• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before his death, Jiraiya said the two closest times he'd come to death was:

1. Training with Naruto, and fighting him in his 4th tailed state.
Was it mentioned whether Jiraiya was caught off-guard or something in that situation? Because Orochimaru did pretty well to come out fairly unscathed in his battle against four-tailed Naruto when he wanted to see how powerful he was.

Tsunade was rusty in that fight, Orochimaru didn't had any arms, Jiraiya was the only one fighting at full capacity.

I also think is fair to include the Edo Tensei in the characters repertoire. Especially mow that characters like Gai and Naruto raised the power level.

Jiraya was poisoned and at a fraction of his power due to Tsunade.

Edo is not really a power of the person doing the summoning, its a power of the thing being summoned. It also requires quite a bit of setup that you really can't expect to use every fight.

Was it mentioned whether Jiraiya was caught off-guard or something in that situation? Because Orochimaru did pretty well to come out fairly unscathed in his battle against four-tailed Naruto when he wanted to see how powerful he was.
Oro is much more powerful than Jiraiya.

He was first thrown like a mile into a forest, torn in half by the 4 tails, and even lost an arm forcing a regin-throwup thing jutsu.

Without his broken regen stuff, he would probably have died.

He was testing Naruto's willpower to see just how much control he had over the kyuubi's chakra. He deliberately fought Naruto in that state.

And Orochimaru did well against Naruto's taijutsu, however had Naruto's biju bomb been a direct hit, he would have died. Naruto could have killed both of them in that state. They both confirmed it.

King Boo

Ok if we are talking Edo Tensei.

Real talk here.

Who takes it Orochimaru vs Kabuto.

Oro had a senju body, his arms back and the hokages.
Kabujo has Sage Mode and his army (including itachi, Edo Madera)

Are the 4 Hokage's enough to clean house?

well the edos are all weaker versions of themselves, but kabuto would have two rinnegan users and ms...so in other words he has all the super cheap characters on his side. it doesn't matter though who would win, since madara and hashi would break free, and i can't tell what would happen next.

ok but lets say they don't. orochi and kabuto both have characters that can mess things up for the summoner. kabuto through itachi can just hypnotize orochimaru to cancel all the summons. and orochimaru through minato can just tag kabuto and ruin the summon contract thing. so it would be a cool to see

Jiraya was poisoned and at a fraction of his power due to Tsunade.

Edo is not really a power of the person doing the summoning, its a power of the thing being summoned. It also requires quite a bit of setup that you really can't expect to use every fight.

Does it? You just needs to have the DNA, find a sacrifice and do the seal once. After that is smooth sailing, For example Kabuto used Deidara to find Naruto and then summon him again later at the battlefield. He didn't had to find another corpse and more DNA. That would be like saying that Kankuro needs to create his puppets for every fight.

well the edos are all weaker versions of themselves, but kabuto would have two rinnegan users and ms...so in other words he has all the super cheap characters on his side. it doesn't matter though who would win, since madara and hashi would break free, and i can't tell what would happen next.

ok but lets say they don't. orochi and kabuto both have characters that can mess things up for the summoner. kabuto through itachi can just hypnotize orochimaru to cancel all the summons. and orochimaru through minato can just tag kabuto and ruin the summon contract thing. so it would be a cool to see

I forgot Minato had that contract breaking seal. I don't know if that would be enough to cancel Edo Tensei, since the zombies would still be free and most of Kabuto's zombies where villains that didn't even cared about bring controlled.

I just want to note that it's funny how fast this thread blew up and passed at least one of the others. How did it not have its own thread to begin with.

Nesotenso

man, I missed so much. Catching up on Narutopedia, it seems impossible to jump back in and make sense of what I am reading.

man, I missed so much. Catching up on Narutopedia, it seems impossible to jump back in and make sense of what I am reading.

I spent the last 2 days getting caught up and even I have no idea what's going on. Tree's of Life, Space Queens, Narujesus, everybody dies--it's gotten pretty crazy...

I spent the last 2 days getting caught up and even I have no idea what's going on. Tree's of Life, Space Queens, Narujesus, everybody dies--it's gotten pretty crazy...
nahh you can do it just start reading/watching a bit before from where you stopped and you'll get back into it. Or just ask any question here. I mentioned it before but there's so much crazy happening that reading it all in one short time span without time to soak it in and understand it really makes it hard to digest. But reading it over time made it easier. Every time I explain something to someone they go WUTTT.

I just want to note that it's funny how fast this thread blew up and passed at least one of the others. How did it not have its own thread to begin with.

I myself was hungry for a Naruto discussion regarding the manga, without talking about other series, or part one or when someone stop reading the series, or people forcing themselves to watch it till the end (which is sad, because if you don't like something, there's no need to keep doing it, at least wait till the series ends and catch up after the hype).

And yeah it's gotten pretty nuts, I suddenly I'm at a point where I have absolutely no idea what to expect of tomorrow's chapter.

I myself was hungry for a Naruto discussion regarding the manga, without talking about other series, or part one or when someone stop reading the series, or people forcing themselves to watch it till the end (which is sad, because if you don't like something, there's no need to keep doing it, at least wait till the series ends and catch up after the hype).

And yeah it's gotten pretty nuts, I suddenly I'm at a point where I have absolutely no idea what to expect of tomorrow's chapter.
I kind of like that feeling though. Having no clue what will happen moment to moment. What will happen after this arc. etc...I feel like if we're going to get nuts then lets get nuts!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll laugh if this alien theory I keep seeing get thrown around ends up being true.

I'll laugh if this alien theory I keep seeing get thrown around ends up being true.
It's ridiculous but at the same time some of the motivations of these enemies make no sense. What does Madara gain from the entire world being under IT? Why does Kaguya need an army? It's weird stuff.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kaguya's army is a bit weird, yeah. It could be that she just wants to have absolute power and an army that will soullessly obey her every will and command. She seems to have a pretty extreme totalitarian thing going on there. But it's hard to say for sure...

Madara's IT, though, is his answer to a world of eternal peace and love, which he thought would be impossible to attain otherwise. At least, that's how I understood it.

Weiss

Banned
I have clearly been out of the loop for a long time.

Last I read Naruto Orochimaru had died or something and now you guys are talking about aliens.

Kaguya's army is a bit weird, yeah. It could be that she just wants to have absolute power and an army that will soullessly obey her every will and command. She seems to have a pretty extreme totalitarian thing going on there. But it's hard to say for sure...

Madara's IT, though, is his answer to a world of eternal peace and love, which he thought would be impossible to attain otherwise. At least, that's how I understood it.
I just can't grasp what Madara gains from that other than maybe he is bored and just wants to see. Because just doing that....forever....isn't that boring for him?

I have clearly been out of the loop for a long time.

Last I read Naruto Orochimaru had died or something and now you guys are talking about aliens.
He aint dead any more and the alien talk is just lulz....for now.

Infinite Tsukoyomi (I think I spelled that correctly) was a means to an end to reset the world. He was going to put everyone into hypnosis and drain their life energy and convert them into White Zetsgu dudes. His idea was to become all powerful and rule the entire planet for some god damn reason. None of these new villains motivations are adequately explained. Kaguya just seems like a randomly created badass alien moth queen who wanted to star as a character in Bleach but showed up at the wrong audition so they said fuck it, and included her anyway (seriously, the whole stepping through dimensions thing is ripped wholesale from Bleach and other Manga, look at the way the hole in dimensions is stylized).

But to be slightly more serious if Kaguya needs an army for something its more likely to be aliens from a different dimension than ones from space. I still wonder what's the deal with those castles we saw in both dimensions.

SolVanderlyn

I don't think Madara's plan is entirely logical by default. It's a last ditch effort to bring about the world that he and Hashirama dreamed of as children. He tried so hard to attain it, got screwed over, read Black Zetsu's altered tablet, lost all hope, and figured that his dream was impossible unless he cheated and illusion'd everyone into happiness. I don't think he knew about people turning into White Zetsus. I also suppose he would cast the Infinite Tsukoyomi on himself when all was said and done, so he could live in his fake-perfect world forever.

Maddocks

Kaguya wants everyone to be in a dream world as a punishment for going aganist her. Madara wants everyone in the world because he wants peace, but he wants it in a very follow me or I'll kill you way.

I just think there is more story to go in terms of Kaguya. I'm sure we'll learn more. I also wonder what Hagoromo is going to say to the edo's.

Guess we'll find that part out tomorrow! Maybe he will say he just wants to watch them resurrect Madara's crotch.

Stage On

Tsunade was rusty in that fight, Orochimaru didn't had any arms, Jiraiya was the only one fighting at full capacity.

I also think is fair to include the Edo Tensei in the characters repertoire. Especially mow that characters like Gai and Naruto raised the power level.

Especially since Edo Tensei requires prep time for it to be effective. You need the dna of the person you want to bring back from the dead so if you don't have it tough bananas.

Kabuto was only able to get the army he did because he spent most of the time after he thought Orchimaru was dead going around collecting dna while the entire Pain and Kage summit story arcs where going on.

Then you need a living sacrifice. Which isn't something you can pull out at the drop of a hat.

Kabuto

I don't really understand what happened in this week's chapter from Panda's translation but I loved the Uzumaki Naruto Ittai Rendan Throwback! Going to wait for Stream's translation to digest the chapter more.

Well it seems Kimimaro's clan really does have a connection to Kaguya. Then again she can probably use any bloodline limit she wants.

Just read the chapter. Naruto is OP as hell, Sasuke just give up bro.

Either the original is still living (makes sense) or Naruto's clones are not just clones anymore but real people also name Naruto (too OP to be the answer).

Weird how the clone that was with Sakura vanished but not the others... Black Zetsu is bossing Kaguya around I don't know If I like that.

Now that she wants to kill Naruto instead of grab him and get his chakra , things are going to get much tougher.

I think that was the clone that went with Obito since Obito made a remark on that. The real Naruto is still in that dimension. Overall a good throwback chapter.

Maddocks

The real one was switched with the one holding onto obito. So the clone probably died while the real one was left behind with the rest of them. least it seems that way from how the one holding onto obito is gone, but the one that followed her played like he was the real one..

black zet seems to not really be bossing her around more like hes just giving her a smart suggestion that it would be best to kill him as you have unlimited chakra back home with everyone sleeping and naruto has the power to seal you. is it worth it in the long run to keep him around? nope. Good thing she was smart enough to listen.

The real one was switched with the one holding onto obito. So the clone probably died while the real one was left behind with the rest of them. least it seems that way from how the one holding onto obito is gone, but the one that followed her played like he was the real one..

black zet seems to not really be bossing her around more like hes just giving her a smart suggestion that it would be best to kill him as you have unlimited chakra back home with everyone sleeping and naruto has the power to seal you. is it worth it in the long run to keep him around? nope. Good thing she was smart enough to listen.

I read now the panda translation and you makes sense. Manga stream loves to alter the dialogue too much, turning simple stuff confusing. In the Panda dialogue their conversation seemed more natural.

I assumed the palace was the key to the different dimensions but it seem this canyon place is the one. I wonder what's up with Kakashi at the end.

Edit: Kaguya is... kind of hot.

SolVanderlyn

I can't be the only one who thought this.

DGKIjre.jpg

BVnd9Nv.jpg

dat phrasing.

It's so early here and I'm dizzy and still half sleep but... I think maybe the one that entered the dimension was the clone.

BZ said that other two make it to the dimension but disappeared. Maybe the other two where Sakura and Obito and he confused them with clones. Then the Naruto clone that entered lie to then when asked if he was the original.

But of course that theory goes out the window, when he said "I'm the real one, I should go in". Unless the real one end up in yet another dimension and the one we saw was the clone that was with Sakura and Obito.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

SolVanderlyn

The one who "died" obviously wasn't the real Naruto, because all of his clones are still left in the other dimension. I think it'll make more sense when put together with the next few chapters, but as a stand alone chapter, this was pretty confusing.

It's so early here and I'm dizzy and still half sleep but... I think maybe the one that entered the dimension was the clone.

BZ said that other two make it to the dimension but disappeared. Maybe the other two where Sakura and Obito and he confused them with clones. Then the Naruto clone that entered lie to then when asked if he was the original.

But of course that theory goes out the window, when he said "I'm the real one, I should go in". Unless the real one end up in yet another dimension and the one we saw was the clone that was with Sakura and Obito.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
I thought that the final pages line from sakura/obito clearly said that it was narutos clone.

Wait... how close are we to end? skipping the posts to not spoil myself. I havent kept up, for six months. Last I saw was
Obito finally being defeated, and everyone going for Madara

Mendrox

Wait... how close are we to end? skipping the posts to not spoil myself. I havent kept up, for six months. Last I saw was
Obito finally being defeated, and everyone going for Madara

There were two more final bosses after this and now we have another final boss... maybe the last one, but I would say that this is not the last boss, lol. Manga will go on for a long time, eventhough Kishimoto said that it will end this year (yeah, the cashcow will end...right)

There were two more final bosses after this and now we have another final boss... maybe the last one, but I would say that this is not the last boss, lol. Manga will go on for a long time, eventhough Kishimoto said that it will end this year (yeah, the cashcow will end...right)

goddamit. thank you mate.

I am curious to see what happens. the reanimation jutsu should be over, so I am curious to see who joins the fray after that. hmmm.

Kishi should end it. end it on a good note. It would be sad if it got off the rails like Bleach. What I really liked post-Pain Arc was all the great characters they introduced, and for a while leading up to the war, he did a good job handling a lot of different characters in different places.

I also want to say that
the flash backs with the first and Madara growing up, is probably one of my favorite stories of all of Naruto. I found everything about it, basically better than the Naruto/Sasuke. Better story, better reasoning, better conflict, more interesting drama.

He was testing Naruto's willpower to see just how much control he had over the kyuubi's chakra. He deliberately fought Naruto in that state.

And Orochimaru did well against Naruto's taijutsu, however had Naruto's biju bomb been a direct hit, he would have died. Naruto could have killed both of them in that state. They both confirmed it.

He had to use Sanjuu Rashomon in order to deflect it. In contrast, Hashirama had to use four Rashomon gates instead of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom