• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault Neo |OT| All New Crack For Your All New WiiU

wsippel

Banned
That's not true at all.
However Manfred Linzner composed music for Iridion 3D/2 that are very reminescent of Chris Huelsback's Turrican tracks.
Since Nanostray 2 Linzner haven't composed the soundtrack for Shin'en games (Schioeler did).
The same Martin Schioeler who wrote music for Anarchy and Fairlight?

Mdk7

Really a great experience, i'm loving it.
This, drawing on the Miiverse and Nintendoland are literally stealing my ZombiU time (i played like 1hr since launch, yet i loved what i've seen!).

Anyway, here's my review for IGN Italy, if you wanna add it to the OP.
Of course it's in Italian, but maybe some fellows speaking the language of Super Mario feel like giving it a go.
http://it.ign.com/recensione/2029/L-entusiasmante-safari-microbico-di-Nano-Assault-Neo
It's an 8.5 out of 10 for the record!

Celine

The same Martin Schioeler who wrote music for Anarchy and Fairlight?
Well that or it is one with the same name.

Anyway, here's my review for IGN Italy, if you wanna add it to the OP.
Of course it's in Italian, but maybe some fellows speaking the language of Super Mario feel like giving it a go.
http://it.ign.com/recensione/2029/L-entusiasmante-safari-microbico-di-Nano-Assault-Neo
It's an 8.5 out of 10 for the record!
There is an italian IGN ?

ThankeeSai

Nothing much to add... Just freaking love this game. It's definitely my favorite twin-stick shooter (but by no means the best). Just something about it makes me keep playing over and over again. It's so damn pretty, too!

But what's the secret to getting ultra-high scores?

This.

Played some Arcade mode on Epsilon 1 last night, tried to be as accurate as possible, didn't get hit, 100 percented the level, had the 9x multiplier thing active and came out with a score of 430,000. Topped my friends list - Yay me...Although, I should add that only 4 other people in my friends list have played this stage in Arcade mode :p.

Anyway, checked the leaderboards and the player at number 1 has 1.3 million points on the same level! How the hell is he doing that?! Would love to see some videos of people getting these types of scores.

panda21

anyone else having a problem where the sticks seem to get stuck in a certain direction and your ship will keep moving the same direction and shooting without you touching the sticks on the gamepad?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Since DDP went live, I was finally able to buy the game with my points. For such a small game, I love the look and music.

olimpia84

anyone else having a problem where the sticks seem to get stuck in a certain direction and your ship will keep moving the same direction and shooting without you touching the sticks on the gamepad?

Yeah I had that problem once but never happened again thankfully.

dkeane

You can reset the sticks by holding a, b, +, and - for a few seconds.

Zarovitch

Yeah it happen twice for me. I think that if you start the game while holding the stick in a direction it will be calibrate in this position.

panda21

You can reset the sticks by holding a, b, +, and - for a few seconds.

i guess that helps but its a fairly hectic game so its not easy to do that while you play.

Yeah it happen twice for me. I think that if you start the game while holding the stick in a direction it will be calibrate in this position.

i have a feeling its something to do with the gamepad getting momentarily disconnected from the wii u. i'm pretty sure its not because of holding the sticks when you start it because it randomly comes and goes while i am playing.

its a shame because its a cool game but this makes it completely unplayable for me

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Someone needs to get Amusement Vision and Shin'en in a room together along with some Nintendo IP lawyers and make some sweet, sweet FZERO X FAST loving.

Haunted

Nothing much to add... Just freaking love this game. It's definitely my favorite twin-stick shooter (but by no means the best). Just something about it makes me keep playing over and over again. It's so damn pretty, too!

But what's the secret to getting ultra-high scores?
A high multiplier and high accuracy. I've had my best scores with short bursts of fire and as few missed shots as possible as opposed to spray and pray.

This.

Played some Arcade mode on Epsilon 1 last night, tried to be as accurate as possible, didn't get hit, 100 percented the level, had the 9x multiplier thing active and came out with a score of 430,000. Topped my friends list - Yay me...Although, I should add that only 4 other people in my friends list have played this stage in Arcade mode :p.

Anyway, checked the leaderboards and the player at number 1 has 1.3 million points on the same level! How the hell is he doing that?! Would love to see some videos of people getting these types of scores.
welp, ok, that's way more detailed and in-depth.

No clue! :D

ciD_Vain

Regarding the sticks getting stuck in a certain direction...it's happened to me about 5 times now and i've noticed it's happened when there is interference between the gamepad and Wii U. I always fix it by pausing the game, then switching the screen display from TV to gamepad, and then back to the TV (or vice-versa). It's pretty annoying but at least you can fix the problem with the game paused.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I haven't played the game yet, but looking at videos from the youtubes, some of the lighting seems kinda unimpressive.

finally unlocked Zeta wow that area is a whole different type of game can't use the same old tactic

but how do I get higher a score? I can't seem to break 600k :( Zeta is even harder

finally unlocked Zeta wow that area is a whole different type of game can't use the same old tactic

but how do I get higher a score? I can't seem to break 600k :( Zeta is even harder

Make sure to get 100% of all the enemies and reach the exit in time - that bonus is critical to getting a high score.

Why are the online rankings still borked? It really defeats the purpose of survival mode.

I have no issues with the rankings. What do you mean?

NateDrake

Make sure to get 100% of all the enemies and reach the exit in time - that bonus is critical to getting a high score.

I have no issues with the rankings. What do you mean?

Rankings aren't accurate. Flags cover some numbers, so it could say you are #68 but it might actually be 268.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I really like this game but I really, and I mean really suck at it. I keep dying on the second world. Any tips?

I really like this game but I really, and I mean really suck at it. I keep dying on the second world. Any tips?

Buy satellites and organize them to all fire the same direction. Put them in one row in front of your ship. This should at least help you with the first set of four.

Shahadan

Just to remind people that it's cheaper for now.

Bought it yesterday, and damn. I'm almost sorry to not have paid full price. I was a non believer but I've seen the light *_*

Had a really good time playing with my significant other who usually dislike this kind of things.

Got this the other day, wow, this is seriously one of the best games on the system. The metacritic score does not do this justice, it's one of the most addictive score-based shooters I've played in a long time.

It took me a couple of hours, but if you're on my friends list, I beat your Epsilon score :D

scitek

I bought a Wii U from a guy on Craigslist and it had this on his account. :p The game's great. I turned it on last night before bed just wanting to check it out and ended up playing for 45 minutes. As a fan of Super Stardust HD, I'm glad to have something else like it. Also, the Upad and Pro controller's sticks are godly.

Leonsito

Just bought this since it's on sale, wow, super fun and addictive, reminds me of Geometry Wars + Mario Galaxy, well spended 7€.

hoserx

Sorry for digging up the old thread but I just bought this game and I have to say that it is fantastic. It made me remember how much I like twin stick shooters. The game looks amazing and the blazing framerate makes it even more impressive. Every shot is satisfying and the music is quite enjoyable. I've only made it to the third set of cells but I am having a great time and almost like when I encounter a "game over" because I get to re-do the cells I just played through. The whole combination really adds up to one of my favorite experiences on the WiiU so far.

505zoom

I just started this game back up today and had forgotten how much I love it. Super addictive, and trying to beat the top online scores makes for a fun and sometimes frustrating time.

I know I'm about a year late on this, but the best tip I can give you is to take the larger enemies down to just a sliver of health, then lure some of the smaller enemies over, and take the big guys down immediately after a small one. If you watch the multiplier gauge underneath your score, it shoots up to max and then drops back down super fast... so you want to pop those big guys as soon as possible after killing a less valuable one.

In arcade mode, the "money/points" items work the same way, so get right next to them, shoot a small orb, and then immediately grab the item.

Another good one is to put your satellites directly in front of the main ship for higher accuracy scores. I can get about 90% on Epsilon 1 consistently by doing this and shooting in small bursts.

Since you wanted to see a video, here is (a kinda crappy) one that I shot with a camera back in February:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCn-KXRj7e0

My scores have gotten bumped down quite a bit over this past year, but after a couple hours playing the Epsilon Cluster on single player tonight I recaptured the top USA spot and 5th worldwide. Still got some room for improvement too since I only got 2 bonus rounds and each one was only in the 40-50 second range. Going to try and get back up there on the other levels this coming month, and I have a capture setup now so I'll take some better vids. :)

Bumhat

I realise I am LTTP here and am digging up a thread from the depths, but I bought Nano Assault Neo during the sale last month and hoo boy, I am loving it! The controls are extremely responsive, the difficulty level is just right, and it's visually lovely. The only issue I have is the occasionally wonky camera, but it's hardly a deal-breaker.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of content you get given how cheap the game is, and as has been said earlier in the thread I think the way the scoreboard has been integrated is really smart. I have only just scratched the surface of Survivor mode but I'm having a great time with it so far, even if I can barely complete more than 5 areas before dying.

Being a filthy Junior I can't make a new thread, but if I could I would ask this: can anyone recommend any other great twin-stick shooters? It's a genre I had hardly played prior to Nano Assault Neo, but given how much I'm enjoying it I'd love to try similar games.

Malus

So I finally bought this after having it on my backlog since launch lol. Imma be checking out a lot of eshop games I've been ignoring.

I thought it was pretty mediocre tbh.

Pros
- Great visuals
- Some cool enemies. I like the fire worms.

Eh
- Decent but not great core gameplay
- Okay music

Cons
- Very simplistic bosses, the final boss in particular was a big disappointment.

- Super short, compounded by the fact that the game isn't very difficult to progress through minus a couple stages. Finished after 1:40, and that's after replaying some levels a few times. I wasn't expecting a big adventure from this type of game but it felt especially insubtantial imo.

- Would've liked some distinct weapons to shake things up.

- I'm not a huge fan of the levels emptying out as you get close to the end. It feels anticlimactic.

I had some fun with it, but in the end this one is going in the "meh" pile. I'm sure everyone who wanted to play it has played it already and has their opinion lol, just felt like throwing in my 2 cents.

Next up Guacamelee.

Top Bottom