• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault Neo |OT| All New Crack For Your All New WiiU

Ah, now this is the Wii U game I was looking for impressions of the most. NSMB and ZombiU are my physical day ones, but this looks far too good to pass up.

Agent X

The game looks beautiful in the videos I've seen, and the gameplay looks like it would be right up my alley. If I get a Wii U, then I'd surely make this one of my first game purchases.

A great deal at that price, and I'm enjoying it more than the 3DS version thanks to the true twin stick controls. It also has some achievement like "missions." These are small challenges like 'complete a cell without getting hit.' On the leaderboard screen, it displays how many missions that person has beaten, and although you can't tell which specific missions someone has completed, it gives a small incentive to try and complete more. Shin'en definitely put some thought into the leaderboard structure, which is crucial for a score based game like this one.

Downloaded this and Trine 2 on Sunday once I got the system and have not been disappointed.

Wow, the gameplay videos are amazing. I'm going to have to pick this up.

I hope Wii U gets plenty of shmups on the eShop. Gamepad-only play would really shine for me in the unlikely case that Cave got on board.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Updated with more GAF impressions! See if you made it! :O

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gummb

I'm interested in this. Waiting for NNiD migration confirmation.

Your NNiD is already confirmed to go to your next console and your WiiWare games can be transfered to your Wii U. What are you concerned about exactly?

Taker666

I'll certainly be getting this..and probably Little Inferno, Trine 2 DC and Chasing Aurora.

eshop has a great launch line-up...lets hope the quality continues.

pestul

Dammit you guys.. my Wii U is out for delivery today and even after all the steam purchases I have to get this now too.

Played this game for the first time and DAMN does this game not only look good, it plays really freaking awesome. I've only heard about Shin'en and what they did with other games, but I was a bit hesitant since I've never played anything thing of there's till I saw my friend had this and decided to try it out for myself. I was not disappointed at all and will surely be looking into other stuff they have made.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The 2 player mode is what attracts me the most with this game. One looking at the TV, the other at the GamePad, each with a perfect view of the action. A shooter is one of the best genre to appreciate the luxuary of no splitscreen.

beanman25

Just trying it out for the first time, will post impressions in a bit!

EDIT: weird problem. When I start this game, my left stick doesn't work going left. I rebooted the system with the same result. Every other game/menu works fine with the stick. Anyone experience this?

Gummb

EDIT: weird problem. When I start this game, my left stick doesn't work going left. I rebooted the system with the same result. Every other game/menu works fine with the stick. Anyone experience this?

...no. Sorry! :(

I just restarted it 3 times to see if it is a random error, but it's never happened to me.

kitsuneyo

Nice thread, you sold me on it :)

Off-topic edit - just saw I'm no longer a junior. No idea how these things work but I feel pride & joy :D

dkeane

I've had this happen a bunch of times. Thought it was because of my distance to the Wii U. Fucking annoying. Seems like a bug. It fixed itself after a couple restarts.

Yes Boss!

Updated:

<-><-><-> Shin'en Interview For More Information
<-><-><-> Watch The Trailer Here!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEFqno7UAk
<-><-><-> Watch Some Girl Play The First 3 Levels in 720p!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkoHOGCc66E

Will check for more updates tomorrow morning. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your Nano Assault Neo!

Damn,

That video of the girl playing is, like, exactly what it is like playing with my sister. Why can't there be more female players :-( Brought a smile to my face: I always get an excited call from my sister when new nintendo hardware is released. Goes back to Mario and Bionic Commando on NES days.

batbeg

I've had this happen a bunch of times. Thought it was because of my distance to the Wii U. Fucking annoying. Seems like a bug. It fixed itself after a couple restarts.

I had this happen earlier and it went away after I restarted a few times. Looking in the Wii U operations manual now though, it seems you can reset the sticks by holding a, b, +, and - for a few seconds.

The_Lump

Banned
It's going to be a day one purchase for me when it launches here. Looks lovely.

Graphics remind me of that dx 10 demo from nvidia (with the floaty rocks and water falls) Didn't look this good though, but the shininess of the wet surfaces reminds me of that. We've come a long way when and indie title can look this pretty folks!

That, Trine 2 and Little Inferno day one d/l for sure!

Need some leader board competition? Then add me:

NNID: Spacehawg

Put "nano" in the message if you please.

*trying to keep the thread alive*

dkeane

I had this happen earlier and it went away after I restarted a few times. Looking in the Wii U operations manual now though, it seems you can reset the sticks by holding a, b, +, and - for a few seconds.
Cool ill try that if it happens again.

Gummb

Need some leader board competition? Then add me:

NNID: Spacehawg

Put "nano" in the message if you please.

*trying to keep the thread alive*
im planning a big bump whenever a review comes in, but i hardly see any. :[

with that said, the game is worth every penny and deserves a larger miiverse community. we should engage in miiverse wars.

Haunted

50MB, how is that even possible?

dat German engineering.

I assume this'll be a European launch title, good. I want at least one digital title to test out how that stuff works, this is by far the most appealing candidate I've seen so far. Also makes a nice twinstick shooter trifecta with Geometry Wars on 360, Super Stardust HD on PS3 and Nano Assault Neo on WiiU - beautiful.

Also, how do I add points to my WiiU? (I assume it uses points) I still have some Wii points, can I use those?

50MB, how is that even possible?

dat German engineering.

I assume this'll be a European launch title, good. I want at least one digital title to test out how that stuff works, this is by far the most appealing candidate I've seen so far. Also makes a nice twinstick shooter trifecta with Geometry Wars on 360, Super Stardust HD on PS3 and Nano Assault Neo on WiiU - beautiful.

Also, how do I add points to my WiiU? (I assume it uses points) I still have some Wii points, can I use those?
Aren't they Austrians @ shinen?

I really hope this is a launch title too, I'll buy it as soon as possible (Friday I hope :D)

Wii U does use real money in the eShop as does the 3DS. I'm not quite sure about the Wii Points. I think I read here on gaf you can use those. I have 3000 left as well

Haunted

Aren't they Austrians @ shinen?

I really hope this is a launch title too, I'll buy it as soon as possible (Friday I hope :D)

Wii U does use real money in the eShop as does the 3DS. I'm not quite sure about the Wii Points. I think I read here on gaf you can use those. I have 3000 left as well
Fairly certain they're headquartered in Munich.

Money system like 3DS eShop
Don't have a 3DS. Eh, I'll figure it out.

Erethian

Don't have a 3DS. Eh, I'll figure it out.

Basically there's no points or anything, and you can use 3DS prepaid cards on the Wii U shop. Also when you buy something you can choose to pay the exact amount, or they've got the usual price brackets to fill up your eShop wallet.

Finally got around to beating all 4 clusters this morning. I think I played 80% of this game with the TV turned off and just playing off the pad. The only negative I could place on the game is the uninspired bosses...I think the 3DS game had better encounters.

Dived into survival and did really well on the first cell, didn't get hit once, but of course the second randomly selected cell was the one I'm weakest at and I didn't last too long.

I have a ton of other games to beat, but want to return to this one eventually to try and get higher on the leaderboards and beat all the mission challenges. It's a solid game, and I think one of the best e-shop offerings at launch.

Shin'en needs to get into, or at least TRY a hand in graphical outsourcing for other 3rd-party games.

Surely that could be a profitable venture and can still be done with their little team, just have another company be like "here what we want, work your magic", boom, even if it's not their best, it'll still look better than most other games easily.

Yeah something like Assassin's Creed might be too big for them, but something simpler, hell The Kore Gang was made in Germany, why weren't these guys recruited for that instead of Snap Dragon who suck? Could've been an amazing game in the right hands; Zoink did the design, Shin'en could've programmed it. What a waste. :(

Top Bottom