* directly inspired by Jones, her bounding around, her plasticity, her out of sorts character, her wacky inventions, even her episode plots, etc. Pinkie Pie is a walking homage to Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies.

Zomba13

Confused101 said:
Pinkie's actually pretty coordinated. That's probably why it's easy for her to stand up on her hind legs and hop around like she does. We've seen her on ice skates, riding some kind of self propelled gyrocopter, perform her own parade as a one-pony band, riding Fluttershy, running backwards at the same speed as forward sprinting ponies, and I'm sure there's more that I just can't think of right now.
One of the many things that make Pinkie Pie the best

KtSlime

Cirekiller said:
What if someone made a MLP level in LBP?

Does that not already exist? I don't have LBP2, but I can't imagine no body has made an MLP level yet, I mean we already have MLP inspired minecraft.

FoxSpirit

Cirekiller said:
What if someone made a MLP level in LBP?

First thing that crossed my mind reading that.
Also, need to find a nice scene for an animated Rainbow Dash avatar, none of the ones still available are my kinda beer.

For now, taking
FRgdy.png
from Row 10.

If someone could edit in a cloud background like in ivedoneyourmom's into my current one it would be awesome btw.

jump_button said:
some of the top LBP makers are MLP fan now

im not sure if they a level but if you dont follow LBP that close LBPC the forum most of the best makers go too
I am a member over there :p And I'm willing to bet there is a Pony themed level. Can't be bothered to log on to search though.

FoxSpirit said:
First thing that crossed my mind reading that.
Also, need to find a nice scene for an animated Rainbow Dash avatar, none of the ones still available are my kinda beer.

For now, taking
FRgdy.png
from Row 10.

If someone could edit in a cloud background like in ivedoneyourmom's into my current one it would be awesome btw.
I'll look out for a good Avatar worthy scene.

Confused101 said:
"Giggle at the Ghostie" without the music

So this is how Pinkie sounds to the rest of the cast. I'm guessing the music is just in her head or something.
Already posted, Latey McLaterson!

SpeedySwaf said:
The Hub website has the "Giggle of the Ghoulie" song, but for some reason or other, is lacking the background music, so it only has PP singing.

It's interesting to listen to: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-p...os/mlp-clips-ep2-friendship-is-magic-pt2-song
SpeedySwaf said:

FoxSpirit said:
How is this:

20pdb9g.jpg

Just made it after watching Pony Show again, it seemed like the perfect avi candidate. Don't feel obligated to use, Foxix can just put it on the Avatar page if you don't want. Also, I thought you were complaining that your avatar couldn't be changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom