• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MY NEW FAVORITE VEHICLE: CADILLAC SRX --> COME SHARE THE LOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models/gallery.jsp?model=srx

Man this car is gorgeous!

I saw one today, a woman driving a black one... God, it just stood out so nicely.. its so unique looking, and just perfectly proportioned...

I dunno why so many people buy the Escalade, but not the SRX... Apparnetly the SRX sales were slow off the bat, but have been picking up steam as of late... I really hope so, as this SUV deserves it.. perfect size, beautiful exterior and interior... just simply amazing..

5OD.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Haha. My neighbor bought the car and we all thought it was pretty ugly, but of course we didn't tell him that. So one day (about 2 weeks after he bought the SRX), I'm jammin on the guitars in my music room and I look outside the widnow to see a different looking car parked in his driveway. I go outside and it's the new Dodge Magnum (pretty slick lookin car). As I was leaving I saw him come out and I told him "Joe, what happened to the Cadillac?", to which he replies "That thing got uglier and uglier everytime I looked at it." Hahaha, I told him I felt the same way.

I've never seen anyone return a car two weeks after purchasing it.

Man thats crazy, Cant believe he bought a 38-48K car and then returned it.

The Dodge Magnum is attractive, but somewhat stale to me.

the Cadillac SRX is amazing.. How could you find it ugly? its based upon the looks of the gorgeous cadillac CTS...

i guess i will never understand some peoples tastes... trades in a beautiful cadillac SUV for a fucking dodge magnum stationwagon... tard.

Tekky

Personally, I don't like the "column of lights" on the front corners, or the fact that it's a %&#*ING HUGE SUV!

AlphaSnake

LuckyBrand said:
Man thats crazy, Cant believe he bought a 38-48K car and then returned it.

The Dodge Magnum is attractive, but somewhat stale to me.

the Cadillac SRX is amazing.. How could you find it ugly? its based upon the looks of the gorgeous cadillac CTS...

i guess i will never understand some peoples tastes... trades in a beautiful cadillac SUV for a fucking dodge magnum stationwagon... tard.

Magnums aren't wagons...Not only that but they're faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

Alphasnake said:
Magnums aren't wagons...Not only that but they're faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

One, the Magnum is a wagon, and two, they aren't that fast.

Dodge Magnum 0-60 = 6.3 sec.
Cadillac SRX 0-60 = 6.5 sec.

Hmmm. Trades a Cadillac for a fucking Dodge. Insane.

mrmyth

Tekky said:
Personally, I don't like the "column of lights" on the front corners, or the fact that it's a %&#*ING HUGE SUV!

The SRX is a raised station wagon. The Esalades of the world would roll right over this thing just like they would a Miata.

I think the BMW X3/X5 are both very attractive... the Crossfire is beautiful too.

The Dodge Magnum is certainly a station wagon.. what else could you call it?! Dodge even calls it a wagon!

SRX is not that big of an SUV... its mid-sized, and alot smaller than the Escalade lineup.

And yah, the top line SRX compared to the top line Magnum, the Magnum isnt all that special... Keep in mind that the Magnum is alot cheaper, and yes you might have bought the special one with the hemi, but they start in the low-mid 20's, meaning youll see them everywhere, and those stationwagons will get old quick...

I am not a big fan of the Magnum, I do like it, but think its already getting old looking and the rear end is weird/odd looking to me now, and not in a good way.

I am a big fan of its brother though, the Chrysler 300; and dont think anyone can go wrong getting it... however, dont fucking trade in your cadillac for one! It's still a chrysler/dodge, and your still going to have it have more reliability issues than your caddy!

Alucard

Banned
SUVs need to die. Heck, cars that run on gas need to die soon as well. We should be running out of gas in the next 50 years or so.

Tekky

Alucard said:
SUVs need to die. Heck, cars that run on gas need to die soon as well. We should be running out of gas in the next 50 years or so.

You know, the sad thing is, you're probably wrong about running out of gas soon.

There's going to be more and more deep-ocean drilling-for-oil going on. So we'll keep the gas flowing for a long time now. We'll kill all marine life, turn the atmosphere into a pressure cooker, and scorch the land dry, but yeah, we'll still have gas!

AlphaSnake

Error Macro said:
One, the Magnum is a wagon, and two, they aren't that fast.

Dodge Magnum 0-60 = 6.3 sec.
Cadillac SRX 0-60 = 6.5 sec.

Hmmm. Trades a Cadillac for a fucking Dodge. Insane.

For a car the size of that Magnum that's speedy as hell. I also never heard Dodge call the Magnum a wagon, but ah well. I associate wagons with cars like those old Chevy stationwagons with the wooden trim and all. :p

I will say that I didn't like the look of the Magnum at all when I saw it on TV, or in photos, but then I saw it in person at a dealer's lot, and it looked a heck of a lot better. I started to really like the look of it. It's a shame the whole "Hemi" thing is a huge gimmick; I wish the engineers at Dodge would have put some more power into their current engines, and not just slap the Hemi name on them.

AlphaSnake

Yeah, it looks a lot better (and smaller) in person. It's not as big as that pic shows. :\

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Joe said:
dodge010.jpg

exactly how isnt that a wagon? not to mention that thing is UGLY.

That is just a fast station wagon. If they added some curves or cool lines to it, maybe it would help. But it is just a wagon now.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Error Macro said:
I will say that I didn't like the look of the Magnum at all when I saw it on TV, or in photos, but then I saw it in person at a dealer's lot, and it looked a heck of a lot better. I started to really like the look of it. It's a shame the whole "Hemi" thing is a huge gimmick; I wish the engineers at Dodge would have put some more power into their current engines, and not just slap the Hemi name on them.

It doesn't just "have the Hemi name" on it -- it actually does have hemispherical combustion chambers and variable displacement. 340 horsepower. It's a beast of an engine.

AlphaSnake

SteveMeister said:
It doesn't just "have the Hemi name" on it -- it actually does have hemispherical combustion chambers and variable displacement. 340 horsepower. It's a beast of an engine.

Yeah, it's true. The Magnum comes in three different trims: A shitty 2.7L V6 trim with a puny 190HP engine (picks up 0-60 in 11 seconds! Sloooooooow). A 250HP 3.5L V6 engine (9 seconds). And of course the 5.7L 340HP Hemi (6.3 seconds).

The Magnum is definately a wagon, but wagons are kinda coming back,..

they wanted to start the magnum off as a wagon to make that kinda cool, and then later on introduce the sedan, and keep it fresh..

and it also would look less like the Chrysler version of the car, the 300/300C...

I think the 300C is almost too much ripping off the bentley/rolls look, but it does its own thing enough that its still cool.. it just comes off as being a big time luxury car, but most people will be driving around the $25K base version, and then its going to be lame real quick IMO.

I like cars that look their price range.. Cars that try to emulate another price range (ie: kia/hyundai) but are fucking cheap, come off as very cheasy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom