• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoset

That's weird I didn't know they had all the episodes on itunes in HD. $2.99 per episode seems a bit unreasonable though, but at least there's an alternative if they never release a blu-ray/dvd set.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
More crossover video fun: Applejack & Twilight with Celestia

This is exactly the kind of thing this show needs to bring in fans from the fringes of other fandoms, who end up coming in for the irony but staying for everything else. MLP:FiM fans are doing great in this respect, with those Elder Scrolls and Starcraft 2 videos, among others.

In another note, I just re-watched "Winter Wrap Up" for the first time. Damn, I think I must have been a little distracted the first time I saw it, but that song, now that I'm listening to it carefully... is just stupid awesome. Really.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
0DuP7.png

murdered me.

Just stopped by the New Mexico welcome center and saw that they had a book for guests to write/doodle in, so I drew a rough sketch of Pinkie Pie next to someone else's entry and wrote "Pinkie Pie Approves". My only regret is that I'll never know if a fellow brony stumbles on that entry someday...

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Confused101 said:
Here's some stuff that I don't think has been posted here yet.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

The video is particularly hilarious, but Twilight cheering on Twilight freaks me out.

Luna seriously has to come out of whatever hole she's hiding (or being kept) on. The fans are getting ravenous (that is to say, writing fan fiction about it).

Foxix Von

DMG-01 said:
Finally, I just finished watching all of the episodes and reading the whole thread. Now I need to find a good avatar with which to rep brony-GAF.

FTH said:
Foxix has an Apple basket full of avatars somewhere.. We need an OP with those in there, and a nice summary with spoiler tags of each episode or something, OH and all the awesome remix videos and short clips that we've been enjoying!!
Maybe I'm wrong but I rarely see the OP post in here? He posted back when le terrorists were here but not much after.. Maybe he's still ashamed :(

I thought I felt my pony sense tingling. Avatars ahoy! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26458443&postcount=1401

Amakusa

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
..................so this is why people have pony avatars.............

The show is to suger coated, but the Avatars are cute IMO. Wouldn't avatar myself, but I do enjoy them.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The_Author's_Apprentice said:
Just stopped by the New Mexico welcome center and saw that they had a book for guests to write/doodle in, so I drew a rough sketch of Pinkie Pie next to someone else's entry and wrote "Pinkie Pie Approves". My only regret is that I'll never know if a fellow brony stumbles on that entry someday...
That's cool. I really need to memorize a pony speed-sketch for such occasions.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Damn, with RS and YJ doing reruns for the rest of the month, looks like this and Symbiotic Titan are the only western animation I have to watch for this month =/

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ookami-kun said:
Damn, with RS and YJ doing reruns for the rest of the month, looks like this and Symbiotic Titan are the only western animation I have to watch for this month =/

What, no new Young Justice? That makes me sad too. :(

What's RS?

Shanadeus

Banned
Get that shit out of this thread!
I don't even know what RS and YJ is

I got myself a new avatar because I thought this squirrel was cute!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Shanadeus said:
Get that shit out of this thread!
I don't even know what RS and YJ is

I got myself a new avatar because I thought this squirrel was cute!

Regular Show and Young Justice. Also, with Digimon Xros Wars on a break til April 3rd and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger held for next Sunday, it looks like this and Symbiotic Titan will be the ones I am gonna watch. Thankfully the synopsis for both show's eps are good.

Just found a stash of all the episodes in 720p, .mkv. And I just realised I somehow missed Call of the Cutie so I've got another episode to catch up on. :) :)

Things like this shouldn't make me this excited.

Dai101

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Just found a stash of all the episodes in 720p, .mkv. And I just realised I somehow missed Call of the Cutie so I've got another episode to catch up on. :) :)

I would like to axe you for that stash. PM if it can't be posted here

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I thought this was some elaborate joke, or that you people were just insane, but watched the first 2 episodes anway. This is amazing. Going to watch them all now.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Mechanical Snowman said:

one of my favs.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
John Dunbar said:
I thought this was some elaborate joke, or that you people were just insane, but watched the first 2 episodes anway. This is amazing. Going to watch them all now.

Needs tag quote:

John Dunbar
correct about everything

And even if the rest of the series is episodic, the first two episodes aren't the best by almost any measure. You're in for a treat. Go ahead, and give us your impressions, we'd love to read them.

Furret

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
Needs tag quote:

John Dunbar
correct about everything

And even if the rest of the series is episodic, the first two episodes aren't the best by almost any measure. You're in for a treat. Go ahead, and give us your impressions, we'd love to read them.

Why does everyone seem down on the opening two-parter?

It's not my favourite episode but I'd certainly say it was in the top tier.

If only for Twilight's line about all the ponies being crazy and trying to make friends all that time. Oh, and Pinkie Pie's introduction. And Rainbow Dash's intro, and...

KtSlime

Furret said:

If only for Twilight's line about all the ponies being crazy and trying to make friends all that time. Oh, and Pinkie Pie's introduction. And Rainbow Dash's intro, and...

Cause we're mad. Mad our precious Luna left us, and has not returned. We'd rather pretend the first two episodes don't exist or aren't all that great because of the empty hole in our hearts they left us with.

Furret

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Cause we're mad. Mad our precious Luna left us, and has not returned. We'd rather pretend the first two episodes don't exist or aren't all that great because of the empty hole in our hearts they left us with.

Well, err... doesn't she only come out at night? I don't remember any episodes that were set at night after the first one.

KtSlime

Furret said:
Well, err... doesn't she only come out at night? I don't remember any episodes that were set at night after the first one.

I know, I'm just foolin. *shrug* maybe because we like the inter-pony-al character interactions more than the hero quest?

Furret said:
According to legend she comes out only on the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration. So I guess in 3010 sometime in the fall.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Furret said:

Well, I said "almost any measure". It's undoubtedly the most epic storyline so far, and everything considered, sure it's great.

Maybe it's our enjoyment that gets better once the characters are established and we get to know them. I really like the character-driven episodes, so those tend to be the better ones to me. Your mileage may vary, of course.

SpeedySwaf said:
The Hub website has the "Giggle of the Ghoulie" song, but for some reason or other, is lacking the background music, so it only has PP singing.

It's interesting to listen to: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-p...os/mlp-clips-ep2-friendship-is-magic-pt2-song
Hub videos don't load for me, so I only ever get to see new content once it's available... *ahem*... elsewhere. Kind of ticks me off, really.

SpeedySwaf said:
The Hub website has the "Giggle of the Ghoulie" song, but for some reason or other, is lacking the background music, so it only has PP singing.

It's interesting to listen to: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-p...os/mlp-clips-ep2-friendship-is-magic-pt2-song
Lame, it doesn't look like it can be streamed from outside the US. Any other sources? Still, if they've uploaded this solo then there is hope for the rest of the songs to be uploaded without the background noises.

Dai101

Banned
Being a long time fan of Sailor Moon (and the magical girl genre) i loved the 2 part pilot. But for the same reason i understand why much people don't like it and even alienates some to keep watching the series.

BTW, i somewhat like the theme song, even if i mute that when i watch the episodes in the tube.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

The video is particularly hilarious, but Twilight cheering on Twilight freaks me out.

Luna seriously has to come out of whatever hole she's hiding (or being kept) on. The fans are getting ravenous (that is to say, writing fan fiction about it).
The synopsis for a future episode says:
Fluttershy borrows the Princess's sick bird so she can heal it, without her permission, and the ponies try to help smooth over the situation.
So that might be a Luna episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom