• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Sasuke has become a full blown villain. He is just misguided as fuck. His intentions are fine and his idea isn't inherently bad but the way he is going about it....typical uchiha lol.

True dat, but it's never gonna happen :V

Sasuke should've died not once but three times in that fight
3871656_orig.gif

I wouldn't say Sasuke has become a full blown villain. He is just misguided as fuck. His intentions are fine and his idea isn't inherently bad but the way he is going about it....typical uchiha lol.

Is better to not let them reproduce though, if it wasn't for Kaguya we would have uchiha villains only since the war started.

360pages

Being misguided is not an excuse for attempted murder, trying to capture pretty much living creatures that helped you and other stuff. For a Cycle that was forced through Violence he is rather quick to use that to bring about change...despite all the Uchiha doing the exact same thing for the sake of change.

Khezu

Bad ass Susanoo is not enough? It's a goddamn tail beast.

Susanoo is technically still an MS power, so it doesn't really count as a feat for EMS.
Even Kakashi has a Perfect Susanoo with just regular MS, and those weren't even his own eyes.

Plus I think Susanoo sucks, and completely ruined Sasukes fighting style.
All he does now is hide inside of it.

Susanoo is technically still an MS power, so it doesn't really count as a feat for EMS.
Even Kakashi has a Perfect Susanoo with just regular MS, and those weren't even his own eyes.

Plus I think Susanoo sucks, and completely ruined Sasukes fighting style.
All he does now is hide inside of it.

Kakashi got a brief power up, that shit doesn't count. Sasuke can't hang with these powered up opponents without using Susanoo/Amaterasu. His use of Amaterasu is genius.

Khezu

The only way a taijutsu fight is happening is if Naruto fights Sasuke in base for a bit.

Otherwise it would be like a small twig trying to fight a hurricane.

Or Kishi will just ignore logic and rules again, and just do w/e the fuck he wants, like with Madara.

Welfare

The only way a taijutsu fight is happening is if Naruto fights Sasuke in base for a bit.

Otherwise it would be like a small twig trying to fight a hurricane.

Or Kishi will just ignore logic and rules again, and just do w/e the fuck he wants, like with Madara.

Lol what if Sas has the advantage at the beginning, and that makes Naruto have to power up?

Sai

Sasuke has almost always held an advantage against base Naruto at that range, even without the Mangekyō Sharingan—Sharingan's movement reading, his use of Shunshin, Chidori Nagashi, Chidorigatana...

Sennin Mode flipped the script though. Kawazu Kumite > All of that..

Welfare

It really feels like some of you guys want a 1 sided massacre rather than an actual fight.

Well, when one character has much better power ups/feats than the other, you sorta don't expect a fair fight.

It would be like a fight between Post-Room of Spirit and Time Goku vs Vegeta Post-RoSaT. After the Cell fight, it is clear that Vegeta was way behind Goku, even after he went in a second time. A fight between those two would end with Goku as the clear winner, every time. Even Vegeta knows this. But with Sasuke, he is blinded by revolution, and thinks he can beat Naruto, when all he got was a single Rinnegan.

Unless Kishi pulls out the "I was only holding back my powers against Kaguya so you[Naruto] can do most of the work so you tire out and I can take you out easier" asspull, Sasuke has done nothing worthwhile to suggest that he can even tie Naruto.

I really don't see how making this a good fight will somehow be any more BS than many of the other things that have been happening in the manga lately. People are just letting their passion get in the way of things. It's fine if you want or don't want a certain thing to happen, but don't act like it'd be any more ridiculous than the usual stuff.

Edit: Or let me rephrase that a bit. People can be whoever mad at it they want, but don't be extra fed up because you think it's somehow more BS than usual, because it's not. just be mad because you really don't like it.

Well feel however you want to feel, but it's really not more BS than the ordinary.

Was rewatching the Itachi v Sasuke fight, and wow, I forgot Itachi told Sasuke to only face him after getting the Mangekyo. And then he went even farther and said he killed Shisui to get his and that Sasuke would need to kill his best friend too. Itachi, what if Sasuke actually did that? How did you know that wouldn't happen? Did you read ahead :p

Was rewatching the Itachi v Sasuke fight, and wow, I forgot Itachi told Sasuke to only face him after getting the Mangekyo. And then he went even farther and said he killed Shisui to get his and that Sasuke would need to kill his best friend too. Itachi, what if Sasuke actually did that? How did you know that wouldn't happen? Did you read ahead :p
I have a feeling Itachi was originally gonna be a villian throughout the story but he became so popular that Kishi wanted to make him a good guy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't get the sense that he was going to be a villain as much as he was written to be the source of Sasuke's hatred and as a mysterious figure. The lack of knowledge we had concerning his motivations for killing the clan, his reason for joining Akatsuki, his sudden change in personality... it was all there to have him be this unknown figure we want to know more about, stand there as an obstacle for Sasuke to overcome, and act as a vehicle for him to make certain choices. I have a feeling his motivations were thought up much later, possibly even as Kishi was leading up to the Sasuke/Itachi fight. That's just speculation on my part, but I never once got the sense that he was foreshadowed to be anything in particular.

Maddocks

only one person can take a character and completely flip them. Tite from Bleach, who took a actual dead character and brought them back to life at the last minute because he had no idea how to conclude the arc. The asspull of all asspulls gave birth of the best, nay, the greatest troll character of all time. Aizen.

Maddocks

sure as hell felt like that was his intention. made him suffer for 3 days but only lasted a second. He mind fucked Sasuke to the point he couldn't talk and kakashi couldn't do anything for days afterward.

Itachi being a good guy was a great reveal, but his first appearance was pretty damn brutal.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
sure as hell felt like that was his intention. made him suffer for 3 days but only lasted a second. He mind fucked Sasuke to the point he couldn't talk and kakashi couldn't do anything for days afterward.

Itachi being a good guy was a great reveal, but his first appearance was pretty damn brutal.
His second appearance was even worse, IMO. He beat up Sasuke and then made him relive the worst night of his life for 3 days. Then he claimed he didn't have enough hatred, when he was already a boiling bottle of hate and thought about revenge 24/7. This is the one scene that really goes against his character as it's been established since his "good guy" reveal.

I-hate-u

Like how he could have killed Kakashi the first time he visited Konoha with Kisame.

What would have happened if Guy didn't show up? I really think Itachi would have killed Asuma and Kurenai, and Kakashi would have been imprisoned somewhere.

Not related; can we please know what happened to Yamato? He is a great character and I miss him.

Sai

Not related; can we please know what happened to Yamato? He is a great character and I miss him.
Yamato was the one being used by "Guruguru" Zetsu to fight the allied Shinobi forces earlier. Once Mugen Tsukuyomi started, Guruguru released him, and now he's sleeping along with the others.

Hans Holo

Banned
Yamato was the one being used by "Guruguru" Zetsu to fight the allied Shinobi forces earlier. Once Mugen Tsukuyomi started, Guruguru released him, and now he's sleeping along with the others.

But what happened to Guruguru-/Spiral-Zetsu damnit!

SolVanderlyn

But what happened to Guruguru-/Spiral-Zetsu damnit!
He's obviously going to attach himself to Sasuke after he loses to Naruto and become the really real final antagonist, dragging out the manga for 100 more chapters.

Well yeah, it wouldn't have been much of a plot twist if it was too obvious he was a good guy.

But the polite speech,
Use of non-lethal force,
Running away from fights even when he seemed to have the upper hand,
His abduction attempt of Naruto was pretty lack-luster for someone with the ability to sneak in and out of the village undetected.

The Itachi we met just didn't match up with his reputation.

Maddocks

He was always the bad guy till something changed kimishs mind. not unheard of, but let's not pretend it was always the plan. He was always mysterious so he could be used later of needed and he was by the I was always good switch.

He was going to kill everyone that got in his way, mind fucked kakashi. If gai didn't show up and point blank say I called for backup he would have killed him.

He mind fucked Sasuke bad put him in a coma, only tsunade could have healed him. Didn't capture naruto because he knew he was outclassed in that fight and back then the sharigan had a recharge time. He wasn't running, he knew if all 3 fought it out they all would have died. He was being honest at that point.

I'm going by information given at the time of him showing up. its no use saying things he did in chapter 50 was undone by the recon in chapter 243. So at the time of his introduction he was a mysterious bad guy, I'd say around the first Sasuke vs naruto fight for kimish was when he decided to use itachi in a different way.

I would love a one sided roflstomp like I've said before, but I honestly don't care if we get something else. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief a bit. Sasuke will be more motivated against his rival and do better, maybe have more uses for the rinnegan, etc.... Obviously I won't tolerate Naruto being stomped at any capacity.

I just feel like we're gonna get a TON of complaining in the following chapters. "HOW COME NARUTO WAS HIT BY THAT? HE COULD HAVE JUST _________"

I just want a cool ass fight.

Sasuke right now is essentially Itachi + Pain. I don't see how Naruto is going to go about attacking him.

Also, Sasuke, unlike Naruto, actually has thought of a solution to ensure the ninja world is more peaceful in the future. With the absence of tailed beasts and separate village structure there will definitely be less wars against villages especially from the bigger ones.

Meanwhile Naruto just keeps going on and on about how he will find peace for the ninja world without ever thinking on how he will actually do it.

Although I don;t understand why Sasuke has to be so extreme. Killing the five kages is not necessary. Just have them step down -___-. Why does he want to "rule" this unified Ninja world? It should be based on democracy. I mean he kind of has the right idea but then you can the vengeful spirit in him cloud his actions and make them incredibly stupid.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Although I don;t understand why Sasuke has to be so extreme. Killing the five kages is not necessary. Just have them step down -___-. Why does he want to "rule" this unified Ninja world? It should be based on democracy. I mean he kind of has the right idea but then you can the vengeful spirit in him cloud his actions and make them incredibly stupid.

How exactly will he go about having them step down?

"Please step down."
"No."
"Oh alright."

For his plan he's clearly gonna have to kill them, there is no forcing them to do this any other way.

And I'm pretty sure he has no interest in "ruling" the Ninja world.

Maddocks

sasuke wants what naruto wants. A unified group of villages, a one village system. He is just going about it in the most batshit crazy way of kill everyone and everything that stands in my way of doing that.

While narutos way is building a understanding with eachother. Naruto wants peace via talking and respect. Sasuke wants peace via fear of if you don't do what I do, I'll murder you in your sleep.

Sai

What was at stake?
The promise he made to Sakura, the efforts and sacrifices of the rest of his comrades that helped him get there being in vain, and Sasuke's life; Naruto was aware of what Orochimaru intended to do with Sasuke.

Seems pretty obvious, unless Naruto lunged for Sasuke's forehead to kill him for some reason.
They were just last ditch swings after expending everything they had; there were no Chidori and Rasengan left after that exchange. I think it's much more believable to see it as more of a form of poetic justice, rather than insist that Naruto abandoned all of the aforementioned just to refute a childish provocation. He's not that much of an idiot.

If you want to say Naruto had one of his arms tied behind his back, mention how he never used Kuchiyose no Jutsu... I'd just say that he hardly ever relies on it to begin with though. :p

Sasuke right now is essentially Itachi + Pain. I don't see how Naruto is going to go about attacking him.

Also, Sasuke, unlike Naruto, actually has thought of a solution to ensure the ninja world is more peaceful in the future. With the absence of tailed beasts and separate village structure there will definitely be less wars against villages especially from the bigger ones.

Meanwhile Naruto just keeps going on and on about how he will find peace for the ninja world without ever thinking on how he will actually do it.

The idea of having a tailbeast in every country actually helped stop a lot of possible wars, it was a good call in Hashirama's part. It's like countries that have nuclear weapons, other countries will think before declaring war to them. The beast being free can pose a problem but they are also intelligent beings that deserve to be free. Is a though choice.

The promise he made to Sakura, the efforts and sacrifices of the rest of his comrades that helped him get there being in vain, and Sasuke's life; Naruto was aware of what Orochimaru intended to do with Sasuke.

They were just last ditch swings after expending everything they had; there were no Chidori and Rasengan left after that exchange. I think it's much more believable to see it as more of a form of poetic justice, rather than insist that Naruto abandoned all of the aforementioned just to refute a childish provocation. He's not that much of an idiot.

If you want to say Naruto had one of his arms tied behind his back, mention how he never used Kuchiyose no Jutsu... I'd just say that he hardly ever relies on it to begin with though. :p
Err clearly it was the intention, 100%.

Sasuke outright challenges Naruto in round 1, "I bet you won't even be able to make a scratch on my forehead" on top of the hospital, and once more in round 2 in the VotE when he places his headband on. The anime even adds emphasis with flashback to the exact scene moments before their finishing blows. The scratch is highlighted in great detail, tying directly with aforementioned callbacks. Naruto's aim was never to kill Sasuke, and aiming any lower would have killed him. To be clear, Naruto's goal during the fight was not to simply scratch the forehead protector, it was a decision made at the moment of impact of the final blow to scratch it instead.

There's no grey area here, the storytelling is very clear about it. I don't think it makes Naruto idiotic at all that he decided to scratch the headband. In the bigger picture, it is Naruto's last message to Sasuke that proves he can accomplish what people say he can't, no matter what it takes. Sort of like a "told ya so".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom