• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

duckroll said:
I was actually surprised Fluttershy knew so much about fashion. Pretty shocking honestly.

Maybe she hangs around Rarity's shop on the days she takes her cat to get groomed.

Shanadeus

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
These people have way too much time on their hands, but this is admittedly well done.

This sort of absurdist humor is right up my alley, pony or no.
That was an awesome mash-up.

Pinky Pie is craaazy!

KtSlime

Well, y'all know my stance on Rainbow Dash - she makes the show about 20% cooler, which is odd because she's only one out of a cast of six…

I think RD has a lot of reasons to be prideful of what she does and how she does it - she IS an amazing pegasus pony. And her brash, somewhat abrasive, often self-serving attitude about life makes it all the more precious when she puts it aside and shows, that at her core she is still true and loyal to her friends - this IMO, is no different then when Fluttershy breaks out of her shell to tell off a dragon when it is harming the ponies she cares about.

RD really is a great character, you all just jelly cause you can't do no sonic rainboom. :lol

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
Well, y'all know my stance on Rainbow Dash - she makes the show about 20% cooler, which is odd because she's only one out of a cast of six…

Well, if she makes it 20% cooler than it is without her, and before counting her you had 100%... then the other 5 are also worth 20% each. :p

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
ivedoneyourmom said:

I think RD has a lot of reasons to be prideful of what she does and how she does it - she IS an amazing pegasus pony. And her brash, somewhat abrasive, often self-serving attitude about life makes it all the more precious when she puts it aside and shows, that at her core she is still true and loyal to her friends - this IMO, is no different then when Fluttershy breaks out of her shell to tell off a dragon when it is harming the ponies she cares about.

RD really is a great character, you all just jelly cause you can't do no sonic rainboom. :lol
Mega-truth.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Totally agree. I know it's only the 3rd episode in, but her true colours really come through in the Ticket Master. First of all, she only wants to go so she can show off and become famous, whereas Applejack wants to go to help other people in her family, and then she doesn't even learn her lesson when everypony else had after making Twilight feel bad.

Show off and become famous? What part of "living the dream" do you not understand? She has an opportunity at a huge break in her career- a much more noble reason than any of the cast had save Applejack,

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
Yeah, that's another thing. The writers seem to be under orders not to write anything that might supply RD with some much-needed humility. Here's an example:

You know, in figure skating, what happens if during a single routine, you smash your teeth against the ice twice, and then perform the most amazingly awesome almost impossible never performed jump EVAR? That's right: you lose the competition. Badly.

No such thing with RD in "Sonic Rainboom". I don't know what the other 13 ponies did out there, but it must have been pretty lame if Princess Celestia still found it appropriate to grant RD the grand prize after she botched a full two thirds of her act. Even after being awesome enough to perform the Sonic Rainboom to save four ponies, she never gave more than a passing thought to Rarity's gratitude. "IT'S THE WONDERBOLTS! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... Rarity what who now?"

You know what would have been awesome to watch? If RD actually came last in the competition because of her blunders, and then came to understand that the only prize she really needed on that occasion was Rarity's gratitude. That alone would make RD about 20% cooler in my eyes. Princess Celestia could award her a bravery medal or something. The Wonderbolts could still allow her to hang out with them on account of, I don't know, having their lives saved by her or something? Bonus coolness points for the episode if Derpy ended up winning the Best Young Flier grand prize.

As it was, it probably was just another part of Celestia's master plan to crush Equestria under the weight of RD's massive ego, now bloated to astronomical proportions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Myke Greywolf said:
Well, if she makes it 20% cooler than it is without her, and before counting her you had 100%... then the other 5 are also worth 20% each. :p

Don't you use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!

Koomaster

Myke Greywolf said:
Yeah, that's another thing. The writers seem to be under orders not to write anything that might supply RD with some much-needed humility. Here's an example:

You know, in figure skating, what happens if during a single routine, you smash your teeth against the ice twice, and then perform the most amazingly awesome almost impossible never performed jump EVAR while saving the lives of 4 other skaters? That's right: you WIN the competition. Awesomely!
fixed

I am not sure how any other pony would have been able to top that before or after. I think the judging in this case went with the 'spirit' of the competition rather than a numerical score based on by the books judging. Sure she was messing up to start with, but it takes real skill and talent to pull off what she did by the end there.

Not that I don't agree that RD doesn't get full of herself awfully much, but deep down everypony knows she's a good guy. Maybe she masks her true feelings by being so braggadocios, she showed some insecurity in that episode thinking she wasn't going to be able to pull off her routine. Probably all brought to the surface by the bullies calling her Rainbow Crash. In her youth she might have been very clumsy (still is ¬__¬ ) and was teased mercilessly for it. Probably still carries that pain deep down.

Koomaster said:
Not that I don't agree that RD doesn't get full of herself awfully much, but deep down everypony knows she's a good guy. Maybe she masks her true feelings by being so braggadocios, she showed some insecurity in that episode thinking she wasn't going to be able to pull off her routine. Probably all brought to the surface by the bullies calling her Rainbow Crash. In her youth she might have been very clumsy (still is ¬__¬ ) and was teased mercilessly for it. Probably still carries that pain deep down.
Oh man now I feel bad.

ZoddGutts

Koomaster said:
fixed

I am not sure how any other pony would have been able to top that before or after. I think the judging in this case went with the 'spirit' of the competition rather than a numerical score based on by the books judging. Sure she was messing up to start with, but it takes real skill and talent to pull off what she did by the end there.

Didn't she also drop out of school?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Koomaster said:
fixed

Next year's Best Young Flier competition will feature an inordinate number of ponies mysteriously falling to their deaths from the cloudisseum during every contestant's routine.

Don't feel too bad for Rainbow Dash. She did perform a sonic rainboom when she was a filly. She probably didn't even do it on purpose. She was probably horsing around and just wanted to see exactly how fast she could go. Then... BOOM.

Though she probably made some enemies because of that. Or at least made a whole bunch of ponies jealous.

Jintor

bananas said:
Old avatar:

marcilinesdad2-3.gif

What was this av from, anyway? Adventure time?

Koomaster

Myke Greywolf said:
Next year's Best Young Flier competition will feature an inordinate number of ponies mysteriously falling to their deaths from the cloudisseum during every contestant's routine.
They will probably institute some more safety regulations to prevent further accidents. :p

Koomaster

Confused101 said:
Yeah, like you are required to have real wings instead of magic ones. :p
Yeah honestly I don't think Rarity should have been allowed to compete in the first place since her wings were only temporary. ~____~

So that; plus maybe pegasus with nets underneath to catch any falling ponies. Maybe just have some cloud barriers under the stadium to cushion falls as well.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:
Well aren't we a misery guts lately! First Rainbow, now Celestia.
Yeah, I'm in a foul mood. Anypony could be next on my hit list
except Fluttershy

DrForester said:
Thought this was a rotating avatar of one person until now....
I'm honored that you would mistake my humble posts for Mechanical Snowman's awesome ones.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
I did find it strange that she didn't fly down to help or even use her magic when Rarity fell.
Now it all makes sense.

Dumbledore catches falling kids all the time. In very stormy conditions no less. Not a bright sunny day like that was.

Koomaster

ZoddGutts said:
Celestia did imprisoned her sister for 1000 years. She has a sinister side to her.
You know, she could have imprisoned her on the sun; could you imagine trying to keep a mane manageable in all that heat? But instead she was kind and just imprisoned her on the moon. Very fair imo.

Koomaster

G-Fex said:
but....ditzy doo is going to do it wrong and come out at the daytime.
Ditzy Doo knows how to deliver! You want the moon, you want it at night? It'll be there, you can BET on it. It may not be in one piece once she crashes into it, but she'll still deliver it on time!

G-Fex

Koomaster said:
Ditzy Doo knows how to deliver! You want the moon, you want it at night? It'll be there, you can BET on it. It may not be in one piece once she crashes into it, but she'll still deliver it on time!

So long as she doesn't drop it like she did everything on Twilight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom