• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto 2 [Import GCN] ROCKS. To the chest, even.

Picked up this game a few weeks back based on a few reccomendations here, and it owns me. I love the combat system, like a mix between SSBM and DOA; the back-and-forth of the replacement technique counters makes for a great flow. Plus the graphics and animation are fucking gorgeous.

Are there plans for a Naruto 3? Aside from more characters (Shino!) It'd be nice if they had a few crazy 3D arenas, with things to knock people in to / off of. And maybe a free-run button... (or just use the C-stick as a free-run stick?) If for no other reason than side-stepping for coins in the shadow battle is the suck.

And is there any chance of a company releasing it state-side? I remember IGN pimping out the first game a ways back, hinting that there was a chance it would show up here.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Banjo Tango said:
Picked up this game a few weeks back based on a few reccomendations here, and it owns me. I love the combat system, like a mix between SSBM and DOA; the back-and-forth of the replacement technique counters makes for a great flow. Plus the graphics and animation are fucking gorgeous.

Naruto = Bloody Roar. Same developer, just not quite as mashtastic. :) I love the 4P mode, which totally makes the whole game for me.

No idea if a sequel is coming out though.

Mairu

I'm sure eventually we'll see a Naruto 3 from them, it's just a matter of when.

I'm guessing that they'll make a Naruto movie fighting game to coincide with the movie's release later this year.

Hero

Both of the games have sold over 500,000 units. A sequel is most likely in the works. They're probably waiting for either the anime to finish up the current arc or the movie to be released to gain maximum attention.

The game is awesome. 4P mode rocks.

Jiraiya, Itachi, Sandaime(hokage), Shino, Temari, Choji, and Tsunade need to be in the next game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
IMO, GC Naruto 2 > PS2 Narutimate (sp) Hero. I have them both, and never played the PS2 version much...the lack of 4P really brings it down, especially when the game would be perfect for four people.

Lyte Edge said:
Naruto = Bloody Roar. Same developer, just not quite as mashtastic. :)
Heh, I have BR as well. Would never have guessed, though...

At what point in the Naruto anime was the game released? At the end of the whole Gaara / tournament thing?

Hero

Banjo Tango said:
Heh, I have BR as well. Would never have guessed, though...

At what point in the Naruto anime was the game released? At the end of the whole Gaara / tournament thing?

About there, yeah.

The last 'new' character in the game is Sharingan Sasuke. Cheap mofo at that. Up + A = cheese teleport kick move.

Hero

I doubt Mastiff could afford the Naruto license. The Japanese company (Tomy?) knows that Naruto is a hot and valuable intellectual property, and they'd want to be careful of releasing anything Naruto related. I mean Viz picked up the manga but they've only done three volumes so far.

They'd have to wait until the anime debuts here, which is looking like never soon, and even at that they'd release the first Naruto game.

Just import it. :p

belgurdo

Banned
jarrod said:
Mastiff should really bring this to America...

Konami will probably snatch this up when and if someone airs the cartoon a la Shaman King

edit: And considering Eighting/Hudson/Konami are all part of the same company anyway I'm surprised they haven't even without the US adapted cartoon

jarrod

Banned
belgurdo said:
Konami will probably snatch this up when and if someone airs the cartoon a la Shaman King
Speaking of which, why isn't KCEJ doing a GC port of Shaman King? It's like the one Konami game (besides TMNT & YuGiOh) that has any potential on the younger focused GameCube market. :/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hero said:
They'd have to wait until the anime debuts here, which is looking like never soon, and even at that they'd release the first Naruto game.

Just import it. :p

not really, the sequel's story mode covers all events from the beginning... they'd probably just bring over the sequel and not number it.

It looks like Magic Box has screenshots of the Naruto: Narutimet Hero 2 game...

What's the difference between this series and the Cube games? Is there any word on a 4-player mode?

naru27.jpg

aoi tsuki

levious said:
not really, the sequel's story mode covers all events from the beginning... they'd probably just bring over the sequel and not number it.
Or bring over the original and all sequels. Look at DBZ Budokai, and hell DBZ in general. i expect big things from the Naruto license when it hits here, including big time milking.

aoi tsuki

Short answer, yes. All the characters, stages, and music from the first are in the second, plus more characters and a cool 4-player mode. Some of the specials have also received an upgrade.

Top Bottom