• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

I no longer have any anime episodes readily available, so I can't even verify what you're referring to. But, in the manga, there were no flashbacks to either of those statements during or immediately after the altercation—no insinuations that Naruto intentionally took what little was left of his Rasengan after that clash just to nick Sasuke's forehead protector.

What I do remember from the anime's depiction of that scene, was Naruto actually using his claws to to deliver the strike, which didn't play out that way in the manga, and only served to reinforce the belief that Naruto intentionally went for it.

Moreover, there shouldn't have been much, if any threat to Sasuke's life if Naruto had managed to nail him in the head with what was left of his Rasengan. The Rasengan empowered by the Kyūbi's chakra, and Sasuke's Habataku Chidori hardly resembled the techniques they were based off of; they were reaching out to strike with essentially globs of chakra. Naruto wasn't detonating another huge ball of chakra in Sasuke's face, and Sasuke wasn't plowing his fist through Naruto's chest; they couldn't.

Both attacks landing where they did, in my opinion, were purely by chance. The scratch left on Sasuke's forehead protector was unintentional, poetic justice. The scratch on his forehead protector also signified him cutting his ties to the village.

Maddocks

yeah, that fight the manga and anime are different. Anime makes it seem like he was clearly aiming for the forehead protector because he said he would make a scratch, but the manga it really seems like it was because Sasuke cut thought his Rasengan and Narutos hand kept going forward while sasuke moved down a bit and the Rasengan lost all rotation and all it could do was scratch the forehead protector.

Jigolo

That's another reason Naruto won't lose. Because Sasuke won the first fight and Kishi won't let that happen twice.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm talking about Sasuke after his fight with Danzō, and you're bringing up stuff that happened beforehand during the Kage Summit, bro; when he couldn't even fully materialize the upper torso of his Susanoō's body, when even extended use of the partial materializations had his entire body writhing in pain, when he wasn't as accustomed to Enton: Kagutsuchi.

The cloaked, or "armoured" Susanoō that quickly dissipated was due to the backlash from constantly overexerting his dōryoku since the Kage Summit, which Obito had just warned him about before Sakura and the others arrived on the scene. That cloaked Susanoo, or at least the Enton: Susanoō Kagutsuchi that he was able to utilize after it's completion, would have given him a fighting chance against Kyūbi Chakra Mode Naruto; and I think Kishimoto did a pretty good job of depicting that leveled playing field when Sasuke started fighting alongside Naruto in that state during this war.

I'll grant you this, MS Sasuke with armoured Susanoo would have a fighting chance against KCM Naruto, but by feats, he would lose pretty terribly. Sasuke is suited to fight a number of opponents of high calibre and Naruto's clones have gotten ridiculous enough to beat Kage.

Again, back when Sasuke could only manifest Susanoō's ribcage, and could only use Enton: Kagutsuchi as a deterrent, at best. :/

MS jutsu are not only taxing on chakra reserves, they're wasted on an opponent like Naruto that can move faster than he can follow and bombard him with mid-range jutsu and chakra claws - which he could feasibly use to pull Sasuke out of his Susanoo or deliver Rasengan with through Kagutsuchi defences.

His greatest feat would be "perfect" Susanoō, which again, he should have had the ability to use with plenty of energy to spare before he acquired the Rinnegan. That state of Susanoō could have allowed him to combat and defend against attacks like the Bijūdama.

Yeah, no. There is no evidence for this at all, and if Sasuke had it, he would have used it against Obito, but he didn't. His strongest feat was a full-bodied Susanoo infused with Jūgo's nature energy. At best, and being generous, Sasuke would've been able to use an armoured version (which, again, if he had it, he would've used it), and that still wouldn't compare.

Naruto was still overall superior at that point due to his recently gained(or more like, allowed) ability to use Senjutsu with Bijū Mode. But the disparities between their power levels have been over exaggerated on both sides of the fanbases since Naruto acquired Sennin Mode. It's been more like an indirect tug of war until Biju Sennin Mode, and now Kishimoto's trying to give Sasuke a way to close the gap that's been widened since that point—and it's only been a few hours in the manga's time!

The way I see it:

Rasenshuriken* Naruto = Hebi Sasuke < Taka** Sasuke < Sennin Mode Naruto < Susano&#333;*** Sasuke = Ky&#363;bi Chakra Mode Naruto < Eien no Mangeky&#333; Sharingan**** Sasuke = Bij&#363; Mode Naruto < Bij&#363; Sennin Mode Naruto

* Post-F&#363;ton training
** During the Killer B bout
*** With Enton: Susano&#333; Kagutsuchi
**** With "perfect" Susano&#333;

I don't think the power difference has been exagerrated at all. I think you give Sasuke far too much credit to expect him to compete with Naruto who has the full cooperation of Kurama, the strongest of the bij&#363;, and who has feats such as manhandling five bij&#363; simultaneously with relative ease.

The more accurate list, in my view anyway, would be
Post timeskip Sasuke >>> post timeskip Naruto (being generous to Naruto here if you don't count 4T)
Hebi Sasuke >> FRS Naruto
SM Naruto > MS Sasuke
KCM Naruto >> EMS Sasuke
BM Naruto >>>> EMS Sasuke
BSM Naruto >>>>> EMS Sasuke

People aren't just randomly saying they fully expect Sasuke to get obliterated just because they don't like him. They're saying it because it's the reasonable thing to expect given Naruto's feats. A lot of people didn't think we would get a Naruto VS Sasuke fight simply because the gap had grown far too wide. Just re-read chapters 644 and 645, the shit Naruto was pulling off just isn't comparable, and even Sasuke seemed aware of that.

Sorry for the late response.

at the valley? clearly Sasuke won.

Eh, one could argue Naruto beat himself.

Frog-fu

Banned
I can't
Code:
[IMG]http://rs1ci.memecdn.com/197/5127197.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/34973bdf47ee2091815068ea6731c746/tumblr_na5u9sH1NU1sfnn3mo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-0/10592779_633380833436704_635639012682161234_n.jpg?oh=9782cb67b1399179c2077321244bf150&oe=54700A27&__gda__=1416681049_f65152816875cc889a06da84806edd36[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/fc3f74ea236f3b5702e3b2925f9253a2/tumblr_n9yrte8bn11r4zr6wo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/dd27185a2e3b699d499f19a7dd0f28c0/tumblr_n9x51oDrgH1slkit3o1_500.png[/IMG]

There was a clear winner in that fight and it was Sasuke. It wasn't a he best himself or Sasuke got lucky, sasuke was just stronger at the time.

Really? Cause Naruto could have blinded or ripped Sasuke's throat open if he were so inclined and chose to scratch his headband instead to make a point. He also fought without any intention to kill Sasuke, whereas Sasuke did the opposite.

Sai

Sasuke won the fight at the Valley of the End, but I wouldn't say he was stronger. Fight could have easily gone the other way, or tied; it was that close.

Back then, they were relatively equal.

Frog-fu, I'll get a reply back to you later. We absolutely agree that Naruto's held the upper hand since Bij&#363; Sennin Mode, it's what Sasuke was capable of during the earlier development stages of his ocular powers where we differ.

[EDIT] - Most of those images are horrifying.

Maddocks

So Sasuke stabbing naruto in the chest, let's not forget that he aimed for his heart but missed because naruto was able to move, meant nothing? He won the fight right there, it was game over. He didn't know naruto had the 9 tails back up to heal him.

Why are you discrediting Sasuke? he was stronger at that point. I know the cool thing is to give Sasuke 3 inches and naruto 45 feet but come on. Sasuke won that fight. He got up from abusing the curse seal, and walked away under his own power. The guy is a genius, not some scrub who got lucky. Now there is a clear power gap, but back then it was Sasuke then naruto. Naruto was always playing catch up at that point, hell even after the time skip naruto was still not stronger then him. Kimish couldn't just let Sasuke be a genius who was gifted though, had to say Sasuke got stronger with drugs and forbidden techs. a never liked that.

Frog-fu

Banned
So Sasuke stabbing naruto in the chest, let's not forget that he aimed for his heart but missed because naruto was able to move, meant nothing? He won the fight right there, it was game over. He didn't know naruto had the 9 tails back up to heal him.

Why are you discrediting Sasuke? he was stronger at that point. I know the cool thing is to give Sasuke 3 inches and naruto 45 feet but come on. Sasuke won that fight. He got up from abusing the curse seal, and walked away under his own power. The guy is a genius, not some scrub who got lucky. Now there is a clear power gap, but back then it was Sasuke then naruto. Naruto was always playing catch up at that point, hell even after the time skip naruto was still not stronger then him. Kimish couldn't just let Sasuke be a genius who was gifted though, had to say Sasuke got stronger with drugs and forbidden techs. a never liked that.

Naruto was still conflicted about even fighting a bloodthirsty Sasuke when he got stabbed. The fight wasn't over though since the wound healed in seconds and that's when the tides were turning seeing as Naruto resolved to beat him into submission.

I'm not discrediting Sasuke at all, I actually believe I give him a fairer shake than most would, but I think it's a tad ridiculous to compare Sasuke to Naruto when the later has unrestricted access to a bij&#363;. Even way back when Naruto couldn't control it during VOTE, using Kurama was still the equivalent of hitting a "I win" button.

Sakura was merely speculating Sasuke had taken drugs to become more powerful, I don't think that was ever confirmed, so I would take her statements with a grain of salt.

Maddocks

Washing my hands of this. Just going to be a back and forth of... Sasuke was stronger at the time, no he wasn't, 9 tails power. So I'm bailing out.

Frog-fu

Banned
Code:
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/224/8/c/_____hokage_naruto___commission______by_dark_infamous-d7ttzz2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/aff0ba3d1a5c0d18ade85783d3045447/tumblr_nbu5s6F2Dw1sgj9jeo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/76e50519ac07785f02ea3d64d2b05581/tumblr_nbu5rxDXeh1sgj9jeo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8e1d274f94e70a66be5cf934bc461274/tumblr_nbwyse3ozs1s9l08eo1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/25c29df533683941706f3d22bb84351a/tumblr_nbwyse3ozs1s9l08eo2_1280.png[/IMG]

Naruto's the Last design is straight up fucking garbage.

If Hinata is in the Last,

she better look like this:

U41EceB.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto's the Last design is straight up fucking garbage.

You shut your whore mouth.

I actually expect at least one more design for Naruto since his two sketches are of discrepant height differences. The one with the hoodie is specifically noted to be his downtime clothes.

Yup. Sasuke won the fight before it even got started with that chidori. Even after Naruto went nine tails mode he still managed to hold him off.

Base Sasuke was far stronger than base Naruto at that time. Naruto with nine tails (if he increased the number of tails) would of been stronger than cursed Sasuke but he was knocked out before that could happen.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
zOBkSTp.gif

....nah jk it looks like he has down syndrome or something in animation but I think he looks cool in the sketches.
Haha, what is this gif? Is this actually in an episode?

I really do think people are underestimating The Sauce™ and his powers/abilities.

The Sauce™ hasn't really cut loose yet. It's pretty clear to all who want to see it that he was holding back considerably during the Obito, Kaguya, Madara fights. He knew that Naruto would be the final hurdle to climb to achieve his new world.

Dude is going to bring the thunder and push Naruto to his max. He'll debut at least five new jitsu that are equal to or greater than anything Naruto has.

Zeroth

We are 8 chapters away from Chapter 700, and as we know every X00 chapter has something big. Either the fight will last only 7 chapters, or we will get a big revelation out of it.

Frog-fu

Banned
get

I wonder if Kishi needs the extra time to think of how this fight will go, is putting extra time to make sure the fight is good, or is just taking a break because why not?

I think it's just a matter of scheduled breaks so he can spend time off work. Manga-ka have ridiculous work hours.

Discussing naruto with some guy at work, he also expects naruto to roflestomp. Incoming disappointment for him :p

edit: lord bless that itachi gif

Welfare

Just to sum up, what were the events of all the x00s?

100 was the start of Naruto V Neji

200 was when Kimimaro first appeared.

300 was when Sasuke showed up in part 2 (Shadow)

400 was when Obito told Sasuke the truth about Itachi

500 was part one of the Kushina flashback.

600 was one of the best characters turning shit tier.
Obito unmasked

Been rewatching some old fights and forgot that Sasuke/Naruto had that weird spirit meeting after Danzo died. Naruto told Sasuke that if they fight [each other] they'll both die. What a liar :p

To be fair, both have died since. So yes?

1081.gif

Frog-fu

Banned
Why is Itachi always at the centre of weird gifs in the Naruto fandom?
gif-anime-654416.gif

I wonder if Kishi needs the extra time to think of how this fight will go, is putting extra time to make sure the fight is good, or is just taking a break because why not?

Nah, I think it's one of his scheduled breaks.

Goku would never do that. He would try to have a fair fight with naruto.

That would be impossible.

What is that from?

Nowhere, just a fan animation.

Amikami

Banned
So is this picture of The Last Sasuke floating around real. Looks legit but lol. Looks like Snow from FF13
KuGsj.gif
or kinda like Tayuya now that I think about it harder. Confused about the rules to posting scanned images so I won't.

Khezu

It's kinda hard to tell what he actually looks like from that image.

Looks like his revolution failed and he became a beach bum, and lol he still only has one rinnegan.

Amikami

Banned
Gotta be honest. This the first image that popped into my head, but maybe it's from all the ff news.

From what I can make out, I'm not crazy about this new design, but I'll wait to I see him decently colored at least.

Dereck

Questions

Obito is dead, he ain't coming back, no secret jutsu is going to make him return, he's dead like fried chicken, right?

If Sasuke is killed, what more is there to do or to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom