• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My PS5 died what now.

Metnut

I’m sorry. This sucks man.

Your options are to either pay Sony for the repair or get another PS5. Sell some games to eat into the cost if you’re strapped for cash. You might want to wait for the PS5Pro, but it’s probably still 4-5 months for launching.

Sorry again man. Life isn’t fair.

T4keD0wN

it-problem-phone-call.gif

OppaiNinja

Neo Member
Sell it for parts and get a PC. It might be more expensive but it's a better investment in the long run.
Also, unlike consoles, when a part in your PC goes bad, you don't throw the whole thing out; you just replace the defective part.

Quasicat

If you can wait, I would save up and see what deals or bundles are coming out around Black Friday. Last year there was the Spider-Man 2 bundle and places were selling it for $400. It’s worth a shot.

lachesis

Gold Member
Get a new machine if you are invested in PS eco system. I mean you paid and signed up for it. Maybe sell yours on ebay for parts and pieces - but make sure if you can wipe your personal data?

reinking

Gold Member
I would say wait it out if you can. Two new console announcements are on the Horizon. Definitely do not give up your investment in PSVR2 until you know for sure what your next move is. It can be used with PC too.

simpatico

Gold Member
PC without a doubt. Might as well start building a collection you'll always be able to play. Not to mention dropping all the monthly fees. You won't regret it.

El Muerto

Gold Member
Are you sure your tv doesnt need an update? Iykyk.

Just get a PC, all the exclusives are making their way there. And your PSVR2 will work there too.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Get youre consoles at costco. If it fucks up, you can return it as gaming systems arent part of the limited 90 day computers/TVs/electronics policy.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If I had a library that I care about I'd pay for the repair. You'll get more than 250 out of the replacement if you sell after repair.

Kerotan

If you're going to get another playstation the ps5 pro will be announced in the next 2 months. Sorry for your loss!

Neolombax

Have you tried asking if there's any local 3rd party repairs? I tried those services once when my PS3 died, lasted a few months before it died again. But its a cheaper option than sending it to Sony. Also it would give you time for possible PS5 Pro announcements. That is if you really needed to game.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
First thread I think, at least first serious one... I tend to do bad socially even in online set up so I apologize if I have already committed any gaffes. Very high too in case that matters/against the rules.

My beloved launched PS5 died... dropped like 800 for it at launch because of cam and shitty bluetooth headset that broke real fast. Also got PSVR2(might give away to any carer since I don't want to haggle if I sell)

Sony asking for like 250; no matter what its been for me before; right this second all it is is a machine that runs Efootball better than the Mac can though wine... So not woth the replacement out of warranty cost....

My library is massive(like every VR game bough and ps plus free games were already obsolete... but I only worry about the billions I have in POE MTX and POE 2... I need new MTX anyway and POE economy on PS5 is mental suicide anyway; might resurect on mac If it runs

Truth is pain so hard lost my head, also lost switch this week... I am scared... should I spent the repair money on a steam deck or other PC option? I miss modding so much.
Sorry for your loss. Any idea what happened?

Ill take that psvr2 off your hands please.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
A sign from jimbo, prepare your wallet for the king console ps5 pro.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Best advice. And after you are done, get a pc. Take the loss of money spend in the Sony ecosystem and stop repeating the mistake.
This is all wrong.
First you get the money, then you get the PC, then you get the women waifus.

sendit

First thread I think, at least first serious one... I tend to do bad socially even in online set up so I apologize if I have already committed any gaffes. Very high too in case that matters/against the rules.

My beloved launched PS5 died... dropped like 800 for it at launch because of cam and shitty bluetooth headset that broke real fast. Also got PSVR2(might give away to any carer since I don't want to haggle if I sell)

Sony asking for like 250; no matter what its been for me before; right this second all it is is a machine that runs Efootball better than the Mac can though wine... So not woth the replacement out of warranty cost....

My library is massive(like every VR game bough and ps plus free games were already obsolete... but I only worry about the billions I have in POE MTX and POE 2... I need new MTX anyway and POE economy on PS5 is mental suicide anyway; might resurect on mac If it runs

Truth is pain so hard lost my head, also lost switch this week... I am scared... should I spent the repair money on a steam deck or other PC option? I miss modding so much.

Don't let Sony screw you over again. Now is the time to buy the Series S. The 1 TB Series S can be had for a low price of $349.

Id say keep that PSVR2. Because Im pretty sure even when the PS6 comes out, who knows when PSVR3 will come and you already have a healthy library. Just keep it in the box and wait it out. The Pro is pretty much vaporware but at the same time if it does come out, that means the price of the OG PS5 is going to tank so hard you could get a used one off marketplace for like $250 if you want to get back into it next year. I just sold my PS5 and had to deal with a lil loss because of the PS5 slim, which I personally think looks like shit and cheap but a casual dont care. So if the Pro really does happen, I knew the value would sink even lower and Im one of the guys that bought the PS5 at a premium because it was unavailable for so long.

Last edited:

yurinka

It sucks. I'd repair it -maybe there's a place in your city or nearby who may repair it for a cheaper price- or get a 2nd hand one if you can't wait for the PS5 Pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom